Third Time's The Charm At The DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM Fall '19! (COMPLETE - 8/14)

It Ended With A Margarita And A Lonely Tipsy Timmy
11/9/19: Park Day/Reunion With Alex!

We made quick work of getting on over to Epcot. On the way there, Alex messaged the person she was staying with who was her former roommate that's now a cast member. She also mentioned how she was a scare actor for HHN. In my favorite scare zone, no doubt and when she pulled up a picture I recognized her immediately. She actually was there in the scare zone during the last moments of Vanity Ball. We would definitely have mad tea to spill with her once we got to Epcot.

She actually worked at MK I believe, but we kept on missing her so it was whatevs to meet up in Epcot. We adore Epcot much more anyways lol

I feel like we might've done a ride or something before anything but as far as I can tell, we just went straight on over to The Epcot Experience, which was something Alex hadn't done so we had to go do that. This might've been my first time too!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

I was freaking out over everything with this. So much I was excited for to come to Epcot as was Alex and it was shown in such a cute way. I especially loved the fact that they used some visuals from Mission: Breakout to introduce the new Guardians of the Galaxy attraction. Incredible. I think HarmoniUS and the Mary Poppins attraction are what got me the most. I don't know, the next phase of Epcot is gonna be incredible, even if it means Spaceship Earth is gonna be gone for a long long while I'm still hype. I know Alex was too, but not as much as me. Epcot was my baby now so I lived for her so so much.

LOOK AT HOW PRETTY SHE'S GONNA BE!!

I might've bought one of the new Epcot logo t-shirts after this and talked a bit with the guy who was there. Again, no confirmation but I do have the new Epcot logo shirt and I love wearing it as much as possible. It's so cute!

After this, I believe we met up with Alex's friend/former roommate. I wish I could remember what her name was, but she was an interesting individual. Alex thought we'd hit it off, but it was an odd energy to add to us. We had fun. She was just... I don't know. It was a weird vibe, but we were ready to get our F&W on so we stopped at Shimmering Sips, my favorite booth to kick things off.

Click to watch!

I believe Alex and I either shared or got a similar dish while her friend got the Banana Almond soft-serve Sundae which we all had a taste of and was pretty good.

Technically what I got was the Mimosa flight which consisted of the Tropical Mimosa, the Key Lime Mimosa and the Blood Orange Mimosa. I'd already had the Key Lime Mimosa before and withstanding, it was the best one. The worst if I recall was the Tropical. They were all mimosas so I couldn't complain too too much. On top of that, I got the Cheesecake Trio, which was "Raspberry, Chocolate and New York-style Cheesecake Bites". They were lovely and paired well with the mimosas. Shimmering Sips, truly never disappointing. Really hoping they'll be returning for this coming year's F&W.

After eating most of that since I couldn't really carry it with me, we decided to just wander. We luckily timed it all perfectly and got to the American Adventure pavilion as Voices were starting their performance!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

I don't remember how we got closer, but apparently we did. Also, that one male soloist was CUTE. Anyways, always lovely to listen to them. From there, I believe we might've walked to Mexico where we did the Gran Fiesta Tour then after, it was time for Alex and her friend to head out. They had a night planned at Splitsville so they had to get to that. I bid them farewell as they headed out, hoping I'd be seeing Alex again in the near future, and I went to go enjoy a marg from Mexico. The mimosas didn't really do the trick so that felt like a good choice.

I wish I could tell you exactly which one I got but WOO it was strong. It definitely hit me the way that I had hoped those mimosas got me. Unfortunately I was alone so it just made me a depressed little drunkard. I then decided I needed food with that so I stopped by the Islands of the Caribbean booth and got this little number.

Ropa Vieja Empanada with Tomato Aïoli

I don't remember much about this dish. I think it was decent, but didn't have much flavor outside of the aïoli, which is fine. Love me some aïoli. It also helped me deal with the effects of the marg. At this point, I was feeling really tired so I decided to head out.

Not before getting a quick ride on Test Track, whose wait had dropped a lot and single rider was looking pretty nice.

After that, I went home. Not much to write about there. It was a pretty good day despite not doing too too much. Alex and I had both spent enough time in these parks so it was just nice to be in our favorite place doing some things we enjoy then just relax. As much as you do always want to live that theme park life to the fullest, sometimes just being there and getting to relax is all you need. That was how our day was. Also, being in the park with good friends who are just as chill as you are is a welcome energy. Don't worry, it won't be the last time I'll have a day like this. I was back to work tomorrow, but stay tuned! The holidays had only just started, we're hitting a new era of Disney parks touring for this program. Lots more fun to come!

Continue Here

Last edited:
A Wine Night A Week… There IS A Saying Here, I’m Sure
11/10 – 11/12/19: Pre-MVMCP Work Days

November 10th, 11th & 12th

We've entered another little work week here. As far as I know, it was a rather cheery work week. Not a lot going on except I might've slipped into the park one day to get my MICKEY'S VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS PARTY TICKET!!!

'Twas the season and I was ready to go! Although I've said it is the lesser of the two holiday parties offered by Disney, I still love it and I was super excited for what I had planned to wear for that party. The day I was going was the 14th since I really didn't want to go during the Christmas parade filming since all that junk would be blocking my view of M3C, another castle show that I would DIE for. Controversial opinion maybe but that show is LIFE and we are not convincing me otherwise.

On the 10th, I also hosted a wine night at my place. I believe Aspen, Dina, Will and Carlos were all in attendance. It was a pretty fun night and I think Dina did some Tarot readings for us. She'd done one for me personally, which was a very affirming experience for me. I've had a few readings done since and they continue to be very centering. I'm actually working on learning how to read Tarot myself so this was definitely a very affecting experience.

We also drank a lot of wine on these nights so that added to the memories or in some cases, lack thereof. It was, in the words of Rodgers & Hammerstein's Cinderella, "a lovely night, a finer night than you have ever seen."

Another thing that happened this week was something we all had been waiting for on November 12th of last year and that was the launch of this...

Yup, Disney+ had indeed arrived! I had pre-bought it and still have it amongst my many streaming services that I used. This is one of three I pay for myself and like many I loved it. Of course, it's initial launch was when that was all I did! Of course, I immediately got hooked on The Mandalorian and The Imagineering Story! Unfortunately with The Imagineering Story I didn't finish it because I was told the last episode had spoilers on Rise at the time so I wanted to avoid that before I rode it and I did! Unfortunately that all happened after the first part of my program and after I was sent home. High School Musical: The Musical: The Series was another I rather enjoyed, Forky Asks A Question, the Jeff Goldblum series, etc. etc. I was overflowing with it. I also used it to rewatch all the Star Wars films in time for when Rise of Skywalker premiered. Again, I love it so much and I'm looking forward to what else is coming, especially all the Marvel TV shows. I know WandaVision and Loki are going to be my next obsessions.

After these days of working, I was once again off and I spent the day somewhere I haven't in awhile, but is honestly an underrated location on property especially around Christmastime. Any guesses where that might be?

Continue Here

Last edited:
A Christmas Tree Trail And Studios Decor Stan Since 2016
11/13/19: Day Of Night Of Stars

Today was a pretty big day in the DCP community! Today was the day of the well-known Night of Stars aka the DCP Talent Show. I had heard about it on my prior program in FL but never ended up going. I wasn't particularly interested. However I had many friends mention going so I thought might as well this time. As far as I knew, it was pretty up-in-the-air who was gonna join me. Dina said she would, but wasn't sure she'd make it while Emily said she was gonna try too so who knows?

However, I had a whole day before Night of Stars since it's... well... AT NIGHT as the name says. I realized I hadn't gone to see Studios with all the holiday decorations now up so I decided to go there first.

Click to watch!

I know everyone has their own personal opinion on which park has the best holiday decorations and in my opinion, I think Studios wins in my book. As much as I love DAK's tree the most and their new menagerie offering (which I'll get into at a later date), Studios just covers their park head-to-toe so well. The other parks might be more iconic in some of their offerings, but as far as just walking in and that Christmas feeling, Studios does it amazingly well while keeping it within theme of the park, which is at this point very loose so the crazy mix of decor fits well.

With that in mind, I decided to just go around and take photos of all the cute decor around the park.

Click to watch!

It was at this point that a small woman ran up to me excitedly and asked, "Excuse me, are you, Timmy?"

Of course, when someone runs up to you with that much enthusiasm, you can't lie to them and you tell them you are said person. I mean, I am said person, but the thought of lying sometimes crosses your mind, either for confidentiality or for kicks. I'll leave it up to you why the thought crossed my mind.

Anyways, this woman told me she was a huge fan of my social media. She just showered me with compliments and for one of the few times in my life, I felt like a celebrity. It was the sweetest thing. She also mentioned her son who she said I reminded her of, she noted in particular my Ariel spirit jersey that I was wearing on this day. I seem to get that a lot and I guess that might explain why Moms tends to be my main demographic for everything I post. It wasn't intentional but here we are and no, this is not a complaint. I like the positive attention. :D

Before I make this too much about me as I tend to in my naturalized self-absorbed state, this woman eventually did ask for a picture and then went on her way. I definitely made this out to be a less jarring experience, but it was kinda jarring. I'm not used to getting stopped like that and just ogled over, especially because this woman literally was acting like she had just met Walt Disney, recently risen from the grave. It was a nice self-confidence boost but I wish I could've come off nicer since apparently I acted like I was in a rush, which I wasn't, but you know it was lovely meeting this person. I don't know if they read my TRs but you definitely left a really positive impression on me and I hope you enjoyed the rest of your visit!

After that, I sat down for a moment to collect myself and look over my photos to find which ones I wanted to put on Instagram and then headed out of Studios to catch a bus to Springs. It wasn't too much of a wait for what I can remember and I got on a fairly cute bus.

Click to BOOMERANG!

Despite my Frozen misgivings at this point, I still love Olaf. I can't explain it since many like to tell me off for liking the "least like-able" character but y'all are incorrect and I'm not here to converse about this. Sorry.

On the way to Springs, I ended up messaging Zach (@AMusicLife4Me) who was heading there at the same time so we decided to meet up for a bit.

I mentioned the night prior that I was really looking forward to going to a certain place on property and I just want to let y'all know that it wasn't Studios, but Springs I was looking forward to the most. Springs is just a place I love to go to to escape the insanity of the parks, especially during the holidays. Not to say Springs isn't crazy busy during the holidays as well, but it doesn't have a rush around atmosphere. It's very leisurely and during the holidays, it has such lovely holiday decor and music playing. I love it so much. Reminds me of holidays back home the most, especially when it comes to the shopping experience, as stressful as that may be, it is familiar.

Of course, my favorite aspect of Springs has nothing to do with shopping, but we'll get to that soon enough.

First, when I arrived in Springs, I first had to check out the World of Disney to see how holiday'd up they looked.

Click to watch!

I prefer Halloween, but the Christmas is cute no doubt about that.

I then went over to by Earl of Sandwich to wait up for Zach.

Zach caught up with me about here and we went right on into the Christmas Tree Trail!

This has been my favorite thing about the holidays in Springs and one of my favorite regular holiday offerings at the resort since its inception in 2016. Funny thing, back then, EVERYONE HATED IT! It was almost always empty back there. Everyone I talked to thought it was tacky. But I loved it and I've loved it since as everyone eventually jumped on the train. I had to roll my eyes though since they started liking it with the offering of a M&G and places to get food. I was always there for the trees and just that lovely atmosphere. Since day one, I'm a stan and nobody can take that from me.

It had been three years now since I last experienced it so I was excited to see the changes, updated trees, all that stuff and the love it got now. I mostly took pictures of my favorite trees so enjoy my faves in the day time.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to BOOMERANG!

It was super fun walking the trail. I love the new layout and I'm so glad to see more under-appreciated films being represented as well as newer concepts like trees based off specific characters or broader ideas. My favorite however was that stunningly eerie Haunted Mansion tree. It was just perfection and a huge improvement over what I remember them having for a Haunted Mansion tree back in 2016. All the others felt too similar or I preferred what they had in 2016. I don't know, but that Haunted Mansion one loved it.

Zach also had to stop to get the Christmas tree popcorn bucket for him and a friend. That's too much for one person to carry so I held one of them for him and he generously let me go at it with the popcorn so that added to the fun for me. Thanks Zach!

Also, the extra offerings they had throughout the maze of trees added well and weren't as much of a nuisance as I expected.

What was a nuisance were the crowds. It was just PACKED. Triple what I experienced back in 2016. In terms of keeping this tradition around, that's a good thing but I miss basically having the trail to myself. Now, that's nearly impossible, which made me sad since it was such an escape before. Today, in the year of our lord 2019, it was a bottleneck.

Zach and I wandered for a bit talking about what trees we liked and such until we finally left. I believe that they had buttons for Disney+ being given out today, the day after its release. I ended up picking up more than one I think, one for me and then for whoever wanted one. Still have it. Pretty cool how they did that.

Once we got out of the trail, Zach already had other plans so we split off. I was hungry anyways so it gave me the opportunity for a solo meal. Of course, I went back on over to Earl of Sandwich where I got myself a holiday turkey in the spirit of the season.

My mouth is watering just looking at it AND I JUST HAD BREAKFAST!! Ugh, my stomach is forever indebted to the Earl. It really is.

I ate away at that and then sat around updating my socials and such. Emily finally texted me that she had arrived in Springs so I waited for her in Earl of Sandwich. Once she got over, it was about time for the House of Blues to have opened for us CPs to go enter for Night of Stars. I texted Dina to see where she was at and she told me she probably wasn't gonna make it, which was essentially the go ahead for Emily and I to head over to House of Blues.

We'll see you over there!

Continue Here

Last edited:
Whoever Hired This Tired Dynasty Knock-Off Deserves To Be Fired
11/13/19: Day Of Night Of Stars

When we arrived at House of Blues, we hit quite the predicament. The set up of House of Blues is weird and confusing. We weren't sure where the entrance was so Emily and I being socially awkward individuals just kinda hung around until finally we got the courage to ask if this one weird entrance behind a hedge was the entrance for the CP event. Luckily, it was so we went right on through. How covert to have an event like this be hidden behind a hedge maze. And I'm not even joking about that.

We had to weave in through those hedges for a bag check and getting the program for the evening as well as probably some other things. The best part was getting our photos to commemorate the occasion. I can never pass up a good photo shoot. Also, Emily and I lowkey look like we coordinated, which we didn't, but it was cute that we looked like we did.

This was both our first times in the House of Blues and honestly it's a pretty cool venue. I've heard rumors they might be pulling out of Springs since Disney has a lot of rules on what performers are allowed there, which is unfortunate. Hey, that's what CityWalk and Downtown Orlando are there for. We were pretty bummed that they weren't selling any alcohol for those of us age. It definitely would've made this whole thing more fun, but at least there was water. Some refreshment.

A selfie for good measure with the geotag they had set up.

The place was already mostly full so we ended up with some not-so-great seats under the balcony, audience left/stage right. We still had a bit of time before things started so we spent the time looking over what was in the program. It was an interesting bunch. I couldn't wait to put on my Michelle Visage and judge it all. There was a solid list of performers as well as a bunch of categories for them to win in. Those categories were: Vocal, Instrumental, Dance, Specialty, Best Overall, Audience Favorite And Performer's Choice. For Audience Favorite, they had us text in by the end of the show. The others were chosen by the judges or performers. I'll let you know who I chose when we get there.

The night was hosted both by a WDW manager, Marilyn - who is one of the WDW ambassadors, and one of House of Blues hosts. An interesting bunch. They came on with some of the housing interns and other housing CMs to talk about DCP things we might not know about. Essentially, it was part talent show and part night to advertise what offerings housing had, as if we all had enough time in our schedules to make it to those things. But whatever, let's get to the night.

I only took videos of the performances I enjoyed. I'll fill you in on what you missed.

First, we had a performance of "Poor Unfortunate Souls", that was nothing short of fierce.

Click to watch!

That was soon followed by an acoustic performance of "Ma Belle Evangeline." One of my favorite songs from my favorite Disney movie and sung beautifully by this crooner.

Click to watch!

We also got treated to some culture with a traditional Mexican dance, which was a huge crowd pleaser.

Click to watch!

We got a neat hip hop/step dance performance to the "Men In Black" theme song. This was the definition of fire, albeit a short performance.

Click to watch!

There was a rather impressive violin performance. Like REALLY impressive.

Click to watch!

A haunting, understated vocal performance of "Creep." This was what ended up winning Audience Favorite, I believe. He killed it.

Click to watch!

A well themed illusionist performance. It didn't feel like a fully realized performance, but it was cool.

Click to watch!

Then, my favorite performance and who I ended up voting for, but the most impressive and heart-wrenching vocal performance with "Your Daddy's Son" from Ragtime. Stunning. I still get chills listening to it back. She bodied this whole performance and should be on Broadway. I believe she ended up winning for Vocal, I'm pretty sure.

Click to watch!

Nothing beats a quality tap performance. Besides vocals to end all vocals (see above).

Click to watch!

And lastly, what I believe won the big prize, which wasn't surprising, but I found shocking. It was a performance of "Phantom of the Opera" from the Phantom of the Opera. The girl definitely came in with some crazy vocals, but the guy, who I actually knew, paled in comparison. It wasn't an evenly paired performance, even if Christine Daae is the more difficult vocal role, I know he couldn't handle Music of the Night. No way. And I should know, I had that in a cabaret of mine and the actor I chose to sing it was much stronger vocally than this child.

Click to watch!

Overall, there were pretty good performances, although most came at the end, but some were duds. There was a baton twirler, a cute group dance with some international CPs, a speed painter, a River dancer (who I still question if that was what she was actually doing) and some other less-than-stellar vocalists. Overall, it was fun to watch, but disappointing in a way. Unfortunately my favorite didn't win but we saw some deserved wins. I can't remember who won what but I believe "Ma Belle Evangeline" got some recognition for instrumental which was just the sweetest win. Also, the group of CPs up there looked they were having the time of their lives up there, which is always great to see.

Click to watch!

The biggest downer of the evening were the hosts. Marilyn without her fellow ambassador, Stephen, was just too wooden. She came off really stand-offish. The manager who hosted did a decent job, but he wasn't out nearly enough. The worst however was this woman.

Click to watch!

She just felt so out-of-place and made the weirdest commentary. At first when she walked out, I thought she was a drag queen which had me excited, but quickly it became apparent that was not the case. Frankly, I think a drag queen would've been more appropriate than an aged beauty queen with a dated wig and gown. If they did that, it would've been irreverent, with her it was just sad and it didn't feel right. I heard she was brought on from House of Blues, which I guess goes to show how different that audience is and how censored Disney really makes HoB. Next time, I expect Ginger Minj to host the event. Please and thank you.

Emily and I left as soon as things wrapped up and talked the whole way out on how it wasn't something we really wanted to take time out to do. We're glad we did it to check off the bucket list as CPs, but... on our extensions?

Nah, we'll skip.

It was still rather early in the evening so we decided to do some wandering.

Click to watch!

Springs at night is my favorite and they just get the best performers. Ugh, she's so underrated.

I might've grabbed some Starbs and just neglected to take a photo which is weird of me to do. We ended up wandering all the way back on over to the Christmas Tree Trail.

Click to watch!

If you couldn't tell, I about got run over by a scooter after this video. I will say it again, BAN THOSE THINGS! Hazards, truly.

We weren't in there for too long. I did however get a picture with the Little Mermaid tree since I was wearing my Ariel spirit jersey and it just matched up nicely.

After going through the trail once, we headed out. I believe Emily might've come over for some drinks and Dina joined us again. It was a chill night in. I told Will and Carlos all about the Night of Stars since they couldn't make it. A few of their friends were in it so I had to give the low down. Nobody stayed for long and soon we were all off to sleep.

Tomorrow was my first (and only) Mickey's Very Merry so I had to be rested up for that!

Continue Here

Last edited:

Aw, I'm going to miss your HHN posts! Glad you were able to experience it to the fullest. That would be amazing to be a part of it, then you could be fully immersed!
At first when she walked out, I thought she was a drag queen which had me excited, but quickly it became apparent that was not the case.
Bwahahahaha, this had me rolling 😂😂😂

Aw, I'm going to miss your HHN posts! Glad you were able to experience it to the fullest. That would be amazing to be a part of it, then you could be fully immersed!

Me too. I miss her often so that was therapeutic to relive it all and now have it permanently written down, even more engraved in my memories :goodvibes And yeah, let's hope auditions extend to the general public!

Bwahahahaha, this had me rolling 😂😂😂

The disappointment I felt. Truly disappointed lol

'Twas A Very Merry Party Pre-Game
11/14/19: Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party!

The day had arrived! After months and months of Halloween festivities, we had now officially arrived at Christmas. Obviously, there were hints of the holiday spirit but today was IT. My first MVMCP of the year and what turned out to be my only one! Again, I'm not as big a fan of them as I am of MNSSHP, but I still make a point to go. Sadly, I was by myself too for this one, but it was happening! DCP must-do CH-UH-ECK.

Before we get to that, let's look at the cute little Disney+ button I got the day before. What a way to commemorate a streaming service!

I got up early enough to start getting ready. Carlos and Will were still around while I did so I talked with them as I prepped for my evening. Both were cast in Mickey's Once Upon A Christmastime Parade so I had to make a point to see it. They told me to keep an eye out for Comet the Reindeer and Peppamint the Gingerbread Man (two swirls above his gum drop eyes). I said I sure would. They bounced a bit before I did.

I was also getting super ambitious with my make-up for this evening. I'd had a really daring idea for tonight and I also was trying out doing wings with eyeliner for the first time so it all took some doing. Eventually I got it to my liking. The winged eyeliner still wasn't perfect since my eyes are different shapes, but they looked pretty solid. I was happy.

And yes, that lipstick was difficult. I was constantly reapplying to make it stay. I remember friends asked me about it after how I managed and I told them it was an effort, but as they say, pain is beauty. When the pain is just having to constantly check on your lips then make bathroom runs to reapply before meeting characters... I'll take it.

I didn't want to waste any time so off to Magic Kingdom I went and was there in no time.

I got there basically right at party time so I scanned in immediately with those pepperminty cast members, got my wristband and was on my way. Had to check the countdown for Santa's flight.

Only 41 sleeps left! Too bad I've been on the naughty list since I graduated high school lmao

I had time before the party really began and I might've had FPs so I went off to Tomorrowland to see how the wait was for Space. While there I spotted some water art.

Unfortunately, Space's wait still wasn't great so I continued on and ended up hitching a ride on the mine carts with the Seven Dwarfs. I mean, why not?

Click to BOOMERANG!

Click to BOOMERANG!

As has been said many times before, it may not be the craziest coaster of its kind but it's cute and fun. I can never go wrong with a ride, even if it is a tight squeeze of an attraction.

I got a message from Reilly while I was on the ride that she was working at the Emporium tonight and to come visit so I headed on back towards Main Street to say hello.

Click to watch!

I slipped on through the Emporium and luckily found her no problem. We ended up talking for a bit. We never talked to each other all that much at HHN since she was essentially performing nor at work since she was not Savi's proficient. This was the first time we really got to know each other. Now, we talk to each other pretty regularly and have gotten very close. I mean, after distracting her from work as long as I did, it would make sense. I did find out unfortunately she would be leaving soon since she had to go back to school, but I was glad at least to know in advanced and see her even if it wasn't back on planet. I did end up seeing her on planet again before she left, but it was good to know we caught up before then.

After our long chat, I let her go get back to work and I headed back around to the little side party entrance to get some photos.

I got in line first for the one by the Nutcracker which had a nice little prop that noted the year of the party, it definitely felt very appropriate to get a photo with that.

I then also got one with the Christmas ornament they had out. The lines were fairly long so I kinda rushed through these photos, which resulted in a not-so-great photo of me with the ornament. I said "Oh well" and continued on. I then went to Fantasyland to go get some pixie dusting.

I then decided those photos were bugging me too much so I headed back to Main Street to wrap around and go through the special MVMCP area again.

Unfortunately when I got there, things had gotten even more out-of-sorts than my photos before.

Poor guy.

Even worse, the Photopass who took my photos before WAS STILL THERE. That was awkward. I tried to laugh it all off, but he barely seemed to notice and we ended up getting a really cute photo this time.

And when I came back out again, I caught MiSi making its way around!

Click to watch!

Poor Goofy lost his hat. It really wasn't the brightest of days in the kingdom. There was rumored rain tonight too. I had my fingers crossed it wouldn't since that would mean either no parade or a very slimmed down parade. I'd be very sad and kinda disappointed not getting the full length thing. Granted all I cared about was seeing my roommates with their Christmas friends so as long as it ran I was fine.

Now, there was a change of things with this party that they had this weird gap between the time they closed the park to day guests and when the park started the event unlike MNSSHP where they closed the park and the party began immediately. I'm not sure why that was the case, maybe some extra set up? I'm not sure but I had extra time to go do things so I used my time as wisely as I could.

First, I went back to Tomorrowland to get my John Progress fix!

Click to BOOMERANG!

CoP can do me no wrong. It's such a nice relaxing attraction. I know many use it for snoozing but I just can't get enough of it. Also, the realization and confirmation that it was based off Our Town, a show I don't care much for but I appreciate in its significance to theatrical history, just added to my enjoyment. Also, "There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" is just the most optimistic song out there. Only the Sherman Brothers.

I took a moment after to just breathe in Tomorrowland a bit. *happy sigh* I miss my first home!

Click to watch!

From there, I hopped on over to Fantasyland where I took a quick spin around the Mad Tea Party.

After that, I was feeling like I needed a pick-me-up. That holiday exhaustion comes when you least expect it so I went to Main Street to get some Starbs. I wish I could remember what I got, but I know it was perfectly festive and perfectly perfect for giving me the energy I would need on this night.

Also, isn't it funny that my lipstick came out just red? Interesting. Of course, this led to one of many major reapplications.

It was still not exactly party time so I went to Liberty Square to pay a visit to Master Gracey.

Click to watch!

Some playful spooks then popped by right in the middle of my tour. Luckily, the manor's servants to care of that quickly.

Click to watch!

By the time I got off, it was officially party time! You could feel that enchanting Christmas magic in there and with caffeine in my system, I was ready to enjoy it to the fullest! Stick around for the VERYest MERRIEST evening.

Continue Here

Last edited:

I really love your report! I am a huge scaredy cat. I couldn't even handle Zoo Boo at the Lowry Park Zoo when I lived in Tampa (which is a fairly tame event). But I've heard from you and others who LOVE HHN, some of whom were also afraid to go. Every year I tell myself I'll go, and every year I chicken out. Maybe when things get back to normal (I'm assuming/hoping next year) I'll make a point to check it out.

I really love your report! I am a huge scaredy cat. I couldn't even handle Zoo Boo at the Lowry Park Zoo when I lived in Tampa (which is a fairly tame event). But I've heard from you and others who LOVE HHN, some of whom were also afraid to go. Every year I tell myself I'll go, and every year I chicken out. Maybe when things get back to normal (I'm assuming/hoping next year) I'll make a point to check it out.

Thank you! And :welcome: Oooo I don't think I've heard of that one. But yeah, HHN is not nearly as bad as most make it out to be. You could definitely do it. It definitely takes some pushing, but eventually you get used to and find the fun in being scared. You just have to bite that bullet sometimes.

Very cute purple wall photos ♡

Thank you! :)

Snowball Fights, Cookies, Princes, And Texting! Yup, It Feels Like Christmas

First, I immediately went over to Fairytale Hall getting immediately in line for Tiana & Naveen and Rapunzel & Flynn. They hadn't opened their M&G yet so I had a bit of waiting, but I was right in the main portrait hallway area so I was gonna be one of the first few to meet them. Once things opened, the line moved rather quick and soon enough I was saying hello to my favorites.

Honestly, the most exciting thing about meeting this group was all the winter wear. I had never met Flynn, Naveen or Tiana in their winter wear. EVER. Tiana's is one of my favorite so I was gagged she had it on. Also, about time they fit them to the season. We had the sweetest little conversations. I don't remember what happened with Flynn and Rapunzel, but I know Tiana, Naveen and I have plans for a nice musical performance. Ugh, I just love my froggy babies so so much.

When I got out of there, I was feeling supremely magical. I however was hungry so I decided to do some cookie hunting. Cassidy, the one who works at Cosmic's, had told me she'd be working tonight so I should stop by and see her. Cosmic's was always hopping during the holidays (I should know, I spent NYE taking care of that restroom) so it seemed like the perfect place to start off some cookie-ventures for the evening.

Lucky for me, it was a party and I came across Cassidy as soon as I entered the place.

Click to watch!

I'll forever be sad that even across two programs, I never got to wear either the Christmas outfit or the Halloween outfit. They are so unbelievably cute.

Anyways, I decided to really indulge. In prior years, they usually only offered hot cocoa with the cookies or just nothing at all so I wanted to try the cider.

Boy was THAT a mistake.

I'm from New England and have grown up drinking fresh, natural and hand pressed Apple Cider so I had high expectations. Also, I usually infer that the cider is gonna be hot around the holidays since cold cider just ain't the tea. You have to go hot. Unfortunately, this was cold and so unbelievably processed. You could taste all the chemicals, not to mention, the cinnamon just collected at the bottom so that last gulp was just a trail of cinnamon shavings. I threw it away after one sip. Disgusting. I'd end up sticking to the cocoa for the rest of the night. The cookies were not bad. I know people were mad when they became pre-packaged but I thought the packaging was cute and way safer then just handing them out with only a napkin. Also, in hindsight, it's something that will definitely be a good thing for future parties.

After my time there, I headed on over through Fantasyland to check out all the spots that had the cookies and offerings I'd enjoy the most. They had this new offering of the soft pretzel snowman over in Storybook Circus as well as the new dance party over there so I seeked those out. The soft pretzels weren't anything special, but free soft pretzels are always a game changer. I also came across what ended up being a rather short wait for sweet little Santa Goofy. My favorite Goofy. I couldn't pass up meeting him.

I believe they had to rearrange the line for him a few times, but I waited and we ended up having so much fun.

We even had a snowball fight.

If you couldn't tell, I won. However, it was all in good fun.

Nothing warms my heart like a visit with this jolly Goof. NOTHING.

By the time I had told MY Santa what I wanted for Christmas and left, it was about time for M3C so I raced over to the castle to go catch that. I might've grabbed another pretzel and cocoa on the way out, but I was bent on making sure I made it for another favorite stage show of mine.

Also, I get another glimpse of the beauty that is the Castle with the Dreamlights on.

Stunning.

I had to wait a bit for the show to start since I did rush over so quickly. Feelings on this show are so mixed because everyone thinks the integration of texting into the show is weird. Frankly, I think it's brilliant. Nothing wrong with bringing classic Disney stage shows into the 21st century. Also, the song is a bop and has probably the coolest choreographed sequence and use of a prop. It's a party and then on top of it you get so many cool rare characters being featured like Miss Clara Belle Cow, the Three Caballeros, etc. etc. It's such a fun time, you can't not hate it.

Anyways, it was starting!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to BOOMERANG!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Unlike Hocus Pocus, which had aged kinda poorly, this was doing just fine. Granted, it was newer than HoPo, but it still felt in its prime. Even the choreography seemed to be kicked up a notch. The only negative I had was the female vocalist. I saw this show across three parties and consistently those female vocalists knocked it out of the park. This time... she could barely handle the songs she was singing. Luckily, the guy she was singing with was UNBELIEVABLE. One of the best vocalists I've heard at the park and he also killed the dancing. A double threat right there. Wow.

After enjoying that, I decided to make my way on over to Frontierland to scout out a spot for MOUCP. I believe I might've stopped at a few places for some more free cookies and drinks. I think it was around here I discovered the place where they were offering some Fanta this year which was pretty cool. I also needed it to wash down the taste of that awful cider. Yuck.

As I was going along, I noticed the sky was not looking good. I was checking my phone and saw that a rain storm was coming in for the evening. It didn't specify when but it was on its way. I was sending out all the energy I could into the world that this parade would still happen. However, the winds no sooner started picking up. It wasn't looking good.

I still got a good spot right up front at step off, standing rigidly hoping the minutes would fly by without a drop. I did eventually exclaim, "Please rain go away" to which I got a "RIGHT" from the young mother next to me. We ended up venting about how badly we hoped this parade would not be cancelled. Right as we started talking about that, it started to drizzle. Darn. There was some commotion with the PAC cast members and leaders. An announcement about the parade being possibly delayed and more commotion. I was getting very anxious now. The droplets were becoming more steady, but nothing too too crazy.

There was still a lot of uncertainty. I knew they would make the right decision but I was gonna be very sad if I wasn't able to see MOUCP, especially with my roommates a part of it. The question still remained: Would we get MOUCP or would we not?

Continue Here

Last edited:
The One Where I Get Slapped In The Face By A Reindeer And Assaulted By Peppermint Cookies
PART I

Now, we return to this awful waiting game. The rain getting just slightly steadier, the commotion with PAC getting more intense as Entertainment got involved.

At the moment when all hope seemed lost, out of nowhere, the bells rang signaling the start of the parade!

PAC ran off to the sides and thus we still got my beloved MOUCP. Just a little on the wet side.

"Once upon a Christmastime..."

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

The parade ran mostly as it is. Due to the rain, some aspects had to be cut. To those who hadn't seen it before, they wouldn't notice. I however had so it was clear the missing links. The biggest were Cinderella's coach and Anna & Elsa's sleigh since I'm guessing rain isn't safe for horses, ponies or those types of contraptions. Cinderella and her prince were then moved onto that big princess float while Anna & Elsa hung out with Kristoff on his float with their mics still on. There were definitely some other big ones that I can't name right now. For the most part, everything was intact which meant...

I GOT TO SEE PEPPAMINT AND COMET IN THE PARADE!

Unfortunately, due to my positioning, Peppamint was a bit of a distance but you can see me zooming in on them in the video. Comet was much more prominent since you can see him waving and me calling out to him. What you did miss was a good thwack to the face that he gave me. Scared a few guests around me when that happened, but that crazy reindeer just has to make sure he has my attention. It's pretty funny to think about looking back lol Good thing my make-up wasn't messed up because of it, otherwise it would be a different story.

Also, the gag of the parade, DAL WAS IN IT! He was one of the final logo holders. I did not know that so, if you couldn't tell, I lost my mind seeing him. Last time I saw him was very early on in my program the day that my roommates and I all hung out at the pool with some Entertainment CPs and their roommates, Dal being one of them.

Overall, despite the parade not being at its usual level, it was just as magical as it usually is. The rain really started coming down as you probably can tell by the end so they definitely were racing this one out as quickly as it came in, but deterred nothing. If you were here for my short little staycation with my family during my first program, where we saw MOUCP during daily ops, you would know this parade holds a lot of really great memories for me. More than any other parade at WDW at this point. I can't help but get teary-eyed watching it. It is so special to me and after tonight, it was even more special. Not sure if getting smacked by a reindeer was the most iconic moment now or if it's still my mother struggling to get an "Elfie" with one of the elves on the horses. We'll call it a tie I guess.

Once it ended, I just stood around for a bit, not feeling the need to rush through the steady rain to watch again and instead sending all the videos I could to my roommates and Dal. I wanted them to know I saw their buddies and was cheering them on.

I then followed the parade down and made my way through Frontierland and Fantasyland, probably grabbing some more cookies and such to stock up on along the way, to get to Tomorrowland. Most days I come here and avoid Speedway like the plague but the new overlay that they added for the holidays (that unfortunately meant it wasn't going anywhere anytime soon) looked pretty neat. It also didn't have a bad wait for it so I hopped in line for that.

If you hadn't really heard about this overlay, they essentially had a cool new soundtrack added around Speedway alongside a bunch of Christmas light displays. I had to get videos of it while riding so it ended up resulting in a really interesting ride on the Speedway. Probably the most enjoyable eventful ride, not just for the lights, but also my wild multitasking skills. The fact I managed to not drop my phone onto the track and it get run over by another car is BEYOND me, but I did it! A real accomplishment there.

Let's enjoy my incredible balancing act of managing to drive, take photos, not drop anything and deliver insightful commentary.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

I think I should add my Speedway expertise as a special skill on my resume. Also, totally worth it. The light displays were gorgeous. I wish they could shut down the Speedway and maybe make it a walk through instead so we can actually hear the music over the engines and not feel like we're suffering from shaking baby syndrome the whole time. Still, I think that was a really cool addition so props to Disney for adding this one, I think it was a positive.

When I got off, I noticed that it was getting close to the time for the fireworks, which had switched over from Holiday Wishes to Minnie's Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks. I wasn't a huge fan of Holiday Wishes before, thinking it was the black sheep of the original Wishes trio so I was more excited to see this. It was an upgrade I was very welcoming of.

