The year of living Disney - Autumn and deluxe dining TR**NEW TR LINK UP 1/16**

cinderkelly

DIS Veteran
Hello and :welcome: to the Autumn edition of The Year of living Disney!

Who? Just my husband and I, we are Bob and Kelly :wave2:
When? September 28-October 5, 2016
Where? Arrival night at POFQ and then the Polynesian deluxe studio villa
Why? Celebrating our 10th anniversary

image.jpeg

I say it's the year of living Disney because we decided to buy annual passes this year and you all know what happens when you buy annual passes? You want to go all the time!!! I had an awesome mother/son trip earlier this year in the Summer staying at the Contemporary, and we have another trip planned for just about 7 weeks from now with our youngest daughter to see the Christmas decorations! I also have a fourth trip coming up in late February/ early March with my oldest daughter at the beginning of Flower and Garden, so that about covers all four seasons! Whew! :faint:

giphy.gif

So I'd love to have you join me as I re-live our latest adventure with the deluxe dining plan, an awesome tour, MNSSHP and a surprise ending.

:daisy:

:wave2: Am I the first one here?!

Looking forward to hearing all about your trip!

I'm here!! Can't wait to read more. We are also going at the end of Feb - beginning of March!!!

Cute pic of you guys.

I say it's the year of living Disney because we decided to buy annual passes this year and you all know what happens when you buy annual passes? You want to go all the time!!!

I wouldn't know!
I don't think I dare to find out.

I had an awesome mother/son trip earlier this year in the Summer staying at the Contemporary, and we have another trip planned for just about 7 weeks from now with our youngest daughter to see the Christmas decorations! I also have a fourth trip coming up in late February/ early March with my oldest daughter at the beginning of Flower and Garden, so that about covers all four seasons! Whew! :faint:

Holy crap!

So I'd love to have you join me as I re-live our latest adventure with the deluxe dining plan, an awesome tour, MNSSHP and a surprise ending.

Here!

:wave2: Am I the first one here?!

Looking forward to hearing all about your trip!

Yes! First prize! :flower1: Thanks so much for joining in!

I'm here!! Can't wait to read more. We are also going at the end of Feb - beginning of March!!!

Hi Amber! :welcome: Thanks so much for being here! I've never been to DW that time of year, so it should be interesting!

Cute pic of you guys.

I wouldn't know!
I don't think I dare to find out.

It's a very dangerous thing I tell you

Holy crap!

I know it:faint:

I'm so glad! :banana:

Following along! We're going to see the Christmas decorations this year too!

Joining in too! Can't wait to hear about your Fall trip and how you enjoyed the Deluxe Dining Plan!

I LOVE MNSSHP and am a fan of the tours, so count me in!

Hi Ariane! Thanks for joining in! :flower:

Following along! We're going to see the Christmas decorations this year too!

:welcome: Raeven! So glad to have you here!

Hello Kelly!

Oooo...a surprise ending! Count me in!

:yay: Hi Jenna!! So happy to see you here! So glad you're officially out of lurkedom!

Awesome! Can't wait!!

:welcome:Thanks for reading along!!

Yay! I'm here!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Hi Su-Lynn!! :hug: So happy you're here!

Joining in too! Can't wait to hear about your Fall trip and how you enjoyed the Deluxe Dining Plan!

:wave2:Hello there! And welcome! Ohhhh, the deluxe dining plan was an adventure in itself!

Wow guys, what a party! party: I'm so excited to have y'all here! I hope to have an update of day 1 out soon. Things have been crazy busy getting back to work and all that jazz. Thanks so much for sticking with me!

Day 1
a little work, a lot of waiting and Irish music
It's just any old morning, get up, shower, get the youngest ready for school, go to Disney World! Woo hoo! :cool1: After over a year of planning it's finally here! But we have to go into work for a couple of hours first.

giphy.gif

My husband and I are both massage theaprapists and hairdressers and we have our own business. When we are both gone from work at the same time it's a little harsh so we have to squeeze any little bit of work time that we can. Our flight didn't leave until 3:00 so we spent our morning at work, yea! But it's only from 9:00 until noon, I can handle this!

12:00 hits and I'm out of here! Bob was still finishing up with his last client so I went home real quick to load up my Son's car with the luggage and was going to pick Bob up on our way back out. That's the beauty of living less than 5 minutes from work! We have about an hour drive to the airport and thankfully my son was dropping us off so we didn't have to pay for parking for a week, cha ching!

