Third Time's The Charm At The DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM Fall '19! (COMPLETE - 8/14)

Happy belated birthday! It’s such a joy to read your TR. Now that I have time (should be cleaning or cooking or something, but whatever). If we’re ever in the parks together some day, let me buy you a drink!

The Dynamic Duo Finish Off Another Scary Fabulous Evening
9/2/19: Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party Part Two

Cassidy and I now being able to do our thing together, we saw that Space still had a rather short wait so we ran over to go ride again. This ended up being a smart move since the fireworks crowds came on through doubling the wait, which wasn't bad considering how low it was, but that was our last ride on Space that night.

We then went over to go see how long the wait was for Lotso. Cassidy really wanted to meet him to see if he smelled like strawberries. I told her he didn't but she still wanted to and I had no problem meeting him, he gives really nice hugs for such a villainous plush bear.

I don't remember specifics, but it was a sweet meet. Nothing remarkable, but nice.

I also remembered that my roommate Will had told me he was going to be with the grave diggers tonight so we headed over that way to meet them. It also was a meet that wasn't there on my first program (Jack and Sally met in their spot before) so I was hype for this one. (For the record, this might've happened earlier in the night but I neglected to mention it in my notes.)

They barely have a wait so we basically walked right up to meet them.

It was more-so a photo than a M&G. They don't speak and just glare at you. They also point at where you should go. Like when the M&G ends they point to the exit. It was still pretty funny since it was so intense for no reason whatsoever. Unfortunately, Will wasn't able to meet up with there, but as you can see, those grave diggers sent their coldest regards hehe

I then went to Main Street since Cassidy and I both wanted to meet Mickey. I also remembered that I wanted to go and stop by to say hi to Emily who was working at Tony's that night.

Click to watch!

When we got to Town Square and walked up to Tony's, I saw Emily hanging out by the entrance to the little porch so we said hi there. We talked for a little bit since I found out they literally had nobody around in there. She said we could probably come in to meet Cruella even without a reservation, it was THAT dead. Also in the time that we were out there, Cruella actually came up to me with a twinkle in her eye for me. While clearly Max would not be happy to meet Cruella, Timmy was so of course I greeted her. Emily gave me the weirdest look. After that, we said goodbye and Cassidy and I went inside Town Square to go meet Mickey.

Mickey still had a bit of a wait, but I've waited WAY longer for him so I was more than happy to wait in this. Also, it was Mickey in his cute Halloween costume with all the celebration decor behind him. An interesting contrast.

In all honesty, I kinda wish this was the costume he wore in Boo To You now and we met him in that other costume. I like it better.

Mickey was still fun. He was kinda awkward, accidentally slapping both Cassidy and I in the face, but we had fun talking with him. About what I could not tell you hence why I only have two photos for this lol I'm pretty sure we were doting over him in his Halloween best.

After meeting Mickey, which let out to another candy spot, we decided to go back to Adventureland. When we entered Adventureland, we saw some silly shenanigans going down with the Tarzan crew.

Click to watch!

We also stopped by the Jungle Cruise treat trail where we saw Matt once again. He was just as fun as last time. We talked with him a bit and he even gave us extra candy. How nice!

We also decided to go check out the one other attraction overlay we hadn't done which was the Pirates with the actors in the queue and on the ride. I hadn't heard great reviews about this, but we had the time so why not?

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

I've got to agree with everyone, I don't really get the point of this overlay. The actors in the queue are fun since you can stop and talk and really interact with them. On the ride, the fun of that is lost. Also, I take major pity on this ride since I LOOOOVVVEEE the Disneyland version which is WAAAY better so it just all felt like a bit of a waste of time. I would rather ride Deep Space Mountain again.

Once we got off Pirates, Cassidy asked if we could go meet Moana. I said sure! I know many hadn't really met her since she never got a permanent M&G like she was supposed to. I really was lucky to have met her all the times I did when she was in that temporary spot in Studios in 2016. Meeting her tonight at MNSSHP was the only time we could meet her. However, we had no clue where she met. I saw photos from years past but this year I had no clue so we wandered Adventureland for a bit trying to find her until we finally asked someone and she actually was in the Tiki Room which we passed by multiple times. Smart us.

She ended up not having a line at all so we basically had as much time as we wanted with Moana. It was pretty cool. I'm sure most days she has a line for days, but again IT WAS THAT DEAD so we lucked out. Thanks again Dorian!

It was a really fun meet. Cassidy and Moana talked the most but Moana tried to include me as well. She actually gave us a cool fun fact about her and Pua's names. In Hawaiian, Pua actually means 'flower' and Moana means 'the ocean' or 'a large body of water', which I never knew. Makes sense though.

We didn't stay long and headed out. It was awkward leaving since you don't exit through the Tiki Room like the old treat trail used to work and had to go out the way you came in so I was all turned around. The attendants were so nice about it. They also gave us lollipops here I believe. Then when we exited, Taylor, someone I met on the CP pages, was actually at the exit giving out more candy. It definitely took us a moment to remember each other, but we eventually connected the dots. We didn't talk for too long, just discussing how dead it was and how nobody was there then Cassidy and I went on her way.

We were pretty tired by now, but we both wanted to see Hocus Pocus again. Also, by going there now, it gave us time to get a good spot and relax a bit. I also really wanted that Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket a chunk of my group from the last time I went to the party got. I went with Cassidy, following the last Boo To You out through the hub to get a spot in front of the stage then ran over to the popcorn cart to go get the Oogie Boogie bucket.

Click to watch!

On my way back, I got a message from Adam, a friend from the CP pages who was at the party, asking to meet up. I said I was headed to HoPo and he was too with his friend Emily. I met them near the hub. They were dressed up as Hurricane Dorian (Emily) and Adam as some notable weather man whose name I don't know. Very last minute, but very appropriate. They apparently got a lot of good responses to them throughout the night. I walked them over with me to Cassidy who was now caught in the crowd at HoPo but she still held a decent spot for us. Again, it was pretty dead so there wasn't a lot of people there to begin with.

The show started not long after we got there. Great timing.

Click to BOOMERANG!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to BOOMERANG!

The Sanderson Sisters were once again not as great as they used to be. The show as a whole is still amazing, but not nearly as good as it was in 2016. Cassidy, Adam and Emily loved it nonetheless. I guess I'm just spoiled at this point.

The best part of the show was that it started raining right at the end. We expected rain the whole night with the wind and heat, but it never did and it started to really come down right as the Sanderson Sisters were leaving. It was amazing that timing. We got a whole HoPo and left as Dorian said "Hello!" Granted he wasn't really there but he was on his way. For sure.

Adam had offered me a ride since he lived in Vista whereas Cassidy didn't live in housing so we split off here. I said goodbye to her since she had to run and do something else before she left. I walked out with Adam and Emily under an umbrella as they rain was definitely at THAT point.

We took the boat over to the TTC. I personally love the boats to and from MK. They are so picturesque. They can be a pain since they take so long to load and leave unlike the monorail or the busses when there isn't an ECV or Scooter.

Click to watch!

Also, yeah even the boat was empty. It was crazy.

At the TTC, we also got a really fun tram driver. He spoke in a deep spooky voice to keep in theme with the night. It was pretty cool. Apparently Emily and Adam had a better one earlier, but this was one of the most memorable I've had. I don't usually take the tram since I prefer walking but I was pooped on this night. Remember I had been in the park since 2 and it was now almost 1am. I was ready to sleep.

We found Adam's car pretty quickly and were home rather swiftly. I was invited over to his place, but I told them I was pretty spent and I said we could hang another night. I then got into my apartment, got ready for bed and was out like that.

Tomorrow was the day Dorian was supposed to hit so who knows what that meant for me. As we would say on my new home planet, "Only the Ancients know."

Continue Here

Last edited:
Happy belated birthday! It’s such a joy to read your TR. Now that I have time (should be cleaning or cooking or something, but whatever). If we’re ever in the parks together some day, let me buy you a drink!

Thank you! I'm so glad you're still enjoying it lol Oh and definitely. Hopefully that'll be very soon for the both of us.

Happy Belated Birthday!!! :bday:

WOW!!! That is a cool SWGE magic band you received!!! :lovestruc

OMG!!! I can't believe you lost/misplaced the SWGE magic band!!!! :scared1:

That is so cool that you got to dance with your doppelganger Max!!! :dancer:

And being able to see your roommate as one of the Grave Diggers, wow, you had a great second MNSSHP!!! I can't wait to read about your adventures at your next party... popcorn::

You busy little bee!! Loving all the updates!! Hope your birthday was as great as can be, quarantine-style!

Always a score when my face makes it on. Especially when I'm the only one in the time machine.
I also love the pictures of myself looking like swiss cheese because there are so many random holes in my face!!

49815805071_c80987e9e9_c.jpg
I always stop to take pictures on the luggage, too!! Have to check out the luggage tags for my favs from the Tower of Terror movie :) No one I'm with ever cares enough, sadly!

(I'm gonna say that despite how careful I was with that Magic Band I did lose that band. I was so mad because I lost it on the day of my CP graduation and I was hanging out with my cast that night.
Oh, sadness :( :( :( Small consolation, but at least you have the cute little box still :(

Once the floats were gone, I might've teared up a bit. It really was so amazing. Honestly, a highlight across my many programs and trips I've had. I thought dancing with George at my last party was a peak moment but this beat it, hands down. Gosh, what a dream.
Oh, yes, so MUCH better than your Perfect Cast with George! That's an incredible memory for sure!

Ah, yes, Jack and his awkward close-talking!! Plus, the way he swaggers, I feel like I'm constantly backing up, so he doesn't bump me in the face with his forehead. PS, Love Alan's costume!!!!

Mickey was still fun. He was kinda awkward, accidentally slapping both Cassidy and I in the face, but we had fun talking with him.
Don't you love a good slap to the head by your favorite character?! :) Santa Goofy got Jimmy pretty good at Hollywood in Vine in December, LOL. A nice hollow 'THUNK'.

Sounds like a really great night at the party!! Awesome that you were able to experience so much with the low crowds and no rain. MNSSHP is still on my list for someday! It looks like so much fun.

Happy Belated Birthday!!! :bday:

Thank you!! :teeth:

WOW!!! That is a cool SWGE magic band you received!!! :lovestruc

Isn't it? I miss it :sad:

OMG!!! I can't believe you lost/misplaced the SWGE magic band!!!! :scared1:

ME TOO!! I don't lose things easily, especially things like that. And I wore it so much as you'll see in photos. I genuinely do not know how I lost it. Part of me still thinks it got caught in some crevice in a friend's car that none of us thought to look for. *shrugs*

That is so cool that you got to dance with your doppelganger Max!!! :dancer:

I will never be over it. EVER.

And being able to see your roommate as one of the Grave Diggers, wow, you had a great second MNSSHP!!! I can't wait to read about your adventures at your next party... popcorn::

It was such a great party. I don't want to get your hopes up so I'll let you know I only did two parties this program. I did however spend quite a bit of time at another Halloween event that you'll be hearing about very shortly. That one I had a very many visits at. VERY MANY.

You busy little bee!! Loving all the updates!! Hope your birthday was as great as can be, quarantine-style!

I'm just trying to not let this drag on for too too long. Once June hits, it will be a year since I started, that's just AWHILE.

And it was! It was hard, but all-in-all I think it ended on a good note.

I also love the pictures of myself looking like swiss cheese because there are so many random holes in my face!!

Omg me too! I had one that had two holes exactly where my eyes should be. It was demonic and terrifying and I loved her.

I always stop to take pictures on the luggage, too!! Have to check out the luggage tags for my favs from the Tower of Terror movie :) No one I'm with ever cares enough, sadly!

Omg I FORGOT ABOUT THAT. I used to watch that movie so much when I was younger. Back when we'd rent movies from the movie store. WOW, feels so long ago. Miss those days.

Oh, sadness :( :( :( Small consolation, but at least you have the cute little box still :(

Possibly the most heartbreaking thing about my fall program. I tried so hard to recover it *sad sigh*

Oh, yes, so MUCH better than your Perfect Cast with George! That's an incredible memory for sure!

Both were amazing and it was crazy they happened across two parties that were one right after the other, but dancing with Max. It wins.

Ah, yes, Jack and his awkward close-talking!! Plus, the way he swaggers, I feel like I'm constantly backing up, so he doesn't bump me in the face with his forehead. PS, Love Alan's costume!!!!

People invading my personal space doesn't always bother me and I think with Jack, I like the intimacy ngl So I enjoy our little chats.

Alan wears that all the time to the parks. He's a BIG Big Al fan. Like he has no chill about him.

Don't you love a good slap to the head by your favorite character?! :) Santa Goofy got Jimmy pretty good at Hollywood in Vine in December, LOL. A nice hollow 'THUNK'.

Oh wow. That is definitely not what I was describing. I just kinda got lightly swatted and it was like "Ok, what?" I've gotten big thunked before though. Not fun.

Sounds like a really great night at the party!! Awesome that you were able to experience so much with the low crowds and no rain. MNSSHP is still on my list for someday! It looks like so much fun.

It was! The best party to end my MNSSHP nights on. And YES, you NEED to go. It is the best party Disney offers overall. Never a bad time. Fingers crossed for you.

There's A Hurricane Coming, Want To Go To Epcot?
9/3/19: Hurricane Dorian Day!

Today I was technically scheduled to work. Of course, it was the day Dorian was supposed to hit us so as soon as I woke up I went to check on that. The shift trade pages were a-buzz with what that meant. I eventually found out that Studios was closing at 2pm. My shift started at 3pm on this day so I assumed I wasn't going in, but I called just in case and my suspicions were confirmed so I was off for the day! Woohoo!

It was about this time that Adam messaged me asking if I wanted to get donuts and I said "Sure!" I mean, why not? What better way to celebrate!

We originally planned to get Krispy Kreme, but like a lot of certain places they were closed for the day (definitely similar vibes to those felt during this COVID-19 madness). This was particularly devastating to Adam, but I immediately suggested Dunks instead, which he conceded to. I ended up getting a Blue Raspberry Coolatta and some munchkins, which if you couldn't tell, I was pretty excited about.

We went back to Vista and not long after I started enjoying my little munchkins, I saw that Epcot's hours had been extended. Everywhere else was shuttering at like 2 or 3, but Epcot was open until 7pm. Immediately I started downing as many munchkins as I could and started to get changed. With this sudden change of events to go spend the day at Epcot, Zach (@AMusicLifeForMe) texted me asking if I wanted to go to Epcot with him. He'd swing by housing to get me. That was even better than taking the bus so I said sure! A day on planet replaced by one at a fairly quiet Epcot during Food & Wine? I loved it!

Epcot as we expected was quiet but definitely shown an uptick in people arriving at the park. When you're the only park opened for a few extra hours, I'd go too.

Epcot was VERY windy on this day. You know how normally the area under Spaceship Earth is a crazy wind tunnel? It was that a million times over. You had to push through it it was so wild. I've had a few days like this since but this was my first time dealing with that. It felt like the calm before the storm in a way, like that was what we were in for.

Obviously, when you're with Zach and you know that there is only one more Voices of Liberty performance that's where you go first. Of course, we had to get this pic real quick since it was so empty.

We then rushed on over to the American Adventure to catch the last performance. I noted all the preparations they were making for the hurricane around the pavilions.

We also saw that all the food booths around World Showcase were closing up shop at this time. World Showcase in general looked to be pretty shut down. It was wild to see it as quiet as it was especially during F&W season.

Eventually, we got to American Adventure.

Soon enough, it was time for Voices!

Click to watch!

I wish I had made a note of what else they sang. I know it was a rather short set, but it was a nice one to sit and listen to. After they were finished, I stuck around with Zach as he talked with some of his friends and such. I kinda just lingered until the Voices crew had disperse and he and I went over to the Mexico pavilion to ride Gran Fiesta Tour.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

From there, we decided to go over to Soarin'. The wait was down a lot over there. Then immediately after, I implored Zach to go on Figment. I just have to do Figment when I have the time to do it. I HAVE TO.

Click to watch!

Entertainment was basically done in ImageWorks for the day so I asked Zach to get some photos I always wanted.

I really liked that second one. The mood it exudes, I love it.

We both were feeling pretty hungry at this point so we decided to go hit up some of the F&W booths. The Next Eats booths were pretty close by so we went there. Zach also said he owed me for getting him into that Galaxy's Edge preview. I said that that wasn't necessary since I thought of it as more of returning the favor for getting me into The Lion King viewing. He insisted and ended up paying for my Next Eats... eats. I was very thankful.

So what did we get at Next Eats?

We went to Active Eats first because I HAD to try the Loaded Mac N Cheese everyone talked about.

Loaded Macaroni & Cheese With Nueske's Pepper Bacon, Cheddar Cheese and Leeks

It totally exceeded every expectation I had of this dish. I thought it would be overly processed, but no this was fresh Mac N Cheese. Not only that, it was perfectly savor and delicious. My mouth is watering thinking about it. It also had a little kick to it with the pepper bacon. Not a big kick as in "HOLY HABANERO" kick, but it made it a bit more exciting to eat. I borderline swallowed it whole. For sure, I'd be returning for this one again.

After Active Eats, we went to Earth Eats, which was the vegan booth, and I decided to try the Impossible Burger since my vegan/vegetarian friends had recommended that.

The Impossible Burger Slider with Wasabi Cream and Spicy Asian Slaw on a Sesame Seed Bun

Honestly, this wasn't as spicy as the Loaded Mac N Cheese. It was still very good. I think having it come after the divinity that was the mac n cheese was a bit unfair, but it was good. Later on when we got a little grill backstage at Galaxy's Edge, I ended up really loving these more so than your regular beef patty. They just digested a bit better. Today, I thought of it as satisfying.

Lastly, we we went to Coastal Eats. I wasn't too familiar with this menu. I do remember Zach got the scallop and shrimp scampi while I got the bass tostada.

Pacifico True Striped Bass Tostada

This was disappointing. It was pretty bland for such a large portion. Fish like bass need major seasoning and this just didn't cut it. Zach offered to get me the scampi but I told him that he already bought me a dish from each booth, he didn't need to give me a back-up. It was food and it wasn't horrible so I finished, but I knew I'd be back eventually to get the scampi since Zach was raving about it.

Once we finished our fish, we decided to go back into World Showcase to just enjoy a relatively quiet World Showcase. Along the way, I believe we found some place to get some water after all that food. It was needed, we were parched.

Perfect size.

We stopped in the UK for a bit to just enjoy the quiet and take in how nice it was in the back there. Nothing was open, but it was a nice break from the usual loudness and craziness of Epcot at this time.

Click to watch!

We sat there for a bit enjoying the quiet and just talking. Eventually, Zach and I decided to have a photoshoot at one of the doors. It felt very Mary Poppins. It even prompted a discussion where they were gonna put the new attraction that was coming. There didn't look like there was room. We'll find out eventually though I'm sure.

We then started to head out when we noticed that Alice was still meeting out in her usual spot. She barely had a line so I hopped in to go meet her. Zach took a whole video of our meet as well as photos.

Click to watch!

It was a wonderful little meet with Alice talking about growing too big and how to shrink back down, the White Rabbit and the like. It was really fun.

Zach and I decided to continue on our way as I decided that this fairly empty World Showcase was the perfect time for a worldwide photoshoot tour. Alexa play "Worldwide" by Big Time Rush.

giphy.gif

Continue Here

Last edited:
Say Hello To The New Poster Child For World Showcase!
9/3/19: Hurricane Dorian Day!

And so began, the best photoshoot I've had on Disney property. Thank you again to Zach (@AMusicLifeForMe) for indulging me on this! This was really fun for me.

We had left the UK so the next pavilion we hit was France. For some reason, we ended up skipping getting a photo here. Possibly because I have quite a few photos from around this pavilion, possibly because we just skipped it and didn't realize.

The world tour began in Morocco then!

Morocco is such an underrated pavilion. So many hidden gems.

We left Morocco and continued over to Japan.

Hope the Koi will be ok during the hurricane.

One day I'll visit you. One day. I love you Japan so much.

We skipped over America since there really isn't anything to take photos with there and continued on to Italy. The home of my heritage.

Such a beautiful pavilion. That promenade is breathtaking. What I'd do to live out my Call Me By Your Name fantasy here.

giphy.gif

We continued on to Germany where we mostly just took pics on their own little lagoon side area. It was blustery as heck today so it was definitely an effort sometimes getting photos along the lagoon.

We then traveled onto China, another pavilion of my dreams.

I really had hoped to get some photos inside the Shanghai Disney exhibit, but it was closed along with all the indoor locations. Happy reopening to them by the way!

There was one cast member hanging around at there and she had a Mushu plush that I just had to get a photo with. She was very sweet when I asked if I could take a photo with him and even removed the pin lanyard he had around him. For someone who missed the opportunity big time to meet him during Photopass day in 2016, I now got my Mushu photo.

We spent so much time at China, it was time to continue on to the lovely Norway.

That last photo really makes me miss Maelstrom when you could see the little viking ships going past as they almost went over the falls then turned towards that weird root monster and down that last little drop. *sad sigh*

We were now at the end of our run, since I didn't feel an urge to go back around to Canada and the park was closing soon anyways. We stopped in Mexico but with the inside closed there was not much to take photos with. Instead... I got this reject of a photo that I'm so gonna regret later sharing with the class.

There was an idea. A decent idea. The execution on the other hand... terrible.

We walked out of World Showcase from there, planning on just making that the end of our day.

However, when we got to the wild wind tunnel that was underneath Spaceship Earth, we couldn't possibly pass up doing one last ride on her. So that's what we did.

Click to watch!

As you can tell, the camera didn't get either of us this time. We have to laugh.

After that ride, it was officially goodbye to Epcot until after Dorian!

Zach drove me back to Vista. I thanked him for a great day and got ready for my evening at home. Lucky for me, Adam and his roommates were hosting a hurricane party so I ended up going there that night. We had a lot of fun and I befriended all his roommates and his friends. I was there until probably about 4am which is crazy, but considering how us early 20-somethings go about partying... not surprising. I mean, we watched quite a few great movies on the projector they had such as the Eddie Murphy classic, The Haunted Mansion, and just a classic classic Back to the Future! We did have a pretty funny reaction to when the rain storm that was an off-shoot of what was supposed to hit us with Dorian I considered sharing, but that video has some rather colorful and not DIS-appropriate language/content soooo I'll leave that up to the imagination. It was a good end to the day.

Overall, Dorian's presence went from a lot of panic in the days leading up to a rather fun day so thank you Dorian. Thank you for giving me a really fun two days off that I wouldn't have otherwise if it weren't for you. We have decided to stan.

It was however right back to being a gatherer on Batuu the next day so hopefully I got enough sleep at 4am for that.

Continue Here

Last edited:
Good afternoon and happy birthday to me today!

WeoA.gif

It is definitely a weird one considering I can't shake the thought of what today would have been had the whole world had not done a 180 on all of us. I'm making the best of it though and I think writing about one of my favorite days working at Disney is gonna be just the right medicine for this. Hope you enjoy hearing about this one!

Three Hours Early And A MAGIC BAND?!?!

8/29/19: Opening Day Of Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge

It's here! The day had come! Time to lift those travel restrictions and say 'Bright Suns!' to all those eager travelers. Black Spire Outpost was officially open for business! Of course, it's important to note Rise of the Resistance still had not been finished but everything else was so it was to be opened to off-worlders.

Since I held off on it, here is a reminder of who was there making sure all travelers had a good time this day. Unless they somehow got an RDO (Requested Day Off) on this day.

(For the record, I'm only in the nighttime photo so don't bother looking for me in the morning one)

Now, here is how my day went. I woke up mega early even though I didn't have to be in until around noon. The rumor was that it would be a madhouse getting into Studios so I wanted to prepare for potentially the worst traffic possible or being held up for every reason possible. I just did NOT want to be late. So I ended up catching a bus that would get me there hours early.

Yup, I was absolutely insane, but I had not been late to a shift a day in my life. Not one day.

There ended up being no traffic. It was like another day so yes, I was about to arrive 3 hours early to an already 12 hour shift. Smart.

Luckily when I came in, it was hopping backstage. Balloons everywhere, all the new Galaxy's Edge and new Studios banners put up by costuming, etc. It felt like a new Studios today. The best part was walking out of cast services and they had an army of cast experience cast members out once again with the photo ops and gifts for us. I first went to get my cast gift. The gift included a special reusable bag that contained the opening day Galaxy's Edge map, a booklet on the land and a bunch of promotional material that you'd only get on this day. But the creme de la creme.

Click to watch!

Yes, you're seeing and hearing right, AN OPENING DAY ONLY CAST MEMBER EXCLUSIVE MAGIC BAND!! It said it all on the band, including the exact date of opening. I was so gagged. I immediately ran to put it in my locker along with the rest of my stuff. There was no way I was losing this as much as I wanted to have it with me all day, but I was smart about one thing.

(I'm gonna say that despite how careful I was with that Magic Band I did lose that band. I was so mad because I lost it on the day of my CP graduation and I was hanging out with my cast that night. I still have no clue where I lost it or how I did. I will say I was talking about how I was still bitter that the MB was given to anyone who worked in Studios that day, not specifically SWGE CMs so it might be karma but still I DESERVED THAT BAND. It was locked in on my wrist, or so I thought, per usual as tends to be the case with wristbands. I never lost a band off my wrist in my life but this one just disappeared. For all I know it's hidden somewhere and will pop up, but I couldn't find it in my apartment, my complex, my friend's car, Springs didn't find it anywhere... so as far as I know it's long gone. I'll forever be sad about it, especially since I still have the box I kept it in whenever I wasn't wearing it. *sad sigh*)

After that, I went back out and got photos at the photo op which included a bunch of lightsabers and props specifically made for opening day.

I was really hamming it up with this and the cast member who ran this became one of my biggest fans. She just loved gassing me up for the photos. In all honesty, these photo ops never got old to me and you'll be seeing me serving for them a few more times during this program.

After that, I still had two hours to go until I was to start so I went inside the Welcome Center and just waited. I did see Susan, one of my favorite EHH people that I ran into on multiple occasions, which was nice. She kept me occupied for a moment while I waited for my shift time to get closer. Of course, she could only talk for so long. Most of my time in the Welcome Center I was just on my phone, editing the photos I had just taken as well as listen to as much 'pump up' music as I could. It probably was mostly the Paint the Night soundtrack that is perfect for occasions like this. Eventually, it was time to head on over and clock in.

When I came in, I ran into so many of the morning crew who told me it was pretty crazy but not too too bad, which was reassuring. I did hear however that Savi's was a bit more intense than everywhere else, as expected, since we had had a 3 hour wait for our standby all day which was the max we could have for that day. The add-end was people's patience were being tested so yeah fingers crossed I wasn't standby greeter that day. (For the record, we no longer have standby at Savi's (or anything there at the moment) and it's all reservations, partly because of what happened with it during opening weekend. Just an FYI, since a lot of this is very old news.)

To keep it short since I don't have photos, it was a long day but a really fun one that went by really fast. I spent most of the day inside the workshop as a gatherer. Everyone was really nice and really happy to be there. Entertainment also gave us a special gift for those of us who were working in Savi's.

It was really just your regular Hershey bar, but the little wrapping they made was so adorable. I still have that wrapping, safely kept.

It was a long day and there's probably a ton of great memories and guests from that day but there are a few I can immediately think of. First was the end of the night when I was corral (or as we called it then 'bullpen'), which was the person who sat people on the data pad and let them into the waiting area. We were done with letting in shows so I sat with this family who spent the whole day at the parks and just managed to get one more person in their family into a show at the end of the night. I talked with them for a bit about Batuu, Black Spire, the droid they had built and their day. I hadn't had another moment like that since where I really got to spend time with a guest. It was nice, despite both of us being exhausted and Gerry, my coordinator, coming out to get me in the midst of that. Another was earlier in the day when I was Gatherer 4 inside (who gets two builders directly near the door) and I got this newly engaged couple, who were building sabers and I was their single gatherer. They had such great energy and it just warmed my heart their saber choices so I was being so extra with them. May or may not have cried after that show, they were so lovely. I also think I might've gotten a cast compliment on this day along with some special grape sodas (cast member way of giving each other recognition) on my hub account. It really was such a great day.

After all was said and done, I did end up getting ER'd since we ended up being so on top of a lot of things. With that though, I made it through opening day. OFFICIALLY.

This also meant I was allowed to treat myself when I got home.

I slept well that night. Of course, I was back at it again the next day nonetheless. BUT a new era had truly begun.

'Til the spire!

Continue Here
Happy Birthday! Thanks for continuing your report and spreading a little Disney sunshine!

Such a fun little World Showcase adventure!!! Hard to even imagine the parks being so empty that you were able to get all those great shots with zero intruders!!

Love them all; nice work, @AMusicLifeForMe :) Good shots, Zach!

Happy Birthday! Thanks for continuing your report and spreading a little Disney sunshine!

Thank you! And of course. I hope it's helping everyone get through this as much as it is for me. :teeth:

Such a fun little World Showcase adventure!!! Hard to even imagine the parks being so empty that you were able to get all those great shots with zero intruders!!

Love them all; nice work, @AMusicLifeForMe :) Good shots, Zach!

I KNOW, RIGHT?! We very much were the only ones in World Showcase at one point. There was absolutely nobody. Easily the most quiet I had seen a park in the middle of the day.

Loved your World Showcase Photo Tour!
Glad Dorian wasn't what they expected and hope you weren't too tired on Batuu!

Thank you! And yeah, that goes for two hurricanes that never turned out as bad as I expected. I'd really hope my experience with hurricanes continues to be that way.

That Time I Had Splash Mountain To Myself And Some Other Things
9/4 – 9/7/19: With Some Fun Before & After Work

September 4th, 2019

It was back at Savi's workshop today! I don't remember much about what happened today but I'm like 70% sure that this was the day I had one of my most difficult builds ever. I had finished up with my other builders when this one's builders hilts just did not work. I ended up switching out four chassis, each time, having to rebuild and disassemble the hilt. It lasted so long, Kembe ran out of things to talk about so by the end I finally got it to work properly, the entire workshop applauded. I ended up receiving two Four Keys cards, one from my trainer Shana and another from my co-worker, Michael. Quite a difficult moment. One of a very many builds that sticks out in my mind the most.

September 5th, 2019

I had an earlier shift today, from which I don't remember really anything. Today was the day when we got a special treat of Capri Suns and Moon Pies. These were basically an inside joke since guests would not understand why we greeted with "Bright suns" and "Rising moons" so "Capri suns" was one we got constantly. It was a fun little treat to have.

After work, I decided to go meet up with Alan at Magic Kingdom. At first I was gonna do my own thing, but he messaged me so I decided I'd hang out with him. Before I caught the bus to MK, I had to take a photo of how beautiful the sky was at this hour. Stunning.

I was bound straight for Magic Kingdom directly from Studios when I come to find out that Alan was headed for the Contemporary to go see Peter Pan, whom his roommate was hanging out with that night, so I had to re-route myself. Unfortunately, this was where I discovered how messed up the new security system is at MK. Because of where they place it, there's no way you can go to the Contemporary without having to go through security. It was really annoying because the lines were so long, but I did it.

With all that, I thought I'd have left Alan waiting. Heck, when I was walking through the bus area, I almost got accosted by Peter Pan when he came flying out of a backstage door. By the time I got inside the Contemporary and messaged him, I found out he was still in Magic Kingdom! All the way in Frontierland, his favorite place no less. Even with my inconvenience, he was still there.

Needless to say, I was pretty mad.

I was trying to be a good friend by waiting for him like he said since he apparently just could take his time meeting up with me even if he told me to go immediately the Contemporary. I ended up waiting forever, did not get to run into Peter Pan, saw that he had this cute Nana plush that I oh so desperately wanted (he was giving it as a gift to Peter) and then was asked to stick around for Happily Ever After. At that point, I felt I had wasted too much time so I politely told him I was bouncing and went to Magic Kingdom while HEA started, racing through the Emporium to a very particular destination.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

I managed to make it here before post-fireworks insanity.

And I ended up getting a log to myself with nobody behind me and nobody in front. It was crazy. One of the most enjoyable rides ever on Splash.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

When I got off Splash, the park was still opened a little bit longer so I went over to go ride Big Thunder as well.

Click to BOOMERANG!

Click to watch!

All-in-all, the night turned out a bit better than I thought. I had hoped to go into the Briar Patch to see if I could find that Nana plush but they closed long before I got there. A shame. Never found that Nana plush anywhere ever again.

I was hungry at this point so I decided to head over to the hub grass for some chili cheese fries from Casey's.

I enjoyed that immensely on the completely barren hub grass. Ah, I miss when these nights were a regular thing.

When I had finished, I started to head out and caught some cute little castle shows as I walked out.

Click to watch!

I also decided to stop in the Main Street Starbucks to get a Pumpkin Spice Latte. I was really craving it and I ended up getting a really sweet CM ring me up. She did such a cute job with writing my name.

After that, it was goodnight Magic Kingdom.

I happened to catch a relatively unpacked bus so it was smooth sailing getting home. With a night that didn't exactly start out on a good note, I was feeling pretty good at the end of it all. The universe probably just balancing itself out. I liked that. I slept well after all this, even if I did down a PSL not long beforehand.

September 6th, 2019

It was to be another pretty insignificant day on planet, if I hadn't gotten one special visitor.

I probably mentioned him once or twice before, but that is Carson. Carson was the third roommate from my first program. He came in to fill the empty bed in Joseph's room so I never got a photo with him. He had recently just gotten married to Kim, a girl he met during his CP who spent many many nights at our apartment. I knew he had mentioned building a saber but I never thought I'd get to be his builder. I did have to switch with another gatherer to do it but it worked out. It felt like a pretty full circle moment for both of us considering how much him and my other roommates would have lightsaber battles while I looked on in disdain (Seriously the fact nobody got hurt is beyond me). Yet another pretty memorable build from this week.

September 7th, 2019

I originally didn't have anything written much on this day, but based on my snapchat I apparently went to Epcot before going into work. I genuinely don't know what happened, but here's just a photo dump of a morning in Epcot that I apparently forgot about.

Based on what I'm checking about this day, it was the last day that the original C-Spot (Character Spot) locations were being open as well as Club Cool and Fountain of Nations. I had stopped by just to enjoy them all one last time. Enjoy these little snippets of me saying goodbye to all of them.

Last Moments in OG C-Spot

Click to watch

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

I never spent much time in here this program as I did my first, but I have many amazing memories. From the day one of the character attendants walked me through meeting Mickey, Minnie and Goofy in C-Spot to my last day meeting Joy and Sadness when Sadness made me cry and they gave me an amazing group hug, I really was gonna miss it. Luckily, they rearranged a lot of their meets, but Sadness was officially cut after this day and Baymax as well I believe. I didn't care for Baymax's meet all that much, but Sadness... that was a loss. Sorry, she was more fun to meet than Joy was. Also, this is making me want to watch Inside Out. AHHH, TANGENTS.

Last Time Watching The Fountain of Nations

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

It still blows my mind to this day that they ever got rid of this. This was easily one of the most significant centerpieces in Epcot. Opening day of the park, all the nations represented in World Showcase along with many others, brought water from their countries of which were poured in there so it truly was a Fountain of Nations. I always took a moment to watch them whenever I was in the park. It was so serene and relaxing and beautiful. Also, the soundtrack is fabulous. My favorite was the Millennium Celebration theme since it was the only place in the park that preserved it. If you listen closely in that first video, you can hear it. It always reminded me of that Disney Planning VHS I wore out watching back when I was younger and had never been to the parks. It brought me back to the reason why I was here and why I loved these parks so dang much. Gosh, this is definitely up there with a loss I will never get over and I think it's the top loss for me at Epcot (maybe beat by losing the original Test Track for Tron Track).

One Last Drink in Club Cool

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Where I always stopped in the Ghirardelli Soda Shop at DCA to get free samples before work, I always had to stop in here for a few shots of soda, but mostly Fanta Melon Frosty, before doing whatever. Club Cool was such a constant and Fanta Melon Frosty was a staple for me. Also, luring unsuspecting victims like my mom and sisters to try the Beverly was one of my favorite evil things to do. Heck, one could never forget my first time trying it where I ran around the store trying to find another soda to wash it down but it was so packed in there. Another I miss every day.

This was also the last day of FountainView, which was a lovely Starbucks location but they've since reopened another so I wasn't too bent on visiting there.

I did however pick up a quick bite to eat.

What can I say? I really love Loaded Mac N Cheese.

At that point, I was cutting it close so I booked it on back to Studios knowing a good chunk of the Epcot I loved was basically gone today. Hopefully next time we all return to Epcot, Future World will be a little bit back in sorts.

At work today, I had a pretty crazy day. I mentioned before that I had this annoying cough that would not go away. Well, today was when it became a real problem. While I was in the middle of a reset, I bent over to pick up some bento boxes and somehow I just had my body in the right position, coughed the right way and...

OUCH, I was real sore in my rib. I had to stop doing the reset and help elsewhere where I could stand up instead of leaning on it.

I thought maybe it would go away so I acted like nothing happened, but no I very much did something not good to my body. I ended up telling my COD (Coordinator on Duty) at the time, David, later in the day who almost ROS'd me on the spot he was so concerned. ROS stands for Relief of Shift if I didn't mention it already. This is when they let you off of a work really early usually for pretty dire reasons like medical issues or whatever (many CPs were ROS'd the day we were told we were being sent home). In the end, I toughened it out until midnight, but with him and other leaders and coordinators in the know I ended up calling out for the next day. I was already planning on calling out since this was Halloween Horror Nights opening weekend and I hoped to go yet couldn't get someone to take one of my shifts so I was just gonna take the point. Now it looked like that wasn't gonna happen with me having a sore rib. I mean, who knows what the problem was?

As far as I know, the next day I was gonna be in bed icing my chest and watching Netflix. Good thing my expectations were lowered by all this hehe

Continue Here

Last edited:
I agree with you about the fountain! We used to get coffee and sit and watch the waters dancing to Christmas music.... and don't even get me started on Illuminations. I know it's not everyone's favorite but we would go night after night (and yes, tears were shed).

Glad you were able to end your night at MK with a solo log ride and a ride through the wilderness :) I would be SO aggravated by the inconvenience you experienced with that whole Alan debacle!!

Ouch to the sore rib!! Glad you were able to work through it for the evening, but hopeful you rested up and made it to HHN!!

That Time I Had Splash Mountain To Myself And Some Other Things
9/4 – 9/7/19: With Some Fun Before & After Work

September 4th, 2019

It was back at Savi's workshop today! I don't remember much about what happened today but I'm like 70% sure that this was the day I had one of my most difficult builds ever. I had finished up with my other builders when this one's builders hilts just did not work. I ended up switching out four chassis, each time, having to rebuild and disassemble the hilt. It lasted so long, Kembe ran out of things to talk about so by the end I finally got it to work properly, the entire workshop applauded. I ended up receiving two Four Keys cards, one from my trainer Shana and another from my co-worker, Michael. Quite a difficult moment. One of a very many builds that sticks out in my mind the most.

September 5th, 2019

I had an earlier shift today, from which I don't remember really anything. Today was the day when we got a special treat of Capri Suns and Moon Pies. These were basically an inside joke since guests would not understand why we greeted with "Bright suns" and "Rising moons" so "Capri suns" was one we got constantly. It was a fun little treat to have.

After work, I decided to go meet up with Alan at Magic Kingdom. At first I was gonna do my own thing, but he messaged me so I decided I'd hang out with him. Before I caught the bus to MK, I had to take a photo of how beautiful the sky was at this hour. Stunning.

I was bound straight for Magic Kingdom directly from Studios when I come to find out that Alan was headed for the Contemporary to go see Peter Pan, whom his roommate was hanging out with that night, so I had to re-route myself. Unfortunately, this was where I discovered how messed up the new security system is at MK. Because of where they place it, there's no way you can go to the Contemporary without having to go through security. It was really annoying because the lines were so long, but I did it.

With all that, I thought I'd have left Alan waiting. Heck, when I was walking through the bus area, I almost got accosted by Peter Pan when he came flying out of a backstage door. By the time I got inside the Contemporary and messaged him, I found out he was still in Magic Kingdom! All the way in Frontierland, his favorite place no less. Even with my inconvenience, he was still there.

Needless to say, I was pretty mad.

I was trying to be a good friend by waiting for him like he said since he apparently just could take his time meeting up with me even if he told me to go immediately the Contemporary. I ended up waiting forever, did not get to run into Peter Pan, saw that he had this cute Nana plush that I oh so desperately wanted (he was giving it as a gift to Peter) and then was asked to stick around for Happily Ever After. At that point, I felt I had wasted too much time so I politely told him I was bouncing and went to Magic Kingdom while HEA started, racing through the Emporium to a very particular destination.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

I managed to make it here before post-fireworks insanity.

And I ended up getting a log to myself with nobody behind me and nobody in front. It was crazy. One of the most enjoyable rides ever on Splash.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

When I got off Splash, the park was still opened a little bit longer so I went over to go ride Big Thunder as well.

Click to BOOMERANG!

Click to watch!

All-in-all, the night turned out a bit better than I thought. I had hoped to go into the Briar Patch to see if I could find that Nana plush but they closed long before I got there. A shame. Never found that Nana plush anywhere ever again.

I was hungry at this point so I decided to head over to the hub grass for some chili cheese fries from Casey's.

I enjoyed that immensely on the completely barren hub grass. Ah, I miss when these nights were a regular thing.

When I had finished, I started to head out and caught some cute little castle shows as I walked out.

Click to watch!

I also decided to stop in the Main Street Starbucks to get a Pumpkin Spice Latte. I was really craving it and I ended up getting a really sweet CM ring me up. She did such a cute job with writing my name.

After that, it was goodnight Magic Kingdom.

I happened to catch a relatively unpacked bus so it was smooth sailing getting home. With a night that didn't exactly start out on a good note, I was feeling pretty good at the end of it all. The universe probably just balancing itself out. I liked that. I slept well after all this, even if I did down a PSL not long beforehand.

September 6th, 2019

It was to be another pretty insignificant day on planet, if I hadn't gotten one special visitor.

I probably mentioned him once or twice before, but that is Carson. Carson was the third roommate from my first program. He came in to fill the empty bed in Joseph's room so I never got a photo with him. He had recently just gotten married to Kim, a girl he met during his CP who spent many many nights at our apartment. I knew he had mentioned building a saber but I never thought I'd get to be his builder. I did have to switch with another gatherer to do it but it worked out. It felt like a pretty full circle moment for both of us considering how much him and my other roommates would have lightsaber battles while I looked on in disdain (Seriously the fact nobody got hurt is beyond me). Yet another pretty memorable build from this week.

September 7th, 2019

I originally didn't have anything written much on this day, but based on my snapchat I apparently went to Epcot before going into work. I genuinely don't know what happened, but here's just a photo dump of a morning in Epcot that I apparently forgot about.

Based on what I'm checking about this day, it was the last day that the original C-Spot (Character Spot) locations were being open as well as Club Cool and Fountain of Nations. I had stopped by just to enjoy them all one last time. Enjoy these little snippets of me saying goodbye to all of them.

Last Moments in OG C-Spot

Click to watch

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

I never spent much time in here this program as I did my first, but I have many amazing memories. From the day one of the character attendants walked me through meeting Mickey, Minnie and Goofy in C-Spot to my last day meeting Joy and Sadness when Sadness made me cry and they gave me an amazing group hug, I really was gonna miss it. Luckily, they rearranged a lot of their meets, but Sadness was officially cut after this day and Baymax as well I believe. I didn't care for Baymax's meet all that much, but Sadness... that was a loss. Sorry, she was more fun to meet than Joy was. Also, this is making me want to watch Inside Out. AHHH, TANGENTS.

Last Time Watching The Fountain of Nations

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

It still blows my mind to this day that they ever got rid of this. This was easily one of the most significant centerpieces in Epcot. Opening day of the park, all the nations represented in World Showcase along with many others, brought water from their countries of which were poured in there so it truly was a Fountain of Nations. I always took a moment to watch them whenever I was in the park. It was so serene and relaxing and beautiful. Also, the soundtrack is fabulous. My favorite was the Millennium Celebration theme since it was the only place in the park that preserved it. If you listen closely in that first video, you can hear it. It always reminded me of that Disney Planning VHS I wore out watching back when I was younger and had never been to the parks. It brought me back to the reason why I was here and why I loved these parks so dang much. Gosh, this is definitely up there with a loss I will never get over and I think it's the top loss for me at Epcot (maybe beat by losing the original Test Track for Tron Track).

One Last Drink in Club Cool

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Where I always stopped in the Ghirardelli Soda Shop at DCA to get free samples before work, I always had to stop in here for a few shots of soda, but mostly Fanta Melon Frosty, before doing whatever. Club Cool was such a constant and Fanta Melon Frosty was a staple for me. Also, luring unsuspecting victims like my mom and sisters to try the Beverly was one of my favorite evil things to do. Heck, one could never forget my first time trying it where I ran around the store trying to find another soda to wash it down but it was so packed in there. Another I miss every day.

This was also the last day of FountainView, which was a lovely Starbucks location but they've since reopened another so I wasn't too bent on visiting there.

I did however pick up a quick bite to eat.

What can I say? I really love Loaded Mac N Cheese.

At that point, I was cutting it close so I booked it on back to Studios knowing a good chunk of the Epcot I loved was basically gone today. Hopefully next time we all return to Epcot, Future World will be a little bit back in sorts.

At work today, I had a pretty crazy day. I mentioned before that I had this annoying cough that would not go away. Well, today was when it became a real problem. While I was in the middle of a reset, I bent over to pick up some bento boxes and somehow I just had my body in the right position, coughed the right way and...

OUCH, I was real sore in my rib. I had to stop doing the reset and help elsewhere where I could stand up instead of leaning on it.

I thought maybe it would go away so I acted like nothing happened, but no I very much did something not good to my body. I ended up telling my COD (Coordinator on Duty) at the time, David, later in the day who almost ROS'd me on the spot he was so concerned. ROS stands for Relief of Shift if I didn't mention it already. This is when they let you off of a work really early usually for pretty dire reasons like medical issues or whatever (many CPs were ROS'd the day we were told we were being sent home). In the end, I toughened it out until midnight, but with him and other leaders and coordinators in the know I ended up calling out for the next day. I was already planning on calling out since this was Halloween Horror Nights opening weekend and I hoped to go yet couldn't get someone to take one of my shifts so I was just gonna take the point. Now it looked like that wasn't gonna happen with me having a sore rib. I mean, who knows what the problem was?

As far as I know, the next day I was gonna be in bed icing my chest and watching Netflix. Good thing my expectations were lowered by all this hehe

Continue Here
Inside Out is the best movie of all time! I'll stand by that forever.

The Dynamic Duo Finish Off Another Scary Fabulous Evening
9/2/19: Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party Part Two

Cassidy and I now being able to do our thing together, we saw that Space still had a rather short wait so we ran over to go ride again. This ended up being a smart move since the fireworks crowds came on through doubling the wait, which wasn't bad considering how low it was, but that was our last ride on Space that night.

We then went over to go see how long the wait was for Lotso. Cassidy really wanted to meet him to see if he smelled like strawberries. I told her he didn't but she still wanted to and I had no problem meeting him, he gives really nice hugs for such a villainous plush bear.

I don't remember specifics, but it was a sweet meet. Nothing remarkable, but nice.

I also remembered that my roommate Will had told me he was going to be with the grave diggers tonight so we headed over that way to meet them. It also was a meet that wasn't there on my first program (Jack and Sally met in their spot before) so I was hype for this one. (For the record, this might've happened earlier in the night but I neglected to mention it in my notes.)

They barely have a wait so we basically walked right up to meet them.

It was more-so a photo than a M&G. They don't speak and just glare at you. They also point at where you should go. Like when the M&G ends they point to the exit. It was still pretty funny since it was so intense for no reason whatsoever. Unfortunately, Will wasn't able to meet up with there, but as you can see, those grave diggers sent their coldest regards hehe

I then went to Main Street since Cassidy and I both wanted to meet Mickey. I also remembered that I wanted to go and stop by to say hi to Emily who was working at Tony's that night.

Click to watch!

When we got to Town Square and walked up to Tony's, I saw Emily hanging out by the entrance to the little porch so we said hi there. We talked for a little bit since I found out they literally had nobody around in there. She said we could probably come in to meet Cruella even without a reservation, it was THAT dead. Also in the time that we were out there, Cruella actually came up to me with a twinkle in her eye for me. While clearly Max would not be happy to meet Cruella, Timmy was so of course I greeted her. Emily gave me the weirdest look. After that, we said goodbye and Cassidy and I went inside Town Square to go meet Mickey.

Mickey still had a bit of a wait, but I've waited WAY longer for him so I was more than happy to wait in this. Also, it was Mickey in his cute Halloween costume with all the celebration decor behind him. An interesting contrast.

In all honesty, I kinda wish this was the costume he wore in Boo To You now and we met him in that other costume. I like it better.

Mickey was still fun. He was kinda awkward, accidentally slapping both Cassidy and I in the face, but we had fun talking with him. About what I could not tell you hence why I only have two photos for this lol I'm pretty sure we were doting over him in his Halloween best.

After meeting Mickey, which let out to another candy spot, we decided to go back to Adventureland. When we entered Adventureland, we saw some silly shenanigans going down with the Tarzan crew.

Click to watch!

We also stopped by the Jungle Cruise treat trail where we saw Matt once again. He was just as fun as last time. We talked with him a bit and he even gave us extra candy. How nice!

We also decided to go check out the one other attraction overlay we hadn't done which was the Pirates with the actors in the queue and on the ride. I hadn't heard great reviews about this, but we had the time so why not?

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

I've got to agree with everyone, I don't really get the point of this overlay. The actors in the queue are fun since you can stop and talk and really interact with them. On the ride, the fun of that is lost. Also, I take major pity on this ride since I LOOOOVVVEEE the Disneyland version which is WAAAY better so it just all felt like a bit of a waste of time. I would rather ride Deep Space Mountain again.

Once we got off Pirates, Cassidy asked if we could go meet Moana. I said sure! I know many hadn't really met her since she never got a permanent M&G like she was supposed to. I really was lucky to have met her all the times I did when she was in that temporary spot in Studios in 2016. Meeting her tonight at MNSSHP was the only time we could meet her. However, we had no clue where she met. I saw photos from years past but this year I had no clue so we wandered Adventureland for a bit trying to find her until we finally asked someone and she actually was in the Tiki Room which we passed by multiple times. Smart us.

She ended up not having a line at all so we basically had as much time as we wanted with Moana. It was pretty cool. I'm sure most days she has a line for days, but again IT WAS THAT DEAD so we lucked out. Thanks again Dorian!

It was a really fun meet. Cassidy and Moana talked the most but Moana tried to include me as well. She actually gave us a cool fun fact about her and Pua's names. In Hawaiian, Pua actually means 'flower' and Moana means 'the ocean' or 'a large body of water', which I never knew. Makes sense though.

We didn't stay long and headed out. It was awkward leaving since you don't exit through the Tiki Room like the old treat trail used to work and had to go out the way you came in so I was all turned around. The attendants were so nice about it. They also gave us lollipops here I believe. Then when we exited, Taylor, someone I met on the CP pages, was actually at the exit giving out more candy. It definitely took us a moment to remember each other, but we eventually connected the dots. We didn't talk for too long, just discussing how dead it was and how nobody was there then Cassidy and I went on her way.

We were pretty tired by now, but we both wanted to see Hocus Pocus again. Also, by going there now, it gave us time to get a good spot and relax a bit. I also really wanted that Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket a chunk of my group from the last time I went to the party got. I went with Cassidy, following the last Boo To You out through the hub to get a spot in front of the stage then ran over to the popcorn cart to go get the Oogie Boogie bucket.

Click to watch!

On my way back, I got a message from Adam, a friend from the CP pages who was at the party, asking to meet up. I said I was headed to HoPo and he was too with his friend Emily. I met them near the hub. They were dressed up as Hurricane Dorian (Emily) and Adam as some notable weather man whose name I don't know. Very last minute, but very appropriate. They apparently got a lot of good responses to them throughout the night. I walked them over with me to Cassidy who was now caught in the crowd at HoPo but she still held a decent spot for us. Again, it was pretty dead so there wasn't a lot of people there to begin with.

The show started not long after we got there. Great timing.

Click to BOOMERANG!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to BOOMERANG!

The Sanderson Sisters were once again not as great as they used to be. The show as a whole is still amazing, but not nearly as good as it was in 2016. Cassidy, Adam and Emily loved it nonetheless. I guess I'm just spoiled at this point.

The best part of the show was that it started raining right at the end. We expected rain the whole night with the wind and heat, but it never did and it started to really come down right as the Sanderson Sisters were leaving. It was amazing that timing. We got a whole HoPo and left as Dorian said "Hello!" Granted he wasn't really there but he was on his way. For sure.

Adam had offered me a ride since he lived in Vista whereas Cassidy didn't live in housing so we split off here. I said goodbye to her since she had to run and do something else before she left. I walked out with Adam and Emily under an umbrella as they rain was definitely at THAT point.

We took the boat over to the TTC. I personally love the boats to and from MK. They are so picturesque. They can be a pain since they take so long to load and leave unlike the monorail or the busses when there isn't an ECV or Scooter.

Click to watch!

Also, yeah even the boat was empty. It was crazy.

At the TTC, we also got a really fun tram driver. He spoke in a deep spooky voice to keep in theme with the night. It was pretty cool. Apparently Emily and Adam had a better one earlier, but this was one of the most memorable I've had. I don't usually take the tram since I prefer walking but I was pooped on this night. Remember I had been in the park since 2 and it was now almost 1am. I was ready to sleep.

We found Adam's car pretty quickly and were home rather swiftly. I was invited over to his place, but I told them I was pretty spent and I said we could hang another night. I then got into my apartment, got ready for bed and was out like that.

Tomorrow was the day Dorian was supposed to hit so who knows what that meant for me. As we would say on my new home planet, "Only the Ancients know."

Continue Here
Happy belated Birthday Timmy!!! 🎈🎉🥳🎂🎁 I hope you had a good one. That Oggie Boogie popcorn bucket looks so cool! My daughter is a total Nightmare Before Christmas fan- so much so her room was decorated in the theme during high school. You're so right that MNSSHP is so much better than MVMCP.

I agree with you about the fountain! We used to get coffee and sit and watch the waters dancing to Christmas music.... and don't even get me started on Illuminations. I know it's not everyone's favorite but we would go night after night (and yes, tears were shed).

It was such a simple but integral aspect of the Epcot experience. It's like how they got rid of the lights in the ground too. I guarantee people will say they won't miss it until they're like "Hey, wasn't this here?"

Glad you were able to end your night at MK with a solo log ride and a ride through the wilderness :) I would be SO aggravated by the inconvenience you experienced with that whole Alan debacle!!

It was pretty annoying what happened but it didn't derail the entire night and I'm grateful for that at least.

Ouch to the sore rib!! Glad you were able to work through it for the evening, but hopeful you rested up and made it to HHN!!

Definitely not the most comfortable shift I've had, but luckily it didn't become anything worse than what I dealt with on that day. :thumbsup2

Inside Out is the best movie of all time! I'll stand by that forever.

It is incredible. It amazes me how Pixar came out with that and Coco right after the other, they both are so groundbreaking.

Happy belated Birthday Timmy!!! 🎈🎉🥳🎂🎁 I hope you had a good one. That Oggie Boogie popcorn bucket looks so cool! My daughter is a total Nightmare Before Christmas fan- so much so her room was decorated in the theme during high school. You're so right that MNSSHP is so much better than MVMCP.

Thank you! I did, it definitely went better than I expected. And omg love that popcorn bucket. Only one of two popcorn buckets I own. That's so cool, Nightmare is fantastic. And YES, facts. No opinions lol

A Hurt Rib Won’t Stop Me From Getting Spooky
9/8/19: Halloween Horror Nights Opening Weekend!

As I mentioned previously, I had called out today. My body finally gave out and it was much better off that I stay home. I said that I originally would go to the health service center they had for cast members to get myself checked out, but honestly relaxing and icing where I knew I hurt my rib helped a lot. For all I know, it wasn't as serious as I thought it was. It just was a bit freaky that my cough hurt my rib that much to the point it hurt getting up.

Adam invited me at one point to have some Krispy Kreme with him since we hadn't been able to follow through with that last time we hung out. I didn't stay too too long with him since I really needed to take care of myself and relax myself.

When I got home, I spent most of my day resting and making sure I was icing myself properly. It seemed to be helping. Although I called out sick today, which usually meant stay home for me as well as by Disney standards, but I still wanted to go to HHN. I felt so behind everyone else and I wanted to experience a little from its first weekend. Today was my last chance so eventually I said screw it and decided I was going.

Today would be the first time since my one HHN night on my first program back in 2016 that I would be back and I was so excited! I followed all the announcements and everything. It was the one thing I was ready to push myself for, which included having to call an Uber all by my lonesome. Of course, this became a recurring thing, but at first, my socially anxious self freaked a bit.

Also, the first few times, since I barely used Uber prior, the rides ended up being half off so I barely paid anything to get to and from Universal for HHN.

Anyways, after a day of proper R&R, I got an Uber and went to Universal. Today was also the day that I realized that Uber didn't drop off where I thought it did since I always recall them picking up and dropping off near the bus loop but it was moved to the top of Jurassic Park. This will be important information for a later update.

Eventually, I made it to Universal, through security without any issues. And yes I have had issues with their security before that may or may not have involved a shirt with some colorful language. But that's in the past.

We are here now!

I left fairly early so I decided I needed to stop in Starbucks to get a pick-me-up. Pumpkin Spice Latte was ready to come in clutch (or was she?)

After that, it was officially time!

Click to watch!

The park-wide music this year was really the best. I found that entire loop on spotify and gosh it is so great to listen to while writing these updates. Ironically, I'm listening to the Jagged Little Pill cast album while writing this but NORMALLY, we tip-tap-typing away to some 80s dark goth synth.

I had my Frequent Fear pass on my phone on the Universal app, which I recommend if you can since it makes it much easier going in on the first night. I did eventually end up with some physical tickets to get in, but we'll get there when we get there lol

Eventually, that epic and wonderful opening announcement for the event came on and it was time to head in. I made sure to grab a park map.

Of which I never used after the first night.

We first had to go through the first scare zone which was Anarch-cade.

Click to watch!

This might've been the first and last night where I saw those jellyfish boys in that zone. They eventually were removed but it's funny to think back that that was one of the designated scare actors of that zone. This was definitely a zone that needed to be seen in the evening. Anarch-cade in the daytime was just tragic, but we'll be back, make no mistake.

I however was following the crowd as I hit up my first house of the event.

And which house was that?

I'll give you a hint!

Yup, me being as basic as I usually am, I went to the Stranger Things seasons 2 & 3 house! This was the most heavily advertised house for the event, which makes sense since it was the most current and popular property. I loved the show as evident by the fact I watched season 3 well in advanced of coming to the event. I was sad I missed it the year prior so of course, knowing that it would have the craziest waits during the event, I was gonna conquer it first. Knowing how well HHN had done with American Horror Story back in HHN26, I had high expectations for this one too.

And what did I think of it?

Click to watch!

At the time, I really enjoyed it. Especially the exit of the house which blasted Dustin and Susie's rendition of "Never Ending Story" from season 3. I will say, it did leave me a bit disappointed since it left out quite a bit for me. Back when they did AHS, there was stuff they had to leave out, but it didn't feel like something was missing. For this house, it definitely did. STILL, the German girls that were in front of me in the house who were SHOOK that I was doing this event alone were a blast. They freaked at everything. They definitely made that first run through Stranger Things one of the best I had, of the very few I had.

When I got out, I spotted a familiar couple just waltzing through.

Click to watch!

I decided that I would take a break from the houses for a minute and go through scare zones. First, I went through Zombieland: Double Tap.

Click to watch!

This ended up being the most disappointing part of the event for me from day one. It was so dull. I vividly remembered walking through here from my first event how packed and overwhelming this area can be with scare actors. This time and every time I sent... there wasn't really anything going on, just snarling, growling and running. I was not a fan and I was pretty excited Zombieland was getting a zone. I thought it would be pretty fun, but they didn't play up the funny of that movie at all. All this zone was at the end of the day was to promote the release of the sequel which I still have never seen and have no interest. Clearly this zone could not do its job on any front.

Once I got out of there, I ended up headed towards Academy of Villains and Rob Zombie Hellbilly Deluxe, my third scare zone that evening. I was pretty excited for this one. It's weird to say but my dad basically raised me on some songs from that album. Dragula and Living Dead Girl bring me back big time to my early iPod years. Two songs we'd play regularly in the car when we first discovered how an AUX card worked. Yeah, what a time to be alive.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

This was the point where the PSL became a bad idea. I drink my caffeine rather quickly and sometimes it can cause me to be quite jittery. That combined with being at a haunt event by myself where I'm clearly a target, it was not good and in Hellbilly Deluxe in particular, they were coming after me and they were relentless. Heck I even caught one of them get me pretty good on those videos. I was living for the zone and then BAM! Yeah, I had no clue how I was gonna go back through that zone.

Again, I was a bit agitated now so I went into Diagon Alley to try and calm myself down.

That shirt I'm wearing by the way was the shirt I got during my first event back in HHN26. It had Reagan (from The Exorcist), Twisty (from AHS: Freak Show), Leatherface (from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre) and Michael Myers (from Halloween) on it since they were the main "monsters" featured that year. It was the perfect shirt to kick off my second official year at the event.

However, it didn't make me feel any less of a vet. Haunt events definitely can make me jumpy but this time I was on edge having tonight be the first time I was doing it the first time. Gosh, if this was how I was gonna be during the hours when daylight was still out, how was I supposed to make it through the night?

I did think this might just be the caffeine talking through me so I went on Gringotts to get my mind off, which was fun and helped a bit. I then decided maybe going to see Academy of Villains which was starting soon-ish that that would change things a bit for me so I went there.

AOV's debut year was my "debut year" and I only ever really watched them in passing on the stage that was by Mel's. Since I've heard it was actually a really entertaining show and that I should've really watched them so it became a priority on my return that I'd actually watch one of their shows. This was my mission right now and I was pumped!

Let's enjoy Academy of Villains: Altered States!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

And what did I think?

Click to watch!

For those who are not familiar with AOV or who didn't experience it, I'll give you a quick overview of exactly what you just watched above (at least I hope you did). AOV is essentially a dance troupe that was brought to Horror Nights to put together these little shows that have a horror theme or horror-adjacent theme. They tend to include dance, other aspects of choreographed performance and variety aspects like the aerialist, the contortionist and the guy doing the tricks with the soccer ball.

For this year's show in particular, they had a strong storyline, which I've heard has been the new thing since moving into the Fear Factor theater. This year was a Jekyll & Hyde themed storyline where the central Jekyll & Hyde character was trying to find a cure to fight the Black Plague but ended up creating an evil serum that created monsters out of people. The serum would then be used on various victims which is what allowed for segues into the three variety acts since they looked pretty unsuspecting when they came on-stage then suddenly a guy was bending in ways most humans can't. It also allowed for a shadow play performance that played out the rest of the storyline to get you to the grand finale.

As I said before, I really liked it. I didn't realize how much I'd learn to love it at the time. It was just such a fun high energy show with really good music and even better dancing. Also, unlike most people that contortionist was one of my favorites. Am I weird for thinking that whole routine is attractive? If I am, whatever. Granted the aerialist was my favorite of the three, but contortionist was a close second. The soccer guy I felt at first was out of place but his section got more to fun to watch as time went on. But I shouldn't jump ahead too much. At this moment, I really enjoyed it.

Unfortunately, my enjoyment was plagued by the fact was that I was in this event and now I was genuinely kinda freaking out. Not just any freaking out, but potentially breaking into tears on the ground type of freaking out. It was not good. I somehow managed to get through Rob Zombie again without an embarrassing moment. I then snuck around Zombieland to go check out the Tribute Store, another safe zone.

It was really cool in there. I didn't expect it to be as themed and as much an attraction as the rest of the event. It was the one place you could get a photo with the demogorgon so why would you not consider it something less than an attraction? It ain't just a store.

I did however buying a shirt for this year's event. Something to wear for my next visit when I actually would spend some time there.

After that, I decided I wasn't gonna be staying the whole night. I just was not in the head space to do some of the scarier fare. However, Killer Klowns and Ghostbusters seemed like houses I could handle surprisingly so I was gonna hit those up next. First, I went to Ghostbusters.

I didn't take a video of my reaction, but that actually was a pretty good house. It got me the most that night, but not in a way that would've had me on the floor like Rob Zombie did at first. At the time, it didn't stand out too too much, but this was one I really loved by the end of the event. I know it was a long-awaited IP for the event and with that in mind, it paid homage wonderfully.

After I got out of there, I considered just heading over to Killer Klowns but someone texted me saying he saw me at the event. It was an acquaintance I made on the facebook pages for the DCP so I thought of him harmless and I could use someone with me so I asked if he wanted to meet up. Heck he even offered to let me use his Team Member discount so yup, let's hang. He ended up joining me in Vanity Ball which was the last scare zone I visited that evening (no Vikings or chainsaw gang) and my favorite of the night and throughout the event.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Gosh. VANITY BALL. I remember a lot of people were hyping this one up on twitter but I didn't get why. At the time, it came off very plastic surgery body horror and that's all. I didn't understand but after walking through, seeing the runway, the costuming and the make-up I was in love. As the event went on, I loved it more and more as I spent more time and got to understand what it really was about. This zone means so much to me. It not only is great horror dark comedy, but it also has great representation for LGBTQ+ culture that I never thought I would see at a Halloween event. It was everything I wanted. Not to mention, I'd get a lot of attention in that zone come later in the event, but again we'll get there when we get there.

After Vanity Ball, I decided I felt better about doing Killer Klowns so this child I was with joined me. To cut to the chase, I REALLY loved Killer Klowns. Easily my favorite of the night. It was just so much fun. The buttons you could press were EVERYTHING for me. Of course, in retrospect, this might be something HHN would have to remove this year, but gosh I had too much fun with those on later nights. It was the one property I had no familiarity with, but I fell in love with it. It was definitely my favorite house of the night. No complaints on that one.

I still had this acquaintance with me and before I left I had to get that photo with the arcade machines in Anarch-cade that everyone was getting so we went there to do that. They didn't come out great but the aesthetic is still cool to look at.

And BOOM, the minute we finished getting those photos one of the viruses that ran around there jumped out from the boo holes and lunged at me. I near went flying. Easily the best scare of the night. It made me laugh after.

I talked with this acquaintance I had around with me for a bit after and we eventually decided that things were going so well that if I were to be at future HHN nights we might meet up again. I got his phone number and headed out while he stayed. Not to leave you in suspense, I'll say he ended up being bad news very quickly. He was an individual that became quite scary. I had to block him on everything the next day and I don't just block anyone. I have not paid him any mind, but he was there this night so I thought to include him nameless. He will not be showing up again in this report.

It was about 10pm when I left HHN that evening which was easily one of the earliest nights I've had with the event. Most nights I stayed right up until it ended or at the very least midnight.

On my way out, I gave my overview which I'll only post a snippet of since it kinda meanders and goes on and on since I was dodging crowds as I left.

Click to watch!

Overall, the night turned out pretty good. I might've not been ready to take on the event by myself, but I'm proud I did and even with some not-great moments that night I made the best of it. Also, the Uber situation worked out wonderfully to and from. It made future visits to HHN and Universal more accessible so my frequent fear pass already did not seem a waste, bless up.

As a way to show the progression of my thoughts during this event, here are my rankings of houses and scare zones that I experienced that night from that night exactly.

HOUSES

Killer Klowns from Outer Space
Ghostbusters
Stranger Things 2 & 3

SCARE ZONES

Vanity Ball
Anarch-cade
Zombieland: Double Tap
Rob Zombie Hellbilly Deluxe

With that, we have night one of a very many at an event that defined my program. Hope you're ready for more.

tenor.gif

Continue Here

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter