The year of living Disney TR - Winter edition! Update! 11/27/17 mini November trip report

Oh my, such a great year of Disney! Looking forward to hearing about the logistics of the stay, but always nice when day one goes so smoothly. And aahhhhhhhh, beautiful castle pictures!

Hi Donna!
It has been a great year so far! So far the castle at Christmas time has been my absolute favorite!

Day 2
Part 1
More Magic Kingdom time, a DISmeet, and we re-visit one of our favorite restaurants for lunch!
We woke up to a beautiful day after an amazing night's sleep (WL has the most comfy beds!) and headed down to Roaring Fork, WL's quick service, to satisfy the rumblies in our tumblies. I had been reading about the banana's foster Mickey waffles and wanted to give them a shot.
image.jpeg

The bacon was perfect and crispy, and the Mickey Waffels were perfection, but unfortunately the banana's foster sauce was too thick and kinda gluey. Bummer. :crazy2: I saw a lady at a table near us who had the Mickey waffles with chocolate sauce and a huge pile of whipped cream on top and knew instantly I should have gone with those instead. But there are no food mistakes in my world, only learning experiences, so next time we are at WL those chocolate Mickey waffles will be mine! Kiya had the standard kids breakfast and I think Bob just got a Bagel or something, so no pics of those, just the gluey bananas foster waffles!

And then we hopped on our semi private boat over to MK
image.jpeg
And enjoyed the sights along the way..
image.jpeg

IMG_1795.JPG

And the obligatory butt shot

We made our way over to BTMRR to catch a few rides before the lines got long, and I had been texting with @chunkymonkey that morning so that we could meet up there and introduce ourselves. We were going through the standby line and her and her husband sailed through the FP line and I spotted her getting off the train we were just getting ready to get on. It was so cool to see someone you've only seen in photos before. It was like spotting a celebrity!
image.jpeg
This picture of me is insanely horrible, but Su-Lynn looks awesome, as always. We chatted for a while and agreed to try and find each other again that evening for the MVMCP! I was kinda nervous and completely geeky because I'd never done a DISmeet before, but she was so sweet and easy to talk to! It was so much fun getting to meet you and Steve that day Su-Lynn! I'm so looking forward to seeing you again next month.

After saying our goodbyes for now we hung around MK for a while longer until it was time to head to Disney Springs for our lunch ADR at the Boathouse! We had loved it there so much when we were on our grown-ups only trip back in September we wanted to go again. It's 2 credits on the DP but since we didn't use a table service credit the night we arrived we still had two for the day. Plus Kiya is a complete carnivore and she was dying to try the steak we had raved about.

Plus mama needed a drink..
IMG_1801.JPG
I can't remember exactly what this was but I'm kind of remembering a blueberry lemonade with Vodka, but what I do remember was that I was a very happy camper when the glass was empty!

Unfortunately they didn't have steak on the kids menu for Kiya but our server was very sweet and suggested we both order the biggest filet we could get and she would bring an extra plate out for her so we could each cut ours to make her her own filet portion. They also both came with potatoes so there was more than enough for all three of us to share. Their portion sizes are very generous! Sorry guys, I was a picture failure at lunch but if you read my last TR it would have looked exactly the same, because we both got the very same thing! And it was just as good as the first time.....yum!

IMG_1802.JPG

We did some shopping around DS and then made our way back to WL to rest up and change for MVMCP!

Coming up next, we party it up with Mickey and Bob takes ugly Christmas sweater to a whole new level!

Last edited:
The bacon was perfect and crispy, and the Mickey Waffels were perfection, but unfortunately the banana's foster sauce was too thick and kinda gluey. Bummer. :crazy2: I saw a lady at a table near us who had the Mickey waffles with chocolate sauce and a huge pile of whipped cream on top and knew instantly I should have gone with those instead. But there are no food mistakes in my world, only learning experiences, so next time we are at WL those chocolate Mickey waffles will be mine! Kiya had the standard kids breakfast and I think Bob just got a Bagel or something, so no pics of those, just the gluey bananas foster waffles!

Those waffles look rather good. I prefer my waffles plain with just butter and syrup (I'm a purist, lol) but occasionally I don't mind some fruit or chocolate. I do agree the bananas foster sauce does look thick. It looks thicker than the ohana sauce for their bread pudding. But I do like bananas! Maybe you can get the sauce on the side?

And the obligatory butt shot

Haha I have so many of these of both CS and DH.

We made our way over to BTMRR to catch a few rides before the lines got long, and I had been texting with @chunkymonkey that morning so that we could meet up there and introduce ourselves. We were going through the standby line and her and her husband sailed through the FP line and I spotted her getting off the train we were just getting ready to get on. It was so cool to see someone you've only seen in photos before. It was like spotting a celebrity!
View attachment 216891
This picture of me is insanely horrible, but Su-Lynn looks awesome, as always. We chatted for a while and agreed to try and find each other again that evening for the MVMCP! I was kinda nervous and completely geeky because I'd never done a DISmeet before, but she was so sweet and easy to talk to! It was so much fun getting to meet you and Steve that day Su-Lynn! I'm so looking forward to seeing you again next month.

Awwww thanks! I think that picture is cute. I don't see where you look horrible, I think you looks really nice! Your skin is amazing too - it looks like you have no make-up on and still great skin. That's so funny we saw each other at BTMRR as we were getting off. It was great meeting you guys too! I can't wait to catch up in a month, and also to meet your other daughter!

After saying our goodbyes for now we hung around MK for a while longer until it was time to head to Disney Springs for our lunch ADR at the Boathouse! We had loved it there so much when we were on our grown-ups only trip back in September we wanted to go again. It's 2 credits on the DP but since we didn't use a table service credit the night we arrived we still had two for the day. Plus Kiya is a complete carnivore and she was dying to try the steak we had raved about.

Plus mama needed a drink..
View attachment 216894
I can't remember exactly what this was but I'm kind of remembering a blueberry lemonade with Vodka, but what I do remember was that I was a very happy camper when the glass was empty!

Unfortunately they didn't have steak on the kids menu for Kiya but our server was very sweet and suggested we both order the biggest filet we could get and she would bring an extra plate out for her so we could each cut ours to make her her own filet portion. They also both came with potatoes so there was more than enough for all three of us to share. Their portion sizes are very generous! Sorry guys, I was a picture failure at lunch but if you read my last TR it would have looked exactly the same, because we both got the very same thing! And it was just as good as the first time.....yum!

Yum! Looks quite delicious. I will have to make a trip out to the boathouse!

We did some shopping around DS and then made our way back to WL to rest up and change for MVMCP!
Coming up next, we party it up with Mickey and Bob takes ugly Christmas sweater to a whole new level!

Yeeeessss! Looking forward to the evening festivities!

I am following your TR - and jealous you have been there so many times in a year - Congrats !

Hi! :wave2:Thanks so much for following along! It really was a very unusual year for us to go so many times, we will probably stick with our once or twice a year trips from now on

I prefer my waffles plain with just butter and syrup (I'm a purist, lol)

I'm usually a waffle purist also, but I love bananas foster, I had high expectations :laughing:

It looks thicker than the ohana sauce for their bread pudding.

OMG, the Ohana sauce would be amazing on Mickey waffles! Yum!

I don't see where you look horrible,

You're too sweet, my hair gets so weird in FL!

Your skin is amazing too - it looks like you have no make-up on and still great skin.

Aw, thanks! :bitelip:.

can't wait to catch up in a month, and also to meet your other daughter!

Me too! If we can ever get @Elevationist back on here so we can arrange our Friday night cocktail hour! I need to check with her to see if we are still doing breakfast @ the wave also..

Yum! Looks quite delicious. I will have to make a trip out to the boathouse!

It was very refreshing for sure! I probably could have had 2 or 3!

I'm so glad to hear that you really liked The Boat House. I hope to eat there next month.

Thanks! It really is a great choice, I hope you get to go there too! If you do you'll have to let me know how you liked it[/QUOTE]

Isn't that WL boat great? Steve wouldn't stop raving about it when we stayed there for the first time in August. I cannot wait to get back there in May, absolutely my favorite resort to date! The cabins and smokehouse were barely framed out in August so,it's great to see the progress, interested to see what they'll.look,like when we get there :goodvibes
Dis meets are the best :thumbsup2 I Had my first one in March almost 2 years ago and I was nervous lol. I still feel like I talk too much but the more I have the more comfortable I'm getting.

Isn't that WL boat great?

It really is! I think that was one of Bob's favorite parts about staying there also ( and mine too)

Dis meets are the best :thumbsup2 I Had my first one in March almost 2 years ago and I was nervous lol. I still feel like I talk too much but the more I have the more comfortable I'm getting.

Ugh, I was miss talky talkerton too. :hyper2: It was so funny when we had said our goodbyes Kiya turns to me and says " geez Mom, you were so smiley and chatty!"

I had been reading about the banana's foster Mickey waffles and wanted to give them a shot.
Bananas. Just nope. Never.

We were going through the standby line and her and her husband sailed through the FP line and I spotted her getting off the train we were just getting ready to get on. It was so cool to see someone you've only seen in photos before.

Nice! No looking for each other!

I'm so looking forward to seeing you again next month.

Again!? How cool is that?

a blueberry lemonade with Vodka, but what I do remember was that I was a very happy camper when the glass was empty!

Mmmmm, that sounds amazing! WoW!

Late as always, but here now!!!! Can't wait to hear more

There are bizarre things happening with avatar pics right now! Has anyone else noticed a change in their photo?

On my phone at the moment but seeing a lot of blank white squares... I still see cutie pie dumbo for yours though! :dumbo:

So weird! I see all white squares now ( except yours is your normal photo). Mine was a pirate photo of my husband and I that I hadn't used in ages just a few minutes ago! Must be 999 happy haunts playing tricks..

We were assigned room 6042 which was awesome! It's a standard view room but this is what was our view
img_1780-jpg.216377
OK, if am I ever fortunate enough to stay at WL, I need to remember this room number. What a fantastic view. I'll just make sure to keep looking up! But for a view of the castle, I'll take trucks and AC units underneath.

We also discovered it was a huge perk to be able to take the WL boat back and forth to the MK, while there was a huge line for the monorail and busses at the end of the night, we just hopped on the boat and sailed away
I love the idea of a boat ride to the hotel. Unfortunately DW is not a fan of boats, which is why I am never sure I'll stay at WL.

I saw a lady at a table near us who had the Mickey waffles with chocolate sauce and a huge pile of whipped cream on top and knew instantly I should have gone with those instead.
Waffles with chocolate sauce and whipped cream, that's something my girls would go for! I wonder is that something they do only at Roaring Fork? I've never noticed any special waffles at other resorts. (mind you I've only stayed Moderate and Value, so maybe that's why)

Plus Kiya is a complete carnivore and she was dying to try the steak we had raved about.
Sounds like my youngest DD, she loves steak, and most any kind of meat. Now the oldest, she picks at chicken and that's it. Planning meals gets real interesting with those two.

Bananas. Just nope. Never.

Not a banana fan? I'm usually not a fan of any kind of cooked fruit, but bananas foster is awesome, when not all thick and gluey of course!
:banana:

Again!? How cool is that?

It just worked out that we booked 2 of our trips for the same time. It is awesome though!

Mmmmm, that sounds amazing! WoW!

It really was! Very refreshing too. I may have to place my buttox at the Boathouse bar and have another round next time I'm there!

OK, if am I ever fortunate enough to stay at WL, I need to remember this room number. What a fantastic view.

The view was amazing. We were never in the room at fireworks time though.. I would have liked to have seen them from there. It was a nice surprise for a standard view room. The trucks and buildings below didn't bother us one bit.

I love the idea of a boat ride to the hotel. Unfortunately DW is not a fan of boats, which is why I am never sure I'll stay at WL.

You can always take the bus from WL to MK also, so boat isn't your only mode of transport. I happen to love boats, so It's especially fun for me. I do hope you get to stay there someday, it's just beautiful, and I'm becoming a huge fan of the "everything under one roof" resorts

Waffles with chocolate sauce and whipped cream, that's something my girls would go for! I wonder is that something they do only at Roaring Fork?

You know, now that I think about it Roaring Fork has been the only resort QS I have seen waffles like that at. If your girls like that kind of stuff you might want to check out Sleepy Hollow in the MK. They do Nutella waffles and Nutella waffles topped with fresh fruit. Yum! They are regular waffles, not Mickey waffles though.

Sounds like my youngest DD, she loves steak, and most any kind of meat. Now the oldest, she picks at chicken and that's it. Planning meals gets real interesting with those two.

That would make it difficult!

Not a banana fan? I'm usually not a fan of any kind of cooked fruit, but bananas foster is awesome, when not all thick and gluey of course!
:banana:

I can't do them in any form except banana bread on occasion.

It just worked out that we booked 2 of our trips for the same time. It is awesome though!

Score!!!!

I may have to place my buttox at the Boathouse bar and have another round next time I'm there!

And someday, I might actually have to try it out!

Yummy start to your trip! WL has been so peacefully perfect each time we eat there, I haven't stayed, but I always think some day...... those cabins would be the bomb, but this middle class lady won't ever do them, either unless something really magical happens. Looking at your boathouse meal almost makes me re-think the cruise I booked for next yesr. Maybe we should do WDW instead. :rotfl2:

RL has struck and we can no longer avoid the fact that we need to reshingle the roof.

Uhg, I hate RL sometimes! Adulting is not so fun when those things come up

But my passes have no expiry date, so I can still be happy knowing that I will be going back one day!

No expiry date!?! Wow, you're so lucky!!

I think your Dismeet picture looks great - happiness looks great on us all!!

You're too kind, but I do agree, happiness does look great on us all!

WL has been so peacefully perfect each time we eat there, I haven't stayed, but I always think som

:wave: Hiya! So glad to have you joining us here! WL is a terrific resort, isn't it? It's a nice oasis to come back to... I hope you get to stay there someday

Looking at your boathouse meal almost makes me re-think the cruise I booked for next yesr. Maybe we should do WDW instead. :rotfl2:

The Boathouse is lovely, bit I wouldn't trade my cruise for it! :laughing: I love cruises too, we have one planned for 2018 but DCL hasn't published the dates for the one we want yet. :boat: Where are you going?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter