Thinking of doing Alaska Cruise and Star Wars Land in California

You realize that those two things are about 2,000 miles apart?

When to book depends on when you want to go.
yes I do. So I have two options of seeing just alaska , vancouver and san francisco and then another trip with los angeles san diego and las vegas. But I also want to see cursed child on broadway (yes do know that its coming to San Francisco, but want to see other shows)

Am I the only one having a hard time following? Your opening post/title refers to an Alaska cruise + Disneyland. But your second post suddenly throws in additional non-DCL/DL destinations, including one that is on an entirely different coast.

If I am understanding correctly, then you are trying to combine Disneyland and the Alaska cruise into one trip so that you have vacation time free for a separate trip to NY. That could actually be a nice little road trip if you rented a car. I lived in L.A. for 10 years and my favorite month there is September. Weather is generally nice and seasonal fog (aka May Gray or June Gloom) is well over. So my vote would be to pick the last Alaska trip of the year and then work backwards from there to figure out when you will be in Anaheim. Given driving times and whatnot, you would need 2 weeks to make this work as a road trip. (And I would suggest the boring inland route between LA and SF rather than the longer coastal route).

The caveat to all of this is the terrible fire season that's been going on. If next year is like this one, then air quality would be pretty bad in September -- dictating that an earlier trip is better.

First off Star Wars Land (Galaxy's Edge) doesn't open until Summer 2019. So if you want to see both Galaxy's Edge and Alaska, you're probably looking at late spring 2020. I would look into the transition cruise from San Diego to Vancouver. You can spend some time in Disneyland, drive down to San Diego and catch the Wonder. The ship stops in San Fran on the way to Vancouver. Than you do a B2B on the first Alaskan sailing.

You realize that those two things are about 2,000 miles apart?

When to book depends on when you want to go.

Just a gentle reminder that the OP lives in Australia, and presumably the trip to N. America in consideration may be an extensive one to compensate for the long flight. :)

Just a gentle reminder that the OP lives in Australia, and presumably the trip to N. America in consideration may be an extensive one to compensate for the long flight. :)
right. But just had look and looks like 'Moulin Rouge' and 'Jagged Little Pill' are not coming in. So might just see HP in San Francisco? I am also saving my pennies for business. Mum will pay for premium but not business (fair and fine). But I will upgrade us both to business. She bought me a house. So I want to give her a token of appreciation. And also a tablet. Silly question : will there be any parties during summer or events that I can pay money for without the 'insanity' go a private Disney Tour Prices. Pete are you arranging something. Really for a party no more than 495 dollars pp. Its 14 hours flight away and I hate flying.

I would love to apologise to anyone I have annoyed or been rude to. And would love to say thank you for my time on the disboards.

General rule of thumb for DCL cruising... book opening day, if you can. Prices go up on many sailings, so the sooner you know what you want, the better. Then, fit your land plans around that. 2019 Alaska cruises have been out for some time, so you can take a look through those sailing to see if something suits you. If not, wait for the next group - the 2020 to be issued next spring. Of course, you can check out sailings on other cruise lines for Alaska. No one says you have to take a DCL trip. There may be some that go from Seattle or even California, which might fit in your plans a bit better.

BTW - I can't see one post of yours in this thread that anyone would think was rude. People may have been confused, but you have not been rude, so no apologies needed. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter