Things to buy with Best Buy rewards for Disney Trip?

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by Teal03, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Teal03

Teal03 Mouseketeer

Trying to make use of my total savings for my trip now that we can’t use their rewards for gift cards. What are some things you guys buy?

2. kaytieeldr

kaytieeldr Post hoc, ergo propter hoc

Camera? DVD player? Toys for the kids? Best Buy doesn't really seem to sell much vacation-need stuff.

Teal03 likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. starry_solo

starry_solo DIS Veteran

Chargers for phones? Movies for the car (if driving)? Snacks?

Tikitoi and Teal03 like this.
  5. Disneyfan754321

Disneyfan754321 Mouseketeer

Can you buy gift cards? They have everything

Other than that I say a portable charger for your phones. We bought a portable dvd player we use it in the car, in the hotel room sometimes even at dinner.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
  6. willowsnn3

willowsnn3 DIS Veteran

I tried to use a $5.00 rewards last week for a Disney gift card & cashier said you couldn't use the rewards for a gc. Sometimes I get a percentage off from a previous purchase but don't know if you can use that for a gift card or not.

7. miztressuz

miztressuz DIS Veteran

Not anymore, they made a change in February and can't use the rewards certs for GCs now.

8. Tikitoi

Tikitoi DIS Veteran

Also tried to buy a GC last week but they said it wasn't allowed. So ended up buying earbuds for our upcoming flights.

gottalovepluto likes this.
  9. gottalovepluto

gottalovepluto DIS Veteran

Electric tooth brush heads, K-Cups, batteries, portable power pack, car charger with usb outlet, phone or tablet cases, thermal travel mugs, travel umbrella, just stumbled on a garment cover by Samsonite as well as an electronic luggage scale. Hairdryers if anyone in the house is in the market. Travel pillows. Remember to price match items if something looks overpriced https://www.bestbuy.com/site/custom...ee/pcmcat290300050002.c?id=pcmcat290300050002

ETA: ours sells various candies and munchies if you want stuff for the flights, just keep an eye on the expiration dates

tink1970, Teal03 and Tikitoi like this.
  10. JinxedSydney

JinxedSydney Lurker Extraordinare

Second a portable charger. Have a Mophi and it's fantastic.

Teal03 likes this.
  11. Jimsig

Jimsig DIS Veteran

A small case that fits in a carry on to store stuff in while either in the car or on an airplane. You can put any extra phone cords, ear buds, cell phone power packs, etc for the stuff that always seem to make the way to the bottom of the bag.

Tikitoi and Teal03 like this.
  12. Teal03

Teal03 Mouseketeer

Thank you all for your suggestions
    Wow I didn’t know they carried all of this. I need a new umbrella since I left mine in American Eagle for 10 minutes and came back and it was gone. I searched umbrella and came across the luggage, bags, and travel category. So much good stuff now off to find price matches because a lot of this stuff seems overpriced.

13. Teal03

Teal03 Mouseketeer

Does Best Buy price match from third party Amazon/Walmart sellers?

14. lorilclevelandrn

lorilclevelandrn Mouseketeer

Anyone know if u can use Best Buy gift cards to purchase in store gift cards. My husband has accumulated $700 worth of BB gift cards gifted to him @ Xmas. I’m curious as to whether or not Disney gift cards were an option. I’m thinking no, but hoping yes:).

15. gottalovepluto

Yep, I saw a TSA lock that was twice as much as Walmart! Just make sure to cross your t's and dot those i's for a price match (eligible retailer, exact item). Oooh... looks like you can price match via chat for online purchases. Haven't done it myself but I might be trying that soon!

Tikitoi likes this.
  16. gottalovepluto

No you can't.

Teal03 likes this.
  17. gottalovepluto

"Our Price Match Guarantee does not cover:
    • Products shipped from or sold by third-party sellers on websites."
    :( sounds like it has to be shipped and sold by the specified retailer. Idk if they would consider Walmart a local retailer competitor?...

Teal03 likes this.
  18. gottalovepluto

CAREFUL! Don't issue a cert for more than the value of the item you want to buy. At least online, idk if you could do it in-store but I wouldn't count on it! I issued a $50 rewards cert for a $49.99 item because I thought with tax that's over $50. I'm now being notified online I cannot use my cert because it exceeds the value of the item I want to purchase- I forgot when you purchase an item using a rewards cert you aren't charged tax :badpc::badpc::badpc:

ETA: added another item I needed, issued another cert to cover both items as much as possible while still leaving something to be charged to my credit card and now I'm good. Sheesh. I didn't end up price matching because oddly enough BB had the better price on this power bank anyway.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019 at 12:48 PM
    Teal03 likes this.
  19. lorilclevelandrn

lorilclevelandrn Mouseketeer

Dang it!