"There's a 104 days of summer vacation..." updated 12/16 page 13!!

The Moonk's Mom

DIS Veteran
Oh, where to start….I guess introductions would be best…isn’t that the norm?

I believe in starting with the eldest…so…

Pepaw 64 - My Dad... First thing you should know about him…all American veteran. He was a helicopter pilot in Vietnam and is an avid troop supporter. Not real talkative, but when he speaks, he has something to say. He mainly loves to laugh at all the crazy antics my DH and kids come up with! And, he will carry any kid on his shoulders all over WDW just to be able to complain about it for the next 20 years. Oh, I’m a self admitted Daddy’s girl.:snooty:

Memaw 63 - My Mom…she is who she is. She likes to likes to be in control. I planned this entire trip…this may be hard for her! She loves her grandbabies and was very excited about this trip with them. She and I took my twin nephews when they were four…many years ago…they will be 17 this July. But it has been neat for her to experience the first time they all saw the castle! Next year she is taking my niece. My mom is in pretty good health, just has some foot pain due to plantar faciatis. She got new orthodics a week before the trip, so that should help some.

Ddog:dog2: …Buckley 49 (okay, dog years…that counts right?) …he did not go with us, but he is a part of our family, and he will make a guest appearance in the report.

DH 39 - The love of my life.:love: Without this man I do not know what I would do. He is strong, caring, and loves his family like no other. He is from Ohio, so that makes him MY Yankee…he likes it that way, leads to lots of jokes he can pull on his southern family! Did I mention he is the FUNNIEST person I have ever met. We live to have fun filled drama free lives…never happens…but we try!

ME!!!! The Maid :laundy: - 36! I can’t believe I’m 36! Pains me! Really it does, right there in my back…after three kids…the lower back is killing me! I’m a southern belle:laughing: …LOL…no I’m just really kinda a tomboy and gentle southern all rolled up into one. I like calm in my life…again, don’t get it often…drama filled family. I lived in my same hometown area until October of last year when my DH was relocated. I am only 1 ½ hours from home…but it is still hard! Oh you want me to explain The Maid bit…here goes. One night the kids were explaining that Daddy was King, DD9 is a Princess, DS6 is a Prince, DS4 is a Knight. I asked, not knowing any better, am I the Queen. The answer was no Mommy, you are the MAID! Huh? Well, I cook, clean and drive everyone around…so I must be the maid! Oh, we will be bringing the maid on vacation too!:headache:

DD9 - The Moonkler…Moonk…I know weird nickname! She has had it since the day she was born. DH called her that and it stuck. She is stuck somewhere between being a little girl and wanting to grow up. I so hoped we had not waited for this trip too late…would she still be a child full of wonder?

DS6 - Big boy…no not like Shoney’s…he just had the biggest head EVER when he was born, so he was a big boy…the name just kinda stuck and we still call him that. He is the most tender hearted child you will ever meet! He is terrified of bugs and does not like to be caught off guard….this will come into play at Disney…
He loves his big sister and they really do have the neatest relationship. They will hold hands without even knowing they are doing it. I hope they always love each other like that!

DS4 - He likes to pretend he is Perry the Platypus but we call him Lil Bits or Bits…he has always seemed so small. I guess that comes from being the baby. Yes, I spoil him and he can manipulate EVERYONE in the family if need be. He is without a doubt very hyper and not scared of ANYTHING! This should make for some fun moments! He loves everyone, even strangers, now that scares me sometimes…you must watch him at all times…again…will come into play!

So that’s us. This would be our first extended family vacation. Would all go smoothly? Oh I sure did hope! I have spent months on the DIS reading, learning, reading again…did I remember everything?

BTW there will be pictures...someday...half my pics are with my mom on a CD that went home with her!:headache: By the time we get to the road trip...I will have the CD.

Can't wait to read more! I love reading ever one's trip reports I feel like i get to tag along and the vacation and get to knew my new sewing buds.

This report has great potential. I can't wait for more

OOOOHHH!! I'm so excited to read the rest of your TR! Don't tell me you took DS6 in It's Tough to Be A Bug!?!? Wait, don't answer that, surprise us!

I love reading about the relationship between DS6 and DD9, how sweet that they hold hands without even realizing it. I hope my kids have that kind of relationship at that age. :lovestruc

Your descriptions of your family are wonderful and I can't wait to hear how you all get along! YAY!

:welcome: & :thanks: I am so excited you all get to come on the jouney! I really was suffering from TR writing anxiety!:scared:

Can't wait to read more! I love reading ever one's trip reports I feel like i get to tag along and the vacation and get to knew my new sewing buds.

Oh! It always would get me so excited, and still does, to read everyone's report.

It DID work!!! I am here! :goodvibes Great start and I can't wait to hear more!

Thanks! More tomorrow...I promise...
This report has great potential. I can't wait for more

I like having potential...feels like I'm going somewhere...just where?

Cant wait for more!!!! =)
Glad you are here!

OOOOHHH!! I'm so excited to read the rest of your TR! Don't tell me you took DS6 in It's Tough to Be A Bug!?!? Wait, don't answer that, surprise us!

I love reading about the relationship between DS6 and DD9, how sweet that they hold hands without even realizing it. I hope my kids have that kind of relationship at that age. :lovestruc

Your descriptions of your family are wonderful and I can't wait to hear how you all get along! YAY!

You really think I would torture the child? Hmmm Maybe...Maybe not!
They really are sooo sweet together, they all are. Kinda reminds me of you and your sister! I wish I had that type of relationship with my sister, but some things can't be undone...

subbing in! Can't wait to hear about your trip!

Thanks...I'm so glad you made it...more to come!

I'm in. I can't wait to hear more!

Thanks...I just can't wait till I have pics to share!

Great start!!!! I can't wait to read more!!!

I have a question though, what's a Moonkler?

Great start!!!! I can't wait to read more!!!

I have a question though, what's a Moonkler?

That has been a 9 year question to DH...no, it is just a word he made up.:lmao: Strange, I know...really he has been waiting to be a Dad I think his whole life so he could goof with kids! So, he speaks kid speak very well, even when she could not understand!:rotfl:

Planning…fun stuff planning is! I figure there are two types of people that go to Disney…well you are reading this so you know who you are…the over planner. :goodvibes I really think I would like to look at this as prepared…maybe like a boy scout. That’s it…we are mouse scouts! :confused3 Okay, lame…but you know what I mean, must know where to be, the best way to get there, and how long to stay! I have never been like that before the DIS…really…never! ( I mean, we are the idiots that decided July 4th weekend was a good time to head to the NC outer banks with NO reservation! If you don’t know…there are NO rooms available…that was years ago, but it was a fun trip?)

Then there are the other people:rolleyes1 …who will not plan for the happiest place on earth and you saw them…they were the ones that were mad about the lines or you because you knew to run for that fast pass before you did everything else, you lined up for the parade an hour in advance so your kids could see, they didn’t and they are mad at you…happy place please!:headache:

Oh…planning…
I so enjoyed the process. The day DH said “Let’s go” I was on the web…surfing…looking…reading…okay too much info!!!! Where is there a place….I found the DIS!!!!! Yippee! So the next month was spent reading and learning. I found my WONDERFUL travel agent…set up the dates and the hotel.

We would be going June 16th - 21st staying at Pop. We wanted to arrive on Monday so we had all weekend to drive down. We planned on leaving early Saturday morning, driving half way ( I was praying for Savannah! I LOVE Paula Deen and so wanted to go back to her restaurant again!) then driving the rest on Sunday, stay offsite Sunday night then check in Monday AM.

What next…

Because I sew, a little….I thought maybe I could sew a few outfits for the kids…I needed ideas. AHHHH!!! Guess who I found…sewing and gabbing and laughing and supporting…you guessed it… The Disboutiquers. :banana: :banana: :banana: I lurked for some time…then I started to post, ask questions, then I became a part of this wonderful group! I started to sew, and get to know each of them. It has truly been one of the best parts of planning the trip!

Now, I am nowhere near as talented as the people who frequent the board…but I could come up with a few things. I love the whole process, coming up with an idea and watching it come to life! Fun!

As time marched on, I realized that we wanted at least one dinner reservation. So I booked Chef Mickey’s. I figured that would cover characters all the kids would like and not exclude the boys if we had done the princess thing. I also did not feel like waiting in the line for Fantasmic, so I booked the dinner package at H&V. Other than that we planned on CS meals for this trip. My kids are picky, sticky eaters. And, I did not want to get too tied down to reservations. Oh!:idea: I added another day to the reservations and another day in the parks. The kids had recently started watching Star Wars, so we HAD to go during a Star Wars weekend! This was the moment I gave up Paula Deen for my kids! If we did this…no Savannah! Oh well…they are worth it…plus I am the one that came up with the idea of an extra day!

I should also mention that my FIL (father-in-law) lives with us. He has 24 hour care from me, so I had to line that up somewhere for him. Seems simple…NOT! His doctors are at the VA and he would be able to go to respite at the VA extended care. That was until 3 weeks before vacation. They changed the rules on us! :headache: He had to have a service related disability to go there. (He has emphysema from smoking). So I had to find a home and quick! Luckily, after a day of searching, I found a place that could guarantee me a space! I went and checked it out…very nice…very pricey! But, it was worth it to make sure he was cared for. Done.

Oh… the dog….he needs to be boarded…his records are all at our old vet. I called and called and begged them to send the records for a week. They never did! So, I called our new vet (they rock) and was able to get them to track his records down…a week before we left! I got his shots updated. We were all set!

Uh…still obsessed with the sewing…needed to finish….hope I can get it done! At some point I realized someone still kinda new to sewing should not try to make outfits for everyday…makes life slightly stressful. But what was done, was done…I had more fabric than days! :sad2:

As time got closer, the more excited DH got! He started asking question, making plans with me…I could see the stress of work getting to him daily…he needed this time away! About 2 weeks before it was time to go, he told me that he would be getting off work on that Friday before we left early so we could drive some on Friday. Good…that means we don’t have to travel it all in one day!

Things were all set! We were ready for the best vacation ever!

That has been a 9 year question to DH...no, it is just a word he made up.:lmao: Strange, I know...really he has been waiting to be a Dad I think his whole life so he could goof with kids! So, he speaks kid speak very well, even when she could not understand!:rotfl:

LOL about making up names! i made one up for my DD nicole when she was under a yr. Nikadoodle and then my DH stole it! Now he calls her it and takes credit for her name! MEN! :rotfl:

Great new installment.

LOL about making up names! i made one up for my DD nicole when she was under a yr. Nikadoodle and then my DH stole it! Now he calls her it and takes credit for her name! MEN! :rotfl:

Great new installment.

We all kinda latched onto Moonk for some reason and now it just fits her. The best thing is, I can call out all of their silly nicknames anywhere in a crowd and they KNOW it is them we are looking for!

Because I sew, a little….I thought maybe I could sew a few outfits for the kids…I needed ideas. AHHHH!!! Guess who I found…sewing and gabbing and laughing and supporting…you guessed it… The Disboutiquers. :banana: :banana: :banana: I lurked for some time…then I started to post, ask questions, then I became a part of this wonderful group! I started to sew, and get to know each of them. It has truly been one of the best parts of planning the trip!

Aww...you done made me cry! :hug:

The most stressful week, for an over planner, may be the week you actually leave.

Did I plan enough…:confused3
Did I get everything done…:confused3
Did I read everything to make this the best trip…:confused3
OH NO…FIVE MORE PAIRS OF SHORTS TO SEW!!!! :headache: (okay they don’t take that long…but it was a busy week!)

This was the last week of school for two of my kids, Bits stays at home with me…so there was a lot going on.

Monday…Field day! Had to make sure they had all they needed and supplies for the last few days. No prob. Drop the kids at school, run home and sew, then start packing…hang out on the DIS:surfweb: …weakness really!
Did not happen…Moonk left her stuff in the van when she hopped out for school….AAAHHH! :scared1: Had to now, run home and shower so the people at school don’t think I’m crazy. I admit, I drive my kids to school in my PJ’s and bare feet! Got that done. Went for a while to field day…not apart of the plan!!!:rolleyes1

Tuesday…Last day of school! Yipeee!! :banana: :banana: :banana: Nothing gets done this day unless it involves school. Awards (AB Honor roll for Moonk, and Most Dependable in class!…Last day as a Kinder for Big Boy). Hung out…mingled…must get home…Last Day of school ALWAYS comes with treats…ICE CREAM…more time lost!

Wednesday…not sure what happened this day…only made one pair of shorts…did last minute grocery shopping and went to the nursing home to finish paperwork.

Thursday…FIL to the doctor….the appointment I had asked him to have on another day! :headache: Went to the mall while he was at the doctor. DH was not supposed to work this day so I would be able to shop alone. He ended up having to go in so I was at the mall with 3 kids trying to shop. I HATE to shop, so I usually get frustrated and the kids being excited did not help. But then my phone rang…it was DH!!!! :cool1: He was coming to my rescue! He took the kids…I did some speed shopping…found some cute outfits…I love that man! We picked FIL up and took him to lunch for an early father’s day since we would be gone. We had the WORST service ever. We were in the restaurant for two hours!!!! I needed to get home…soon! DH took the family home while I ran to Wal-mart for the last time.

I’m pretty sure that is when I starting having a panic attack. :scared: It was 4:00 and I had only packed a few things and I still needed to finish some sewing! I could barely breath!

I rushed home…and then the man I love said…I’m taking the kids to the park so you can not be bothered. Have I mentioned how much I love him?:love:

Finished the sewing…laid all clothes out to pack…kids outfits in Ziplocs…plastic bin packed with kids stuff…progress!

Friday morning came. DH had to work part of the day. I got up in a furry of cleaning and packing. :laundy: Must pack everything, clean house (yep…house must be clean and The Maid will make sure of this…I am weird that way!), take FIL to home, take dog to kennel. Somewhere around 10 I realized I forgot to feed the kids! Feed them…keep cleaning…pack, pack, pack…

DH called at 12 and said to calm down…he would take FIL and Buckley! YIPEE!!!:cool1:

I finished with everything around 2:00 and had it sitting in the garage, DH took everyone to there appointed places, picked up lunch for everyone, he came home and I packed the van. By 3:28 we were on the road.

AHHH:eek: …have to pick up Big Boy’s allergy medicine. Done…on the road:drive:
We drove as far as Darien, GA with no issues, no traffic at all. That is somewhere around 5 hours from here. We arrived there sometime around 8:30, check in at the Comfort Inn, that was packed?!?! Because of a class reunion. Then we went to our favorite eating place for late night…WAFFLE HOUSE!!! Yummy!

Not really sure why Big Boy thinks it is easier to drink with his fingers and not the straw?
P6130095_095_093.jpg

DH played all the goofy WH songs.

P6130101_101_099.jpg

Then it was off to bed.

Tomorrow…Florida baby!

You captured that last few days before vacation wonderfully! That's how I always feel! But, it always works out. I'm lovin' the waffle house pictures!

OMGosh I forgot about all that last minute stuff....and I was stressin out just reading about yours....but somehow you managed to get it all done. :thumbsup2 How sweet your DH is to help so much!! :lovestruc I love the Waffle House pics! Now I need me some waffles :rotfl:

Yay! You made it on the road! My kids' favorite place to eat is IHOP :scared1: I love it when DHs are helpful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter