think vacation homes??

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by hannymom, Mar 27, 2018.

1. hannymom

hannymom Mouseketeer

we have always gone through all star vacation homes. i must have missed something
    because i do not see them anymore. i found a perfect house to rent this fall by think vacation homes.
    has anyone used them?

2. ParkHopperFan

ParkHopperFan Mouseketeer

What community are you looking in? The prices on their website seem a bit high.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. hannymom

hannymom Mouseketeer

we always stayed in windsor hills before

5. Renee1061

Renee1061 DIS Veteran

Is it Magical Vacation Homes? I booked through them a couple of weeks ago and had a very smooth online reservation experience.

EDITED TO ADD: Just reread your post and realized it is not the same company.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  6. ParkHopperFan

ParkHopperFan Mouseketeer

If you're looking for Windsor Hills rentals, try www.windsorhillsofficialrentals.com. You will be able to contact the owners directly and I'm gonna bet you're going to pay quite a bit less than booking through Think Vacations.

7. Mikoyan_2123

Mikoyan_2123 Earning My Ears

If you actually are looking for something grand, there are these villas https://tranio.com/rent/usa/fl/detached/ that you can rent, but it's of course not related to the "official" Disney accomodation.

8. Wishes5150

Wishes5150 Earning My Ears

I would avoid Think Vacation Homes. We did not have a good experience. We rented from AllStar many times prior. The service level is no where near the same. Unresponsive to issues with the home, like the pool being dirty. We could not get them to reply to any issues.

9. Dis4dayz

Dis4dayz Earning My Ears

We just stayed in Encore Resort with Think Vacation Homes and it was great! Close to everything, including a new wal-mart right down the street for us to get supplies from, and the home was very comfortable. The water park on site was included and our family used it almost every day. We did have some arrival instruction confusion prior to our arrival, but they were quick to get us the correct info. Otherwise, I would fully recommend them I'm actually looking for a smaller place for next spring with them now and found this when googling their name, so just wanted to share our experience. Hope it helps. Thanks

10. Daniel Tiger

Daniel Tiger Earning My Ears

Think Vacation Homes is a spinoff of All Star Vacation Homes. All Star was forced to close last year after defrauding homeowners and guests out of millions of dollars. The family could no longer use the All Star name, so they formed a new company called Think. This is the same family that operated All Star for 18 years, although they try not to make this public or obvious. After closing, they continued to book guests into homes and companies with no intent of paying the funds forward, including with the new company. Beware if you are to book through this company.

11. Fabfan47

Fabfan47 Earning My Ears

I personally know the owners of the company and can attest fully to the fact that the above post is 100% inaccurate.
    Respectfully, uninformed ex-owners or guest of All Star who are angry with that situation (which does not involve Think Vacation Homes), believe the above statement to be true, without knowing the facts and the rumor mills have been misdirected at Think Vacation Homes, unnecessarily. Think Vacation Homes is a listing site that partners with local and well known management companies throughout the Orlando area, in order to help accommodate guests by giving them the ability to shop multiple vacation home options and resorts throughout the Orlando area without having to shop each company individually.
    They are not All Star Vacation Homes in any way and do not deserve these false accusations.

12. omniscientmommy

omniscientmommy Mouseketeer

13. Daniel Tiger

Daniel Tiger Earning My Ears

I would recommend scrolling to the bottom of the article and reading the notes from the homeowners as well. The article was written as a PR piece by a personal friend of the owner. It does not touch on the millions of dollars that were taken in and not paid to homeowners.