It was smooth sailing up to the airport and security was quick and painless ( thank you TSA pre check!) and we were at our gate 2 hours ahead of time. This is where the great wait begins. We grabbed a little snack knowing it would be late before we ate again and waited. And waited. Finally it's time to start pre-boarding anyone needing extra assistance. We usually fly Southwest when we can so we stood in line, had a great boarding position, A 24 and 25 I think, so all was well. Well as luck would have it we had a very large number of elderly people going back to their mothership in Florida on our flight so it took some time, and for some reason each elderly person had a posse of about 5 so they all got to board with their respective senior citizen and let me tell you they don't move fast. 30 minutes later it was our turn to board and by the time we got on the plane the whole front half was already taken with snail group A. :sad2: Ok, no problem, available seats near the back, at least I'm on the plane!

Surprisingly we took off only 15 minutes late and we were on our way. The flight was mostly uneventful until our decent into the Orlando area where we had to deal with a few thunderstorms and it got a bit bumpy. Now normally this would have me sweating bullets ( I don't do turbulence we very well)
giphy.gif
but God bless those free drink coupons Southwest sent me because those 2 vodka and sprite's I chugged in flight were doing their job and I was cool as a cucumber.

giphy.gif

We landed on time and it was hurry up and wait yet again until all those in the front of the plane exited. It was raining pretty good outside but no worries Mon' we're here!

We decided to collect our luggage ourselves which didn't take long at all and then made our way to the Magical Express where we got on pretty quickly but then of course had to wait until the bus was full :rolleyes1. But soon we were on our way! Since we were staying at POFQ that night we first made stops at Saratoga Springs and Carribean Beach. We arrived at POFQ and went straight to our room since we had gotten a room ready text even before we left Denver. We got the exact building and location I requested, shout out to Touring Plans! Building 2 with a beautiful garden view. Sorry I completely dropped the ball on taking pictures of our view or the room :crazy2:. But it was nice and I love the atmosphere at this resort, plus it's small which makes getting around very easy.

It was still raining a bit so we decided to just hop on a bus to Disney Springs and grab something to eat. By the time we got to to our room it was already 10:30pm and we were starving!

Day 1 to be continued........

very large number of elderly people going back to their mothership in Florida

:rotfl2: Love this!

I would love to take a feel good pill or get pretty tipsy on a plane and let my trip companion take care of me. I just worry though about getting sick since I get motion sick pretty easily.

It's just any old morning, get up, shower, get the youngest ready for school, go to Disney World!

Same old, same old...

After over a year of planning it's finally here! But we have to go into work for a couple of hours first.

I agree with Lucifer... buzz kill.

Our flight didn't leave until 3:00 so we spent our morning at work, yea! But it's only from 9:00 until noon, I can handle this!

Knowing you only had half a day... and then Disney?
Piece of cake!

I want cake now.

That's the beauty of living less than 5 minutes from work!

Nice! Wish I was closer. But I like where we live, so....

security was quick and painless ( thank you TSA pre check!)

Nice!

This is where the great wait begins.

You make it sound so... epic.
Biblical.
"The great wait hath commenced. Woe be it upon those who shall not wait."

Well as luck would have it we had a very large number of elderly people going back to their mothership in Florida

:lmao:

Ok, no problem, available seats near the back, at least I'm on the plane!

Plus the front part of the plane is going to Miami.

but God bless those free drink coupons Southwest sent me because those 2 vodka and sprite's I chugged in flight were doing their job and I was cool as a cucumber.

:laughing: Alcohol. It does wonderful things.

We decided to collect our luggage ourselves

Why? I had a reason.

we got on pretty quickly but then of course had to wait until the bus was full :rolleyes1

Happened the same way with me.

We arrived at POFQ and went straight to our room since we had gotten a room ready text even before we left Denver.

So you didn't even have to stop in the lobby?

We got the exact building and location I requested, shout out to Touring Plans!

::yes::

Sorry I completely dropped the ball on taking pictures of our view or the room :crazy2:

What??!?!?!?

I'm outta here!

well... I do want to know what else happened..... guess I'll stick around for a bit.

But it was nice and I love the atmosphere at this resort, plus it's small which makes getting around very easy.

When I was originally planning on going with Ruby,
I was going to book POFQ.

I get so impatient waiting to get off the plane, so now we always make sure (unless we book too late and all are taken) to get seats as close to the front of the plane as possible!!! We fly JetBlue so we pick our seats when we book the flights which I love, we know where we're sitting already. Still have to wait and board last but I rather be waiting in the airport while everyone else is getting on than sitting in the plane while everyone else is getting off!

I love getting a room ready text before even leaving my house :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter