There and Back Again: A Land and Sea Disney Christmas Tale! *DECEMBER TRIP - UPDATED 2/18*

Thank you for the awesome report on the MVMCP!!! May have to purchase tickets for our visit. We have attended before but it has been awhile.
You are welcome! It is definitely a great party! It is probably my favorite party. Just know that parties are a lot more crowded this year than in years past (even if it isn't sold out)!

Oh my goodness sorry the start of your trip was not the best. I hope it gets better.
Thank you! I'm glad I took care of everything pretty early on.

I’m here, anxious to hear about you trip, sorry the first day was not the best!
Thank you for following! It was definitely a day for the books that's for sure!

Oh, man that DOES sound like "a day!"

Hope things go more smoothly from here on out!!! Say hi to @Lesley Wake for me :wave2:
It was. :D Glad I got everything fixed though!

I will definitely say hi to her later today for you! :)

(Update from yesterday)

Day 2 report:

I would have a much better day yesterday. No doctor or dentist visits!!! Yay!!!

My day would begin by going and visiting a friend off-property. So, I didn't get to a park until about 12:30 p.m.

I would spend the afternoon listening to the Voices of Liberty Dickens Carolers! So good!!! I love their Christmas sets!!!

After a nice afternoon, I would join @Lesley Wake for a Candlelight Processional Dining Package at Tokyo Dining. More on this restaurant in my official updates.

We would then go straight from dinner to getting in line for the show. I absolutely love the Candlelight Processional so much!!! I still like Disneyland's version of the show better, but this is still a great performance regardless. Last nights special guest narrator was someone from one of my favorite T.V. shows and an avid Disney addict, JOHN STAMOS!!! He did a fantastic job even though he jumbled up some words here and there.

After the show, Lesley and I would visit the frozen tundra of Norway, and a go in a giant golf ball!

I would then leave EPCOT and make my way to the Contemporary where I had a dining reservation at California Grill. I would only get dessert, and I was wanting to just see Holiday Wishes from the observation deck again.

Holiday Wishes from the California Grill is incredible! There is not a better view of that 180-degree fireworks finale!

It was time to make my way back to my resort for the evening where I would have another fun day ahead of me!

Stay tuned for more live updates!

Last nights special guest narrator was someone from one of my favorite T.V. shows and an avid Disney addict, JOHN STAMOS!!! He did a fantastic job even though he jumbled up some words here and there.
He was the first CP narrator I ever saw, and I LOVED it!! Did they add "One Solitary Life" back into the CP? I was really sad they had eliminated it the last time I saw it, but it's been a few years.

(Update from yesterday)

Day 3 Update:

I would spend the morning off-property. So, I wouldn’t get to a Disney Park until the afternoon.

I would make my way over to EPCOT.

I was meeting @Lesley Wake at Chefs De France where we had a Candlelight Processional dining package booked.

After lunch, I would catch a Voices of Liberty show before getting in line for the Candlelight Processional.

The special guest narrator this evening was Neil Patrick Harris. I liked John Stamos more.

I would then go to Disney Springs where I was meeting a friend at D-Luxe Burger. We would then walk around Disney Springs for a bit.

I would then drive to EPCOT where I would catch Illuminations before heading back to my resort.

Stay tuned for more live updates!

He was the first CP narrator I ever saw, and I LOVED it!! Did they add "One Solitary Life" back into the CP? I was really sad they had eliminated it the last time I saw it, but it's been a few years.
I honestly don’t know. I’ll have to listen to the soundtrack and watch a video of the show later.

I haven’t read any of your report yet. I have fallen behind in all of my trip report reading. Hope to catch up this weekend.

Just wanted to say that I hopep you are having a marvelous time, and as a Tolkien admirer, I appreciate your trip report title.

I always have narrator envy when I read about people who've gotten to see NPH! Interesting that you enjoyed John Stamos more. I'll have to ask @Lesley Wake to weigh in with her opinion, too! :)
It could be because I have seen more of John Stamos than NPH in my lifetime. I just thought John Stamos was more genuine with the story which makes it feel personable. Watching NPH, it just felt different. This show means a lot to me so I am very particular in how I like it presented.

I haven’t read any of your report yet. I have fallen behind in all of my trip report reading. Hope to catch up this weekend.

Just wanted to say that I hopep you are having a marvelous time, and as a Tolkien admirer, I appreciate your trip report title.
That is ok! Looking forward to having you catch up, as well as, following along!

I am having a great time so far (minus a little first day hiccup).

Please explain what my title has to do with Tolkien? I can't figure it out lol.

Whew, finally got caught up! Great posts and very nice photos as always. Looking forward to more:earsboy:
Thank you for the multitude of notifications! :D

Thank you. I'm excited to share more!

(Update from yesterday)

Day 4 update:

Hi everyone. I’m sorry I haven’t been great about live updates on this trip. I’ve had a few “life” things that have happened that have consumed some time. I promise they will start to be more frequent for the next couple of days.

Yesterday ended up being a great day at Walt Disney World!

I would start my day at Disney’s Hollywood Studios where I would have a couple fastpasses, saw a favorite film of mine, and spent some time with @Lesley Wake.

I would then spend a couple hours off property.

I would then go by one of my favorite smoothie places before heading back to property and to EPCOT.

It was time see a couple Voices of Liberty Caroler performances before making my out of EPCOT.

Sadly, this is when I would return my rental car.

I would end my evening by spending it with a friend. I would head to Magic Kingdom to see the Castle Lighting, to the Polynesian to eat dinner, the Grand Floridian to look at decorations, and back to EPCOT to see Illuminations. Definitely a great evening with a friend!

I would spend some time at evening Extra Magic Hours at EPCOT where I would go on Soarin, Living With The Land, Mission Space (Green), and Test Track.

That would be my great day in Orlando!

Stay tuned for more live updates coming soon!

There are better Tolkien experts than me on these boards, but I'm pretty sure "There and Back Again" was the title of the book Bilbo Baggins wrote about himself.
In the first LOTR movie he shows it to Frodo as he is getting ready to go away.

ETA: Well I'm not right, but I'm not wrong

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hobbit

I definitely thought the reference was on purpose :P

There are better Tolkien experts than me on these boards, but I'm pretty sure "There and Back Again" was the title of the book Bilbo Baggins wrote about himself.

It's definitely what Bilbo titles his book in Fellowship of the Ring- "There and Back Again: A Hobbit's Tale by Bilbo Baggins"
thereandbackagain.jpg

Major LOTR nerd here :D

(Update from yesterday)

Day 5 Update:

It was Walt Disney's Birthday, and I was getting ready to celebrate it throughout Walt Disney World!!! :bday:

My day would start by taking an uber to Port Orleans French Quarter! This would be my first time staying at this resort, and I was really excited!

After checking in and leaving my luggage in Bell Services, I would make my way to my first park of the day. Yes, I do know that Bell Services can transfer bags from a previous hotel to another. I just didn't feel comfortable having one bag full of Disney merchandise traveling from one resort to another without my supervision.

I would then make my way to Disney's Hollywood Studios. This is where I would purchase the special limited release Walt Disney magicband. I would also go to Walt Disney Presents to see the One Man's Dream film since it was his birthday.

I would then walk to EPCOT where I would hear several Voices of Liberty performances.

It was then time to leave EPCOT and make my way to the Magic Kingdom. That is because my Dad and his girlfriend are now in town to experience the magic with me!

So, I would end up in the Magic Kingdom with them where we would ride a few rides, see Happily Ever After and call it an evening.

I would then make my way back to Port Orleans French Quarter, and I was excited to see my room!

Stay tuned for more live updates from Walt Disney World!

Your dad & his friend are so lucky to have you as the tour guide. I know you'll enjoy showing them around. Looking forward to your opinion on POFQ.

Day 6 Update:

My day would start pretty horribly that would put me in a weird bad mood. I’ll just say the busses are horrible at Port Orleans French Quarter!

I would go to Animal Kingdom just to ride Flight of Passage.

Afterwards, I would make my way to EPCOT.

I would eat lunch at Katsura Grill and enjoy several Voices of Liberty performances before leaving the park.

I would have dinner reservations at California Grill where my Dad and I, as well as, a friend would get a table at the window with an amazing view! We would get our table around sunset and it was just gorgeous outside. I would have a great meal!

It is now time for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party!!!

Sorry to hear about the bus issue, we're going to convert you into a rental car fan sooner or later;) Enjoy your Friday at WDW.:)

Sorry to hear about the buses. I am interested in what the issue is. I know sometimes they share with POR but otherwise I have heard good things about them.

(Update from last night)

Day 6 Update:

I would arrive at the Magic Kingdom and quickly realized the character meet and greet lines were way to long to wait in.

So, I would make my way to Tomorrowland and ride the PeopleMover before seeing Tomorrowland Christmas and the a capella group.

I would then make my way to some treat locations.

It was then time to get a little wet on a certain log ride.

I would make my way to another treat station before getting a spot for the fireworks show.

Holiday Wishes is incredible as always.

I would make my way to ride Pirates and then get a spot for the parade.

Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmastime Parade is officially my favorite parade at Walt Disney World.

I would end my night by riding Big Thunder Railroad twice and seeing the Reindeer Wranglers.

In my opinion, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is well worth it!

I had no idea lol. I’ve only seen the movies once and haven’t read any of the books.

I definitely thought the reference was on purpose :P

It's definitely what Bilbo titles his book in Fellowship of the Ring- "There and Back Again: A Hobbit's Tale by Bilbo Baggins"
thereandbackagain.jpg

Major LOTR nerd here :D
I titled my trip report literally. I literally went back again in a short amount of time.

What an awesome place to spend Walt's birthday!!!! :) I, of course, spent it in Wintery Chicago--but it's his birthplace, so I guess also a good place to celebrate? :)
It was definitely cool being at Walt Disney World. It would have meant more if I was at Disneyland (which I was got his birthday last year). Chicago is a great place to celebrate!

Your dad & his friend are so lucky to have you as the tour guide. I know you'll enjoy showing them around. Looking forward to your opinion on POFQ.
Sure...lol. Enjoying the resort so far minus the morning busses.

Sorry to hear about the bus issue, we're going to convert you into a rental car fan sooner or later;) Enjoy your Friday at WDW.:)
Probably already happened lol! :D

Sorry to hear about the buses. I am interested in what the issue is. I know sometimes they share with POR but otherwise I have heard good things about them.
My issues with the busses aren’t a problem with sharing. There was just an issue that could have easily been avoided if there were more busses coming that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter