Third Party Ticket Companies?

Geemo

DIS Veteran
Having been an AP holder for so many years, I don’t know which third party company to buy a hopper ticket from for an up coming trip. Would like to save a few dollars before third party companies raise prices too.

Which one do you recommend?

I've had a friend also recommend checking Costco Travel. They sometimes have good deals. AAA is another option, but they don't tend to have much of a deal (at least when I've looked).

I've had a friend also recommend checking Costco Travel. They sometimes have good deals. AAA is another option, but they don't tend to have much of a deal (at least when I've looked).
AAA adds a service fee, so be mindful of that when estimating your total ticket cost. Get Away Today gets very good reviews here. Stay away from Working Advantage (affiliated with Tickets at Work) -- they sell dud tickets.

One big key thing to look out for is tax. Remember that DL doesn’t charge sales tax on their tickets so if you go through someone who does, you may be losing all savings or a significant portion of it.

One big key thing to look out for is tax. Remember that DL doesn’t charge sales tax on their tickets so if you go through someone who does, you may be losing all savings or a significant portion of it.

Third parties that say they're charging "tax" for DLR tickets are just charging a processing fee. If it's ever labeled as just being tax (so far I've seen it only labeled "taxes and fees"; it's a way they're trying to trick people because not all know that the tickets aren't taxed in California regardless of who you purchase from), I would not use that business to purchase tickets from and I would report them for falsely collecting tax.

Theme parks are not charged sales tax in the state of California at all. So no third party should be charging sales tax.

With all of the COVID craziness and also the difficulty of modifying tickets after purchase if you decide you want to change plans, I'm a fan of the aRes travel tickets with the $25 flat rate added refund protection (cheap travel insurance in my opinion): https://www.arestravel.com/disneyland-resort-tickets/

The "frog place" tickets are refundable and slightly cheaper, but with a 5% restocking fee if you need a refund (that may still be a cheaper if you're only buying one ticket, for 4 tickets the $25 flat fee worked out to be a better deal).

Oh good. I was just looking up the DISboards guidelines because I didn't think we could post stuff like that. It said websites would be blocked. I tried to mention UT last week and it went all starred out: ******* UT is who I've used twice for WDW tickets - less expensive than direct from Disney, prompt and legit tickets. They're the only ones I've used though so I can't personally vouch for another company.

With the UT site for a hopper ticket, how do you reserve your parks dates and starting park?
I didn't see that in the windows when making order selections?
I was on there earlier today looking and it says you do not need to make a reservation before purchasing.

I was on there earlier today looking and it says you do not need to make a reservation before purchasing.
If you do not need to make reservation before purchasing then how do you make park reservations afterwards?

If you do not need to make reservation before purchasing then how do you make park reservations afterwards?

I ordered tickets from UT a few months ago when they had a sale. Received confirmation email right after the transaction, then received the email with tickets attached 1 minute later. I printed out the tickets then scanned them into the app. I made my reservations directly after scanning the tickets into the app under "Make Park Reservations." Have used the tickets and all went smoothly.

ETA: Really missing Last Minute Travel as an option. I got a 5 day Park Hopper for $325 a few months before the parks closed.

The tickets have a code on them. Go to your Disney account and it will give you the option to add tickets to your account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter