Third Time's The Charm At The DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM Fall '19! (COMPLETE - 8/14)

Joining in late to the party! I'm enjoying your report so far! Can't wait to hear what other adventures you have. And Congratulations on Batuu! How exciting!

MY BEST FRIEND IS OFF TO BATUU!!!!!!! I COULDN'T BE PROUDER!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

Joining in late, but loving your report. Congrats! Even not being a big SW fan myself, seeing how excited CM's are to work there brings a tear to my eye. I hope it's everything you want it to be and more :-)

To Pandora or To NOT Pandora?
6/8/19: Kicking It Off At DAK!

We have now arrived at one of my first official "days off". It really doesn't fit the bill since it was only Traditions and that's only four hours of training, but I'm gonna take what I can get at this.

Unfortunately, not everyone was as lucky with their day off. Will had his Welcome to Ops class today so he was not off, but he had a short training day. Carlos, Zach and I all were off. My plan had been to spend the day at Animal Kingdom, my favorite park in WDW, while they all wanted an MK day so I split off and did my own thing. I also slept in after my night at MK while they got up rather early to get there as soon as they could, but I took my time. I even did some housework like the good adult I am then IT WAS OFF TO DISNEY'S ANIMAL KINGDOM!!

I realized at this time how the bus routes had changed. Disney Housing Transportation has many bus routes, some relating to a park some not. Each of the four parks usually has its own bus or two (like Magic Kingdom), but they don't just go to the park (except Epcot), usually they stop at some hotels or the like. The DAK bus also had stops at Costuming (which was a separate building and area from the park) and at DAKL. Before, those stops usually came AFTER DAK, but now it is flipped so DAK is the last stop after the bus stops at the apartment complexes. Not to mention, the complexes is backwards too. It was very strange seeing how CMs get backstage at DAKL and then DAK costuming too. But I'm really digressing.

Eventually, I got to DAK and it was time for a first full day in a Disney park!

Well, things never work out that simply.

I walked up to the entrance as was written on that little paper they gave to us to explain how to get our complimentary admission to the parks and showed my ID. Little did I know because I was a re-hire, I had to go to the GR window to get it situated, which was already pretty busy by the time I got to DAK. Luckily (or not so luckily for them), the girl in front of me had the same issues with her blue ID and was a rehire so I talked with her to make the time go by. She went first and she was with the GR person for awhile which made me nervous but the minute I walked up, he had me fixed up right away and soon enough I was inside the best Disney park in FL.

And where did I plan on going first?

OBVIOUSLY.

I had heard about it all forever after my program so of course the minute I set foot back in DAK, I'd head directly there.

Said hi to some familiar friends at their new little show.

Then some remnants of Beastly Kingdom...

Click to watch!

Before...

PANDORA!!!

Click to watch!

As everyone said, it was WOW. Stunning. Absolutely one of the most beautiful lands I've seen Disney create in recent years. Joe Rohde gave us all exactly what we needed and more. It was love at first sight.

I didn't want to waste a minute really experiencing it so I went to go find Flight of Passage... at a 2+ hour wait... erm nope. Then Navi River Journey... at a hour long wait... erm nope. Maybe next time. So I decided to do the next best thing: A Night Blossom!

It was all over Instagram, that beautiful little sweet drink. I couldn't NOT try it. Even if I was running low on money... at least by my standards.

Photos for proof.

My consensus? I liked it. It was very refreshing and tasty. A bit on the sweet side so I'm not sure I could see myself getting it a lot much like Le Fou's Brew or Mint Juleps, but it was good. I'm also not big on Boba, even if it can be fun. I say enjoyable but maybe not ALWAYS for me.

After finishing that outside of Pongu Pongu and Windtraders and taking time to really appreciate the beauty of the land, I decided to head out and see the rest of DAK, the DAK I fell in love with a long while ago. I'd be back for more Pandora later though. I mean, FoP and Na'vi River Journey do still exist.

I may have had a FP or something, but I was on a mission and the mission was to Asia. I had to go see my beloved Everest and Disco Yeti. It had been three years and even after all that time I can confirm that Everest still slaps and requires more than one ride at a time.

Also I kinda needed this hat.

(Still haven't bought it so maybe I didn't.)

From the Everest gift shop, I continued along around the "DAK loop" and went to DinoLand. In DinoLand, I knew they were having Donald's Dino Bash where they were having some cute character meets and some rare ones too. The rare ones I'm speaking of were Scrooge and Launchpad. I have met Scrooge before back during the Christmas parties in Fall 2016. Launchpad however I had not met so I had to meet him and after realizing that they had short waits, I decided to go meet one after the other.

I don't remember too too much about these meets. I know Launchpad and I were talking about my CPs and all my journeys to get to meet him. It was pretty chill but fun. Wish the photos had been closer but y'know, that's what editing is for! Scrooge and I were particularly enamored with my ears. We even discussed how much I should potentially put them up for sale. He had some fab ideas that probably could get me a hundred sparklier ears. We love a financial saavy duck.

After meeting them, I went right on back to Discovery Island thinking that I'd now make a return to Pandora. On the way into the thick of it I passed by the dance party.

And as if on cue... look who popped up!

Click to watch!

KEVIN, the gorgeous evasive queen herself just sauntering on through. We love her for that.

I'm definitely not as hype about her as... well... EVERYBODY ELSE but it was still pretty cool to see her and the way she interacts with everyone. A really fun addition to DAK I'd say.

I still wasn't jumping at the chance to return to Pandora so I decided to stop at much maligned favorite of mine.

It was only ten minutes, I had to! And who doesn't love getting a good laugh at the expense of the audience members not expecting certain effects?

After that, I realized I hadn't gotten my commemorative "I'm Celebrating" button to kick off a new program so off I went into Island Mercantile to hunt it down. My social anxiety got the best of me and it took about two walk throughs before I finally stopped and asked a cast member, the most unexcited cast member I've ever met tbh, to give me one. I wrote out my own celebration and was back on my way.

My way where? Where could I possibly go? Did I make the loop and decide "nah" to Pandora a little longer or was I just evading the inevitable?

Well... we shall see...

Continue Here

Last edited:
It’s so exciting! Just awesome news!
Congratulations Timmy! That's awesome news!
That is amazing! Congrats!
Congrats!!!! That's such exciting news!!
Congrats!! What exciting news!!
Congratulations! How exciting to be on the opening team for GE!
:tigger: Congratulations!
This is so amazing! I can't wait to hear all (a little?) about it!!!
You're going to Batuu?! Congratulations, what an amazing opportunity!!!
Grats Timmy! Just caught up with your report and look forward to it all!

Thank you everyone! I'm so excited! Will be receiving my training schedule tonight and it still feels unreal WOW

Way to go Timmy!! I guess with all of the changes, Sunset just isn't the same. I wish you luck, I imagine it's going to be insanely busy.

Thank you! I still love Sunset immensely and it wasn't my choice to leave, but I was hoping I'd be sent to Batuu just for the opportunity but I'm sad about leaving Sunset behind. And yes, it will definitely be busy over in Batuu but I'm excited since that'll make it so fun and go by so fast.

Joining in late to the party! I'm enjoying your report so far! Can't wait to hear what other adventures you have. And Congratulations on Batuu! How exciting!

Hello! :welcome: Glad to have you along! And thank you, I'm so excited!

MY BEST FRIEND IS OFF TO BATUU!!!!!!! I COULDN'T BE PROUDER!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

I LOVE YOUUUUU MY QUEEENNNN

Joining in late, but loving your report. Congrats! Even not being a big SW fan myself, seeing how excited CM's are to work there brings a tear to my eye. I hope it's everything you want it to be and more :-)

Well, :welcome: Better late than never! And thank you! There are a few I'm going to Batuu with who have never seen a Star Wars and still got emotional over being sent. It's really quite the opportunity. I'm so happy and grateful to be a part of it.

A qt day at DAK so far! Not surprised to see you write so amicably about Pandora. Night Blossoms, a few runs on Everest, and a few perfectly ducky photo sessions! Can't wait to find out whether you made it back to Pandora or not. I have a feeling I already know the answer.

Hi Timmy!
I started reading about your report today and was so surprised when I saw the picture from your first trip.
I totally remember that trip report!!! You were so wanting to go to Disney more often and your reporting was so sweet and fresh. I am super happy to see you as a college graduate and spending loads of time at Disney!!
I'm looking forward to following along.
I might run into you, and say "hi", the week before Thanksgiving when I am there to park hop with my sister.
Have a great DCP.

Finally got started on your neswest report. Sounds like you have gotten over your depression of leaving CA. Yay.
Awesome that you made so many new friends so fast.
While we waited in line, I talked to Stephanie about Entertainment and CM stuff since we were the only two in the squad who have experience working for Disney.
Speaking of entertainment cast have you applied for anything there seems you'd be great with your theatrical experience.
In my opinion, creepier than the clown pool to be perfectly honest.
IDK I think it's a pretty close tie.
Looking forward to following you around for the next 8 months.

Thank you everyone! I'm so excited! Will be receiving my training schedule tonight and it still feels unreal WOW
You’ll have to let me know where you get placed (or can you get put into any merch location in the land?) so I can give you some info from our experiences out here! Most merch CMs seem to love their jobs-especially the ones working creature stall as they get to play with the creatures all the time! I caught some turning lanyards into leashes for their Rathtar babies (who bounce around like crazy)! It was hilarious!
A77AC9A6-5493-4252-A355-2147D135673E.jpeg

A qt day at DAK so far! Not surprised to see you write so amicably about Pandora. Night Blossoms, a few runs on Everest, and a few perfectly ducky photo sessions! Can't wait to find out whether you made it back to Pandora or not. I have a feeling I already know the answer.

You probably do lol It was a fab day overall I can tell you that much.

Hi Timmy!
I started reading about your report today and was so surprised when I saw the picture from your first trip.
I totally remember that trip report!!! You were so wanting to go to Disney more often and your reporting was so sweet and fresh. I am super happy to see you as a college graduate and spending loads of time at Disney!!
I'm looking forward to following along.
I might run into you, and say "hi", the week before Thanksgiving when I am there to park hop with my sister.
Have a great DCP.

Omg wow I do remember you reading that one from long long ago. I can't believe it's almost been a decade since my first trip. 10 years of true Disney parks love coming back around lol Thank you for all your kind words! Definitely don't be afraid to say hi if you ever see me, I promise I'm friendly I just have RBF.

Wow! You're going to Batuu! How exciting!!! Congrats!

I AM! I'm still in shock but IT'S HAPPENING. Thank you!!

Finally got started on your neswest report. Sounds like you have gotten over your depression of leaving CA. Yay.
Awesome that you made so many new friends so fast.

Yay! :welcome: I honestly have. It's been great down here so far. I still miss DLR but it's pretty chill here.

Speaking of entertainment cast have you applied for anything there seems you'd be great with your theatrical experience.

Not yet. I've never been to an audition actually. Closest one has always been 8 hours away so I'm gonna try to go when they allow us to audition for extensions into performer. Fingers crossed for that.

IDK I think it's a pretty close tie.
Looking forward to following you around for the next 8 months.

If you really look at the clown pool it's creepy, but the chairs... creepy from the get-go. My thoughts.

Looking forward to sharing them! Plenty more to come!

You’ll have to let me know where you get placed (or can you get put into any merch location in the land?) so I can give you some info from our experiences out here! Most merch CMs seem to love their jobs-especially the ones working creature stall as they get to play with the creatures all the time! I caught some turning lanyards into leashes for their Rathtar babies (who bounce around like crazy)! It was hilarious!
View attachment 419006

I definitely will! I won't get put just anywhere, I just know it won't be outdoors at a cart as they put all vending trained CMs there and I'm not vending trained so maybe I'll be at Creature Stalls, Droid Depot or Savi's Workshop. (Hoping for Droid Depot tbh)

Wowsers, congrats!! How exciting, looking forward to all your updates :goodvibes

Thank you! Will have plenty of updates on SWGE coming soon. :teeth:

Wow!!! on the M&G, ,very unique characters. No Donald? Isn't he a family fave??
I too love DAK. Didn't get to spend much time there but as I was sitting on a bench resting, somewhere in Asia I think, a man who looked like a Disney big shot approached me and asked if I'd do a survey, so I did. I got a free Mickey Bar out of the deal and a couple of follow up emails. He asked if I wanted fast passes but I was just leaving to meet someone at DHS.
I did get to carry the thingy that checked wait times on Everest too. Not a good representation because I stopped and photographed everything in the que, so my mountain climbing, hang gliding (off of Mountains around the country) older brother could see all of the cool 'memorabilia'
Boba? I tried them for the first time about a month ago....blech... threw away a $6+ drink after the first taste...yuck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter