Themed dining on 5 night Magic cruise. Does rotation matter?

dtk07

Mouseketeer
We are doing a 5 night cruise on the Magic later this year. Our prior cruise was a 3-night out of PC with standard rotational dining each night.

Beyond the 3 regular rotation spots, it looks like we should have a separate Pirate night and 'Til we meet again night. Would there be reason to want to select a particular rotation? Is Pirate or TWMA better or different/better in particular restaurants? Do they do a different AP show if we catch it twice during rotation and TWMA?

It seems to me that Lumiere's would be one to miss the 2nd time around for dinner, as it lacks to theming of the other two and we will catch breakfast and lunch in there a few times to get our fill of it's ambiance. Does that sound about right?

We've done 5 cruises so far and have never requested a rotation because it doesn't matter to us, I kinda like the surprise of what we get. If you are in AP for pirate night, you won't get an additional show. All the restaurants will serve the same menu on pirate night/TWMA. Some people might like a more formal looking restaurant on formal or semi-formal night so they make a request to eat in the more "fancy" restaurants like Lumiere's, Triton's or Royal Palace/Court. Some people might like a more relaxed themed restaurant for pirate night so they ask for a rotation to eat at AP or Rapunzel's, but you aren't going to get anything better at one restaurant over another.

As noted above, the number of times you eat a particular MDR won't make much difference aside from personal preference. I love the AP show on the classics and think it's the perfect way to start a cruise, so I sometimes request a rotation that begins there. Rotation made a difference for us once - our rotation never had Triton's standard menu and I missed out on the souffle. I'm still not sure how that happened :confused3:confused3.

We are also on a 5 night, but our Pirate Night is Day 3. So I did request a rotation because I assume we basically won’t get to eat the menu of our 3rd restaurant rotation since it will be the Pirate menu. I decided to make that Animators since we have been on the Dream and had the menu already. I’ve read that the “show” at Animator is neat for Pirate Night so at least we won’t miss out on that entertainment. I just knew we definitely didn’t want to miss the Rapunzle menu!

We are also on a 5 night, but our Pirate Night is Day 3. So I did request a rotation because I assume we basically won’t get to eat the menu of our 3rd restaurant rotation since it will be the Pirate menu. I decided to make that Animators since we have been on the Dream and had the menu already. I’ve read that the “show” at Animator is neat for Pirate Night so at least we won’t miss out on that entertainment. I just knew we definitely didn’t want to miss the Rapunzel menu!

You will get all three rotation menus, they just will not be consecutive. Rotation, Rotation, Special (Pirates), Rotation, Special(perhaps Til We Meet Again)

On the Magic and Wonder, pirate night in AP does have cool pirate art that changes during the meal. It is not a full show like the rotation night but is fun to look at.

You will get all three rotation menus, they just will not be consecutive. Rotation, Rotation, Special (Pirates), Rotation, Special(perhaps Til We Meet Again)

On the Magic and Wonder, pirate night in AP does have cool pirate art that changes during the meal. It is not a full show like the rotation night but is fun to look at.

Ok, I guess I’m confused. Sorry, this is only our 2nd cruise. I thought the menus were specific to the restaurant. Then for Pirate Night, etc they just replaced the menu of the restaurant you were in. So if our rotation is Rapunzel, Lumiere, Animator we will do R, L, A (Pirate), A(rotational) and then R again? Or will we just keep the rotation (R, L, A, R, L) but get the Animator menu on our 2nd time dining at Rapunzel?

Ok, I guess I’m confused. Sorry, this is only our 2nd cruise. I thought the menus were specific to the restaurant. Then for Pirate Night, etc they just replaced the menu of the restaurant you were in. So if our rotation is Rapunzel, Lumiere, Animator we will do R, L, A (Pirate), A(rotational) and then R again? Or will we just keep the rotation (R, L, A, R, L) but get the Animator menu on our 2nd time dining at Rapunzel?
You will likely repeat the pirate night restaurant the following night and have that restaurant's standard menu, so using your example, RLAA, then R or L, depending on how the back end of the rotation is set.

The rotational menus are specific to their MDR. The standard menus everyone gets no matter where they are dining. Pirate, Prince and Princess, Til We Meet Again, MDAS, etc.

You will dine in the MDR where you have the Pirate menu at least one other time. I agree with Wish, that you are likely to get the same MDR twice in a row, with one night being Pirate menu and one night be rotational.

As an example:

Night 1 - Lumiere's (rotational)
Night 2 - Rapunzel's (rotational)
Night 3 - AP (Pirate)
Night 4 - AP (rotational)
Night 5 - Lumiere's - Til We Meet Again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter