"This is the BEST DAY EVER"A Dec'12 TR-A Princess's 5thBday and 3000 pics! UDx2 5/20

More Rainforest Cafe

Some pics of the gift shop...
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I didn't even see these while we were there, but my mom snapped a pic of the cutest bar stools ever!!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

There are so many things to take pictures of in this restaurant!!

DD insisted that the animals were real because she saw them blinking their eyes!

ry%3D400

If you've never been here before, every so often it "rains" and the animals go crazy!!

ry%3D400

We were in the gorilla room and one wall had a big aquarium on it.

ry%3D400

My dad got the Primal Steak.
Center-cut, choice New York strip steak, aged 21 days,
char-broiled to perfection and topped with steak butter.
Served with red skinned garlic mashed potatoes and
seasonal vegetables.

ry%3D400

I got the BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger.
Our 100% beef burger topped with our Smokin Mojo
BBQ sauce, Cheddar cheese, bacon and a fried onion ring.
Served on a toasted bun with your choice of lettuce,
tomato and pickles.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

My mom had one of the specials, so I can't find a description about it. It was some kind of shrimp.

ry%3D400

I think this is DH's burger. I'm pretty sure it's mushroom, bacon, and swiss.

ry%3D400

I found these at Target for $1.00 and bought them to save money on expensive DAK animal masks lol DD had so much fun with them!

ry%3D400

Trying on hats in the gift shop.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

UP NEXT: Camp Minnie Mickey!

Loved all the updates I missed. Your pics of the castle were just breathtaking!!!

Your DD is the 2nd cutest ever :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: (my V being the first!) :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I forgot to mention the "best" part about being able to take DS inside in the stroller. The aisle ways weren't wide enough for it!!! LOL It was very stressful at the time, but it's funny thinking about it now. People were NOT happy they had to stand up and push their chair in to let us through!!

I love rainforest cafe for the atmosphere. I wish the lighting show would go on in my bedroom while I sleep :) great pictures from the safari!!

Camp Minnie-Mickey

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

This has to be the cutest area EVER!!! We didn't have much time to look around yet, because we were rushing from lunch to see the next Lion King show! My DH LOVES LOVES LOVES The Lion King, so I was really excited for him to see it. Heck, I was excited for ME to see it, too!! We turned the corner and the CM said "Last call for next showing!" OMG!! DH had to park the stroller. I'm not sure what he was doing, but it seemed to take him FOREVER!!! lol Luckily, they still let us in.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

The Tumble Monkeys are my 2nd favorite part!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Carter was SO ENTHRALLED in this show!!! He was clapping, jumping, and dancing!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

The 2 birds during "Can You Feel the Love Tonight?" is my absolute FAVORITE part!!!! It made me tear up, it is just so beautiful!!! It was really hard to get pictures of it, though. I knew if I got to come back to this show, it would be my goal to try and get great pictures!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I also love the end where everyone comes back out. They sing a medley of all the songs and everyone is dancing. It's crazy awesome!!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

And the bird flies again!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Olivia loved it, too!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

After the show, we planned on heading over toward Asia. But, we ran into some VIPs outside of the Lion King theater!!

UP NEXT: Disney VIPs!

Love your AK pictures :) I have never went to the Lion King Show. Im not a big AK or HS person. I love the safari and EE, nothing else. Im going to try to branch out on this trip... 31 days :cool1:

Love your AK pictures :) I have never went to the Lion King Show. Im not a big AK or HS person. I love the safari and EE, nothing else. Im going to try to branch out on this trip... 31 days :cool1:

The Lion King show is worth going to DAK, but I think they are closed temporarily sometime soon.

I'm still working on my DH to let me plan another trip this year!!

Subscribing! We're going in March with a 5 year old daughter and 1#year old son. Interested to know how the one year old at Disney is going to go.

Love the lion king pics, you got some great shots. I had a long reply typed but the iPad ate it twice. I give up.

Subscribing! We're going in March with a 5 year old daughter and 1#year old son. Interested to know how the one year old at Disney is going to go.

haha My TR should be of some help to you cause that's exactly my kids' ages! :) I hope you enjoy it...and WDW!

Camp Minnie-Mickey Meet & Greet Marathon!

We had plans to head straight over to It's A Bug's Life after Festival of the Lion King, but the WDW Gods had other plans for us.

In one of my first updates, I mentioned we had done some Disney movie nights. One of the movies we all loved was The Jungle Book. We all (DH included! LOL) got up and danced around to "The Bear Necessities" and just acted down right silly! lol :banana::banana: I also had that song on our Disney CD I made for the drive down to Florida.

As soon as we walked out of the Lion King show, there was Baloo and King Louie!!! "OMG!" I gasped..."Olivia is going to flip!" And flip, she did! I told DH to go stand in line with her and I would go get the stroller so we could put DS down. (He had fallen asleep toward the end of the Lion King.)

As soon as DH and DD got in line, they were told Baloo and King Louie were going to take a break, but they'd be right back. DH and DD were waiting for them to retun, when DH felt a tap on his back. He turned around and did a double take, because it was Baloo and King Louie standing behind him in line!! hahahahaha He told Olivia to turn around, and she busted out laughing! It was SO SO funny!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

They were sure to give DH some lovin', too!
ry%3D400

Next, we decided to meet all the characters on the Greeting Trails!

ry%3D400

Minnie was first! She had a beautiful Christmas dress and decorations!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Olivia couldn't believe Minnie signed her name!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

My mom liked her shoes!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Next, we met Minnie's honey...the man himself...MICKEY!!!

ry%3D400

More hugs!!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

(My dad was sitting with Carter while he napped, if you were wondering where they went! LOL)

Coming out of Mickey's Trail, we were totally surprised to see Pocohontas!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

She was such a great Pocohontas!

ry%3D400

UP NEXT: We meet more furry friends!

Hello, I'm a little late but I'm subbing now. I can't wait to hear more about your trip. It sounds like y'all had a great time. :)

More Furry Friends

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

After we met all of our new friends, we wanted to see It's A Bug's Life!

I love all the carvings in the Tree of Life.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

The movie posters inside the holding area are hilarious!

ry%3D400

Bug eyes!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We loved this show!! All the special effects are so good! lol My favorite part was the end when all the "bugs" leave the theatre. hahaha

UP NEXT: Grandma and Grandpa take the kids to DinoLand!

Grandma and Grandpa Take the Kids to Dinoland!

DH and I wanted to ride Expedition Everest, so my parents agreed to take the kids for awhile. It looks like they had fun!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

The car was broke down? lol IDK...
ry%3D400

Ridin with Grandma!
ry%3D400

(We cut DS's hair a few weeks ago, so the pictures with curls look so funny to me!)
ry%3D400

DD and Grandpa rode Triceratops Spin
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

DD and Grandma off to go somewhere
ry%3D400

Did they ride Dinosaur?! IDK!
ry%3D400

Then, after their adventures in Dinoland were over, they went back toward the front of the park to wait for us.

UP NEXT: What did we do on our adventures alone?

DH and I go on an Asian Adventure

ry%3D400

We for sure wanted to ride Expedition Everest. Anything else would have been a bonus!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Asia is such a pretty part of the park!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

It was time to face the Yeti!!!!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

The themeing is awesome at Disney! It has you questioning whether there really is a Yeti or not!

ry%3D400

It was only about a 10 minute wait in the standby line!

Here we go!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Ahh Oh no!!!! The Yeti tore up the tracks!
ry%3D400

He's gaining on us!
ry%3D400

After we survived the Yeti, we had some time to check out Kali River Rapids!

I knew they had lockers, so we stopped by a little kiosk to get some change. We bought a Coke because the lady didn't understand that we just wanted quarters. Then, she didn't give us back quarters for our change. It was quite the debacle! lol

So, we finally got our quarters and headed toward Kali and the FREE lockers! lmao Yes, all that hassle and the lockers were free for Kali riders :) Now we know! We secured all our stuff in there. Unfortunately, that means no pics of Kali :( I couldn't take a chance on my camera being ruined!!

Kali was a walk on! Yeah!!! We loved it. The themeing was just a little hokey, but I know DAK is supposed to be all about conservation and saving the planet, so that's okay :) Of course, I was the one to get soaked! lol (Stay tuned-this would be a recurring theme on this ride!)

After riding and getting our stuff out of the lockers, we headed in the opposite direction we came from. Looking at the map, it seemed like Asia fed right into Dinoland. Perfect! We called my parents to find out they were leaving Dinoland. We decided to continue on that way so we could at least see the area.

Dinoland is such a fun place! I LOVE The carnival atmosphere. The park was getting ready to close, but passing by Dinosaur, we decided to jump in line. It was only a 10 minute wait, so it wouldn't take too long!

This was one of the rides I was looking forward to!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I thought the ride was kind of lame. You wouldn't think that by our ride pic, though, LOL

ry%3D400

It wasn't scared, just surprised! LOL I didn't expect it to be RIGHT THERE! LOL

UP NEXT: Back at the Hotel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter