Third Time's The Charm At The DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM Fall '19! (COMPLETE - 8/14)

After only around 3 hours of sleep
naveen yikes.gif
Oh that does not sound pleasant

Not to mention, I ended up in this room for the class:
Super cool room! Are they all decorated like that?

I headed straight to the back of Future World where I stopped by this little joint.
We will miss you, Club Cool.

Good riddance Beverly.
amen.gif

I could feel the lightning it was so close. And you mean to tell me Epcot wasn't going to cancel a show that maybe five people were gonna watch? Blew me away. They were fighting through it
Is this one of those shows where once they've got it set they lose the money if they don't show it anyway? Still weird to imagine Illuminations during a monsoon but maybe they were out the $$ either way.

Luckily, my day was pretty great and it didn't put a damper
ba dum tss.gif
hehehehe

WOW sounds like a lot going on!! Hang in there, even though I'm not understanding everything it sounds dramatic and a bit traumatic. Ending it with a storm in Epcot??? What a time you were having. :scared1:

Welcome to Ops is a very by-the-books type day and just drags.

Tea!

The other Andy, Andy of Safety In Motion, also was helpful too. ;)

BIG tea all the way from the green zone!

I don't know why but Epcot was feeling so comforting today. I genuinely didn't understand it but... I missed her.

You missed her and felt comforted by her because she is a wonderful work of ART

Not to mention the family before me were hogging the characters and the kids were being really... creepy with them. I can't remember exactly but I felt really bad for Ralph and Vanellope as well as the attendant who was trying her best to politely stop what was going on.

Um, ew? But these photos are cute!!!

I decided to ride my favorite attraction at Epcot that is WDW/Epcot exclusive: Spaceship Earth!

The TASTE here!!!

After what felt like a forever bus ride home, I warmed myself up, dried off, updated my TR journal and finally was ready to fall asleep. The day had its crazy moments as did the night and I just wanted to step away from it. However, nothing lasts forever and I was back out making magic very very soon enough.

I can LITERALLY feel what it's like to come home from Epcot and get all cozy in Vista Way... I cry.

Another amazing update!!! Can't wait to see you so soon!!!!!

View attachment 424170
Oh that does not sound pleasant

It's just my life some days.

Super cool room! Are they all decorated like that?

Disney University overall is pretty cute in terms of decor but not all of them have rooms specifically dedicated to princesses or any characters for that matter. They are just generic, but this one wasn't so it made me happy.

We will miss you, Club Cool.

The fact I won't have my Fanta Melon Frosty anymore at some point hurts me deeply.

Is this one of those shows where once they've got it set they lose the money if they don't show it anyway? Still weird to imagine Illuminations during a monsoon but maybe they were out the $$ either way.

I'm not sure. I think my brain was set to Disneyland standards where they will cancel fireworks just because it's windy or sprinkled a little. WDW will fight through it all. No clue as to why.

I didn't even realize. Wow, I'm a comedian.

WOW sounds like a lot going on!! Hang in there, even though I'm not understanding everything it sounds dramatic and a bit traumatic. Ending it with a storm in Epcot??? What a time you were having. :scared1:

It's crazy but it's been fabulous. I'm not traumatized YET lol

Sounds good! If we miss you this time, it sounds like we'll also be back in December.

I shall be here then too and from thereon out so any time you're in the area let me know. :thumbsup2

Step Into The Magic needs to come to WDW A S A P

BIG tea all the way from the green zone!

Told some new CPs on the E bus tonight to just focus on Andy's biceps during Welcome to Ops lmao

You missed her and felt comforted by her because she is a wonderful work of ART

I agree with you so much. The beauty of Epcot WITHOUT a festival.

Um, ew? But these photos are cute!!!

Guests be wildin. But thanks love!

The TASTE here!!!

One must thank the Phoenicians daily at Epcot.

I can LITERALLY feel what it's like to come home from Epcot and get all cozy in Vista Way... I cry.

Another amazing update!!! Can't wait to see you so soon!!!!!

Best feeling ever. And AAGGGGHHHH I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE YOU LOML!!!!!!

I have enjoyed hearing about your CP experiences! I had no idea you could move around to work in different parks! How do you find these available openings? How much time does it take to go and get the new costume? Thanks for sharing!

I have enjoyed hearing about your CP experiences! I had no idea you could move around to work in different parks! How do you find these available openings? How much time does it take to go and get the new costume? Thanks for sharing!

:welcome: I'm so glad you're enjoying them.

You can, but it all depends on your role. Like lifeguard or attractions, you're pretty secluded due to the nature and necessary specified training for each location. Merchandise is so universal in training for the most part it's pretty easy to move around.

So it's not really a matter of openings per se. I just traded away shifts I had for other locations. There are multitudes of Facebook groups for shift trading, especially for Merchandise. Some specified to parks or a singular location, but they exist so if I wanted to try new locations, I'd just post my schedule then wait as well as scroll through and if a place I wanted to try popped up I'd ask. I'm sure that's hard to visualize but it was pretty easy. You can also pick up, which has the same method, but isn't exactly optimal for a CP cast member like myself.

In terms of getting costumes, it varies. For the most part, I probably could've gone day of and been fine. I even did a few times, but usually I preferred getting it beforehand just in case. DAK would be the exception since costuming is in a whole other location, nowhere near the park. All the others it is right there so not hard to grab and go, which is what I tended to do when I worked on Sunset since they never really ran out of my size most days.

If you can share, it would be interesting to find out how costuming works.

Honestly, I get a lot of questions about a lot of things so maybe I'll put out a PSA for some questions about the DCP and I'll do a whole post answering them to the best of my ability and with general cast member confidentiality and courtesy in mind. Costuming is a whole beast on its own, but I'll definitely give an overview some time in the future.

If you can share, it would be interesting to find out how costuming works.

Timmy's info on this would be more personal and detailed, I'm sure, and also much cheaper! But just wanted to add, if you ever happen to be in WDW with a few hours and $70 to burn, and you want to experience it for yourself a little bit, the UnDISCOVERED Future World tour at EPCOT goes to Cast Services and goes into a bit of detail about costuming/wardrobe, and I thought it was really interesting and informative! Of course, it's also a good tour for other reasons as well.

Timmy's info on this would be more personal and detailed, I'm sure, and also much cheaper! But just wanted to add, if you ever happen to be in WDW with a few hours and $70 to burn, and you want to experience it for yourself a little bit, the UnDISCOVERED Future World tour at EPCOT goes to Cast Services and goes into a bit of detail about costuming/wardrobe, and I thought it was really interesting and informative! Of course, it's also a good tour for other reasons as well.
Thanks so much @MeghanEmily! This is something that would interest me but will need to wait a few years. When we visit WDW it’s just my 10yo DD (who still fully believes!! 💕) so our tours are limited until she’s older.

That being said we really enjoyed, ‘Caring for Giants’ last year and will be adding ‘Behind the Seeds’ next month.

I greatly appreciate your suggestion though and we will take you up on it when she is older!

OMG. I LOVE your costumes. Thank you for sharing those pics! You seriously have quite the wardrobe!

Your Galaxy's Edge photos are amazing too. I can't believe you got to ride Smuggler's Run so many times. Incredible.

I'm shocked they didn't cancel IllumiNations! I guess the show must go on.

Sorry your day was just okay, but I guess we all have days like that.

Loving those costumes...so do you just turn them back in soon after use or do you keep them until the end of the program then turn them in (in case yoi work that location again)?

I was surprised the Illuminations was going on during the storm. Sounds like a damp evening to say the least.

OMG. I LOVE your costumes. Thank you for sharing those pics! You seriously have quite the wardrobe!

Thank you! Disney provides me with truly the best.

Your Galaxy's Edge photos are amazing too. I can't believe you got to ride Smuggler's Run so many times. Incredible.

Thank you so much! It's truly been an incredible experience being a part of this opening team. I'm so excited for everyone to be able to experience our beautiful home planet.

I'm shocked they didn't cancel IllumiNations! I guess the show must go on.

They fought it to the end.

Sorry your day was just okay, but I guess we all have days like that.

When you're at the parks as regularly as I am, and most days working, you're never guaranteed a great day.

Loving those costumes...so do you just turn them back in soon after use or do you keep them until the end of the program then turn them in (in case yoi work that location again)?

I usually turn them back in after use. I don't need a packed closet and with Galaxy's Edge, the likelihood of working there again is uncertain and I still want to try out other locations

I was surprised the Illuminations was going on during the storm. Sounds like a damp evening to say the least.

It was quite damp. My shoes were not too pleased with me nor was most of my clothing.

As I asked Kaitlyn, (on her PTR) be sure to post some pictures of your meet up on Insta, I'll have my grandson show them to me.
You are making the most of the program....hope you continue living your best life!!

As I asked Kaitlyn, (on her PTR) be sure to post some pictures of your meet up on Insta, I'll have my grandson show them to me.
You are making the most of the program....hope you continue living your best life!!

Oh I definitely will. Our plan is for tomorrow so they will probably show up soon. And I definitely will. It's been fabulous so far so hopefully all that continues.

Convoluted Journeys to A Happier But Emotional Day
6/10/19: Epcot & Studios Park Hop

After a day ended with a downpour at Epcot, I decided that I would return to said park. I don't know why, but that's where I was headed. First, I went to Disney University to get a ziplock container for my lanyard so I could transfer my blue ID and housing ID into an actual cast lanyard instead of the one we were given at check-in, which I personally did not like that much. It was convenient and nice that they did that now but I wanted a more familiar, easier option.

On my way out, in a characteristically Florida fashion, the rains came and just as the bus was leaving so I decided to chill inside DU until the next bus came.

Things got trickier from there...

On my way to Epcot, I got off the bus at the TTC. From there, I went through security and got on the monorail to Epcot. At Epcot, I went from the monorail to the busses and waited for the Studios bus since I apparently decided I'd just use Epcot as a halfway point to there but that was for naught since the Studios bus just was not showing up so I hopped out and decided to go into Epcot which meant security again. I made a beeline at the entrance after to Guest Relations to go make sure I had access to the park. It was there on this day, after quite the journey and now soaked converse and tube socks, I found out...

MY MAIN GATE PASS HAD LOADED ONTO MDE!!

Which meant NO MORE HAVING TO BOTHER GR BEFORE GOING INTO THE PARK!!!

giphy.gif

I was so happy about it. Even before the physical Main Gate had arrived, they knew where my MDE was and loaded my pass right on. How convenient. But also unnerving because... they could get into my MDE.

giphy.gif

ANYWAYS, I was now in a good mood despite having soaked shoes and have had quite the journey to get anywhere. I was in such a good mood I even forgot to really take any photos of my visit to Epcot so time to visualize here how my day went inside that little place for the short time I was there.

As a note, GR did still give me a card to use to get into the park but recommended I'd use an old magic band or get a new one to get me in so I set to find a new one since I left my BB-8 one and my haunted mansion one from my previous program back home. I of course did that on purpose since BB-8 already defined Fall 2016 for me. I needed something to define Fall Advantage 2019 for me, but what? Hmmmm...

giphy.gif

I went into MouseGear thinking they'd might have a selection but alas nothing. My journey continued.

I stopped into Fountain View to get some nourishment in the form of a Trenta Strawberry Acai with Lemonade plus a Sausage, Egg and Cheddar sandwich. Starbs always hitting the spot for me. I basically swallowed it whole.

giphy.gif

There's no seating at Fountain View so I took it all inside of Sunshine Seasons where I enjoyed my meal away from the wetness of the outside.

From there, I went into World Showcase to Japan, the one pavilion I neglected to visit and checked out Mitsukoshi. It was there I fell in love with an Eevee plush and their mostly authentic fans. I'd be back soon enough for them.

giphy.gif

I left Epcot after that visit through International Gateway and walked all the way over to Studios for the grand visit of the day. It didn't feel so grand since you walk through some not-so-pleasant areas including an ant, possibly fire ant, infested underpass. There are also bugs that make loud hissing noises that make me think a snake is nearby.

giphy.gif

Studios was the destination so I got away from any possibility of an encounter with a snake real quick. Security was lovely and efficient, even asked about where I worked. A very friendly time.

After security, I went into the park and went directly into the one shop open on Hollywood Boulevard: Celebrity 5&10. (And yes, still the only shop opened over there.)

By some blessing, they had a wonderful selection available in the Darkroom store on the corner closest to the entrance. It was there, I chose my MagicBand and after a great conversation about the college program with the CM who rang me up, I had it purchased and it was mine.

To celebrate, I went to the former location of my beloved Great Movie Ride to pay my respects and get a photo commemorating the icon that was and always will be GMR as well as my new MagicBand.

CAPTAIN MARVEL AND I ARE GOING TO ANNIHILATE THE PATRIARCHY!!

giphy.gif

It just fit so well though. I was in such a Marvel mood after her movie, Endgame and since this visit, Far From Home (no, we are not talking about the Spider-Man situation with Sony on this TR nope nope NOPE).

We're just gonna really enjoy the fact I was in my home park and at the home of my first favorite attraction there. I was gonna miss her so much. I almost was in tears knowing that the last and final time I rode her was almost three years ago. *sad sigh*

After pushing through the tears, I decided to go over and see Toy Story Land! MY FIRST TIME AT TSL!!!

giphy.gif

Shockingly, I really liked it in there. It was so bright and vibrant and cute. Clearly very immersive, but different in a way from Pandora and all these other immersive lands where it's more realistic. Toy Story exists in an animated universe so it's not supposed to feel real which I found really cool. It is very hot and sunny, but I don't mind. Oh the wish to work there was real now (wink wink).

I had a fastpass for Toy Story Mania already planned but decided to go see how the wait for Slinky Dog was. It was an hour and a half I believe which I debated, but put to rest when I ran into a friend from my first program, Jordan. She works Slinky Dog and had just received FT and was more than happy to get me on whatever including Slinky. She also managed to grace me with a FP for Tower. Wow, lucky day for me. I thanked her a gazillion times as I was let into the Slinky Dog FP line.

I don't have any photos of Slinky Dog but OMG THIS RIDE IS FUN. First off, I didn't expect it to go as fast as it does. Like it's a legit launch not to mention real nice air time. Definitely a new favorite. Hopefully the wait goes down enough one day that you don't have to wait forever to ride.

Once I had done Slinky Dog and thanked Jordan again going back over the bridge, I went to my new home location Sunset Boulevard for my ToT FP and just to see the area.

As someone had previously mentioned to me, Sweet Spells was no more. The whole store was Pixar. It was very sad. It blows your mind how you could even fit a whole candy spot into that store it's so small. Ugh, rip Sweet Spells. I wish you were still here.

It was cool walking around seeing everything and deciphering where I'd be working. The cart costume definitely jumped out to me the most since I didn't realize it was anything different from the costume found in the indoor stores. Interesting.

Eventually, I got to Tower of Terror and went right into FP. I passed by a certain twitter "influencer" that I'd been following for years. Didn't say anything but he was at his attraction on this day and I don't know I made a note. You probably don't know him so I'm not naming names since it will just confuse y'all.

At this time, if you didn't know, half of Tower was down for refurbishment. The ride was running at completely half capacity. It was crazy and explained the wild wait times. They only had one shaft opened and two elevator loading areas. Whew, thank goodness Jordan got me that FP.

As for how I felt riding it since riding Mission: Breakout... I think I prefer Mission: Breakout now.

giphy.gif

Tower is still lovely and the level of theming and immersion is unparalleled but Mission: Breakout. It's a party and way more intense. Tower is more slow brewing. It's still intense on its own just not as intense with no real launches on it. I also might've just gotten a boring drop sequence.

After I got off ToT, I went back down Sunset to go see the rest of Studios. On the way down, I noticed my friend from GroupMe, Big Al. I waved but he didn't see. I called him out for it on the group chat lol

Anyways, I went from Sunset all the way to the Muppets area where the main entrance for Galaxy's Edge was (*foreshadowing*) to see how it was over there. I heard the Muppet area was in bad shape and to be quite honest... it really was. So much was missing especially at the back. They took a lot away. Lord, the clock tower looks so bare without the Kermit balloon. It was nice seeing Piggy's fountain running again but it no longer spins like it used to. Not to mention, the attraction ends its hours at 6pm long before park close. Again, sad sad state. I'm praying for it in my own Disney loving way.

Being sadder than ever again, I went back over to TSL, glaring at Frozen along the way, to go use up my TSMM FP and see the new queue and all that stuff. I won't comment too much on this because there really isn't much that has changed with TSM but the new queue was really cute on the outside. I like how they managed to differentiate it a bit more from the one in DCA. I don't remember how well I did but it was nothing spectacular I'm sure. Attractions that are also games are not my thing (unless we want to talk about Smuggler's Run... then we have a different story).

Once I got off, I went over by Aliens Swirling Saucers (the one with my favorite acronym hehe) and noticed it didn't have a very long wait so I hopped in line for that. I don't have much to say about this since it's basically the same as Mater just not nearly as fast I feel and with lighting. I still think I prefer Mater. Aliens is fun though and I have better stories from my rides on it. Glad I got to ride it.

When I got off, I noticed Jessie was out nearby with near no line so I went to go meet her.

It was a fab time meeting my favorite yodeling cowgirl. I know we talked about Buzz since his statue was nearby and we ogled at him a bit. It was fun and cute and I was glad I caught my original favorite heroine of the franchise, not to pit anyone against each other, but she was my love first just sayin'.

After Jessie, I headed out. I had another early work day tomorrow so it was best I got out of the park before close giving me enough time to get home and get a good night's rest. The bus ride home was uneventful and I got home in no time. I had a burrito for dinner then prepared some PB&J for the next day followed by writing a TR update and was off to sleep. More magic to come in the morning.

Continue Here

Last edited:
I had a fastpass for Toy Story Mania already planned but decided to go see how the wait for Slinky Dog was. It was an hour and a half I believe which I debated, but put to rest when I ran into a friend from my first program, Jordan. She works Slinky Dog and had just received FT and was more than happy to get me on whatever including Slinky. She also managed to grace me with a FP for Tower. Wow, lucky day for me. I thanked her a gazillion times as I was let into the Slinky Dog FP line.
How awesome! Tim has had friends work on Pirates and Space Mountain and he was always given FP access to those attractions. #DCPPERK

I don't have any photos of Slinky Dog but OMG THIS RIDE IS FUN. First off, I didn't expect it to go as fast as it does. Like it's a legit launch not to mention real nice air time. Definitely a new favorite.
I totally agree. Sooooo fun!

Cute pics with Jessy!!!

I was so happy about it. Even before the physical Main Gate had arrived, they knew where my MDE was and loaded my pass right on. How convenient. But also unnerving because... they could get into my MDE.

Yeah, I don't like this. Insert me and my 3 MDE accounts :upsidedow

From there, I went into World Showcase to Japan, the one pavilion I neglected to visit and checked out Mitsukoshi. It was there I fell in love with an Eevee plush and their mostly authentic fans. I'd be back soon enough for them.

giphy.gif

THE SUPERIOR POKEMON, WE STAN

To celebrate, I went to the former location of my beloved Great Movie Ride to pay my respects and get a photo commemorating the icon that was and always will be GMR as well as my new MagicBand.

The TASTE here

It was so bright and vibrant and cute. Clearly very immersive, but different in a way from Pandora and all these other immersive lands where it's more realistic. Toy Story exists in an animated universe so it's not supposed to feel real which I found really cool.

YESSSS WE LOVE TSL

I don't have any photos of Slinky Dog but OMG THIS RIDE IS FUN.

You're correct

I passed by a certain twitter "influencer" that I'd been following for years. Didn't say anything but he was at his attraction on this day and I don't know I made a note.

Okay this made me genuinely laugh

I know we talked about Buzz since his statue was nearby and we ogled at him a bit.

Tea! We love bonding

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!