"Think of the Happiest Things" - How This Trip Was Born

Stagemom.... My hats off to you as a SpecEd Aide... my 17 yr old(who shares a close bond with his aide) is deaf and is at a 3 to 4 yr old level mentally...he also has cerebral palsy and has been classified as having autistic tendencies( :) )..they wanted to diagnose him as autistic but he really doesnt need another label(it is in his med records for adulthood when he will need every service available to him)....but as to being incredibly grateful to my sons teacher it amazes me how Wa state wants our kids to pass these tests when success is not a reality!! they wanted my son to take the WASL and i told them to stick it somewhere where you really dont want too :) they called me for 3 days straight asking why he wasnt there for the testing and after explaining this for 2 days prior i told the gentleman on the phone do some research.......with his mental deficit and the deafness it was virtually impossible for him to take the test but if he personally would like to administer it to my son i told him be my guest....his teacher told me the man never showed up in the classroom...... i have been very lucky as the school district here has listened to every concern and suggestion i have had over the years and as we have been in several districts trying to find a good fit for my son we got lucky here as we have been told Kelso School District is one of the best in the state for SpecEd....keep up the good work.... us parents of special kids love you guys and appreciate all you do for our kids :) :) :) :)

OH......and loving pre-trip report

Stars.gif

Better late than never, right? I'm in.

Full update coming soon, but I had to post....

We booked our trip today! :woohoo: A one bedroom suite at the Best Western December 2nd-7th!!!! :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter