There are no words for the stupidity...Very sad.

hentob

<font color=red>Sanita clogs are fabulous<br><font
Why would you even take children to such an outing? They thought they had the "children under control"? They should have been miles away. :sad2:

To add to the stupidity of the adults, this child was dressed in camouflage pants!!!! OMG! If he _had_ to be there, why not bright orange??!!! So, so sad.

Pure neglect.

From cnn.com::::::

TOWER, Minnesota (AP) -- A 4-year-old boy was fatally wounded when he wandered behind a paper target while family and friends were practicing shooting, authorities said.

Evan Davis Klassen, of Chisago City, was shot around 1:45 p.m. Sunday at Lake Vermilion, where a group of about a dozen people had gathered for the Memorial Day weekend.

"They thought they had the kids under control," said Sgt. James McKenzie of the St. Louis County Sheriff's Department.

While the paper target didn't completely obscure the child, he was wearing camouflage pants that made him difficult to see against the foliage, McKenzie said.

A 40-year-old man fired a handgun about 30 feet through the target and into the boy, he said.

McKenzie called the shooting as "a pretty straightforward accident" and said no charges were likely to be filed. The man's name and relationship with the boy were not released.

After the shooting, people rushed the boy to a nearby lodge. Emergency medical workers arrived, but there was nothing they could do, McKenzie said.

Another reminder that we live in such an imperfect world, full of chaos and tragedy. God bless that little boy's family... and the man who shot him. :grouphug:

:sad2: Unbelieveable! I have no idea why there were kids around that.

This was a preventable incident not an accident. Accidents are not preventable.
The adults had very poor judgement and everyone is paying for it. They "thought" they had the children under control. So sad.

Why were children at this shooting event? How stupid to take children into harms way. My heart goes out to his parents as well as to the shooter, who will have to live with his "accident" every day for the rest of his life.

what a tragedy. senseless - there was no need for that to happen.
they will have to live with that guilty for the rest of their lives

That is a horrible thing. I am sad that no one could forsee the dangers of having small children present while adults were shooting a weapon.

shortbun said:
This was a preventable incident not an accident. Accidents are not preventable.
The adults had very poor judgement and everyone is paying for it. They "thought" they had the children under control. So sad.

I agree totally! I am crying now.....there was NO NEED for this to happen. :guilty:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter