Third Time's The Charm At The DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM Fall '19! (NEW - 8/9!)

dolewhipdreams

Counting days until my next Dole Whip
After only around 3 hours of sleep
naveen yikes.gif
Oh that does not sound pleasant

Not to mention, I ended up in this room for the class:
Super cool room! Are they all decorated like that?

I headed straight to the back of Future World where I stopped by this little joint.
We will miss you, Club Cool.

Good riddance Beverly.
amen.gif

I could feel the lightning it was so close. And you mean to tell me Epcot wasn't going to cancel a show that maybe five people were gonna watch? Blew me away. They were fighting through it
Is this one of those shows where once they've got it set they lose the money if they don't show it anyway? Still weird to imagine Illuminations during a monsoon but maybe they were out the $$ either way.

Luckily, my day was pretty great and it didn't put a damper
ba dum tss.gif
hehehehe

Tink2Day

DIS Veteran
WOW sounds like a lot going on!! Hang in there, even though I'm not understanding everything it sounds dramatic and a bit traumatic. Ending it with a storm in Epcot??? What a time you were having. :scared1:

• Newsies

Headlines don't sell papes.
    Welcome to Ops is a very by-the-books type day and just drags.
    Tea!

The other Andy, Andy of Safety In Motion, also was helpful too. ;)
    BIG tea all the way from the green zone!

I don't know why but Epcot was feeling so comforting today. I genuinely didn't understand it but... I missed her.
    You missed her and felt comforted by her because she is a wonderful work of ART

Not to mention the family before me were hogging the characters and the kids were being really... creepy with them. I can't remember exactly but I felt really bad for Ralph and Vanellope as well as the attendant who was trying her best to politely stop what was going on.
    Um, ew? But these photos are cute!!!

I decided to ride my favorite attraction at Epcot that is WDW/Epcot exclusive: Spaceship Earth!
    The TASTE here!!!

After what felt like a forever bus ride home, I warmed myself up, dried off, updated my TR journal and finally was ready to fall asleep. The day had its crazy moments as did the night and I just wanted to step away from it. However, nothing lasts forever and I was back out making magic very very soon enough.
    I can LITERALLY feel what it's like to come home from Epcot and get all cozy in Vista Way... I cry.

Another amazing update!!! Can't wait to see you so soon!!!!!

PlutosRHM55

Pluto's Prince (Haters back off!)
    View attachment 424170
    Oh that does not sound pleasant
    It's just my life some days.

Super cool room! Are they all decorated like that?
    Disney University overall is pretty cute in terms of decor but not all of them have rooms specifically dedicated to princesses or any characters for that matter. They are just generic, but this one wasn't so it made me happy.

We will miss you, Club Cool.
    The fact I won't have my Fanta Melon Frosty anymore at some point hurts me deeply.

Is this one of those shows where once they've got it set they lose the money if they don't show it anyway? Still weird to imagine Illuminations during a monsoon but maybe they were out the $$ either way.
    I'm not sure. I think my brain was set to Disneyland standards where they will cancel fireworks just because it's windy or sprinkled a little. WDW will fight through it all. No clue as to why.

I didn't even realize. Wow, I'm a comedian.

WOW sounds like a lot going on!! Hang in there, even though I'm not understanding everything it sounds dramatic and a bit traumatic. Ending it with a storm in Epcot??? What a time you were having. :scared1:
    It's crazy but it's been fabulous. I'm not traumatized YET lol

Sounds good! If we miss you this time, it sounds like we'll also be back in December.
    I shall be here then too and from thereon out so any time you're in the area let me know. :thumbsup2

Step Into The Magic needs to come to WDW A S A P

BIG tea all the way from the green zone!
    Told some new CPs on the E bus tonight to just focus on Andy's biceps during Welcome to Ops lmao

You missed her and felt comforted by her because she is a wonderful work of ART
    I agree with you so much. The beauty of Epcot WITHOUT a festival.

Um, ew? But these photos are cute!!!
    Guests be wildin. But thanks love!

The TASTE here!!!
    One must thank the Phoenicians daily at Epcot.

I can LITERALLY feel what it's like to come home from Epcot and get all cozy in Vista Way... I cry.

Another amazing update!!! Can't wait to see you so soon!!!!!
    Best feeling ever. And AAGGGGHHHH I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE YOU LOML!!!!!!

MickeyReeds

Mouseketeer
    I have enjoyed hearing about your CP experiences! I had no idea you could move around to work in different parks! How do you find these available openings? How much time does it take to go and get the new costume? Thanks for sharing!

PlutosRHM55

I have enjoyed hearing about your CP experiences! I had no idea you could move around to work in different parks! How do you find these available openings? How much time does it take to go and get the new costume? Thanks for sharing!
    :welcome: I'm so glad you're enjoying them.

You can, but it all depends on your role. Like lifeguard or attractions, you're pretty secluded due to the nature and necessary specified training for each location. Merchandise is so universal in training for the most part it's pretty easy to move around.

So it's not really a matter of openings per se. I just traded away shifts I had for other locations. There are multitudes of Facebook groups for shift trading, especially for Merchandise. Some specified to parks or a singular location, but they exist so if I wanted to try new locations, I'd just post my schedule then wait as well as scroll through and if a place I wanted to try popped up I'd ask. I'm sure that's hard to visualize but it was pretty easy. You can also pick up, which has the same method, but isn't exactly optimal for a CP cast member like myself.

In terms of getting costumes, it varies. For the most part, I probably could've gone day of and been fine. I even did a few times, but usually I preferred getting it beforehand just in case. DAK would be the exception since costuming is in a whole other location, nowhere near the park. All the others it is right there so not hard to grab and go, which is what I tended to do when I worked on Sunset since they never really ran out of my size most days.

• PlutosRHM55

If you can share, it would be interesting to find out how costuming works.
    Honestly, I get a lot of questions about a lot of things so maybe I'll put out a PSA for some questions about the DCP and I'll do a whole post answering them to the best of my ability and with general cast member confidentiality and courtesy in mind. Costuming is a whole beast on its own, but I'll definitely give an overview some time in the future.

MeghanEmily

DIS Veteran
    If you can share, it would be interesting to find out how costuming works.
    Timmy's info on this would be more personal and detailed, I'm sure, and also much cheaper! But just wanted to add, if you ever happen to be in WDW with a few hours and $70 to burn, and you want to experience it for yourself a little bit, the UnDISCOVERED Future World tour at EPCOT goes to Cast Services and goes into a bit of detail about costuming/wardrobe, and I thought it was really interesting and informative! Of course, it's also a good tour for other reasons as well.

scrappinginontario

DIS Veteran
    Timmy's info on this would be more personal and detailed, I'm sure, and also much cheaper! But just wanted to add, if you ever happen to be in WDW with a few hours and $70 to burn, and you want to experience it for yourself a little bit, the UnDISCOVERED Future World tour at EPCOT goes to Cast Services and goes into a bit of detail about costuming/wardrobe, and I thought it was really interesting and informative! Of course, it's also a good tour for other reasons as well.
    Thanks so much @MeghanEmily! This is something that would interest me but will need to wait a few years. When we visit WDW it’s just my 10yo DD (who still fully believes!! 💕) so our tours are limited until she’s older.

That being said we really enjoyed, ‘Caring for Giants’ last year and will be adding ‘Behind the Seeds’ next month.

I greatly appreciate your suggestion though and we will take you up on it when she is older!

• Clarf

Haunted Mansion or Bust.
    OMG. I LOVE your costumes. Thank you for sharing those pics! You seriously have quite the wardrobe!

Your Galaxy's Edge photos are amazing too. I can't believe you got to ride Smuggler's Run so many times. Incredible.

I'm shocked they didn't cancel IllumiNations! I guess the show must go on.

Sorry your day was just okay, but I guess we all have days like that.

thumper*

Disney Dreamer
    Loving those costumes...so do you just turn them back in soon after use or do you keep them until the end of the program then turn them in (in case yoi work that location again)?

I was surprised the Illuminations was going on during the storm. Sounds like a damp evening to say the least.

PlutosRHM55

OMG. I LOVE your costumes. Thank you for sharing those pics! You seriously have quite the wardrobe!
    Thank you! Disney provides me with truly the best.

Your Galaxy's Edge photos are amazing too. I can't believe you got to ride Smuggler's Run so many times. Incredible.
    Thank you so much! It's truly been an incredible experience being a part of this opening team. I'm so excited for everyone to be able to experience our beautiful home planet.

I'm shocked they didn't cancel IllumiNations! I guess the show must go on.
    They fought it to the end.

Sorry your day was just okay, but I guess we all have days like that.
    When you're at the parks as regularly as I am, and most days working, you're never guaranteed a great day.

Loving those costumes...so do you just turn them back in soon after use or do you keep them until the end of the program then turn them in (in case yoi work that location again)?
    I usually turn them back in after use. I don't need a packed closet and with Galaxy's Edge, the likelihood of working there again is uncertain and I still want to try out other locations

I was surprised the Illuminations was going on during the storm. Sounds like a damp evening to say the least.
    It was quite damp. My shoes were not too pleased with me nor was most of my clothing.

Tink2Day

DIS Veteran
    As I asked Kaitlyn, (on her PTR) be sure to post some pictures of your meet up on Insta, I'll have my grandson show them to me.
    You are making the most of the program....hope you continue living your best life!!

PlutosRHM55

As I asked Kaitlyn, (on her PTR) be sure to post some pictures of your meet up on Insta, I'll have my grandson show them to me.
    You are making the most of the program....hope you continue living your best life!!
    Oh I definitely will. Our plan is for tomorrow so they will probably show up soon. And I definitely will. It's been fabulous so far so hopefully all that continues.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Daily Updates and News