However, I had a bit of time so I decided to go meet more characters. The rain was really coming down so characters were starting to be switched around with their locations. I got in line for Nick & Judy, but because of the rain they moved us from their usual spot on over to Carousel of Progress. This had a weird line situation that let me catch my favorite Zootopia friends as they walked by.

Click to watch!

I ended up hopping out of line not long after since I wasn't feeling super in the mood to meet them and needed the break of just waiting out for the fireworks so I broke out the umbrella and hightailed it (like Judy HOPPS) to the hub.

Click to watch!

I chilled with the umbrella for covering for a bit and ended up finding a rather decent spot for the show. I even got to help in covering up some surrounding guests with my umbrella. I might've had an awkward interaction with an older lady about my make-up, but I can't remember the details. Things that WOULD happen to me, of course. I know the umbrella did have to come down eventually so I didn't block people when the show started so yeah, a very wet evening. But worth every droplet.

Soon enough, the fireworks began!

Click to watch!

I didn't want to film the whole show so as to enjoy it for myself, but I really REALLY liked this one. Unlike the new Halloween fireworks, this was a step up. It fit the theming of the event very well and it was also cool to see them give Minnie her own show. Not to mention, the pyro was fantastic. I don't remember exact details since I only saw it once and haven't watched a video back since, but I definitely got a little misty-eyed at the end. Christmas sometimes does that to me.

I slid my way past the crowd and headed on over to Fantasyland. In waiting for the fireworks, I realized that there was one character I HAD to meet before the night was up. I passed by her earlier and for a costume that usually only came out once a year in one location, this was my opportunity for a pretty exciting M&G.

Any guesses who it was?

Continue Here

Last edited:
The One Where I Get Slapped In The Face By A Reindeer And Assaulted By Peppermint Cookies
PART II

Click to watch!

IT WAS BELLE IN HER ENCHANTED CHRISTMAS DRESS!

You have no idea how excited I was for this. I had missed meeting her in this my first program since I'd made the decision to spend Christmas morning with my family in MK versus Epcot, which was a good choice in retrospect, but it meant I missed catching her at Epcot. Now, they finally decided to bring it over to MK for MVMCP so I was finally gonna meet her in it.

Unlike most of you, Beauty and the Beast wasn't a movie I actually grew up with. The first time I was ever fully acquainted with the story was when I was a featured role in the junior version of the stage production. I was in high school I believe when I first watched it. However, I was familiar with Belle since on VHS (remember those?), we had Enchanted Christmas so I watched that A TON as a kid. I haven't seen it years but that's the Belle that always stuck out in my mind along with Tim Curry's terrifying organ character that drowned Chip or something (my memory is bad but I vividly remember a scene like that). So this was a big deal meeting her in this. Bigger than even meeting her in the classic ball gown, which I have done too.

Needless to say, it resulted in probably the most iconic meet of the night.

Of course, it wouldn't be a complete party if I didn't dance with one character, right?

And yeah, this one had me just as giddy as all the rest.

It always amazes me how simply these things have happened. It never even crossed my mind. There was good juju in line as I befriended some other guests as one does when they're alone. Or I'm just actually getting used to being alone and not being mega introverted? Maybe I am an extrovert...

ANYWAYS!

When I met her, I walked up, she complimented me on my make-up then we got into talking about parties in the castle and such. Belle was super sweet and of course extended an invite for a Christmas party. Obviously, I'd have to go. She asked about if I was any good at waltzing, to which I said, "Of course!" Next thing I know we're dancing together. Not my first time dancing with a princess, but this was top tier for that. Belle even commended me on my skills and said to make sure to come, gave me a hug and blew me a kiss goodbye.

I might be gayer than gay, but princesses still have me a little blushy. So magical. For a night that really could've been so dreary, it was having so many bright spots.

After having to do a weird zig zag escape since I forgot where I put my bag down, I eventually left in a wild haste that everyone in line witnessed. Love that for me.

I might've stopped again at the cookie stops in Storybook Circus and gotten another little snowman. Granted, they were in multiple locations, but that one was very quiet. Very very quiet and it was nearing the end of the night so they were more than willing to give extras. Another thing to love for me.

I then remembered there was another attraction with an overlay that I had to do so I booked it back on through Tomorrowland to this little beaut.

Just like with the Villains party and MNSSHP, they had another overlay for the holiday season. Of course, it was only during MVMCP and I just had to do it. I don't have any other photos, but I'll say this one was cute. It wasn't my favorite. It was very bright so it took away the thrilling nature of total darkness for the MNSSHP and Villains overlay. The music was really cool. I believe it was the Trans Siberian Orchestra playing, which just slaps really hard. It was neat, but it definitely paled in comparison to what MNSSHP offered. Deep Space Mountain just wins at WDW. Hyperspace Mountain is still the QUEEN, but she does have good competish nowadays.

Once I got off that, I still had a bunch of time to do whatever. The second parade ended up getting cancelled so good thing I stuck around for the first since that would've been devastating missing my roomies. I went right on back to cookie hunting and getting hot cocoa drunk. I was already pretty stocked up, but the night was winding down so everywhere was trying to get rid of their cookies and such. If I recall, I did try to find the sno-cones they had the year before but I think they got rid of them this year, which made me sad. Those were the best. Or maybe they did and I'm remembering it all wrong.

Again, notes were really bad at this point. I do think Peter Pan also made a comment when I was walking through Adventureland at one point. I'm not sure, a lot of this night was a blur.

Eventually, I did make it to Cosmic's again to go say hi to Cassidy. There was nobody in there and they still had tons of cocoa and cookies. We talked for a bit since nobody was in line as her and her co-worker handed me a bit more cookies than normal. I did end up letting it slip that they were my favorite (I believe they were the peppermint bark flavor) to which the two of them looked at each other and handed me two armfuls of these things. Me trying to load these into my shirt was quite the scene, but yeah they stocked me up and I had to move on over to a counter to lay them down and move them to my bag.

But yeah, I was SET.

Not as set as when I used to work these parties and would come home with multiple sleeves as did my QSFB roommate, but I was set.

After that, I think I went around to get a few more cookies then headed towards the castle to catch the midnight performance of M3C.

The event had really died down as the night went on so I got an even better spot than my first showing. Right up front and center. The rain had let up so they were drying off the stage in anticipation of the performance. It didn't look like the clouds were showing any signs of raining again so it seemed the show was gonna go on.

And it did! Ending my night on the most merriest note.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

A lovely ending to a magical evening. In making the decision to only do one party this year, I was pretty happy at that decision. Everything fell into place perfectly for the evening and I had the best time. Enough Christmas party memories from one program to truly stick.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Living the bestest and merriest life on my way out. Things couldn't be better. I know they say rain on a wedding day is good luck, but I think rain at a Christmas party also takes that luck card too.

As far as I know, they definitely stepped this event up with all the new offerings. Not to mention, the variety of offerings including an upgraded fireworks show, some really inventive attraction overlays and the like. Also, having so many friends working the party, which was never the case during my first program where my MVMCPs were kinda draining occasions, but this time, I felt fulfilled by the experience. However, I lacked the need to spend a ton of money to return so it was my one and only. I still say MNSSHP is the better party, but MVMCP is catching up and got me in the holiday spirit more than prior years.

Getting home was not too difficult since I think I missed the initial rush from West Clock. I also might've ran into Alan on my way out who got us an Uber back. No exhausting ride home. Always glad for that.

Also, very glad for the fact that my wings really held up tonight as did my eye make-up. Rain, reindeer and all lol

I tried to wait up for my roommates to talk about the evening, which resulted me falling into another rabbit hole night of Disney+. Spicy ramen included.

Will made it home not long after me and we got to laughing about what happened between Comet and I. As I mentioned before, they are besties so he got all the tea. Carlos didn't get home until much much later I believe so I didn't get to see them since I was pretty pooped as I stuffed myself with left over cookies that I ended up leaving out for the house to pick from. The exhaustion got to me and soon I went to bed.

My two days off were over. I felt so fulfilled and in some weird way, I couldn't wait to get back to work. Wishing you all the merriest evening/morning/afternoon!

Continue Here

Last edited:
Falling Down A Nostalgia Rabbit Hole
11/15 – 11/16/19: Scrap Metal Days

November 15th & 16th, 2019

As I mentioned before, I was back to work once again. Back on Batuu, making all the credits I could possibly want. It was still a slow time for us, even with the holidays. We also were well settled into a routine so I really can't find much to elaborate on with these days.

The only thing I can say is that Aspen was coming over to chill at my place either both nights or just one. I know we just vented as well as watched random videos of her dancing on YouTube. We also went down this crazy nostalgia rabbit hole where we listened to and watched music videos from our high school years. Things one only does when they are even beyond college. Wild.

The Vista Way chronicles of two DCP kiddos with nothing better to distract them than memories of high school didn't last long as I apparently only had a two-day gap from my last days off. The next day off also was the second half of Dapper Day. The 16th I believe was at Studios and the 17th was at Epcot. I had gone before work during my first program, but I was actually off for the whole event so I was super pumped for it and I had a much more concrete outfit this time. I didn't make plans with some instagram friends since nobody said if they were gonna go or not so it was gonna be another basically solo Dapper Day.

But it was DAPPER DAY. I could not possibly be upset about that.

Continue Here

Last edited:
It was a grand time had and I got some great videos of all the songs that were played on this evening and my apologies in advanced for the obnoxious singing caught on camera.
Loved all those songs! And if you weren't singing along I would be very disappointed!
This has been my favorite thing about the holidays in Springs and one of my favorite regular holiday offerings at the resort since its inception in 2016. Funny thing, back then, EVERYONE HATED IT! It was almost always empty back there. Everyone I talked to thought it was tacky. But I loved it and I've loved it since as everyone eventually jumped on the train. I had to roll my eyes though since they started liking it with the offering of a M&G and places to get food. I was always there for the trees and just that lovely atmosphere. Since day one, I'm a stan and nobody can take that from me.
I loved the Christmas Tree Trail so much! Really sucked missing it this past year!
My mouth is watering just looking at it AND I JUST HAD BREAKFAST!! Ugh, my stomach is forever indebted to the Earl. It really is.
Yummmy!
I was also getting super ambitious with my make-up for this evening. I'd had a really daring idea for tonight and I also was trying out doing wings with eyeliner for the first time so it all took some doing. Eventually I got it to my liking. The winged eyeliner still wasn't perfect since my eyes are different shapes, but they looked pretty solid. I was happy.

Very original!
Now, we return to this awful waiting game. The rain getting just slightly steadier, the commotion with PAC getting more intense as Entertainment got involved.

At the moment when all hope seemed lost, out of nowhere, the bells rang signaling the start of the parade!

PAC ran off to the sides and thus we still got my beloved MOUCP. Just a little on the wet side.
Nice you got to see it! And smart staying close to step off before rain could affect them too much!
Comet was much more prominent since you can see him waving and me calling out to him. What you did miss was a good thwack to the face that he gave me. Scared a few guests around me when that happened, but that crazy reindeer just has to make sure he has my attention.
Lol! I would definitely be shocked if that happened to someone near me!
If you hadn't really heard about this overlay, they essentially had a cool new soundtrack added around Speedway alongside a bunch of Christmas light displays. I had to get videos of it while riding so it ended up resulting in a really interesting ride on the Speedway. Probably the most enjoyable eventful ride, not just for the lights, but also my wild multitasking skills. The fact I managed to not drop my phone onto the track and it get run over by another car is BEYOND me, but I did it! A real accomplishment there.
This overlay was so cute!
The light displays were gorgeous. I wish they could shut down the Speedway and maybe make it a walk through instead so we can actually hear the music over the engines and not feel like we're suffering from shaking baby syndrome the whole time.
YAS! That would be so awesome and then no more shaky photos!

Loved all those songs! And if you weren't singing along I would be very disappointed!

They definitely got some good requests on this night and lol... I just hate my singing getting caught on camera when my singing is basically just screaming lol

I loved the Christmas Tree Trail so much! Really sucked missing it this past year!

It's so cute. I just wish it wasn't as popular as it is now, which is totally selfish but I miss being the only person in there.

Correct.

Very original!

Thank you!!

Nice you got to see it! And smart staying close to step off before rain could affect them too much!

I prefer being close to step off since waiting for the parade to get to you makes me really impatient, but in this case, it probably enhanced what might not have been as quality a performance further down the parade route.

Lol! I would definitely be shocked if that happened to someone near me!

It was a shock to everyone, but I just have to laugh at everyone's reactions when my reindeer friend just went a little off lol

This overlay was so cute!

It was. It's probably the closest they've gotten to the Osbourne Lights in years.

YAS! That would be so awesome and then no more shaky photos!

The perfect Osbourne Lights mini-revival :goodvibes

A Dapper DAK Menagerie With A Dash Of Practically Perfect Photoshoots Later
11/17/19: Fall Dapper Day 2019

Another big day here in the Disney World! Or at least in this TR's timeline. It was Fall Dapper Day! WOOHOO!!!

Obviously, I was pretty prepared. It was definitely a step up from my look on my first Dapper Day. That was so yikes even Belle read me for it. This time, it was a step up. The only thing I wish I had done differently was worn my skinny black jeans. The dress pants I had looked way too big on me. They are nicer than jeans but they just didn't look right.

Back to the day, my plan was mostly to spend time at Epcot since that's where Fall Dapper Day was actually happening today. However, there was something in DAK I had to go see so I went there.

Yes, I went there all dapper'd up. The one place not one Dapper Day has been held. I can understand why but it makes me sad they haven't brought her here. It would be so cute.

And what was I visiting DAK for?

THE MERRY MENAGERIE!!!

The newest and most praised addition to DAK's Christmas offerings. Back when I first spent Christmastime at DAK, all they had were Christmas themed M&Gs, now we get a really unique entertainment experience. I had had heard nothing but good things. Also, the videos and pics had me sold. I had to see it in person.

At first when I got to DAK, there weren't too many little animal friends out so I didn't stay for too long at first since I knew it would fill up more as the day went on, but I got a few videos.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

I then decided to go check out the rest of the park. First, I had to stop and say hello to my beloved forbidden mountain.

Unfortunately I think it might've been down today. Sad face.

Oh well, I decided to make a loop and see the rest of the holiday offerings, see if much had changed. Of course, I didn't make notes of the minute details, but I did get a few photos.

Kevin was also out and about back by Discovery Island causing mischief.

Click to watch!

I even made it to Pandora to see their little holiday touches. Minimal, but effective. You've still got to figure out a way to celebrate with the Na'vi.

Then, I made it back to the Merry Menagerie which was popping and I finally got a full experience walking through there.

Click to BOOMERANG!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

This is easily one of the best additions Disney has put into the parks in years. It's so hard to explain but it's so unique, it fits so well with DAK and just is so unbelievably fun. I also was shook by the fact they even have a steel drummer tapping out some music to help add to the atmosphere. Beautiful. The animals and their performers are also fantastic. They give them so much personality and the interact just like actual animals. It's just absolutely simple but stunning puppet theater. My personal favorite animals to watch were the little fox and the baby penguins whose mother had lost them. Again, the storylines that were formed, amazing. It really brought a smile to my face. The simple joys really.

I didn't stuck around after that since there were only so many hours in the day so I vamoosed on out of DAK to head over to Epcot. I believe it was a rather smooth journey. I will say, it was during this I realized we were hitting quite cold weather today. Even in my full Dapper outfit, I was feeling rather cold. Luckily I had packed a sweatshirt, but it was still difficult. One makes the best of these things though.

When I got to Epcot, I first decided to hit up the Epcot Experience. It always made me happy to make a quick visit there.

Click to watch!

All the Epcot feels. I love this little era of Epcot where we're getting a lot of excitement for the future but also little homages to the past. If only I could jump through those retro posters to ride the old attractions like the original Imagination or Horizons. That would be fun. Maybe some day we'll figure out Time Travel. Maybe...

After I left from there, I decided to head out into World Showcase and enjoy myself there, seeing all the dapper outfits that were light years better than mine. There were so many good ones this year. I do feel like there's less themed ones anymore. They all come off pretty generic. My first year, I had two friends who did two looks based off the retro Future World character costumes of the day. I don't see much of that now, but some bounds do show up. I liked to think mine was a light Ursula bound, but I'm not sure many would get it so I didn't make that totally official.

Some of my favorite looks this year were some lovely Wendy and Peter twin bounds, a very brave Jessica Rabbit look, an immaculate Christmas styled look and I think I saw some PatF looks that warmed my heart. Granted nothing will beat the down to the last detail Charlotte La Bouff Dapper bound I saw during my first program. That was god tier. I still had fun looking around.

Eventually I stopped for a moment in Italy on my World Showcase romp. The big meet-up for that day was about to happen so it was PACKED.

Click to watch!

There was a Photopass nearby with a small line of Dapper peoples so I got into that to see if I could get a photos. I wasn't too pleased with these, but I'll still share some lovely romantic Ursula in Italy moments.

I continued along and ended up by the American Adventure where I might've stopped to listen to Voices but took no videos, but my notes alert me to the fact that I did? Who knows!

From there, I continued all the way until I got to about the UK and saw the area where they normally have it blocked off for private IllumiNations viewings was open! I decided it was a lovely spot for some recharging.

Click to watch!

It was about this time that Sydnee had messaged me saying she was headed to Epcot. She had worked that day but wanted to hang out there, maybe get a drink or something. We decided to meet up. I can't remember if we met at the front or not. I really neglected to document this point of the day. We might've gone back to do Epcot Experience where we argued about our opinions of Mary Poppins Returns then maybe one ride or two. I can't remember. Eventually, we did end up going around to do a photoshoot.

First, we went by the Bubblegum wall since I always have to get proper gram photos there. You'll really notice here how weird the pants fit me.

Also, I should note that the belt I wore was actually not mine but one I had rented out for one of my EHH shifts way back during the summer months when I still worked on Sunset. Don't worry I eventually returned it, but we love the happy convenience of Disney costuming when we can't find a proper belt of our own lol

I should add that the cold was really setting in by now. Sydnee and I were shivering non-stop so these photoshoots I would shed off my out-of-theme sweatshirt quickly, take the photos, grab my phone and then quickly shove the sweatshirt back on without ruining my hat and hair. Like I've said before, pain is beauty. Even if the pain is hypothermia and could potentially lead to death or coma.

We then headed on over to the United Kingdom where I saw some lamp posts that I wanted some photos with. Sydnee offered her phone for this one since she had a newer one and could fool around with lighting and portrait mode a bit more. Thank goodness for that because I got probably my favorite photos here.

I however can't get it out of my head that my mom said I looked like Jon Cryer. At first, I went into panic self-conscious mode since my first thought and my mother's first photo reference was Jon Cryer at over twice my age. I could die.

My Uncle luckily stepped in and said he thought I was giving mad Ducky vibes from Pretty In Pink, which I could live with. I could see it. Also, I totally have that Ducky singing "Try A Little Tenderness" energy.

giphy.gif

We then decided to go deeper into the pavilion to maybe see if Mary Poppins was out. I know, a weird turn of events to seek her out after we argued about whether or not the revival was good or not (I personally loved it and think Emily Blunt and Lin-Manuel Miranda killed it). But I mean, it's Dapper Day and with someone as dapper and poised as Mary, you'd have to get a photo.

Also, her winter wear is so so cute. I never even knew that was a thing. Not to mention, it looked super warm. Another interesting thing was she was meeting without an attendant. I know she doesn't have Photopass for copyright reasons but I thought she'd at least have an attendant. It was wild, but she managed that line wonderfully.

She also was super sweet and complimentary. I don't remember the details of the meet aside from her thinking I gave off chimney sweep vibes, but it was definitely a jolly holiday of a meet.

Once we finished meeting her, Sydnee and I both decided we wanted to go to Studios for a bit. It was pretty cold however so we weren't sure my usual choice to walk was the best idea. That left us with the predicament of which form of transportation was best in this chilly weather.

Boat, Skyliner or bus? Hmmm...

Find out next!

Continue Here

Last edited:
I love your Dapper Day look! I want to go to a Dapper Day soon although obviously 2020 has thrown me for a loop! I can definitely see the Ursula vibes but standing next to Mary I can definitely see some chimney sweep!

THE MERRY MENAGERIE!!!

The newest and most praised addition to DAK's Christmas offerings. Back when I first spent Christmastime at DAK, all they had were Christmas themed M&Gs, now we get a really unique entertainment experience. I had had heard nothing but good things. Also, the videos and pics had me sold. I had to see it in person.
I wish I could have seen more of this. But the only time it was on when we were at AK was when we had 15 minutes to get from Hollywood Studios to Flight of Passage before our FPs would turn blue! (Spoiler - we made it but basically had to speedwalk thru AK.)
I didn't stuck around after that since there were only so many hours in the day so I vamoosed on out of DAK to head over to Epcot.
Just curious - but when you are a guest at the theme parks do you take normal park-park transportation or CM buses?
After I left from there, I decided to head out into World Showcase and enjoy myself there, seeing all the dapper outfits that were light years better than mine. There were so many good ones this year. I do feel like there's less themed ones anymore. They all come off pretty generic. My first year, I had two friends who did two looks based off the retro Future World character costumes of the day. I don't see much of that now, but some bounds do show up. I liked to think mine was a light Ursula bound, but I'm not sure many would get it so I didn't make that totally official.
Hopefully one day you can come out to Disneyland for our Dapper Day! It's crazy!
Also, her winter wear is so so cute. I never even knew that was a thing. Not to mention, it looked super warm. Another interesting thing was she was meeting without an attendant. I know she doesn't have Photopass for copyright reasons but I thought she'd at least have an attendant. It was wild, but she managed that line wonderfully.
I do love that winter wear!

I think your pants looked good on you... Not your usual look but they still look good, you just look dapper in them! :goodvibes

Dang, the photos with you leaning against the pole should be in a magazine!!!

And yes, you are a celebrity in the DIS world so be prepared to be recognized when you're at Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter