theoretical 2008 free dining question

super_crunch

Mouseketeer
I know this has been asked before...but the search function just takes me to an error message, so you'll have to endure it one more time :o

I just want to clarify this, so I can get my plans in order.

If we book a vacation for august of 2008...

IF and when a free dining promotion would potentially be announced...

and IF it applied to our already scheduled dates...

...could we add it to our already planned vacation (regardless of whether our initial reservation included the dining plan or not)?

I read that free dining was only available at certain resorts...but we wouldn't mind if we had to switch resorts.

And the million dollar question is...
if I make ADR's at the 180 day mark...would we be able to transfer those over, or would it all depend on if there were still tables available? (and if we couldn't re-book with the code for things like CRT, could we just pay for those seperate from the dining plan?)

thanks!!

Your dining reservations are not tied into the resort reservation. So you can change resorts and keep all of your dining ressies.

Purchased dining or free dining is irrelevant. Also how you pay is irrelevant: you can always pay for a meal with real money even if you're on the DDP (such as CRT) even if you have booked CRT under the DDP.

so ADR's made prior to a switch to free dining wouldn't have to be cancelled and re-booked with the code?

Could the rep just add the free dining code to an existing ADR?

Never cancel an already booked dining reservation that you want to keep. "The Code" is on the room--the dining is only a component of the package, just like a ticket or a room discount.

Just booked the free dining plan for next august. It has to be moderate hotel or above (no values this time) and the starting date is 10th august 2008, so thats 2 rooms in CSR with interconnecting rooms and cabanas 9b(hopefully). that is the UK offer so hopefully they will be offering it with you in the states soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter