"There's a Man Pointing...And We Missed the Nighttime Parade!" A Feb. '17 TR *Completed 3/8*

Day 2: February 10, 2017
"Um, You're Trying to Go in the Exit."

We made it over to Sunset Blvd. and the theater with plenty of time to spare before the 1:00pm showing of Beauty and the Beast. We took an obligatory MB picture:
IMG_1359.JPG

Beauty and the Beast Live has been one of my favorite Disney shows ever since I was a little girl, and I insist on seeing it every time we go!

IMG_1360.JPG

IMG_1361.JPG

IMG_1363.JPG

IMG_1366.JPG

IMG_1367.JPG

IMG_1369.JPG

IMG_1371.JPG
IMG_1372.JPG

After the show, we made our way out of the theater and wandered through one of the stores on Sunset Blvd. Then, since we had time before our first FP, we decided to hop in the standby line for GMR. That was honestly the fastest we've ever made it through that queue. We didn't stop walking until right before you get in the ride vehicle.

This time we had the cowboy sequence, which I honestly don't think we've ever had before. I did prefer it to the gangster sequence, though. And yes, I am that person that still closes her eyes during the Alien section. :rotfl:

We made it over to Sunset Blvd. and the theater with plenty of time to spare before the 1:00pm showing of Beauty and the Beast. We took an obligatory MB picture:

Beauty and the Beast Live has been one of my favorite Disney shows ever since I was a little girl, and I insist on seeing it every time we go!

After the show, we made our way out of the theater and wandered through one of the stores on Sunset Blvd. Then, since we had time before our first FP, we decided to hop in the standby line for GMR. That was honestly the fastest we've ever made it through that queue. We didn't stop walking until right before you get in the ride vehicle.

This time we had the cowboy sequence, which I honestly don't think we've ever had before. I did prefer it to the gangster sequence, though. And yes, I am that person that still closes her eyes during the Alien section. :rotfl:

I don't know if I've ever had the cowboy scene. I honestly can't remember. I don't close my eyes at the Alien section, but I do kind of sink down into my seat. I know what's going to happen, but for some reason I have the recurring thought that it's physically going to jump out at me one time I ride it, even though I know it's not going to happen. :rotfl2:

I don't know if I've ever had the cowboy scene. I honestly can't remember. I don't close my eyes at the Alien section, but I do kind of sink down into my seat. I know what's going to happen, but for some reason I have the recurring thought that it's physically going to jump out at me one time I ride it, even though I know it's not going to happen. :rotfl2:

We hadn't ever had the cowboy scene before...in fact we were very confused when nothing happened during the gangster section.:rotfl: I've only ever kept my eyes open once during Alien, and it was absolutely terrifying.:eek:

After our trip through the movies, we made our way over to Pixar Place to use our first FP of the trip: TSMM! Our window opened at 2:15, and we were in line at 2:16. :thumbsup2 We were through the line quickly, and were soon assigned to line number 5:
FullSizeRender.jpg
Mom had the yellow cannon, and I had the green.
IMG_1373.JPG
Mom was best in car!:cool1:

From there, we walked over to Muppet Vision 3D. This show is so cute, but I forgot how much the 3D fireworks mess with my eyes.:eek: After the Muppets, we decided to hop in line at the Red Carpet Dreams to meet the main mice! ::MickeyMo::MinnieMo

First up was Minnie.
IMG_3007.JPG

IMG_3004.JPG

And, finally, Sorcerer Mickey! :smickey:

IMG_3008.JPG

Mom got stickers from the CM because he heard her say that Sorcerer Mickey was her favorite. :)

IMG_3010.JPG

IMG_3011.JPG

Since we had waited about half an hour to meet Minnie and Mickey, it was time for our 3:40 FP for TSMM. So, back to Pixar Place we went!

Once again, we were assigned to row number five:
FullSizeRender.jpg

This time I was yellow, and Mom was green.
IMG_1374.JPG
AND, this time I was best in car! Mom swears being on the yellow side is easier. :confused3;)

As we were exiting the ride, there were several people trying to get in line by going in through the exit. :laughing: Hmm....:scratchin

We hurried over to VotLM to use our next FP.
IMG_1375.JPG

We were one minute past our window, but the nice CM let us through anyway.:D Somehow, I always forget that we get rained on during this show. :confused3 This time around, people started clapping during "Under the Sea" but were not anywhere close to being on the beat of the music! :scared1: This has always been a pet peeve of mine, but I just had to laugh at this point. I mean, I'm in Disney World, after all!

After the show, we saw that Pluto had a non-existent line, so we hopped in. Unfortunately, the line was SO short that we didn't have time to get Mom's phone out and ask the CM to take the picture with that. :sad1: So here's a Pluto emoji instead: pluto:

Joining in - what does your shirt say - is it a Bama shirt? Love the Bless by the way - although I still default to the extended Bless your heart version :-).

Sounds like a fun night at Disney Spring!

Yay for DHS! Love the character pictures!

As much as DHS has changed and is still changing, I still love it! The shows hold a special place in my heart, for sure! :)

Joining in - what does your shirt say - is it a Bama shirt? Love the Bless by the way - although I still default to the extended Bless your heart version :-).

Haha no it actually says "Captain Swan"--I'm a big Once Upon a Time fan!

"PUDDLE!"
After our picture-less meeting with Pluto, we made a quick bathroom stop before heading over to us our FP+ for the Frozen Sing Along. We stopped to get our picture taken along the way.

IMG_3014.JPG
Not the greatest quality, but at least we're still cute. ;):laughing:

Our FP window opened at 5:05pm, and we were there pretty close to that time. We moved into the holding area and were able to book a fourth FP for Fantasmic! from the app. Score!:thumbsup2 I have to laugh at the little videos that play while you're waiting in the holding area. This time, though, I noticed that during one of the transition scenes, when it just shows a picture of Arendelle, the closed captioning said "light musc." No, that is not a typo on my part. :laughing: That is actually what it said on the TV!:rotfl:Mom and I had a good laugh at that.

Before long we were let into the theater.
IMG_1376.JPG

This show is completely adorable. The "royal historians" are absolutely hysterical!
IMG_1377.JPG

IMG_1378.JPG

IMG_1379.JPG

IMG_1380.JPG

IMG_1381.JPG

IMG_1382.JPG

IMG_1383.JPG

IMG_1384.JPG

This time, there was a dad determined to embarrass his kids. While Olaf and all the small children are singing "In Summer," he must have been plotting. As soon as everyone sang "Winter's a good time to stay in and cuddle, but put me in summer and I'll be a..." this dad shouts "PUDDLE!" at the absolute loudest volume he possibly could.

GASPS EVERYWHERE! The royal historians (and this man's children) were absolutely horrified. So later, when Olaf says "And you guys will be there too", the royal historians yelled "But not YOU!" at this man. It was honestly one of the funniest things I've ever seen.:rotfl::rotfl:

Oh man embarrassing dad for the win!
Fun trip so far! I agree with you about Beauty and the Beast Live, a trip to Disney wouldn't be complete without it!

Our first time there we said puddle... just a fun thing of course we say all the time... fortunately a lot of others did as well... fortunately. :)

Sorry I've been MIA for a couple of days...life has been pretty busy around here. Earlier this week I had an interview for a full scholarship to my dream school, so my thoughts have been pretty consumed with that. I would appreciate any prayers or good thoughts you can send my way! I haven't heard anything yet, but I hopefully will within the next week or so! :)

I've still never seen the Frozen Sing Along. Glad you enjoyed it! The incident with the dad sounds so funny!

Oh man embarrassing dad for the win!
Fun trip so far! I agree with you about Beauty and the Beast Live, a trip to Disney wouldn't be complete without it!

Our first time there we said puddle... just a fun thing of course we say all the time... fortunately a lot of others did as well... fortunately. :)

I think that Mom and I found it hilarious because it is definitely something my dad would do!:laughing:

"Imagination!"
After the Frozen Sing-Along, we went off in search of food. We decided to get chicken nuggets and fries to share from one of the CS places on Sunset. Food in hand, we made our way to Fantasmic! We scanned our MBs for our FP+ and soon found our seats. As we were walking to the FP area, we passed a little girl who had to have been seven or eight with a pacifier in her mouth....Okay? :scratchin

We found seats and ate our chicken while we waited. I forgot to take a picture, but I'm pretty sure you all know what chicken nuggets and fries look like.:rotfl:

It wasn't long before the show was starting!! I didn't really take any pictures because I wanted to sit back and enjoy the show.
IMG_1385.JPG
This is literally the only picture I have. :)

After the show, we hurried over to TSMM for one last ride. The standby line was basically non-existent.
IMG_1387.JPG
Dark 3D glasses selfie!

Once again, we were assigned to row number five:
FullSizeRender.jpg
This time I was yellow, and Mom was green.
IMG_1388.JPG
Woohoo!!party:

After our ride, we decided to stop for dessert:
IMG_1389.JPG

Believe it or not, this was my first Mickey bar! When I was little I always got the ice cream sandwiches, so I really wanted to try a Mickey bar this time. :mickeybar It was really yummy! After our ice cream, the park was closed (though there were evening EMH), so we made our way to the front, walking through a few shops as we went. I noted that it was 8:30pm when we got to the tram stop.

This is when we got a little confused. The CM on the tram said that the stop was for "Donald Music" which made us think that there was more than one character for the Music section. Neither of us remembered seeing Donald on our sign, so we didn't get off. Well...there is only ONE Music section, and it does, in fact, have Donald on the sign. :donald: By the time we realized this, they had already passed our lot. So, we got off at the next stop and walked back.:sad2: The CM was definitely laughing at us as we walked by. :rolleyes2 But, we DID make it to the car at 8:41pm. :car:

Once we got back to our hotel, we called my dad, who was quite surprised to find out that we were already done for the day.:laughing: After talking to him for a bit, we took showers and I iced my foot (I broke three bones in my right foot last year:sick:). Mom and I were both in bed around 10:35pm. We had a long day of magic planned for tomorrow: my 18th birthday!!party:princess::tink:

Day 3: February 11, 2017
MY BIRTHDAY!!

Since I forgot to include my FitBit report for yesterday in the last post, I'll include it here:

fullsizeoutput_381.jpeg

Not too shabby considering we didn't enter the park until almost noon. :thumbsup2

Our alarm went off at 6:00 this morning, but it was closer to 6:30 when we actually got up. I ate my leftover pizza from Thursday for breakfast, and I think Mom had some crackers or something. We were in the car by 7:25am. Soon, we were driving under this:

IMG_1393.JPG

AHHHH!!!

We parked, made sure to take note of which section we were in, and walked to the ferry. We were the last ones on this particular boat. :thumbsup2

IMG_1394.JPG

I'll admit, I jumped around like a small child when I saw the castle from the ferry.

It didn't take too long for us to get through bag check and the touch-stiles. Then, WE'RE IN THE MAGIC KINGDOM!! :cool1:

Best. Birthday. Ever.

We wandered through a couple shops on Main Street and stopped to get our picture taken.

fullsizeoutput_384.jpeg

I also had Mom take what I call my "4 year old picture."

This is the original:

This is the one I took today:

After seeing the mob of people ready to run to 7DMT, we decided to head to Tomorrowland first. We positioned ourselves near the bridge, but still somewhere that we could see the castle. I wasn't sure what to expect with this new welcome show, but I thought it was cute! We ran....ahem, I mean, walked with a purpose...over to Tomorrowland and stopped at the FP kiosk to book our day-of FPs. Again, I didn't write down what we booked. :confused3

We made our way over to Buzz, only to be told that it was having a delayed opening, and the CMs didn't really know what time it would be up and running. :confused: Well okay then, on to Space we go!

We hopped in the standby for Space, which was not long at all. Mom and I were very confused when we started walking down stairs, but we quickly realized that we almost never ride standby, so we were used to the ramp that is the FP line. :laughing:

There was a little kid behind us who had never ridden before, and he was starting to freak out. We tried to tell him that it really isn't scary, but I don't think he bought it. :earseek:

IMG_1395.JPG
I was 2 seconds too late to smile for the camera!:rotfl:

After our trip through Space, we went back over to Buzz, which was up and running by now. We waited maybe ten minutes.
IMG_1397.JPG
The looks of absolute concentration. :laughing:

For once, I actually won!
fullsizeoutput_382.jpeg

Mom claims that her laser was broken.:cool:

After checking the wait times, we decided to do standby for PFH instead of the FP we had booked, so we stopped at the kiosk to change it. When we left the kiosk, we had FPs for HM, PotC, and Tink's M&G.

We moved on from Tomorrowland to Fantasyland, and hopped in the standby for Tiana and Rapunzel. Unfortunately, we didn't get a chance to ask the CM to take pictures with Mom's phone, so I don't have any pictures I can post here. :sad1: But they were both really cute and sweet! princess:

From PFH we went over to Mickey's Philharmagic, which is one of mine and Mom's favorites. There is just something about seeing Donald's butt hanging out of the wall that never gets old. :donald::rotfl:

After the show, we walked over to the Tangled bathroom area to use the phone charging stations (this would become a recurring theme throughout the day:P).

IMG_1398.JPG

IMG_1400.JPG

IMG_1399.JPG

Then, it was time for our BTMRR FPs! YAY for my favorite ride!!!:banana: We quickly walked over there and scanned our MBs. As we were walking through the line, my FitBit started vibrating, telling me the grandmother was calling me. Sorry, Grandma, I'm getting on a ride! :laughing::D Then, when we were on the ride, and going up that first hill inside the cavern, she tried to call me again! So, after the wildest ride in the wilderness, we walked back over the Tangled bathrooms to sit, so I could call her back.

The conversation went a little something like this:

G: Happy Birthday!

Me: Thank you!

G: What are you up to today?

Me: Umm, well Mom and I are actually in the Magic Kingdom right now.

G: YOU ARE?!?!

And so on, and so forth. It was pretty funny, I'm not going to lie.

I love that you are your mom have this special bond over Disney! Maybe one of my girls will be as Disney crazy as me one day.

This time, there was a dad determined to embarrass his kids. While Olaf and all the small children are singing "In Summer," he must have been plotting. As soon as everyone sang "Winter's a good time to stay in and cuddle, but put me in summer and I'll be a..." this dad shouts "PUDDLE!" at the absolute loudest volume he possibly could.

GASPS EVERYWHERE! The royal historians (and this man's children) were absolutely horrified. So later, when Olaf says "And you guys will be there too", the royal historians yelled "But not YOU!" at this man. It was honestly one of the funniest things I've ever seen.:rotfl::rotfl:
I might need to make my DH do this! This would embarrass my girls to death!

This is the one I took today:

I love this! Keep doing it each time you go!

The conversation went a little something like this:

G: Happy Birthday!

Me: Thank you!

G: What are you up to today?

Me: Umm, well Mom and I are actually in the Magic Kingdom right now.

G: YOU ARE?!?!

And so on, and so forth. It was pretty funny, I'm not going to lie.
Too funny!

I love that you are your mom have this special bond over Disney! Maybe one of my girls will be as Disney crazy as me one day.

Disney has been our thing ever since..well, forever. Even before we went to WDW for the first time in 2003, I watched Disney movies almost constantly! Haha I wouldn't be surprised if one or both of them do! :)

I love this! Keep doing it each time you go!

This is definitely one of my favorite pictures to take. I've been remaking it every trip for the last several years.

So, I have a little RL update before I get into the TR update. Earlier this week, I posted that I interviewed for a full scholarship at my dream college. Well after a long and stressful week, I got a call yesterday from the mentor of the scholarship program, and he offered me the scholarship!! :banana: This is such a huge honor and a huge relief to know that my college education is payed for! Thank you for all the prayers and good thoughts. :D Now, on with the TR!!

"Nobody Wants to See That!"

After I talked to my grandmother for a bit, it was time for our Haunted Mansion FPs. I'm going to apologize now, because I don't have pictures for a bit.:confused3 Mom and I had to laugh when our hitchhiking ghost switched our faces, because there really isn't much of a difference! :rotfl:After our visit with the grim grinning ghosts, :hmghost: we made our way over to Pirates. We had just a few minutes before our FP window opened, so we just hung out near the entrance for a bit. It wasn't long before we were scanning our MBs, and making our way through the line.

Honestly, this was one of the most uncomfortable experiences I've ever had in WDW. Like ever. There was a family of three in front of us in our boat, and the mom was a very touchy-feely kind of person. She kept rubbing the dad's back in a very...um...personal way. Though there was nothing x-rated about that, Mom and I definitely felt like we shouldn't be seeing that!:scared1:

After Pirates, we decided to hop in the standby line for Magic Carpets. We probably waited about 20 minutes or so, and we didn't get hit with camel spit!:thumbsup2:rotfl:

IMG_1403.JPG

After our flight, we made a quick bathroom stop before heading to our lunch ADR. Where were we headed, you may ask??

IMG_6269-605x403.jpg

Crystal Palace!pooh::tigger: (Thank you Google for the nice picture:laughing:).

In our hasty planning for this weekend, we realized that we hadn't eaten at Crystal Palace since 2004, and we weren't eating here on our trip this summer, so it was the perfect place to have my birthday lunch!

We checked in at the desk and then moved onto the porch to wait. It wasn't long before we were shown our table inside. Because of my food allergies, the chef came out and spoke to us before we went to get our first plates. Thankfully, my allergies were super easy to avoid here, and the chef was able to bring me a special dessert that I could actually eat. But that will come later. :thumbsup2

Our waiter told us that it would be a few minutes before the characters got to us, so we went ahead and got our first plates.

IMG_1404.JPG

Pretty soon, the characters started coming around!

Eeyore was first.:eeyore:
IMG_3029.JPG

Then came Piglet!
IMG_3030.JPG

IMG_3031.JPG

IMG_3032.JPG
This ended up being one of my favorite pictures from the trip. :goodvibes

Pooh and Tigger were nowhere to be found, so I took this chance to go get a second plate.

IMG_1405.JPG

Mom didn't take a picture of her first plate, but I reminded her to take one when she got her second plate.

IMG_3033.JPG

Everything was really yummy! About the time that I was finishing my second plate, the chef brought me my special, allergy-free brownie!

IMG_1406.JPG
I sent Mom to get me some vanilla ice cream to go with it. This was SO yummy, and was almost more like a fudgey-cake kind of thing than a brownie. But it was delicious!:lovestruc

After we were finished eating, Pooh and Tigger were making their rounds. We waited and waited and waited, but they still weren't coming to our table. And then, the handler told Pooh it was time for his break.

Wait! Mom caught the CMs attention and very nicely told him that we'd been there for a while and still hadn't seen Pooh. So he very nicely convinced Pooh to take one more picture before going on his break.pooh:

"The Human World--It's a Mess."
IMG_3034.JPG

IMG_3035.JPG

Tigger was taking his time with each table, which was really great, but it also meant that it was taking him a while to make it around. So, when we realized that it was probably time for the Pooh-rade again pretty soon, and we didn't know where Tigger would pick back up, I decided that I was ready to go. I wanted to see Tigger, but I also didn't want to spend any more time sitting since we only had one day in MK. So, we said goodbye to Crystal Palace, and went on with the rest of our day!

From there, we headed over to New Fantasyland and got in the standby for Under the Sea.

IMG_1408.JPG

I think the wait was posted at 30 minutes, but we probably only waited 20.

IMG_1410.JPG

IMG_1413.JPG

IMG_1411.JPG

IMG_1417.JPG

IMG_1419.JPG

IMG_1421.JPG

IMG_1422.JPG

"Why Is This Tiny Person Pulling My Hair?!"
After our journey under the sea, we made our way over to Tomorrowland. Our first stop? The People Mover!

IMG_1423.JPG

I read a list recently that included the People Mover as one of the best Disney attractions to take a nap on...but I disagree. I love the People Mover! It's so fun to be able to see the park from a different angle and to go inside the different rides. :lovestruc

After the People Mover, we decided to head over to the Laugh Floor. We made our way into the holding area, and the CMs kept cramming people in. I found a place to stand so that I wasn't in anyone's personal bubble. And then I felt a foot hit my back. I turn around, and there's a little girl (probably 3 or 4) being held by her dad and kicking me in the back...repeatedly.

So I took a couple steps closer to Mom to be out of reach. Next thing I know, her dad moves too, and now the little girl has a hold on my hair! I wasn't really sure what to do, because I don't know this small child, but Mom very quickly removed my hair from her little tiny hands.

Mom said later that the little girl acted like she was going to grab my hair again, but stopped when Mom glared at her.:laughing:

After successfully filling up the power canister, we stopped in the gift shop outside Space to use the phone charging stations there. Mom's phone battery is jacked up, so we'd primarily been using mine. Of course, that meant that now both of them were almost dead. We didn't stay here for very long, though, just long enough to get a little bit more battery power. Then we both put our phones on airplane mode to preserve battery.:thumbsup2

We were checking wait times and saw that Tink's line was pretty short, so we decided to wait in her standby line rather than waiting until 7 or 8pm for our FP. We made our way down Main Street and into the Town Hall. We probably only waited about 10 minutes or so. Then, we were meeting my favorite fairy!! :tink:

IMG_3038.JPG

IMG_3040.JPG

IMG_3043.JPG

IMG_3045.JPG

She is just too cute! When she saw my birthday button, she asked me how many "seasons" I was, and then scolded Mom for not giving me a pumpkin muffin (or something like that:laughing:) yet!

While we had been waiting in line, my aunt had texted me and asked if she and my little cousins could FaceTime me. So, after meeting Tink, Mom and I stood off to the side of that little ramp and called them. My little 6 year old cousin FREAKED when I told her that I was in Magic Kingdom (well, my aunt did too:rotfl2:). We talked to them for a few minutes, then walked back over to the entrance to Town Hall to use our FPs to Meet Mickey!:mickeyjum

This was the first time we've ever met talking Mickey. It was cool, but it was also a little weird. He told me happy birthday, and then did a "magic trick".:laughing:

IMG_3047.JPG

IMG_3053.JPG

This picture was one of my dad's conditions for letting me come on this trip:

IMG_1531.JPG

After talking with the main mouse, we made our way over to Fantasyland and the FP+ kiosks by Mickey's Philharmagic. We changed our Tink FP to the Barnstormer for 9:20pm. From there, we walked over to the Friar's Nook to get some water. Bless that CM's heart. I think he was still in training because he was having a hard time filling drink orders quickly. But we did eventually get our waters, and we took them with us as we walked back to the Tangled charging stations. :earseek:

While we sat and let Mom's phone charge, I talked to my other aunt, my other grandmother, and my dad. The sun was starting to go down, and the weather had been PERFECT all day. After talking to everyone, we began making our way back toward Main Street to stake out a spot for the evening shows. Along the way, we stopped at a cart to get me a frozen lemonade slushy that I had seen earlier. I even got a Mickey straw!:woohoo: Yes, I know I am a five year old.:rotfl2:

We were surprised that there weren't more people waiting for Wishes. We found a perfect spot near the Partners Statue and sat down to wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter