These Kids Make Me Wish You Could Curse on the DISBoards (May '11 Trip) - DONE 9/14

Ok, so we laid out our tentative ADRs and park schedule:

Wed - Arrive, Maya Grille

Thu - MK, Columbia Harbor House, 'Ohana

Fri - Epcot, Sunshine Seasons, Coral Reef

Sat - DHS, Backlot Express, Cape May Clambake

Sun - MK, Cosmic Ray's, Crystal Palace

Mon - Epcot, Yorkshire Fish & Chips, Akershus

Tue - AK, Flame Tree, Big River Grille and Brewing Works/ESPN Zone/???

Wed - Epcot, ????, La Hacienda

Thu - CSR Pool, Siestas, Rose & Crown Pub

Fri - Epcot, ????, Biergarten

Sat - MK, Columbia Harbor House, Kona Cafe

Sun - Depart, Pepper Market

Arrival Day (if we get there early enough) - Maya Grille

Kristin is ECSTATIC that we got the kids to agree on Crystal Palace over Chef Mickey's. We need a break!

We're mostly looking for suggestions for our Tuesday dinner and various Epcot quick service lunches. Thanks again!

Ok, so we laid out our tentative ADRs and park schedule:

Wed - Arrive, Maya Grille

Thu - MK, Columbia Harbor House, 'Ohana

Fri - Epcot, Sunshine Seasons, Coral Reef

Sat - DHS, Backlot Express, Cape May Clambake

Sun - MK, Cosmic Ray's, Crystal Palace

Mon - Epcot, Yorkshire Fish & Chips, Akershus

Tue - AK, Flame Tree, Big River Grille and Brewing Works/ESPN Zone/???

Wed - Epcot, ????, La Hacienda

Thu - CSR Pool, Siestas, Rose & Crown Pub

Fri - Epcot, ????, Biergarten

Sat - MK, Columbia Harbor House, Kona Cafe

Sun - Depart, Pepper Market

Arrival Day (if we get there early enough) - Maya Grille

Kristin is ECSTATIC that we got the kids to agree on Crystal Palace over Chef Mickey's. We need a break!

We're mostly looking for suggestions for our Tuesday dinner and various Epcot quick service lunches. Thanks again!

Can't believe you already have your plans mapped out for next year!!!!! Nothing like being an uber planner.

Tuesday dinner? I heard the Captains Grille at the YC is really good. Never been there, so I'm not sure.

:cool1: Yeah for Crystal Palace - its my favorite because I love Eeyore so much!!!!!!

Can't believe you already have your plans mapped out for next year!!!!! Nothing like being an uber planner.

From now until when we leave (only 219 days!), it will become a ritual that as soon as we sit down at the Brew Works (once a week at least), the pen and paper come out immediately :) We managed to keep our plans close to what they originally were last year, so we'll see if we can do that again this year. I have a feeling we'll see a few switches.

I believe that Monica's Main problem with Duffy is his infringement on Mickey territory. She would utter under her breath every time she saw him something about how Mickey was the face of Disney, there didn't need to be any bear who was not associated with a Disney movie. and on and on..:confused3 She was quite excitable about the entire thing. I found her little rants to be quite funny, but I think she was pretty serious about it. :happytv:

OMG I almost missed the Grand Finalepixiedust:

Your top tens are awesome....and the CSR photos. We have GOT to go back there. I am thinking of some financial irresponsibility and sneaking in a surprise trip over thanksgiving. June feels so far away!!

Are you doing Akershus for breakfast? their bfast is yummy -combo of family style for hot eggs & stuff, buffet for cold foods. best of both worlds there.

BTW .... do you have a personalized plate? I saw one w/your name & a WDW magnet the other day, parked behind it actually (a mini van -- blue I think), and wondered.....

I can't wait for the next trip! You TR was funtastic!:woohoo::laughing: and I have thoroughly enjoyed the ride!

OMG I almost missed the Grand Finalepixiedust:

Your top tens are awesome....and the CSR photos. We have GOT to go back there. I am thinking of some financial irresponsibility and sneaking in a surprise trip over thanksgiving. June feels so far away!!

Are you doing Akershus for breakfast? their bfast is yummy -combo of family style for hot eggs & stuff, buffet for cold foods. best of both worlds there.

BTW .... do you have a personalized plate? I saw one w/your name & a WDW magnet the other day, parked behind it actually (a mini van -- blue I think), and wondered.....

I can't wait for the next trip! You TR was funtastic!:woohoo::laughing: and I have thoroughly enjoyed the ride!

You playin' on the DIS boards again cuz?

Thanks for another great trip report! I'm excited for your next trip already. Have you tried La Cantina at Mexico since they redid the menu? That and Sunshine Seasons are my two favorite counter service places at Epcot.

I believe that Monica's Main problem with Duffy is his infringement on Mickey territory.

Well, THAT I can understand and accept. I don't think he'll ever reach Mickey level though. Until I see Duffy in two different places within minutes of each other, I'd say the Mouse is safe :)

Thanks! About the plate - did it say "nilla"? If so, it's not me, and I'm upset. But I would like to see that sometime!

Thanks for another great trip report! I'm excited for your next trip already. Have you tried La Cantina at Mexico since they redid the menu? That and Sunshine Seasons are my two favorite counter service places at Epcot.

Is that the one outside? If so, we did eat there on (I believe) our second Epcot day and LOVED it. That was where I saw "Team Day Drinkers", who were sitting there drinking...water? We could very well eat there again, though dinner at La Hacienda may precluded that.

Since the last round of comments, Kristin and I have decided that the Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club is the "winner" for our ???? day. Of course, all of this is subject to change :)

How could you wind up your TR while I was at WDW!? I have enjoyed every minute of it. Your humor is right down my alley, of course anyone that gets Bucky is on the same page with me!

If I ever get caught up with everyone I will start a TR. We had lots of magical moments & did MK like your famiy did. WDW kicked our butts!:upsidedow

You playin' on the DIS boards again cuz?
L - I am SO HOOKED! Trying to finagle a quickie weekend!
nilla said:
Thanks! About the plate - did it say "nilla"? If so, it's not me, nd I'm upset. But I would like to see that sometime!
No, if it had said nilla that would be something! It said Jon ;-)

BnoIs that the one outside? If so, we did eat there on (I believe) our second Epcot day and LOVED it. That was where I saw "Team Day Drin

I found your trip report yesterday afternoon and spent a good part of last night and this morning reading it all. :surfweb: I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed every part of it, especially the World Showcase comments and random music references throughout.

Your stories about your children remind me a lot of how I got along (or didn't) with my brother when we were growing up. I'm sure my parents wished they could curse at Disney in the 70's with us.

I found your trip report yesterday afternoon and spent a good part of last night and this morning reading it all. :surfweb: I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed every part of it, especially the World Showcase comments and random music references throughout.

Your stories about your children remind me a lot of how I got along (or didn't) with my brother when we were growing up. I'm sure my parents wished they could curse at Disney in the 70's with us.

Now that's dedication! I'm happy you stumbled upon this TR, and even happier that you enjoyed it. Only about 230 more days until the next one!

Well, I finally had time to finish your trip report! The beginning of school is always so hectic around here! Your TR was terrific. Kudos to Kristin and her planning. You did so much. I lol when you talked about the PSSA's -- I say take your kids out of school. Those tests have done nothing but stifled creativity and higher order thinking(sorry-one of my pet peeves in life). I like your restaurant choices- I am going on an adult only trip in January and we are trying the Wave. We are also trying Flying fish, and Narcoose but I wouldn't take my kids there. I'll let you know how it is. Looking forward to your next TR!

Hi, Jon. I just wanted to pop in and say hi. We are still in Florida (we are on Marco Island until we fly home on Wednesday). I will be doing a TR, but wanted to give you a little heads up -- we LOVED both of our new resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter