Think of All The Joy You'll Find When You Leave the World Behind- Nov 2018 TR-updated 09/22/19 RL

I feel the same way, the Muppets is fading away! I can’t believe PizzeRizzo is already closed! MM food looks yummy!

I’m the opposite of you, so scared of RnRc but I love ST and so far no feeling sick on it!

I really enjoy the cream cheese pretzel to, where was it at DHS?

I feel the same way, the Muppets is fading away! I can’t believe PizzeRizzo is already closed! MM food looks yummy!

I’m the opposite of you, so scared of RnRc but I love ST and so far no feeling sick on it!

I really enjoy the cream cheese pretzel to, where was it at DHS?
If you're scared of RNRC, you may not see it! It's a kiosk across from the entrance to the ride. I cannot remember the name of it, but it may simply be rockin pretzels.

Where can I find these?

The stuffed pretzels are not JUST by RNRC - we got one in October at the food kiosk to the left of the Chinese Theater going towards the Commisary. I just uploaded the pictures of it to prep my October TR and so I know exactly where we got it. (Visual evidence below.) They also sell them in DAK - but I haven't had one there in a little while so not 100% they are still there. Pretty sure they still sell them in MK as well over in Frontierland.

The stuffed pretzels are not JUST by RNRC - we got one in October at the food kiosk to the left of the Chinese Theater going towards the Commisary. I just uploaded the pictures of it to prep my October TR and so I know exactly where we got it. (Visual evidence below.) They also sell them in DAK - but I haven't had one there in a little while so not 100% they are still there. Pretty sure they still sell them in MK as well over in Frontierland.

Well, there you go. When I researched, that was the only kiosk that showed they had them. Like I said, they used to sell them in Tomorrowland. AK had the jalapeno stuffed pretzels, but I haven't been fortunate enough to find the cream cheese ones there. Thank you for letting us know they can be found elsewhere!

Sorry to hear Star Tours wasn't a good experience for you all. It bothers me a bit too, so I generally just keep my eyes closed for most of it. The movement doesn't bother me, just the movie in combination with it.

Where did you get the cream cheese pretzel???? I haven't had one in ages and it was always one of our favorites

d us since we were the last two to just push ourselves in. Jason had to squish his toes back over the line to fit, and I felt like a Disney sandwich, but we made it.
At least the bus driver let you get on. Waiting would have been rough as well.

I need to try a cream cheese pretzel...

Sorry to hear Star Tours wasn't a good experience for you all. It bothers me a bit too, so I generally just keep my eyes closed for most of it. The movement doesn't bother me, just the movie in combination with it.

Where did you get the cream cheese pretzel???? I haven't had one in ages and it was always one of our favorites
I got it from the small kiosk near RNRC, but @skier_pete said you can find them to the left of the Chinese Theatre going toward The Commissary as well.

At least the bus driver let you get on. Waiting would have been rough as well.

I need to try a cream cheese pretzel...
Yes, I'm glad she let us stuff ourselves in there.

They've Got What in Canada?- Day Four, Part Two

November 4th- Epcot
I'm not sure why it was, but it seemed like whenever we took the boat to Epcot, it was raining. Unlike the last time, I did not have my awesome rain jacket with me. I didn't melt, though, so must mean I'm not a Wicked Witch. I'll take it.

We had a FP for The Seas with Nemo and Friends. We didn't really need it, but we were planning to go over there anyway so why not use it? The rain was mostly just a drizzle, but we explored the area like we always do, which mostly meant I stayed by the glass waiting for my favorite dolphins to come around. Back in 2010, Jason and I had a magical experience here. The pavilion wasn't quite open, but they let us in. We watched a training session with the dolphins. While I was in the restroom, one came over and waved his fin to Jason. He hasn't let me live it down. Fast forward to 2018. I went to the restroom and when I came back, my gloating husband told me that a dolphin just came by to wave to him. I scowled, accused him of joking, and when I realized he wasn't I stomped off muttering about risking dehydration next time to avoid restroom breaks.

Jason got his traditional shark photo. Fish are friends not food. Jasonshark.jpg

We used our next FP for my favorite little guy, Figment. I wish they would bring back the original concept of the attraction, but I fear one day they'll wipe this little icon out all together. It could definitely use another update, though.

When we were about to exit, we heard the downpour outside. People were coming in and disappearing up the stairs, and that's when I realized the DVC lounge was upstairs. I was jealous of those members getting to go up to relax and enjoys sodas while the rest of us waited out the mess outside. Jason and I decided right then to go take our Visa spot photos. We galloped through the rainstorm to get to the spot. I wasn't sure who we would see, but I was so excited it was Mickey and Goofy. We had fun interacting for a moment before we said our good-byes. The rain had slacked so we made our way over to Canada. Neither of us had ever really explored this pavilion other than eating at Le Cellier years ago.

We browsed the shops where we found this:
ferretfarts.jpg
We laughed because, well, as parents of two ferrets (our first little girl has crossed over the Rainbow Bridge) we can certainly tell you the answer is: they don't.

We were going to see the Oh, Canada film but the CM told us it was standing only. Had we not been so tired, we likely would have watched it but we didn't feel like standing still for 20 or so minutes.

That's when we discovered the lovely waterfalls and walked through the gardens.
Canadawaterfall.jpg Canadaleaves.jpg Canadagardens.jpg

It was nearing time for dinner at our very favorite traditional restaurant: Rose and Crown. We checked in and were told they were behind on seating---like always. That's okay, though, because it's my favorite so we explored the shoppes again.

My friend and I are avid readers and Outlander fans. Last spring, she moved away to another state and I miss her so terribly. We text each other about the show and books so I was excited when my husband modeled this for me to send to her.
Jasonoutlander.jpg
We didn't purchase any merchandise, but while we were looking at all the teas again, our buzzer alerted us to dinnertime.

It was far too early for Illuminations, but we had the most wonderful view.
RCview.jpg

Rose and Crown recently underwent a menu change. We were both greatly disappointed by the removal of the steak and fish option, but we have been going here every trip since 2008. There was no way we would miss going.

RCbraisedbeef.jpg RCsheppie.jpg
I don't have enough room for all the food photos here. They'll be on the dining report when I get there.

The table in front of us had allergies so the chef came out to speak with them. Afterwards, he stopped and talked to us. I raved about my entree and begged him to keep it around since our other favorite dish was gone. He explained why they had to remove it, which I totally understand. He was very nice, and we enjoyed our conversation.

While that was happening, the poor lady to our left became ill. She was unable to eat her dinner, and had vomited on her shirt. The manager came out to talk to her. In a few minutes, the manager came back with a new shirt she had purchased in the gift shop for the lady. My husband was very impressed since the restaurant was not at fault for her feeling so sick, but this stranger wanted to do what she could to bring comfort to the guest. Man, Disney, every time I get frustrated about prices or unfavorable changes, you go and do something like this. I know how miserable it is to be so sick on vacation, and I know I would appreciate the gesture if it were me. We both left hoping that lady felt better soon and was able to enjoy the rest of her time at WDW.

We decided to walk back to the Boardwalk from there as it was growing late and we were tired.

Coming soon: We have a wonderful character greet. Who do we finally get to see? And, we're off to resort hopping again. Where do we go next, and what do we do while we're there?

Total Steps: 16,120
Miles: 7.25

Last edited:
I went to the restroom and when I came back, my gloating husband told me that a dolphin just came by to wave to him. I scowled, accused him of joking, and when I realized he wasn't I stomped off muttering about risking dehydration next time to avoid restroom breaks.
That is amazing! I need to see if we can see this. Does your husband do something that prompts them? I have to admit, we don't spend a whole lot of time in the Seas pavillion...

We used our next FP for my favorite little guy, Figment. I wish they would bring back the original concept of the attraction, but I fear one day they'll wipe this little icon out all together. It could definitely use another update, though.
Every time we are on this ride, all I can think, is How COOL it could be if they spent the time and $$$. they could totally figure out a way to make you FEEL like we are actually upside down, and the smells could be random.. It could be an amazing ride. But I know that won't happen. Sigh...

We were going to see the Oh, Canada film but the CM told us it was standing only. Had we not been so tired, we likely would have watched it but we didn't feel like standing still for 20 or so minutes.
Seriously! The standing!! Why? We were going to see the China movie and standing was just not going to happen. They need to put seats in!

While that was happening, the poor lady to our left became ill. She was unable to eat her dinner, and had vomited on her shirt. The manager came out to talk to her. In a few minutes, the manager came back with a new shirt she had purchased in the gift shop for the lady. My husband was very impressed since the restaurant was not at fault for her feeling so sick, but this stranger wanted to do what she could to bring comfort to the guest. Man, Disney, every time I get frustrated about prices or unfavorable changes, you go and do something like this. I know how miserable it is to be so sick on vacation, and I know I would appreciate the gesture if it were me. We both left hoping that lady felt better soon and was able to enjoy the rest of her time at WDW.
That poor lady! I would be so embarrassed. That CM was a good one, for sure!

Dying over the ferret fart soap and making a mental note to not go in the Canada store because no chance Casey wouldn't want that :P

Yuck that someone next to you got ill, but glad to hear Disney made it right so quickly. Of course if they could just sprinkle a little more magic that didn't require getting sick that would be even better :-)

I'll never understand why these videos are standing only. We were unpleasantly surprised in the China pavilion when I realized the China video was standing only. I'd be much more inclined to watch them if I could sit! Standing in one place for 20 minutes hurts, as opposed to walking for 20 minutes.

That poor lady! But Disney magic indeed! I was reading a thread on the disneyworld reddit this morning about this deaf girl who did Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and they had a Fairy Godmother in Training who spoke ASL with her, and then the rest of the thread was people commenting about their great experiences with Disney CMs. So heartwarming. I love it.

I love the Outlander books and the tv series has not disappointed. I was so worried to watch because of my love for the books and my “Jamie and Claire” in my mind, lol!

We had the absolute best server ever at Rose & Crown several years ago, she was so sweet and kind! She really made the dinner special!

Just found your report. Y'all are precious!!! All this food is making me so hungry and I just ate lol.

Outlander is awesome!!!! By far one of my favorite things on TV. I have it on my list to read the books but I just haven't yet .

Keep it coming!!

My friend and I are avid readers and Outlander fans. Last spring, she moved away to another state and I miss her so terribly. We text each other about the show and books so I was excited when my husband modeled this for me to send to her.
jasonoutlander-jpg.372306

I'm listening to Outlander (finally!) on audible and am loving it! I haven't started watching the series yet because I want to get through the books first. I love that shirt! And kudos to your DH for being such a good sport :laughing:

While that was happening, the poor lady to our left became ill. She was unable to eat her dinner, and had vomited on her shirt.

Oh, dear Lord…that poor lady…and poor you. Everything about this is my worst nightmare :scared1:

That is amazing! I need to see if we can see this. Does your husband do something that prompts them? I have to admit, we don't spend a whole lot of time in the Seas pavillion...
Not to my knowledge. I'm not sure if he waves at them first, but he has never said he has initiated it.

Every time we are on this ride, all I can think, is How COOL it could be if they spent the time and $$$. they could totally figure out a way to make you FEEL like we are actually upside down, and the smells could be random.. It could be an amazing ride. But I know that won't happen. Sigh...
Yes, that would be awesome! I think they should definitely update the imagination area with new technology.

Seriously! The standing!! Why? We were going to see the China movie and standing was just not going to happen. They need to put seats in!
I know! Who wants to stand up for a film?

Dying over the ferret fart soap and making a mental note to not go in the Canada store because no chance Casey wouldn't want that :P

Yuck that someone next to you got ill, but glad to hear Disney made it right so quickly. Of course if they could just sprinkle a little more magic that didn't require getting sick that would be even better :-)
They had other funny soaps, too, but that one was my favorite. It was a nice little stop.

I'll never understand why these videos are standing only. We were unpleasantly surprised in the China pavilion when I realized the China video was standing only. I'd be much more inclined to watch them if I could sit! Standing in one place for 20 minutes hurts, as opposed to walking for 20 minutes.
Agreed. I need seats.

That poor lady! But Disney magic indeed! I was reading a thread on the disneyworld reddit this morning about this deaf girl who did Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and they had a Fairy Godmother in Training who spoke ASL with her, and then the rest of the thread was people commenting about their great experiences with Disney CMs. So heartwarming. I love it.
Have you seen the amazing video in Crystal Palace of Pooh interacting with the little boy? It happened a few days after our breakfast there, and we can see our server walk through. It was so precious.

I love the Outlander books and the tv series has not disappointed. I was so worried to watch because of my love for the books and my “Jamie and Claire” in my mind, lol!

We had the absolute best server ever at Rose & Crown several years ago, she was so sweet and kind! She really made the dinner special!
The actors are perfect for the characters, I think. I don't think anyone could play Jamie so well. I'm about to start book 6.

We've never had less than wonderful service at Rose and Crown. I love it!

Just found your report. Y'all are precious!!! All this food is making me so hungry and I just ate lol.

Outlander is awesome!!!! By far one of my favorite things on TV. I have it on my list to read the books but I just haven't yet .

Keep it coming!!

Thank you for stopping by to read! Happy to have you!

The books and series follow each other pretty well, but they do still have a character in the series that has already died in the books. I'm not giving anything away, but I encourage you to try to read them together. The books are really long and can be tedious so having the show as a companion helps.

I'm listening to Outlander (finally!) on audible and am loving it! I haven't started watching the series yet because I want to get through the books first. I love that shirt! And kudos to your DH for being such a good sport :laughing:

Oh, dear Lord…that poor lady…and poor you. Everything about this is my worst nightmare :scared1:

I think the series really helps clarify the books as there are so many characters to keep up with. He is a good sport. I wish I could share the video of him dancing like an otter, but I've been sworn to secrecy. It makes me laugh on bad days.

I know, bless her. I'm sure she was just mortified and miserable.

It's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow-- Day 5, Magic Kingdom

November 5th, 2018- Magic Kingdom

We had an 8:15 PPO breakfast Crystal Palace. I've eaten meals here at every offering, but we prefer breakfast over lunch and dinner. While the choices aren't nearly as good as other breakfast buffet options such as 1900 Park Fare or Boma, I enjoy eating here.

When we arrived, we noticed the Christmas decorations were spreading.
MKfront.jpg
I was so thrown off, my photo was a bit skewed.

While we really wanted a photo with the tree to use as our Christmas cards this year, we never had the opportunity to get it. I settled for pictures with the toy soldiers.

Jasonsoldier.jpg Shannonsoldier.jpg

Jason also wanted to show off his Radiator Springs shirt so we stopped in front of the Fire Department. I'm not sure if I mentioned this before (forgive me if I have), but my step-father, who raised me from the age of 8, was a firefighter. He passed away in 2008 so we always stop by the fire station every trip just to take a few moments to remember and honor him.
JasonFD.jpg

After our photo session, we moseyed on over to our breakfast stop.
CP1.jpg CP3.jpg CPlasagna.jpg CPomelette.jpg

I'm already at photo limit. Continued. . .

Last edited:
MK continued. . .

We had a few good character photos, though we never saw Piglet.

JasonPoohCP.jpg JasonEeyoreCP.jpg ShannonTiggerCP.jpg
I was loving all the character interactions. I was like a child again.

After breakfast, we headed to Tomorrowland since we had not been over there yet. We don't spend a lot of time in this land, though one of Jason's favorites is there. We only ride Space Mountain when the mood strikes as it tends to make me sick, and it really hurts Jason's back.

But first!
I noticed a few people going into the former spot of Stitch's Great Escape. I asked the CM what was in there, and she said it was a character meet with Stitch. Really?! I'm in!

It was a very short wait, and we had so much fun with him. Be prepared for the bombarding of PP photos one day.

Afterwards, we went to the Poor Man's Toy Story Mania- a.k.a. Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. I don't like this. It bores me. I don't know. I love TSM because it's just fun and upbeat.
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8285252337.jpeg
This is Jason's face every single time we ride this. Usually, I have my tongue stuck out in defeat, but I was, apparently, too busy concentrating or something.

Then, we loaded up on the Peoplemover.
Ah, the glorious Peoplemover! The chance to put my feet up and relax while we tour Tomorrowland.

At last, it was time for Jason's favorite:
The Carousel of Progress.
In one of the podcasts we listened to on the way down, they were mentioning how people just stop by to get out of the heat, but they never really appreciate the attraction. We do. We sit right in the second row (we leave the front for those who need it) and sing along (quietly so as not to disturb others.) When we are circling around, we almost feel like Walt Disney is there singing along with us. It's so Walt, and we don't want that feeling to ever go away.

We left COP to go over to one of my favorites again- Philharmagic.

Lastly, we rode POTC again.

It was time to leave to head over for our lunch ADR. So, we hopped a bus to Animal Kingdom Lodge.

We stayed 3 nights at the beautiful AKL on our honeymoon, and it was our very first stay in a Deluxe (Boardwalk was only our 2nd.) We had never been to Kidani side. We were very early so Jason found a resting spot while I explored a bit.

I found a room I dubbed "the napping room." It was a secluded place with comfortable seating.

On our way over to Sanaa, we went out to see the animals for a moment.
Kidanisavanna.jpg
We checked in for our lunch and sat down to watch this little guy behind us.
Kidaniturtle.jpg

Sanaabread.jpg JasonSanaa.jpg Sanaamydessert.jpg SanaaJasondessert.jpg
Sanaa was a good stop, though we were full to the gills. This was a full day without a break at our resort so after our meal, we hopped the bus to Animal Kingdom.

We have three FPs for Animal Kingdom, but one of these attractions would go down for the evening. What was it, and would we ever get to experience it for this trip? Find out soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter