Things you miss at Disney that should be brought back

poohbearwithme

I don't believe in Tag Fairies....whoops
I was wondering if any of you have a favorite ride or show that you think Disney should not have closed or taken down :sad: and that you feel should be brought back. One of my all time favorites that I miss is the Skyway from Fantasyland to Tomorrowland. (Boy these things sure came in handy when you were tired from walking) I never did get to go the River Country but I wish I would have gotten to see it. What are some you miss???

cheaper tickets:rotfl2:

Okay, I will have to agree with that one. Also, do you remember when they did not ever expire and you could use the unused days at anytime. Now you have to pay for them not to expire. (and that is not a cheap opition.)

You can keep the skyway! It stopped once on us for what seemed to be about 30 minutes (I was 7 or 8, so maybe the times aren't accurate :laughing: ). Anyway, my brother decided that it would be an awesome time to get the cart to swing back and forth. I thought for sure that we were going to fall! My goodness, I'm getting cold sweats just thinking about it! :scared1:

I miss Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. :(

I used to love DreamFlight. I loved the forced perspective dioramas. It's kind of bittersweet now to ride Space Ranger Spin and go through the "jet engine" effect... it's nice that part of DreamFlight remains, but it reminds me that the best parts are on the scrap heap. But I really like Buzz so that makes it easier, unlike the lame Pooh area that replace 20,000 LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA... scrapped for a little playground, seriously?! I really liked the skyway, too. But I understand why that had to go. I spent a couple of summers as a security guard at Six Flags and those buckets were a constant source of strife: spitting, dropping stuff, shouting improprieties, drugs, sex, you name it. That one ride occupied about 5 guards' time.

At Epcot, I still mourn the loss of both World of Motion and Horizons. If nothing else they should have kept the post-show area of WoM, it was way better than what they have at TestTrack. If they were going to replace pavilions with rides why wouldn't they start with Wonders of Life? Oh, and the EPCOT Outreach resource center with all their technology related handouts... I loved that place!

But those are gone forever. The one thing I miss that they could, should, and really must bring back are happy CM's who love their jobs and cherish the Disney legacy.

Oh, a couple more: I miss Country Bears sounding live (as opposed to the horribly worn soundtrack they have now) And I miss the film at France looking and sounding so vibrant that you felt you were there.

The Imaginarium Studios at DHS where you could watch them drawing the next Disney animation. I remember when they were doing the Lion King.

BTW, the Skyway ride was closed due to the long que lines and the slow turn over in riders.

Every single thing that Disney has taken away from us over the years because they think that we AREN'T PAYING ENOUGH MONEY fast enough to keep the CEO and stockholders happy !!

So what are they gonna do when theres nothing more left to take ??

Sorry,,,,Happy thoughts,,Happy thoughts !

Things I miss at FtW and should be brought back??

ME!!

Okay, okay....things I miss at Disney..... The original Journey into Imagination, the original Tiki Birds Show, and The Hunchback Show at MGM. I do NOT miss Captain E-O! Blech! I also miss the Lotus Blossom Special at the walk up restaurant in China. It was a stir fry beef & brocolli with fried rice and an egg roll. Very yummy! I miss the West End Stage at DTD.

I so miss "Tapestry of Nations" in Epcot. The music was haunting. Thankfully we purchased a cd with the music on it so I can still envision it when I pop it into the car. A couple of years ago we took a backstage tour at Epcot and a CM told us that all the puppets were saved, in storage, and there was mention of bringing it back at some time. I certainly hope so.....
We also miss "Who wants to be a Millionaire" at MGM. That was a fun, interactive show. I got into the hot seat on three separate occassions over several years......got as high as the 125,000 question. I still have the hats, pins, lanyards and two shirts.

way to many things to list.........but what I miss most is the vision that the fort/wdw once had in the very start.........

ok, i will be serious this time (although the first post was right on!)

Mr. Toad
20,000 Leagues
FW Train
Millionaire (I missed the million pt question in the soft opening and Chris has missed the million twice in regular play!)
All of the "little" things that CM's did because they wanted to be there and it was part of making your trip special. I miss that terribly.

Hunchback, the gondola ride in MK, 20,000 Leagues, Tapestry, River Country....

Also, a sense of innocence is missing - too many people feel entitled now - it's a different time - some of the magic is gone never to return

The sub from 20,000 leagues went to Paris.......

This is right outside Space Mountain 2

europe024-1.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter