• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

There's a Great Big MARATHON Tomorrow: Goofy Challenge/Marathon Weekend '15 FINALLY COMPLETE!

Great TR Emily and Caitlin! Congrats on your new career...both of you! From one nurse to another, welcome to the ranks Emily! Good luck with your new horse training business Caitlin! I am looking forward to reading about yall's new adventures! Thanks so much for sharing with us. It is more inspiring than I can say.

Thank you!! :banana:

Thank you for reading, commenting and sharing with us!

Happy New Year, all! My New Year's Resolution (among other things) is to finish posting this trip report! Funny thing is we've had it all written for months and months and things just got super busy. I graduated college and have started working as a full-fledged RN. Caitlin moved to a different state and started her own horse training business with her friend from college. Life has been busy! So, for anyone still interested (and so I can feel like I finished what I started) here is the rest of our trip!

Good luck you current Marathon weekend runners! Enjoy the rest of your runs and trip! You got this!

Yay for your completed report. It was so much fun to read along with you. I didn't ever finish my Goofy report either. Oops! Well, it was mostly done, but I should probably do a wrap-up post. After reading all the reports of marathon weekend I went back and reread my report to relive it. It really was just an amazing trip and race weekend.

We've never done DATW, but reading about your trip makes me want to try it. We did manage to go around the world after running the W&D "quarter marathon" this year and it was really fun, if a bit exhausting.

Lastly, congratulations on your new job as an RN and on Caitlin's move and new business. Best success to both of you and hope to see you around at a future runDisney event. Dopey 2018? ;)

Yay for your completed report. It was so much fun to read along with you. I didn't ever finish my Goofy report either. Oops! Well, it was mostly done, but I should probably do a wrap-up post. After reading all the reports of marathon weekend I went back and reread my report to relive it. It really was just an amazing trip and race weekend.

We've never done DATW, but reading about your trip makes me want to try it. We did manage to go around the world after running the W&D "quarter marathon" this year and it was really fun, if a bit exhausting.

Lastly, congratulations on your new job as an RN and on Caitlin's move and new business. Best success to both of you and hope to see you around at a future runDisney event. Dopey 2018? ;)

Rereading old trip reports is so fun! Sometimes I read things that make me laugh because I don't even remember it happening!

I'll bet your around the world was exhausting after W&D! I feel like it's hard to imagine how late the party actually is plus how tired you'll feel until you get there, haha! I know that happened to us after ToT10.

Thank you for your congratulations! Dopey 2018? You bet! See you there! :thumbsup2

Hello, and welcome!

100_7620
by secondaryhoney, on Flickr

:smickey::smickey::smickey::smickey::smickey:

As Walt Would say:

“Around here we don’t look backwards for every long. We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things because we’re curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

Marathon Weekend 2015 has officially come and gone and not only did we keep moving forward through 39.3 miles to complete the Goofy Challenge but we tried as many new attractions, experiences, and drinks as we could! What a ride! Join disneyhorselover and I for the encore as we recount 7 days, 4 parks, 2 races and 39.3 magical miles!

For anyone joining us for the first time we’ll give you some introductions!

Meet Emily:

IMG_3295

Been to Disney: Six times
Favorite Park: Epcot
Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror
Favorite Food: Tonga Toast
Favorite Princess: Ariel
Favorite Disney memory: Sitting outside the MK train station and having the most perfect view of Wishes!

Meet Caitlin:

IMG_3383

Been to Disney: Eight times
Favorite Park: DHS (Even though I seriously struggle to pick a favorite!)
Favorite Ride: Star Tours
Favorite Food: Tonga Toast
Favorite Restaurant: Garden Grill and Kona
Favorite Character: Flynn Ryder! (ok and Rapunzel)
Favorite Memory: Being the rebel spy-twice!

Meet Tuukka:

IMG_2996

Okay- Obviously we didn’t bring a dog to Disney, haha! He’s Caitlin’s Welsh Corgi, he loves Disney, and he’s adorable so he gets a guest appearance!

IMG_1107

Once again we’ll be writing together so my (Emily’s) writing will look like this, and Caitlin’s will look like this!
What a cute corgi!! Also love the quote - used it as my senior quote in high school! :thumbsup2

Hi Emily! I'm Alison. I just read your entire TR and loved it! I think it is so cool how you and your sister do Disney trips together. The races sound like a lot of fun and running a Disney race is on my bucket list. If you are planning on doing TRs for your 2 upcoming trips, I will definitely be looking forward to reading them!

Hi Emily! I'm Alison. I just read your entire TR and loved it! I think it is so cool how you and your sister do Disney trips together. The races sound like a lot of fun and running a Disney race is on my bucket list. If you are planning on doing TRs for your 2 upcoming trips, I will definitely be looking forward to reading them!

Hi Alison! Thanks for reading- I'm glad you enjoyed! Running Disney races are SO much fun. The only downside is it's hard to pick which one to do first!

I'm leaning towards not writing one for April but I will most definitely be writing one for November!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter