"This is NOT the once in a lifetime trip I was hoping for!" - (Baby Simba - 12/18)

Day 7 part 2 - The One Where We Go Under The Sea

We met up with Ron at the new Under the Sea : Journey of the Little Mermaid attraction.

1362_zps11bf6852.jpg

I love love LOVE how the area around the attraction looks and took MANY photos. Lets start with Prince Erics castle.

724_zpsc943accd.jpg

1366_zps84d1462f.jpg

Ariel is on a boat at the entrance.

1361_zpsec79c146.jpg

725_zpsa57c8b5a.jpg

1365_zps168036be.jpg

There is a pretty waterfall.

1360_zps95c65aa8.jpg

726_zpsf64cfe55.jpg

1367_zps4803ce1e.jpg

There are seashells and starfish on the ground and rock walls.

728_zps15d78156.jpg

729_zps250bb9a2.jpg

And thats just the outside portion of the queue. Then you go into a semi-enclosed section that is full of treasures, like Ariels grotto.

730_zps2e062c78.jpg

731_zps35842e98.jpg

733_zps799c7c09.jpg

We walked straight on the ride. I kinda wish we had more time in the queue to try the interactive stuff. Im not exactly sure on the details, but I know that you have to help blue crabs organize all of the human stuff. You can see a blue reflection in this next picture.

732_zps2d627de6.jpg

734_zps20bb4fe5.jpg

Scuttle is there to talk to you.

735_zps72b06816.jpg

I was on a mission to take pics of light fixtures this trip.

736_zpsb6aa574c.jpg

Finally you go inside what looks to be the basement of the castle.

737_zpsd403b9d4.jpg

738_zps1fceb0b1.jpg

It seriously is the most beautiful queue ever! There are so many details. Its right up there with Tower of Terror as my favorite queue!

Continued in Next Post

Day 7 part 2 (contd) - The One Where We Go Under The Sea

Soon it was time to board our clamshells. We wanted to be all together, but Otaku was last and the CM stopped her and sent her to her own clamshell. They clamshells turn around during the ride though so we could see her once in a while.

743_zpsc7d338df.jpg

The part where you go under water is really cool (figuratively AND literally; they blast cool air on you)

739_zps7e234aa7.jpg

740_zps56b0453e.jpg

Peanut enjoyed all the pretty colors.

741_zps746e275c.jpg

742_zps11862adb.jpg

I had the song Kiss the Girl stuck in my head several times that week.

744_zpse84311d9.jpg

745_zps2783eb91.jpg

I loved the ride! Sure its not thrilling, but not every attraction has to be. Its a classic dark ride (like Peter Pan), which is what Disney does best. This particular one is so colorful, full of details, and includes great catchy songs. Whats not to love?

I dont usually include photopass stock photos, but I like this one too much. Its gorgeous!

Photo0119FourBySix_zpsc620117b.jpg

After the ride we decided to continue our journey under the sea and go meet a mermaid. The wait time said 15 minutes, which was pretty accurate.

746_zpsc6f7c8f1.jpg

747_zps0d147cf7.jpg

I have complained about the choices of border on photopass, but I LOVE this one for Ariel! Speaking of her, she was nice and called Claudia Guppy.

Photo0128FourBySix_zps3e11d276.jpg

Up Next, Elephants fly!

I think I'm all caught up now. I had my little guy a couple of weeks ago and finally caught up on some sleep!

I think I need to convince DH to move to Canada. ;) I'm staying at home due to the cost of daycare here for an infant. I would barely bring home anything after the daycare expense and the cost of my commute to work. It's great that you found a daycare for Claudia.

The photo of the beast's castle with the fog is perfection. The little mermaid queue looks incredible. Great photos.

Hi Mel,

Great update, I loved the Little Mermaid ride and thought the queue was very pretty.

I love Claudia's face during the ride :)

You didn't offend me with your lovely comments about me not having anymore babies, by the way. I had some complications during my second pregnancy (ectopic) that mean it would be hard to conceive again naturally, but we are totally happy with the lovely boy that we do have and feel very blessed :)

I think I'm all caught up now. I had my little guy a couple of weeks ago and finally caught up on some sleep!

I think I need to convince DH to move to Canada. ;) I'm staying at home due to the cost of daycare here for an infant. I would barely bring home anything after the daycare expense and the cost of my commute to work. It's great that you found a daycare for Claudia.

The photo of the beast's castle with the fog is perfection. The little mermaid queue looks incredible. Great photos.

Congratulations! Welcome to Jonah! I'm glad that you say he is an easy baby, and that he has let you catch on some sleep already. I saw that you have started a PTR, and hoped over there. :goodvibes

Another reason to move to Canada would have been that I had 50 weeks of maternity leave. Part of that is parental leave, so I took 40 weeks to myself and gave Ron the last 10 weeks. He's been home with Claudia for the past two months, and only has one week left before going back to work. :sad1: I have seen their relationship grow a lot lately. They already had a great relationship, but they are even closer now. :cloud9: I hope your DH and DS get to have a similar bond. Expensive day care sucks, but staying home with your son will be a wonderful experience. Do find some activity for you outside the house though. It will make the time spent with your DS even sweeter.

I just realized that I have an entire update just for the Little mermaid ride queue. It's that awesome.

Hi Mel,

Great update, I loved the Little Mermaid ride and thought the queue was very pretty.

I love Claudia's face during the ride :)

You didn't offend me with your lovely comments about me not having anymore babies, by the way. I had some complications during my second pregnancy (ectopic) that mean it would be hard to conceive again naturally, but we are totally happy with the lovely boy that we do have and feel very blessed :)

Even thought it's not a thrill ride, I'm very pleased with the addition of the new Little Mermaid ride. :thumbsup2

I think the picture of Claudia's face you are referring to was taken in the queue to meet Ariel. The picture of her on the ride we can only see the side of her face. But thanks. :)

Oh good. Sometimes the subject of babies (or no babies) can be quite touchy. My friend had a scare when they thought she had an ectopic pregnancy for her second, but thankfully everything is fine. I know that had something happened, she too would have felt totally happy with her one little girl, like you.

Joining in! All of the Claudia/Peanut photos are so adorable! I'm so very sorry you were ill though- you all were so productive regardless. Looking forward to reading more about your MK day!

Joining in! All of the Claudia/Peanut photos are so adorable! I'm so very sorry you were ill though- you all were so productive regardless. Looking forward to reading more about your MK day!

:welcome: We really don't go to Disney as often as we'd like (but then who does?), so when we are there we try to make the most of it, sickness or no sickness. Gotta make sure those expensive plane tickets are worth it. :)

That picture of the castle in the fog is so neat!!

Isn't the Little Mermaid ride just perfect? I loved every detail of both the line and the ride.

I have a feeling that we will be following the same path that you took in October. DH is a huge Ariel fan so the ride and meet and greet are a must. I hope we have the same luck with early morning lines as you did.

Wonderful updates, Mel (and I know you read mine...no worries :)).

We had that "foggy castle" a couple of times in December and it was really weird.

I agree with you...the queue for Under the Sea is right up there with Tower of Terror. It is fabulous.

I LOVED the Under the Sea ride. They can't always have thrill rides because it is still a "family" park and Disney accomplished what they do best with Under the Sea.

That picture of the castle in the fog is so neat!!

Isn't the Little Mermaid ride just perfect? I loved every detail of both the line and the ride.

I have a feeling that we will be following the same path that you took in October. DH is a huge Ariel fan so the ride and meet and greet are a must. I hope we have the same luck with early morning lines as you did.

I prefer a beautiful blue sky as the backdrop for the castle, but the fog was interesting.

I agree, the Little Mermaid ride has so much going for it! :goodvibes

Usually October is not a too crowded month and you and your DH will be able to meet Ariel without too big of a wait. :thumbsup2

I can't wait until fall so I can check out the new Little Mermaid ride.. Looks sooo neat.. :)

It really is such a neat ride! I hope you love it as much as I did! :goodvibes

LOVE your pics! :)

Thanks! :goodvibes

Wonderful updates, Mel (and I know you read mine...no worries :)).

We had that "foggy castle" a couple of times in December and it was really weird.

I agree with you...the queue for Under the Sea is right up there with Tower of Terror. It is fabulous.

I LOVED the Under the Sea ride. They can't always have thrill rides because it is still a "family" park and Disney accomplished what they do best with Under the Sea.

Thanks! :goodvibes

The foggy castle was a bit disappointing, but it was probably the only negative part of that day, so you can guess how great a day this turned out to be. :)

The queue for Under The Sea is so great that I kinda really want to wait in the real line to check it out more. Not sure Ron agrees with me about the waiting part though... :rotfl:

Exactly, it can't all be about thrills. Disney is suppose to be great for everyone, and Under The Sea delivers on that.

ToT is my favorite queue in Disney!!! (my number 1 is Harry Potter, Disney will always be my ultimate favorite place but that ride and whole area in Universal is absolutely amazing!) But I love the Little Mermaid and I cannot wait to see and ride it! I think (and hope!!) Ava will love it! :cool1:

Again, Claudia's super adorable!! I love how happy Otaku looks in the photo of her pushing Claudia! :goodvibes
The fog looks neat but I'm with you, I prefer the bright blue sky! :)

I would love to go on a day with fog. I think that would be so neat to see!
I am loving your foggy beast castle pics too.

Hi! Just wanted to take a second and say I'm here. And that is possibly the cutest baby I've ever seen!!!

Hi everyone!

It was another busy week here. I went to a teachers' convention yesterday and came out of it my head full of ideas on stuff to do for next year. Every time I miss school though involves hours of preparing stuff for the substitute teacher(s). Plus it's been a gorgeous week here, so I've been trying to get home early enough to go take a walk with Ron and Peanut.

The weekend is just as busy. Tomorrow is our second wedding anniversary. I can't believe it's already been two years that we got married! We celebrated tonight by going out for dinner, then going to a salsa dance night. It was great! My brother was so nervous about babysitting because last time Peanut screamed bloody murder for one hour straight. Fortunately, she was much more cooperative this time.

Ron is going back to work on Monday, so tomorrow he gets some time "off" to go watch a movie by himself. Finally, Sunday is a big day because I'm going SKYDIVING!!! I'm so excited, but scared too! :cheer2: It's something I've always dreamed of trying, so when my friend called me last weekend to invite me, I couldn't really say no. So far it looks like the weather will be amazing.

I *may* have the time to come and post replies at some point tomorrow. Otherwise I'm not sure when that will be. Just wanted to let you all know I haven't forgotten you. Have a great weekend everyone! :goodvibes

Hi everyone!

It was another busy week here. I went to a teachers' convention yesterday and came out of it my head full of ideas on stuff to do for next year. Every time I miss school though involves hours of preparing stuff for the substitute teacher(s). Plus it's been a gorgeous week here, so I've been trying to get home early enough to go take a walk with Ron and Peanut.

The weekend is just as busy. Tomorrow is our second wedding anniversary. I can't believe it's already been two years that we got married! We celebrated tonight by going out for dinner, then going to a salsa dance night. It was great! My brother was so nervous about babysitting because last time Peanut screamed bloody murder for one hour straight. Fortunately, she was much more cooperative this time.

Ron is going back to work on Monday, so tomorrow he gets some time "off" to go watch a movie by himself. Finally, Sunday is a big day because I'm going SKYDIVING!!! I'm so excited, but scared too! :cheer2: It's something I've always dreamed of trying, so when my friend called me last weekend to invite me, I couldn't really say no. So far it looks like the weather will be amazing.

I *may* have the time to come and post replies at some point tomorrow. Otherwise I'm not sure when that will be. Just wanted to let you all know I haven't forgotten you. Have a great weekend everyone! :goodvibes

Happy anniversary. Skydiving sounds like so much fun. I hope you write a little about it.

Happy anniversary. Skydiving sounds like so much fun. I hope you write a little about it.

Thanks! For sure I'll be writing about it! I'm paying for the video (they film you) and it says that as a bonus we may get pictures as well. If I do, I'll post them here. :thumbsup2

Happy Anniversary! I'm so jealous that you're going skydiving! Enjoy it!

Happy Anniversary Ron and Mel!

I can't believe it's been two years already, we have our 2nd anniversary coming up next month too :love:

Hope you have a great weekend celebrating,

Emma princess: x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter