This is the last trip the 4 of us ever take to WDW. Nov 2-12 *FinalUpdate 3/19* Pg.59

ok this is scary...I'm posting right after you again :lmao:

so wonderful you gave back to GKTW and did the gingerbread run :goodvibes

I knew :littleangel: had Noah on it, just didn't know who "the" Noah was, thanks for sharing that :)

cute photos of the kids exploring CSR!

That's so sweet that Donald was able to get your son to warm up to the characters! I probably would have teared up if I was in your situation. I hope your race ended up going well! :thumbsup2
It was a sweet moment. The funny thing is I was video taping the first few encounters with the characters and I stopped taping because Christopher was screaming and that doesn't make for good video. Of course I wasn't taping when Donald came over. :headache:

I'm back and FINALLY catching up.
Hello Miss popcorn:: Nice to see you. :goodvibes

Too bad the wreath wasn't up when you took the pic![/QUOTE]
I know... that would have made for an even better pic.

Great first day; can't wait to hear about the race.
Thank you Ms. Kat.

Nice job on the run Tim. It's great that you could visit GKTW again, in that way. They're a great organization.

Melody got some really nice pictures of the kids and Coronado Springs. Juliana's too cute with that "hand on hip" pose of hers.

I love it...we both posted an update today. :goodvibes

First, congrats on the run...I am very proud of you! And what a nice thing to do for GTKW.

I am so loving the CSR poster girl's photos all around the Coronado. And now she has her little brother with her. She sure has grown up a lot since that first stay at the CSR. :goodvibes

HI there :) Joining in. Really enjoying the TR so far. -Amanda :goodvibes
:welcome: Amanda!!!

Thanks for reading! :goodvibes

Hey Tim! I have been Awol from your ptr but had to sub to your new TR. I can only think of one reason for that title. But i will wait to see.
:welcome: Mary Ellen! Nice to see you!

I remember traveling with Katie when she was 11 months old. We had to rent a turtle for the roof for all the baby gear. Can't imagine how much stuff we would have had to take on a plane!
We don't travel light. Plus being gone for 10 days we needed a lot of stuff. :faint:

I just loved that phlto of Christopher sprawled out in his stroller. So cute! Did Ana enjoy showing Christopher little things throughout the trip? She is such a good big sister.
He slept in the stroller quite a few times which helped out a lot. Juliana was really good to him. :goodvibes

Thank goodness for Donald breaking the ice with Christopher. That memory is a keeper!
Oh yea!!!! :goodvibes

ok this is scary...I'm posting right after you again :lmao:
Are you following me?

I needed to write a little something (even though I already had most of this written) to get my mind off of what has been going on here.

so wonderful you gave back to GKTW and did the gingerbread run :goodvibes
It was a really fun run for a great cause!

I knew :littleangel: had Noah on it, just didn't know who "the" Noah was, thanks for sharing that :)
His TR is linked on the first page of the Wish Trippers thread if you ever want to read it. Make sure you have tissues handy. :angel:

cute photos of the kids exploring CSR!
I couldn't really write much about what they were doing because, well, I wasn't there! ;)

Nice job on the run Tim. It's great that you could visit GKTW again, in that way. They're a great organization.
Thanks Glen! They are great. the work they do is outstanding and each volunteer there is amazing!

Melody got some really nice pictures of the kids and Coronado Springs. Juliana's too cute with that "hand on hip" pose of hers.
YEP... she still poses. :rotfl2:

I love it...we both posted an update today. :goodvibes
You trying to tell me something? :confused3 :rotfl2::rotfl2:

First, congrats on the run...I am very proud of you! And what a nice thing to do for GTKW.
Thank you Kathy! :goodvibes

I am so loving the CSR poster girl's photos all around the Coronado. And now she has her little brother with her. She sure has grown up a lot since that first stay at the CSR. :goodvibes
She sure has grown!

March 2009...

DSC04441.jpg

DSC04486.jpg

DSC04591.jpg

Oh now you've gone and done it...you made me cry to see how beautifully she has grown.
I've been crying all weekend. She has grown into a beautiful young girl. The same age that those murdered kids were. :sad1:

FYI...a little package was sent out today for her and Christopher. :goodvibes
Thank you Kathy. I'll keep my eye out for it. :goodvibes

Nice job on the run! If they had a corral for the "30-minute mile" runners, that's where you'd find me. :rolleyes1

Juliana sure does know how to strike a pose!

She sure has grown!

March 2009...

DSC04441.jpg

DSC04486.jpg

DSC04591.jpg

oh my such sweet photos, your little sweetie just keeps getting cuter by the day!

well at least you didn't accuse me of stalking :rotfl2:

I had to go see how close you all were to Newtown when I heard the news...its so heartbreaking for all of the families

Finally caught up! was stuck on Page 5 because I was busy working on my own social networking website :cool1:

I am super glad that Donald really opened Christopher up. I was like oh no, even his favorite, Mickey, couldn't do a thing. And to top it off, Goofy sneaking up..i couldn't imagine what was going through your mind!

Love the update! Sounds like this was a pretty neat race! I can imagine it was emotional for you. Pretty good time!

Great pictures around CSR! It is def one of my favorite hotels. So peaceful.

Like others have said I cannot believe how much she has grown! You can also see the excitement in her face that she is there with her baby brother!

I've been crying all weekend. She has grown into a beautiful young girl. The same age that those murdered kids were. :sad1:

This news broke my heart. I cannot listen to the radio or watch the news. I have been so badly effected by this. One of the teachers at the school went to college with me, she was my friends RA. Thankfully she is OK, but those poor kids. My heart and my head can't handle it.

Nice job on the run! If they had a corral for the "30-minute mile" runners, that's where you'd find me. :rolleyes1
I'm sure you could be put in the 20 min/mile runners. Don't sell yourself short. ;)

Juliana sure does know how to strike a pose!
Yes. She is a trip. She's still got it!

oh my such sweet photos, your little sweetie just keeps getting cuter by the day!
Thank you Lisa!

well at least you didn't accuse me of stalking :rotfl2:
:rotfl2::rotfl2: :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I had to go see how close you all were to Newtown when I heard the news...its so heartbreaking for all of the families
We are about 25 minutes away. :sad1:

Finally caught up! was stuck on Page 5 because I was busy working on my own social networking website :cool1:
That's cool! What is different with yours compared to the 100's that are out there now?

I am super glad that Donald really opened Christopher up. I was like oh no, even his favorite, Mickey, couldn't do a thing. And to top it off, Goofy sneaking up..i couldn't imagine what was going through your mind!
It was weird because he never showed an interest in Donald before... I guess it was just one of those things. pixiedust:

I was just thinking- 'This is going to be a long week.' :sad2:

Love the update! Sounds like this was a pretty neat race! I can imagine it was emotional for you. Pretty good time!
It was fun! About 1200 runners. It was a really run run and I hope to run it again someday.

Great pictures around CSR! It is def one of my favorite hotels. So peaceful.
CSR is beautiful! Too bad Melody doesn't really care for it. :confused3

Like others have said I cannot believe how much she has grown! You can also see the excitement in her face that she is there with her baby brother!
Yea, she was super excited! She was the Disney 'expert' showing Christopher the ropes. :lmao:

This news broke my heart. I cannot listen to the radio or watch the news. I have been so badly effected by this. One of the teachers at the school went to college with me, she was my friends RA. Thankfully she is OK, but those poor kids. My heart and my head can't handle it.
Wow... I'm glad she is OK. I'm DJing an after wedding party on Saturday and the brides nephews were in the school. Luckily they weren't hurt. It is such a horrible tragedy.

This is the first of your TRs that I have read so I had to click the link to get the back story about your DD. How scary, when my oldest DD was a day old her pediatrician came to my room and said she had a mass in her abdomen. We were lucky though, at eight days old she had surgery to remove the mass and half of her liver. They determined that she was going to be a twin and quit dividing. But that feeling.....so scary.

5:45 came quickly on Saturday morning- I didn't sleep too well. I kept thinking I would oversleep and miss the run. Even though my clothes were all laid out, it was hard trying to be quiet and not wake anyone up. For some reason I thought it was a good idea to put some of my items in a plastic bag. Do you know how loud a crinkling plastic bag is at 5:45am?? LOUD!

:rotfl2: I know what you mean. the slightest thing seems so huge when everyone is asleep!

About 7:45 they started calling people over to the starting line. They started with people who run a 6 minute mile, then 8, then 10. I walked over when they said 10. I'm not sure if people weren't listening or just wanted to be near the front, but when the race started I was dodging slow joggers and runners for at least .3 mile.
maybe they were just guessing on the hopeful side :goodvibes

The finish line...

IMAG0743.jpg

I finished the run in 29:30.. not too bad.

Good for you Tim! It looks like it was a fun but def. emotional run to be going around the places where you visited with Ana on her Wish trip.

DSC05214.jpg

A little relaxing on a hammock.

DSC05216.jpg
Looks like someone lost a mickey in the background there.

They look like they are having a blast. I remember how much Katie loved the sand when we stayed at CSR in '07

She sure has grown!

March 2009...

DSC04441.jpg

DSC04486.jpg

DSC04591.jpg

Thank you Kathy. I'll keep my eye out for it. :goodvibes

oh my gosh Tim -- its so hard to see your beautiful girl so big already and then to think about those poor kids and teachers & their families. You all have been in my thoughts and prayers so much. I cannot even imagine the stress level for CT families right now. Here in PA I can turn off the news and keep Katie's exposure to this within my limits, sharing small amounts without scaring her. but for you, its so in your face, there's just no avoiding it. Extra big hugs and kisses to your kiddos!!:grouphug:

Wow... How did I miss the start of this one? :confused3

Oh yeah, I guess because you started it the day before I left for my own trip. I'm here now! :wave2:

I about gave you a :thumbsup2 for the Beasty Boys reference on the first chapter title before I realized there was a song theme.

The checkin process went nice and smooth. I asked the CM about adding one more day on our reservation but it couldn't be done. She suggested trying on Friday and then again on Saturday. Our room wasn't ready so we took a walk over to the gift shop and then outside. We were outside for 2 minutes when I was getting a text. Our room was ready! Sweet!

We drove over to Cabanas 8B and saw we had a first floor standard room. Awesome. Just what we wanted. I forget our room number (i forgot to take a picture of it) but we were on the right hand side of the building- a mere 30 second walk to the bus stop. We plopped all our belongings down- well, it was more like I took numerous trips to the car- and started to unpack a bit. Christopher decided he would help.
I'm glad you had better luck checking in than we did. I think I would have rather been in 8B than 8A. A little farther from the dig site and a lot closer to the parking lot. :lmao::rotfl2:

We got the kids to bed and I turned in early too. I had to be up at 5 to run in the GKTW Gingerbread Run 5k in the morning!!!!
Wow, running a 5k after back to back early mornings. That's dedication and that's also why Barry doesn't stand a chance! :thumbsup2

This is the first of your TRs that I have read so I had to click the link to get the back story about your DD. How scary, when my oldest DD was a day old her pediatrician came to my room and said she had a mass in her abdomen. We were lucky though, at eight days old she had surgery to remove the mass and half of her liver. They determined that she was going to be a twin and quit dividing. But that feeling.....so scary.
:welcome:

It is a scary feeling knowing that your child is sick or needs surgery. I know any parent would gladly trade places if they could. I don't know if it is any easier when your child is small to have a major surgery. One good thing about having a surgery so early in life is that they don't remember it.

:rotfl2: I know what you mean. the slightest thing seems so huge when everyone is asleep!
[/SIZE]

maybe they were just guessing on the hopeful side :goodvibes

Good for you Tim! It looks like it was a fun but def. emotional run to be going around the places where you visited with Ana on her Wish trip.

Looks like someone lost a mickey in the background there.

They look like they are having a blast. I remember how much Katie loved the sand when we stayed at CSR in '07

I didn't notice that Mickey int he background.... I hope someone found it!

I don't know what it is about sand but kids just love it! :rotfl2:

oh my gosh Tim -- its so hard to see your beautiful girl so big already and then to think about those poor kids and teachers & their families. You all have been in my thoughts and prayers so much. I cannot even imagine the stress level for CT families right now. Here in PA I can turn off the news and keep Katie's exposure to this within my limits, sharing small amounts without scaring her. but for you, its so in your face, there's just no avoiding it. Extra big hugs and kisses to your kiddos!!:grouphug:
We have been keeping the news off. She knows a bit about what happened but doesn't know all the details (that we know). There has been a police man at her school this week and I'm not sure but there might be one there indefinitely.

Wow... How did I miss the start of this one? :confused3

Oh yeah, I guess because you started it the day before I left for my own trip. I'm here now! :wave2:
:welcome: Team Tim Member!!!!

Not sure where the other members are? :confused3

At least no Team Barry people have shown up to try to sabotage this TR. :thumbsup2

I about gave you a :thumbsup2 for the Beasty Boys reference on the first chapter title before I realized there was a song theme.
You are the first one to point that out.... ;)

I'm glad you had better luck checking in than we did. I think I would have rather been in 8B than 8A. A little farther from the dig site and a lot closer to the parking lot. :lmao::rotfl2:
Why? You don't like Justin Bieber or numerous screaming girls?

Wow, running a 5k after back to back early mornings. That's dedication and that's also why Barry doesn't stand a chance! :thumbsup2
That's right! I might not be able to walk after the run but I'm going to beat the pants off him. ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter