"There's Nothing To Do At Disney World!" Jan '17 Weekend TR **05/19 X2**

2 AM comes by reeeeaaaal fast when you didn't fall asleep until like, 10:30 PM.

Yet, I managed to spring out of bed a lot faster than I do after seven hours of sleep, when I'm waking up for work.

Go figure.

That's weird! Really? Huh!

:rolleyes1

You may have heard, Canada can sometimes be a little chilly.

It can? Is this new?

Around 3, I got a text saying our driver was on the way.

:sad2:

Then Amber pointed out that the door was still closed. They hadn't opened the security area yet.

Phew.

:faint:

He actually ended up being pretty easy going with us. He looked at our boarding pass and asked us if we were going to see the Mouse, which we confirmed. He then told us that if you take your passport into Guest Services in the Magic Kingdom, they'll stamp it with a Main Street USA seal.

That was pretty much the extent of our questioning, and then we were on our way.

Well that was both 1. a relief and 2. pretty funny actually.

And the gate agent looked down at the counter, picked up two boarding passes that had been printed, and said oh, these are yours.

Well thanks.

:sad2: I guess they figured you weren't interested.

We were in the air before too long, and I tried to take a picture of the clouds while it was still a little dark out.

002_zpsg0ucwsty.jpg

I love the colour in that shot.

She woke up as we were starting our descent into Orlando, and was obviously very excited.

005_zpsnyf29wqp.jpg

And very toasty looking.

Amber took this picture to post on Instagram. Where in the world are we?

Mumbai?

It was less than five minutes until we were underway, and we both were still having a bit of a hard time believing we were actually on our way to Disney World.

I bet! You didn't have the year long countdown first!

Soon, we were seeing this.

011_zpstiaeuwcj.jpg

Another Mears bus! Yay!

As we walked in, we were greeted by this sight.

021_zpsco3uceg1.jpg

Lucky! She's great.
Although I prefer to see her once she's situated.
(That's the area she comes out of behind her, I believe.)

Any guesses where we were off to?

No. I don't know Mumbai at all.

Do it! And then go back and undo it if there's no improvement.

That sounds like a headache. I'll stick to the good old boring dealing with things as they happen I think :P

So that must've made the time go by quickly.

One would think XD

Well that was both 1. a relief and 2. pretty funny actually.

It was especially crazy thinking back on it afternoon, because that happened right around the time that the first travel ban started in the States. What a mess.

:sad2: I guess they figured you weren't interested.

Or maybe they took one look at me and though, this girl looks like she's about to have a panic attack, better not let her on the flight.

Little did they know, IT WAS ALL THEIR FAULT.

And very toasty looking.

That would be about the only time during the trip :P

I bet! You didn't have the year long countdown first!

There's definitely something to be said for both long and short countdowns!

Lucky! She's great.
Although I prefer to see her once she's situated.
(That's the area she comes out of behind her, I believe.)

Hopefully we'll be able to see her properly next month, but I was glad to have even just caught a glimpse of her for once.

Day 1, Part 6 - "I Feel Like A VIP!"

We make a quick stop in the gift shop before heading to the buses, because we'd realized upon unpacking some of our toiletries that we'd forgotten to bring a toothbrush, and by the time we returned from the After Hours event, the store would be closed. I wish I could say that is the only thing we had to buy because of bad planning whilst packing.

We were in and out pretty quickly, and then waited maybe a couple of minutes in line for a Magic Kingdom bus to show up. The ride there was about what we'd expected in terms of length, and because it was getting a little later in the evening, bag check was a breeze. I got selected to go through additional screening, but to be honest, I kinda walked myself into it. I thought they were screening everyone at that point so I angled a bit toward the metal detector, and by the time I realized it was still at random, the security guard spotted me and directed me that way. Well done, self.

It's okay though, because soon, we were standing in front of this.

120_zpssuzj4fdd.jpg

Okay, it would have been better without the screen, but it'll do. Besides, it wasn't as bad as... well, you'll see soon enough.

Upon entering, we had of course redeemed our lanyards and cards for the After Hours event, so we had to take a selfie to show off a little.

121_zpsisfegn95.png

Amber said it made her feel like a VIP. Not gonna lie, I did spend most of the pre-event time screening the crowds to see how many people were wearing them, hoping there wouldn't be a lot.

I took a mandatory shot of my favorite sign on property.

122_zpsgekovjqp.jpg

And then, just like that, we were on Main Street USA!

123_zpsurjytsfh.jpg

So gorgeous.

124_zps5ckmtfen.jpg

So grand.

So...

125_zpslbcq7uoc.jpg

Erm... what is that?

Seriously... I get it, those custom made screens are hella expensive.

But lord, what an eye sore.

I think it was made worse by the fact that there was the one painted tarp amidst the brown. Like, put it all up at once or not at all.

Of course, we got over ourselves pretty fast. How could you not, once you turn the corner and there's this ahead?

126_zpsrwalfgyd.jpg

Can you hear angels singing? Cause I can.

127_zps7g5akesj.jpg

52 days cannot go by fast enough.

We made a right once we reached the hub, heading toward our first stop of the night.

128_zpsda8rdxdo.jpg

The crowds were no thinner here than they had been in Animal Kingdom, let me tell you that.

129_zpsrltbbw7a.jpg

130_zps2hvzfhqo.jpg

There were actually already people sitting along the curb on Main Street, waiting for the fireworks, which at that point were still two hours away or so. Pretty crazy for late January.

But we had managed to grab a FastPass upon using up our first three in AK, so we bypassed the masses on a mission to save the galaxy.

131_zpsioak5adp.jpg

As it turns out, we didn't bypass them super fast. The ride was down, so the FastPass line reached the door. Great.

We decided to wait it out a bit, and it took maybe five minutes before the line started moving again, so not too bad.

132_zpsfrknmlp3.jpg

133_zpsp1uzul1j.jpg

I feel like I've heard rumors of refurbs in Buzz's future. If that's the case, I just hope they make it like it is in Disneyland. I feel like I'd get a much better score if I were able to move the gun around.

135_zpsa6vdwnei.jpg

As usual, Amber did well and I did terribly.

136_zpsqucklevj.jpeg

Somehow, I still enjoy it though.

We then made our way to our next attraction of the evening.

137_zps4zpr1ytg.jpg

Carousel of Progress!

Even when we're in the Magic Kingdom for a few mere hours, we still can't pass it up.

Although, it was also tempting to go in and join with the dance party.

138_zpsa7f9wjja.jpg

But I'm not that big a dancer anyway.

139_zpsxeimlet0.jpg

So we enjoyed watching the American family go through the years, and gladly sang along.

We had one more thing we wanted to get done in Tomorrowland before the regular park hours were over, because it wouldn't be running then, but it would have to wait until after the fireworks, because at that point we had somewhere to be.

140_zps9xkd73lt.jpg

Yep, dessert party!

141_zpswojbikb3.jpg

We decided to book it because we didn't feel like spending limited park hours just waiting around for a good spot. Especially since, as I mentioned, some people had already started to get their own spots before we'd even entered the park. So, we decided to make this our 'dinner' of sorts, since we would also get free snacks later in the evening, and guarantee ourselves a great viewing spot for the fireworks.

142_zpskg3yeshp.jpg

Scroll for next post

Reactions: DLo
Day 1, Part 7 - "I Think Tiana's Texting In The Corner"

We ate to our heart's content (which isn't really that much ultimately when mostly all you've got is sweets. It gets old pretty fast. Although, for that I do appreciate the cheese and crackers option), and before too long it was time to head over to the Plaza Garden.

143_zpsalgfdfz9.jpg

We first got ourselves settled up against the railing, because it was hard to know how many people would be coming along. There had seemed to be a fair amount when seated at the Tomorrowland Terrace, but I guess it had to do with placement, because it ended up being still a fairly empty space around the garden area.

We saw the new castle projection show for the first time then, and I have to say...

Eh.

Okay, it's actually rather nice. The projection work is great, although a bit too centered - it makes it a bit more difficult to appreciate the view from any given angle, and from where we were, there were often trees in the way that basically hid everything that was going on.

But ultimately, my biggest complain about it is... I feel there's just no emotional factor to it? Not in the same way Celebrate the Magic had. Maybe it always comes down to it being the first castle show we saw. But I'll miss seeing Walt pop up on the castle. And this new show just doesn't make me tear up at all - the music just isn't emotionally charged for me. It's a nice song you'd enjoy singing along to, with nothing more.

After the projection show was done, we decided to move a bit further back so that we may actually sit down. We figured anyone that would show up would have done so by then, so any empty space was fair game.

144_zpsk0lgfaah.jpg

And so, we sat back on the hub grass, huddled a bit closer together because it was pretty chilly, and watched, for what would turn out to be the last time, Wishes.

145_zpsibwocggd.jpg

I don't think I can put into words how much I will miss Wishes. Again, the nostalgia factor will come into play, for sure. And it's good that they are trying to innovate and change things up. Ultimately, I am now even more thankful that we took this trip, because although we didn't know it then, we were able to see my favorite fireworks show one last time.

I will say, what I've heard from the new soundtrack, I do like. The song itself is very Disney to me. I am a little apprehensive, however, about their calling it a Nighttime Spectacular, and the talk of projections and laser show and such combining with the fireworks. If it matches up to the Diamond Celebration fireworks at Disneyland, fine. If it's on the scale of the Star Wars fireworks, no. I like the Star Wars fireworks - they're great for what they are, and they are suited to Hollywood Studios. But fireworks that are suited for Hollywood Studios are not suited for the Magic Kingdom. I expect more, and I hope they'll deliver.

Once the fireworks were over, we lingered for a couple of minutes before deciding it was time to go.

146_zpsfcnamxsl.jpg

Our first stop (which, I somehow have no pictures of) was to go and ride the PeopleMove a couple of times.

We then proceeded to spend a good part of the following half hour rushing around the various stores, trying to find... a sweatshirt.

Great usage of time, no?

This was one hundred percent my fault, no point in denying that. We had looked up the weather forecast prior to leaving. We could see it would be chilly. But I figured, I have sweaters. I'm gonna be wearing long sleeves. That's gonna be plenty enough!

It wasn't enough at all.

Unfortunately, there only appeared to be one decent sweatshirt around property, as far as warmth factor went - there were plenty that were made of a very thin material that would do nothing to help, but the sweatshirt that was part of the 2017 merchandise was definitely perfect for the job.

Except, there were absolutely none in my size. Anywhere. Emporium, Star Traders. Nada. They had a bunch of pretty much every other size, but mine. I tried one size up and one size down, but the former wouldn't have zipped up, and I was drowning in the latter.

By that point, it was getting right about to the start of the After Hours event, and although I was cold and annoyed with myself, I didn't want to be wasting any of that time shopping. And I didn't want to spend money on something that wouldn't do, or that I wouldn't like (I wanted one that zipped up, for sure). So we left the Emporium empty handed, and headed on to better adventures.

147_zpsxsfwtldr.jpg

We decided to start our evening with Fantasyland, so we headed back through the castle.

149_zpswzdmhvhj.jpg

And made our first stop of the night... the Teacups!

150_zpsbsveafcr.jpg

I actually go Amber on the teacups!

Which will be the first and only time this will happen. She did not appreciate at all.

So to make up for it, we headed to one of her favorite rides next.

151_zps7qtilvqu.jpg

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, of course!

152_zpssyzjgd1e.jpg

Not gonna lie, even I was pretty glad to be in there. It's always so nice and toasty in there.

Our next stop involved royalty.

153_zpsaz5usvln.jpg

I mean, it was literally empty.

154_zpsf1bi7sef.jpg

155_zpsvvqvrmt2.jpg

We walked right in and right up to the front of the line, and then were let in within seconds.

156_zps34cal9u0.jpg

We were actually by ourselves in the room with the princesses. Which, I'm not a great conversationalist, so it was a tad bit awkward to have all the attention to oneself, but of course, the princesses are always so lovely to meet.

First up was Tiana.

157_zpsa5yofxuh.jpeg

Gorgeous as usual, though I can't remember what we talked about.

158_zpscqwxqvcv.jpeg

159_zpsldacbpti.jpeg

And next was Rapunzel.

160_zpsnalwyh7u.jpeg

She's always prone to commenting on our bows, or our pins, because they're so colorful.

161_zpsilfryfnm.jpeg

We were in and out pretty quickly, and at that point it'd still just been us in the room - which explains why, as we exited, we spotted Tiana over in a corner, phone in hand. We were both pretty amused as we left the room.

We made our way out, and then right back in. We couldn't just meet one set of princesses, after all!

162_zpsnp4mz6vj.jpeg

Cinderella was next.

163_zpsrqqdgelj.jpeg

164_zpsghwbofmz.jpeg

And then, we got to meet Elena for the first time!

165_zpswkbi0bdb.jpeg

She is so, so pretty, and I looove her dress.

We haven't really watched her show, but it doesn't really matter upon meeting her, and she's really fun to meet, so don't let that hold you back for sure.

166_zpsglgn4y36.jpeg

167_zpseho4yyss.jpeg

Scroll for next post

Day 1, Part 8 - "I'm Feeling A Little Judged"

We were very happy to have gotten to meet all four lovely princesses in such a short amount of time, and then of course, it was time to move on to whatever would be next for us!

168_zpsbm1cz2va.jpg

Wait.

169_zpszisys6v5.jpg

Yep. What was next for us was, going right back in.

The Cast Members looked at us a little weird as we did, too. Like, you spent that money to meet princesses all night? Alright, whatever.

But see, we'd forgotten something, which we realized after we exited from the very first half of the meet.

We'd bought a card for Amber's friend, who had agreed to come over by our place and check on our kitty princess while we'd be gone. And we'd planned on getting it signed by the princesses.

Which we did, once we got to Cinderella and Elena. But we'd completely forgotten to get Tiana and Rapunzel's signatures! And since we were pretty sure she wouldn't know Elena, we felt we had to go back in and get the first two ladies' autographs. Thankfully, there was still nobody around, so it didn't cost us too much time.

And, much to our surprise, there were two sets of friends working that night.

170_zpsebdzhmaj.jpeg

With the crowd level, we had not anticipated that. But we did feel a little relieved to be led into a different room. Less people weirded out by our returning so soon.

171_zpsy1lt1hwz.jpeg

172_zpsismyrzym.jpeg

Our second meet with both Tiana and Rapunzel ended up being great, too, so I can't regret it.

173_zps7qzqj01w.jpeg

174_zpsiebnvrhh.jpeg

Rapunzel asked us to help her figure out the best place to sign in the card, which we were glad to do so.

175_zps6mr6k1jm.jpeg

Upon seeing this picture, Amber was like, "What am I doing? Why do I always stand so weird?". Such a silly she is.

176_zpsu4rzv2df.jpeg

And then, for real, we were off to new adventures!

177_zps9ofqv0sc.jpg

We decided that our next stop should be a ride that you can typically never standby.

178_zps5472cl3p.jpg

179_zpsrlzjqc8z.jpg

Peter Pan's Flight!

180_zpstylacirh.jpg

181_zpsotn7rfub.jpg

I'm not gonna lie, it's neither of our favorites. But I'd really been wanting to see the new queue, and since it was open, we decided we might as well head in!

I'm glad we did though, because it is a really nicely themed queue, and really cute.

You've got the Darling children.

182_zpsxwixlh5m.jpg

And of course, their parents.

183_zpsosbrgjky.jpg

Looking out over the city's night sky.

184_zpslxr4wcm0.jpg

And then of course, the nursery, with the childrens' beds.

185_zpsyouwelas.jpg

186_zpslg3uj69p.jpg

187_zpsfxejbqvn.jpg

188_zps9xipe5cy.jpg

We did, of course, ride the ride still, but I'm mostly glad we got to explore the queue. And if I'm entirely honest, this ride's mechanism, though pretty cool, always makes me a little afraid.

After getting off, we decided we were good with Fantasyland for the time being. We planned on returning, but we knew we'd head off to Tomorrowland before the night was over, so we figured whatever we'd missed, we'd hit up on the way there.

189_zpsc8ujam5r.jpg

For now though, it was time for some Liberty Square and Frontierland time.

190_zpspwaqaqyp.jpg

Click for next post

Last edited:
Reactions: DLo
I wish I could say that is the only thing we had to buy because of bad planning whilst packing.
It happens to the best of us. I left my swimsuit home one time. Oops.

Well done, self.
:rotfl2:

Okay, it would have been better without the screen, but it'll do.
Boo...hiss! I'm glad the refurb is done!

Erm... what is that?
I've heard some of this is down but not all. It needs to be gone by June!

How could you not, once you turn the corner and there's this ahead?
Beautiful sight!

Can you hear angels singing? Cause I can.
Absolutely!

Carousel of Progress!
One of my faves!

Yep, dessert party!
Yay!

We ate to our heart's content (which isn't really that much ultimately when mostly all you've got is sweets. It gets old pretty fast.
I'm a tad worried about this because we are doing the Star Wars one in June. They do have some savory items though.

it ended up being still a fairly empty space around the garden area.
If I ever did the Wishes dessert party, it would be for this...a good view that isn't that crowded and you didn't have to line up for. But it is really expensive for what you get, so I probably won't.

We saw the new castle projection show for the first time then, and I have to say...

Eh.
I've only seen you tube videos of it, but I have basically said the same. I don't even know if we are going to watch it in June.

But ultimately, my biggest complain about it is... I feel there's just no emotional factor to it? Not in the same way Celebrate the Magic had.
Agreed! And I only saw CtM twice...both times last year...and I thought it was wonderful! I watch it on you tube occasionally and miss it so. Just like MSEP!

watched, for what would turn out to be the last time, Wishes.
Boo hoo!

I don't think I can put into words how much I will miss Wishes.
Another one I miss and have to watch on you tube on occasion.

I hope they'll deliver.
I have higher hopes for this than the CtM replacement, but I'm not really sure why. We'll see.

Our first stop (which, I somehow have no pictures of) was to go and ride the PeopleMover a couple of times.
Another fave! Especially at night!

We then proceeded to spend a good part of the following half hour rushing around the various stores, trying to find... a sweatshirt.

Great usage of time, no?
Oops.

I actually go Amber on the teacups!

Which will be the first and only time this will happen. She did not appreciate at all.
I wouldn't have appreciated it either! LOL

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, of course!
My 5 year old's favorite. But it scares the crap out of my 3 year old. Huh?? Go figure.

And then, we got to meet Elena for the first time!
Funny story....my boys are so "boyish" right? "No princesses, Mommy!" But they will totally watch this if it comes on. She is kind of adventurous, so maybe that's it. But they sing the song all the time and my 3 year old says he wants to meet her! We probably won't but it's all just funny to me. Of course, I caught my 5 year old watching Sophia the other day...hahaha.

I don't think I can put into words how much I will miss Wishes. Again, the nostalgia factor will come into play, for sure. And it's good that they are trying to innovate and change things up.

Same! Wishes is one of only two fireworks displays I've seen in Magic Kingdom (the Pirate and Princess one being the other) and I'll miss it for sure! I'm under strict order from my friend Liz that I have to film it during my next trip for her.

Which, I'm not a great conversationalist, so it was a tad bit awkward to have all the attention to oneself,

This is my biggest problem with face characters - I am an awkward person! I'm great with Jen because she's so much more gung-ho about it than I am, but when they turn their attention on me I'm just not sure what to say!

She is so, so pretty, and I looove her dress.

Me too! Ugh, so pretty!

It happens to the best of us. I left my swimsuit home one time. Oops.

We're usually pretty good at packing all we need, but I think this time around was just much more rushed so that didn't help. One of our friends did once forget to bring a bathing suit when we were going on a cruise.

I've heard some of this is down but not all. It needs to be gone by June!

I hope so! I don't remember the last time we've been to Disney that there wasn't a screen. In August they were doing refurbs to the Haunted Mansion, and then the train and the Emporium in January. In hindsight it's such a small thing, but it does kinda ruins the atmosphere.

I'm a tad worried about this because we are doing the Star Wars one in June. They do have some savory items though.

From what I remember, they have the crackers and cheese option, and then maybe some veggies? To be honest, aside from the tomato/mozzarella on a toothpick, we mostly had desserts.

If I ever did the Wishes dessert party, it would be for this...a good view that isn't that crowded and you didn't have to line up for. But it is really expensive for what you get, so I probably won't.

I mean, for us, they're all kinda the same worth. We don't really drink alcohol, so paying the extra for the other fireworks show doesn't give us a 'you get more for what you pay' feel than the Wishes fireworks. The one I'd probably never pay for is for IllumiNations. There's just so much space around the lagoon to find a nice spot, whereas it's a bit trickier for Wishes or the Star Wars fireworks, so I can't justify it really.

Another one I miss and have to watch on you tube on occasion.

Yep, thank goodness for people who get great videos of the fireworks shows and such!

I have higher hopes for this than the CtM replacement, but I'm not really sure why. We'll see.

I feel like... the whole concept of ending the night at the Magic Kingdom for the fireworks, it's such a big deal to so many people. If they don't deliver, it'll be such a huge disappointment.

Same! Wishes is one of only two fireworks displays I've seen in Magic Kingdom (the Pirate and Princess one being the other) and I'll miss it for sure! I'm under strict order from my friend Liz that I have to film it during my next trip for her.

We've seen the Halloween Party and Christmas Party fireworks as well, but obviously the feel is very different from what Wishes is. I'm really hopeful it'll compare. I guess we'll see what happens in May.

This is my biggest problem with face characters - I am an awkward person! I'm great with Jen because she's so much more gung-ho about it than I am, but when they turn their attention on me I'm just not sure what to say!

I think especially because as an adult, you've conversing with another adult and it's like... obviously they have to be who they are, but then it's like, I'm playing along but I know what's really up, and is it as weird for them as it is for me? It's still special though, obviously - I was super excited to meet Moana. Maybe it's easier for people who aren't socially awkward to just embrace it for what it is.

Gotta love when you get VIP badges

82210-Waynes-World-backstage-passes-n3aI.gif

Seems like a smart move to do the dessert party when you have limited times - and definitely nice to have room and sit down and see the show!

I didn't think of it at the time but how great that you did decide to take this trip and b/c of it you got to see Wishes one more time. I am going to miss Wishes but I am excited for the new show - the song they have been showing bits of seems to give me similar *feels* as I get from Wishes, so I am cautiously optimistic.

Bummer about now finding a sweatshirt though!

Fun story of meeting the princesses and then having to go back to get the signatures on the card for your friend - which was very nice of you both to do!

I did really like the new queue for Peter Pan, especially the interactive parts ... but hard to justfiy the super long wait the ride often gets (and then if you FP it you skip the queue)

Gotta love when you get VIP badges

82210-Waynes-World-backstage-passes-n3aI.gif

That's definitely the feel Amber got out of it :P

Seems like a smart move to do the dessert party when you have limited times - and definitely nice to have room and sit down and see the show!

We just felt we had such a limited amount of time to spend in MK, we didn't want to spend an hour or more of it waiting for the fireworks, so it worked out well for us. I do wish they still offered FastPasses for the fireworks, though.

I didn't think of it at the time but how great that you did decide to take this trip and b/c of it you got to see Wishes one more time. I am going to miss Wishes but I am excited for the new show - the song they have been showing bits of seems to give me similar *feels* as I get from Wishes, so I am cautiously optimistic.

I'm trying to be open minded about it. I just hope that their going heavy on projections won't mean a downgrade in fireworks. It's nice and all, but it's not the same feel. And I think it would ruin things like... watching from the surrounding resorts and the TTC. I'm gonna try to keep in mind the fact that they've started a new fireworks dinner thing at the California Grill, so it has to be something worth viewing from there. Then again, Disney doesn't always do things for logic over money. But I am gonna miss Wishes no matter what.

I did really like the new queue for Peter Pan, especially the interactive parts ... but hard to justfiy the super long wait the ride often gets (and then if you FP it you skip the queue)

We're not that big on Peter Pan's Flight in general (Amber doesn't really like Peter Pan at all) so for us it'd never be worth it to standby it when the wait is long. And usually, the only times it's not long is first thing in the morning, and we tend to have other priorities at that point in time, too. So I am glad we did get to have a look at it since it'll probably be the only time, at least for a long time. Maybe we'll have to spend more time in it once we have kids.

Enjoying your report so far! Making me wish my next trip wasn't SOOOOO far away (9/8/17) :flower1:

Enjoying your report so far! Making me wish my next trip wasn't SOOOOO far away (9/8/17) :flower1:

Thank you! I'm glad you're enjoying it :)

I totally get you. Our trip is coming along pretty shortly, and it still feels ages away. I'm sure your trip will be there before you know it, though. Honestly, ever since we've hit single digits, I feel like time has flown by, and now, crazily enough, we're less than 50 days away.

Alright, let's get this into gears! I haven't been super consistent at updating since January, but now, I have all my pictures arranged, and I know exactly how many more updates I need to do. Meaning, I'll be able to spread them out at decent updating intervals before the end of May, and finish this tiny trip TR before we leave for our next trip!

Day 1, Part 9 - "I Think My Ice Cream Is Too Cold"

As we exited the Tangled bathrooms area, we made our way toward our next attraction.

191_zpskkly6sxn.jpg

Which, of course, was the Haunted Mansion.

192_zpsmgsom24w.jpg

It was about as much of a walk on at the Haunted Mansion can be. We basically walked right into the stretching room.

193_zpsg1ry9rzr.jpg

We, once again, passed up on the offer of becoming the 1000th Happy Haunt, and ditched our hitch-hiking ghosts - no following us home tonight, boys!

We decided that right about then was a great time to pick up our first free treat of the night!

I went with something I'd never gotten before, because I wouldn't really pay for it even if I was curious to try it.

194_zpszojhszin.jpg

Chocolate covered banana.

I'm really glad I've never paid for it before. It was not great. I ate maybe half of it before I had to admit I just wasn't liking it at all and threw it away, although I felt badly for wasting it.

Amber went a safer route and picked up a Mickey ice cream sandwich.

195_zps1sk7h7t3.jpg

Which, strangely, she actually didn't like that much either. She usually loves those Mickey ice cream sandwiches, but she thought it tasted really weird. I had to agree with her after taking a bite, though I wasn't sure if my tastebuds were still reeling from my past mistakes. It almost tasted like the ice cream had turned to me. She thought her problem though was that it was too cold, with the current weather.

So unfortunately, that also went partly to waste. Oh well, we still had some time left to make better snack decisions.

In the meantime though, it was time to ride!

196_zpsfefc2trc.jpg

Big Thunder Mountain, of course!

197_zpsq9eraxkw.jpg

We walked right on again, and headed all the way to the back.

We actually could have stayed on to ride again if we'd wanted - they were telling people to just stay seated if they wanted to ride again.

However, by the time we finished our first ride, there were people waiting to get into our seats, and we felt bad not moving, so we just got out. Once you're out, you can't get back on (which is kinda silly, since they let people on from the exit side when they have a return card or when they're VIPs, but I guess no such luck for the rest of us) so we just went around and got back in line. Obviously, it was still a walk on, so it wasn't that big a deal. Just a few minutes wasted.

We decided to call it good after two, and headed out of Frontierland. It was entirely too cold for us to consider Splash, although it was running, and some people (who were either crazier than us or better prepared than us) were riding it.

We did grab a popcorn and a water from a snack cart next to Big Thunder before making our way back to Liberty Square, then on to Fantasyland.

198_zps1y4v2paf.jpg

199_zpscszekybe.jpg

Where we decided to stop by PhilharMagic, because I do love that show, and it was our only Magic Kingdom day of this short trip, so our only chance to see it.

200_zpswgufw3xq.jpg

We waited probably five or ten minutes before the current showing was over and we were let in, and then sat wherever we wanted because there had to be less than a dozen people in with us.

Next up was what is probably the biggest draw of these events for a lot of people.

201_zpsrg3vxtpm.jpg

7 Dwarves Mine Train!

Unfortunately, the standby queue was closed, so we had to use the FastPass entrance, which was a bit disappointing as, like for Peter Pan's Flight, we had hoped to get a glimpse of it, since we'd never otherwise standby 7DMT.

202_zpsijc6scen.jpg

Maybe someday we'll take the time to do it first thing in the morning, just to say we've seen it. Maybe. We'll see what the future holds for us.

203_zps04crmjmc.jpg

As it is, this isn't one of our favorite rides. We just decided to do it since we figured, no wait, why not. Those seats are just entirely too uncomfortable, though.

It was nice to do it at night, though. Ultimately, it's a nice experience, too. Not a bad ride at all. It just won't ever be a favorite of ours, although I will include it in our plans when we return with my family, since Snow White is my Aunt's favorite princess, and she and my Uncle saw it in the midst of construction when they came with us in November 2012.

204_zpsze6lzmjh.jpeg

205_zpsibcplbk4.jpeg

At that point, the evening was already starting to get pretty late. We had time for a few more rides, but we knew we would soon be done. We were still obviously pretty happy with what we'd accomplished, although we didn't set foot in Adventureland at all. Which didn't really bother us - we enjoy Pirates well enough, and Amber does appreciate the puns on the Jungle Cruise, but we're not as big on doing the latter at night as a lot of people are, and we can go a trip without doing either of those and not feel too badly about it. We had other priorities that we were glad to hit up.

Which brings us to our next ride of the night.

206_zpsdqao21rs.jpg

Yep. Winnie the Pooh again.

Which was my suggestion.

See, Amber is always saying how I don't appreciate this ride enough, or recognize its awesomeness. But I'm always fitting it in our FastPass plans for her (often more than necessary) and I was the one who suggested riding it a second time that night instead of doing Buzz.

She doesn't tell you that though, does she :P

All kidding aside, being warm again was pretty nice, so I also enjoyed it to that effect.

Also, we had to gush some more over the cuteness of these.

207_zpsve1mu88a.jpg

How adorable, right?

Click for next post

Last edited:
I must be neat to just walk on all those rides! And added bonus of not having to "move all the way down the row filling in all available seats" at Philhamagic! ;)

I think Mine Train is a rather good ride - probably elevated by how much my kids enjoy it. Fully agree that the seats are not the best

seems like a fun evening so far all in all!

I must be neat to just walk on all those rides! And added bonus of not having to "move all the way down the row filling in all available seats" at Philhamagic! ;)

I think Mine Train is a rather good ride - probably elevated by how much my kids enjoy it. Fully agree that the seats are not the best

seems like a fun evening so far all in all!

I mean, there's really not much that can beat going on ride after ride with no wait time whatsoever. That does pretty well give you the VIP feeling!

I do think it's a nice enough ride, for sure, and I'm 100% certain that kids who enjoy coasters must love it. To me it just doesn't rival with Expedition Everest or Big Thunder, so with the seats being as uncomfortable as they are on top of it, we tend to bypass it in our plans. And the standby isn't something we'd ever wait for it. I'd wait 20 minutes, 30 tops. Then again, that does tend to be our limit for the greater majority of Disney rides, so I suppose it's not that bad an assessment.

Absolutely love everything about your Trip Reports and thoroughly look forward always to reading them.
Thank you so much for taking the time.

Favor: Please use a darker color, larger font if possible. I know I'm old but I'm so hoping it's just not me that has to squint. 8-) I'm also hoping it's not my PC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter