This is funny: Colorado Governor offers asylum to Mickey

Well, you could move Norway.

PA has a bunch of amusement parks, great ones. I know Hershey has a lovely Christmas display but I never went even though it is close and inexpensive because it's just too stinking cold. This is why it only works in Florida. I imagine Florida was chosen specifically because it is mostly warm, mostly flat & drivable to the people in the North East & South with the money to sustain the magnitude of WDW plus there are beaches for when people want to mix it up, nevermind the proximity to the cruise worthy ports. It wouldn't work anywhere else.

California fits the same bill for the West. Neither of the locations were picked on accident. It's all location, location, location, businesses live and die on their location.

I sadly agree that WDW relies on year-round warm weather, but I still love the gesture.

I sadly agree that WDW relies on year-round warm weather, but I still love the gesture.
I don't know, it's gotten almost too hot for me. I could never go to WDW in the summer, or if I did I think it would be only to visit a nice resort with a great pool, and maybe a waterpark. Even times we were there in early May it was up in the 90s and we were pretty miserable. The heat can get so oppressive it's almost hard to breathe to me. Of course, that can happen pretty much anywhere anymore, even places like PNW can get there. At least in those cases it's not usually sustained for too long though. We are fans of Busch Gardens Williamsburg for the better weather. It can still be pretty terrible in the summer, but it seems to cool off a little quicker in the fall, and is nicer for longer in the spring.

Actually, Colorado isn’t a freezing cold snowbound state. The plains have great weather (it’s a dry heat!) not a lot of rain, winter season is short!

But by the time they actually did move / rebuild, a lot of Florida’s probably gonna be underwater and 100+ year-round. And Colorado’s going to be the new prime location for comfortable temperatures year round. So it could be a good move!

I don't know. I live in Colorado and this past winter was really quite cold and snowy/icy. I think people would get very cranky if they plan their Disney Trip between Decemberish-Mayish and the (outside) rides are all shut down due to snow and ice. Usually the snow and ice melt shortly after it comes, but it sure didn't this past winter-it hung around!

Governor Jared Polis
@GovofCO

Calling @GovRonDeSantis and @Disney on a friendly wager. If the @nuggets win the finals against the
@MiamiHEATDisney World will move to Colorado, the ACTUAL happiest place on earth to do business, have fun, and be free! #ColoradoForAll

1:50 PM · May 30, 2023
·
Views

I was watching the NBA Finals game 1 and noticed an outdoor shot of Denver showing an amusement park with large roller coasters. Was rather surprised, although I suspect it’s not a year round place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter