Things to buy with Best Buy rewards for Disney Trip?

Teal03

Mouseketeer
Trying to make use of my total savings for my trip now that we can’t use their rewards for gift cards. What are some things you guys buy?

Can you buy gift cards? They have everything

Other than that I say a portable charger for your phones. We bought a portable dvd player we use it in the car, in the hotel room sometimes even at dinner.

Last edited:

I tried to use a $5.00 rewards last week for a Disney gift card & cashier said you couldn't use the rewards for a gc. Sometimes I get a percentage off from a previous purchase but don't know if you can use that for a gift card or not.

Other than that I say a portable charger for your phones. We bought a portable dvd player we use it in the car, in the hotel room sometimes even at dinner.
Not anymore, they made a change in February and can't use the rewards certs for GCs now.

Also tried to buy a GC last week but they said it wasn't allowed. So ended up buying earbuds for our upcoming flights.

Electric tooth brush heads, K-Cups, batteries, portable power pack, car charger with usb outlet, phone or tablet cases, thermal travel mugs, travel umbrella, just stumbled on a garment cover by Samsonite as well as an electronic luggage scale. Hairdryers if anyone in the house is in the market. Travel pillows. Remember to price match items if something looks overpriced https://www.bestbuy.com/site/custom...ee/pcmcat290300050002.c?id=pcmcat290300050002

ETA: ours sells various candies and munchies if you want stuff for the flights, just keep an eye on the expiration dates

A small case that fits in a carry on to store stuff in while either in the car or on an airplane. You can put any extra phone cords, ear buds, cell phone power packs, etc for the stuff that always seem to make the way to the bottom of the bag.

Thank you all for your suggestions
Electric tooth brush heads, K-Cups, batteries, portable power pack, car charger with usb outlet, phone or tablet cases, thermal travel mugs, travel umbrella, just stumbled on a garment cover by Samsonite as well as an electronic luggage scale. Hairdryers if anyone in the house is in the market. Travel pillows. Remember to price match items if something looks overpriced https://www.bestbuy.com/site/custom...ee/pcmcat290300050002.c?id=pcmcat290300050002

ETA: ours sells various candies and munchies if you want stuff for the flights, just keep an eye on the expiration dates
Wow I didn’t know they carried all of this. I need a new umbrella since I left mine in American Eagle for 10 minutes and came back and it was gone. I searched umbrella and came across the luggage, bags, and travel category. So much good stuff now off to find price matches because a lot of this stuff seems overpriced.

Anyone know if u can use Best Buy gift cards to purchase in store gift cards. My husband has accumulated $700 worth of BB gift cards gifted to him @ Xmas. I’m curious as to whether or not Disney gift cards were an option. I’m thinking no, but hoping yes:).

Wow I didn’t know they carried all of this. I need a new umbrella since I left mine in American Eagle for 10 minutes and came back and it was gone. I searched umbrella and came across the luggage, bags, and travel category. So much good stuff now off to find price matches because a lot of this stuff seems overpriced.
Yep, I saw a TSA lock that was twice as much as Walmart! Just make sure to cross your t's and dot those i's for a price match (eligible retailer, exact item). Oooh... looks like you can price match via chat for online purchases. Haven't done it myself but I might be trying that soon!

Does Best Buy price match from third party Amazon/Walmart sellers?
"Our Price Match Guarantee does not cover:
  • Products shipped from or sold by third-party sellers on websites."
:( sounds like it has to be shipped and sold by the specified retailer. Idk if they would consider Walmart a local retailer competitor?...

CAREFUL! Don't issue a cert for more than the value of the item you want to buy. At least online, idk if you could do it in-store but I wouldn't count on it! I issued a $50 rewards cert for a $49.99 item because I thought with tax that's over $50. I'm now being notified online I cannot use my cert because it exceeds the value of the item I want to purchase- I forgot when you purchase an item using a rewards cert you aren't charged tax :badpc::badpc::badpc:

ETA: added another item I needed, issued another cert to cover both items as much as possible while still leaving something to be charged to my credit card and now I'm good. Sheesh. I didn't end up price matching because oddly enough BB had the better price on this power bank anyway.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter