The Yearly Trip to Princess Ashlyn's Florida Castle! March 2010 PTR

That's great! I'm so glad you'll get to meet your dad! :goodvibes Can't wait to hear the new details!

Well, we got the hotel booked for March! We're going to be staying at Pop Century. I was going to book our room for September, too, but the lady was SO pushy that I just needed to get off the phone with her. She really pushed hard about the dining plan which I understand is her job and everything so that didn't bother me but she was being really rude about it and her super happy attitude that she had when she answered the phone disappeared after I said no to the dining plan (more than a few times). Then she was pushing about getting a preferred room instead of a standard. *sigh* Then she transferred me to dining so I could look into booking reservations for Cinderella's Royal Table. We would LOVE to go with my dad instead of going in September. But for some reason it wouldn't accept our billing address (FPO) and then it wouldn't accept our credit card. Now honestly, there is no reason why it shouldn't accept it. It wasn't a debit card and we are no where near our limit on our credit card. And it just had the down payment for the hotel put on it and that was accepted just fine. *double sigh* I found out that we can get the 40% off military discount on hotel rooms both trips (YAY!) but they won't give me the 40% off using my spouse ID (in case Aaron can't make it due to work). *triple sigh* That throws a wrench into the plans, but we'll figure it out. Now I just need to brush all that off and get back to being happy and excited. Maybe I should go and watch a happy Disney movie or something. Actually, a repeat of What Not to Wear might be on right now! :happytv: Thanks for letting me update and vent all at the same time! You know what? Maybe sharing with you a little treat I made last week will help clear up this gloom. A couple of weeks or so ago I was going through Disney withdrawals (we had no idea at the time we'd be going to WDW in September instead of October LET ALONE going in March, too!) and I really wanted to bake something (I love baking!!!) so I figured I would combine the two and make a Disney-inspired snack. It ended up not involving baking, but I made some chocolate-candy melt covered Oreos in the shape of Mickey heads! The ears are whole candy melts.

IMG_3652.jpg

I was so proud of how they turned out, they were very easy, and they were super yummy!

Small update: I called back specifically about the discount on the hotel room and got sent to the resort rates and offers "section." The guy (who was very nice - I love how this is the norm when you call Disney) said that yes, my spouse ID will be just fine to check in with! Yay! That really takes a lot of stress off my shoulders, to tell you the truth. That 40% makes a big difference! Now with things back on track, I just need to call and retry our Cinderella ressie! Wish me luck! :wizard: Then it's off to do some actual housework. :laundy:

I have a tentative schedule now for our March trip with my dad! We're not going to have anything set in stone, though, so we can base it just on how we all feel. We've decided to go ahead and spend the extra money to get park hoppers. My dad said as long as we get to the Magic Kingdom he doesn't mind which parks we go to. So I think it will be:

Monday, March 8th
ºoº Check in to Pop
ºoº Dad will be flying into Orlando early evening and taking the ME to the hotel (that will give me time to decorate or something) :hyper: Man, I know I've been saying this, but I am so FLIPPIN excited I feel like I've been drinking Mt. Dew non stop!!! I feel like I'm going to have plenty of energy this next month and a half just on this high alone!
ºoº Either grab something at Pop to eat or head to DTD for some dinner, depending on how tired my dad is. He's coming in from Cali so he'll be on a plane for quite awhile.
ºoº Relax and talk in the hotel room.

Tuesday, March 9th
ºoº We definitely have to start off the trip at the Magic Kingdom! No specific plans, though.

Wednesday, March 10th
ºoº Start off the day walking around Animal Kingdom before it gets too hot. I've heard it's easy enough doing this in half a day if you want to.
ºoº Dinner in the Magic Kingdom!!! (Can't reveal details since my dad has the link to my PTR and I want to surprise him :) I will talk about it in my TR, though!)

Thursday, March 11th
ºoº Again, these are all loose plans, but I'm thinking going to Epcot this day. I just found out the Flower and Garden show will be going on so that will be cool. If we decide to move on, we'll just head over to DHS later in the day.

Friday, March 12th
ºoº My dad has an early flight out this morning so will be catching the ME again to the airport. He will be gone way before Ashlyn even wakes up. :sad: I guess that will make for a shorter, "easier" goodbye, though.

Being overseas I can't just fly into Orlando or anything and I can only fly certain days so I'll be hanging out in Jacksonville for a couple of days before and after all this. Nothing too exciting to most people, but I actually get to go to a mall during this week, too!!! YAY! :lmao:

Congrats on getting the hotel booked! Plans look good, and AKL can definitely be a half-day, especially with your little one. :thumbsup2

Good to hear another person say AK can be done in a half day. We've never been able to take Ashlyn to the zoo and she LOVES animals so I'm excited to take her even for a little bit. We took her to Sea World before, but she was 2 months old so she slept most of the time. lol Military gets in free to Sea World once a year so even though she was super young we figured, why not? :)

Hi Charlefours and :welcome: to my PTR! :) You're right, you never know when it comes to Disney. There is pixie dust everywhere! pixiedust: I'm off to read your PTR. :)

I am glad you made it over to my PTR! And YAY for a second trip!! :goodvibes I am so glad you are able to use your spouse card for the discount. It never ceases to amaze the different answers you will get when you call!

I know, it's crazy how you can get completely different answers just a day later! I had to call again because I completely forgot to request a crib and a fridge for the room the first time I called. Then I called back because I almost forgot to make a dining ressie. This is only the second trip where I've called to make all the reservations (Disneyland trips as a kid my parents always took care of or it was a day trip and our first WDW trip we stayed off site with no dining ressies), but so far I just can't do it all in one call. I always forget something. I think it's my subconscious wanting to call and experience a little Disney magic to help me get through the wait til the trip! :lmao:

I'm making some t-shirts for our first day, which will be in the Magic Kingdom. I took some of the Mickey heads that Milliepie made over on the DISigns board and added our names. I had to order some shirts for Ashlyn and me so I'm waiting for those to come in, but I wanted to show you Aaron's and my dad's.

IMG_3695.jpg

As you can see, I messed up on Aaron's (Daddy). I got a little too excited about it and when I was touching up some of the edges I slipped. :sad2: Needless to say I slowed down a little when I got to my dad's shirt. I'm going to go back to the store to get another shirt and re-do Aaron's, but I still wanted to share! I cut it really close to the line with ordering Ashlyn's and my shirts so hopefully they'll come in time. If not, I'm just going to bring the transfers with us, buy some shirts at Target or something, and use the iron in the room. We'll be staying a couple of nights in a NavyLodge before we head over to Disney World so I'll have some time to finish up a few things if need be.

I was thinking of making shirts for Ashlyn for the rest of our days in the park, but my MIL mentioned that she made some shirts for her to wear and has mailed them. She's so cute with how excited she gets about stuff we're doing, even if she's not technically a part of it.

I also bought some pillowcases today and when Milliepie gets a chance to do a few name fills I requested, I'm going to iron them onto the cases! No one knows about that, not even Aaron, so I'm really excited to secretly put them on the pillows when we get to Pop! I'll just wait for Aaron to go to the restroom or go out to the car to get our luggage (if he can come *crossing fingers*). And my dad won't be coming in until a couple of hours after check-in (plus he is taking the Magical Express :teleport:) so I'll have plenty of time to decorate. :hyper:

I'm definitely going to share more pics as all this stuff comes together! For right now, I've been listening to different Disney stations on Live365 to put us in the mood (not that we need help)! :mickeyjum

I'm not sure if anyone is even really reading my PTR, but I'm having a blast writing it! :thumbsup2 Aaron brought home some packages during his lunch break. My MIL had sent some Disney socks for Ashlyn! They are super cute!

IMG_3696.jpg

She'll have to grow into the Mickey socks, but the Ariel socks will fit perfectly (she's destined to have teeny feet like her mama). She'll be Disney-fied down to her little toes. :) I know my MIL has some other Disney tricks up her sleeve that she's sending soon and I can't wait to see what they are!

I am still here!! :yay: Things have been a little crazy on my end! Love the shirts you made. Looking forward to seeing what your MIL made and what you ordered!! Cute socks! :goodvibes

Awww, thanks guys. I didn't mean to make it sound like I was complaining or anything. Life definitely has a way of getting in the way of catching up on DIS. :rotfl: I was pretty excited to actually have something to post about again.

Which brings me to another post! Not an update or anything, but remember those Mickey Oreo pops I made a little while ago? Well, I ordered some fondant which came in today, made some more pops, and decorated them.

IMG_3701.jpg

They are far from perfect, but it was my first time working with fondant so I'm pretty happy with how they turned out! Plus, they were still tasty!

YAY! I got some more stuff together for our trip. I got those word fills from Milliepie that I was talking about and they turned out SO CUTE!!! I was going to iron them onto some pillowcases yesterday, but Aaron called saying he was going to be a little late for lunch. So I just finished cutting the designs out and put everything away around the time he was supposed to get home. He ended up never coming home for lunch. He was supposed to have something to do at work yesterday evening so I figured I would do them then. Well, he comes home and says it got rescheduled for tonight. I loved having him home last night (we watched the WDW episode of Cake Boss that premiered on TLC last night - anyone else watch?) but I was so excited about making these pillowcases. :rotfl: So I did them this morning right after Ashlyn's breakfast.

IMG_3711.jpg

I love them! The plan is to hide them in the suitcases somewhere and trying to keep them hidden until we get to WDW property. Then I am going to probably stay in the hotel room while Aaron goes to get the luggage (you know, so Ashlyn doesn't get in the way of moving stuff :rolleyes1) or wait until he goes into the restroom. Then I am going to replace the pillowcases of 4 of the pillows with these. If Aaron is not able to come with us, I am going to put his pillowcase on one of our own pillows before I leave. But I'm not willing to start planning on him not coming at the moment. :)

I also would love to make a door sign that says something about Grandpa and Granddaughter meeting for the first time, but I'm not sure what to do yet. I might post something on the Creative Community board. If you have any ideas I would love to hear them! :cool2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter