The "Yeah, I'm famous, I'm on Youtube!" report-Opinions needed 2/22

Look what came today!
Lovely, lovely DME documents!
pretrip016.jpg

pretrip015copy.jpg

I guess there’s no free PIN anymore, but they’re still lovely! I haven’t gotten the big package yet, but still-DME tags! They are now snugglebuggle in the Passporter
To do list of doom:
Before mid-November:

*Go to Dollar tree-get glow jewelry, possibly room decorations
*Book Mom’s rental car
*Book Mom’s Key West
*Fill out Passporter
*Cashout for last SR rewards before I go
*Order Disney Rewards Card-Done! :)
Before December 1:
*Soak LGMH’s
*Get covers to stick on LGMH’s and ADR list, and maybe clingy window stuff
*Decorate Mousekeeping envelopes
*Buy M&M tubes, unless I decide my RX bottles are sufficient
*Clean pennies and Fill tubes
*Buy spray sunscreen
*Get things for MamaKat’s St. Nicholas Day presents (suggestions welcome!)

Hey there Hedy. :yay:

I've seen you around the boards so I thought I'd stop in and take a "look see" at your report.

Looks good. I'll be you were happy to see those Magical Express tickets! :cool1:

And the much awaited "docs" came. I really like the plastic holder you get with a package. And..we got our $15 Planet Hollywood voucher. :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:
pretrip018-1.jpg

pretrip017-1.jpg

In other amusing WDW annecdotes, the nephews were over last weekend. Now, there has been no flaw in their training-they're moving to FL to work for Disney when they grow up (actually, ElderNephew plans on owning WDW one day), and ElderNephew will randomly carry his KTTW card from their 2006 trip in his pocket. So ElderNephew was talking about Teppanaki, and then I was bemoaning that Spaceship Earth would be closed when I'm there. YoungerNephew, the future Imagineer, piped up "They should make it so that you can turn around and look for Hidden Mickeys!" :) They make me proud. :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

To do list of doom:
Before mid-November:

*Book Mom’s rental car-not booked, but we know that she's booking through Dollar
*Book Mom’s Key West hotel
*Fill out Passporter
*Cashout for last SR rewards before I go
*Order Disney Rewards Card-Done!
Before December 1:
*Soak LGMH’s
*Buy M&M tubes, unless I decide my RX bottles are sufficient-bought one yesterday at Bed, Bath, and Beyond 20% off.
*Buy spray sunscreen
-Feel free to make suggestions.

Hey, we just had a bunch of glow jewlery for Halloween!

I use that Spray Sunscreen on the top of my head. Gettin' a little thin up there. :rolleyes1

Hey, we just had a bunch of glow jewlery for Halloween!

I use that Spray Sunscreen on the top of my head. Gettin' a little thin up there. :rolleyes1

::yes:: ::yes:: I meant to hit up a place for glow stuff before Halloween, but my immune system had other ideas-I'm hoping I can get some in the pre-NYE era.

Poor MamaKat! She learned her ferry from Key West to Ft. Myers doesn't go the day she wanted to (and this wasn't on the website :sad2: ). So she's leaving Key West early and spending an extra day in Naples.
In other news, today I learned via Allears that Dave Barry will be at WDW on 12/8, and will be marshal of the parade. Cool! :) :)

Work may be crazy...
I need to find a new Xmas gift for YoungerNephew since Aquadots were recalled...
I may be flip-flopping every day as to whether I'm going to my HS reunion in a couple weeks...
But....
I'll be at WDW this time next month!
To do list of doom:
Before mid-November:
*Book Mom’s rental car-Done!
*Book Mom’s Key West hotel-Done!
*Fill out Passporter-done
*Cashout for last SR rewards before I go-done
*Order Disney Rewards Card-Done!
Before December 1:
*Soak LGMH’s
*Buy M&M tubes-done!
*Buy spray sunscreen
-Feel free to make suggestions.

You're doing pretty good on your list.:thumbsup2

::yes::. To be fair, a good deal of the credit goes to Mom getting her reservations in order-apparently "we'll be there next month" is a good motivational tool.

This time next month, I'll be back at my room, having been to AK, and MGM earlier in the day. :cloud9: :cloud9:

::yes::. To be fair, a good deal of the credit goes to Mom getting her reservations in order-apparently "we'll be there next month" is a good motivational tool.

That gave me a good laugh.:thumbsup2

This time next month, I'll be back at my room, having been to AK, and MGM earlier in the day. :cloud9: :cloud9:

Nice.....

isn't that the BEST game? I did that for over a month before our trip - at this time we'll be eating lunch here, or we'll be doing this or be in this park ... it definitely helps pass the time :)

it's SO SO SO close!

So Allears.net listed the MVMCP schedule today:
Holiday Wishes--Celebrate the Spirit of the Season: 9:30 p.m.

Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime Parade: 8:15, 10:30 p.m.

Mickey's 'Twas the Night Before Christmas' Show: 7, 8, 9, 10:15 and 11:15 p.m.

Celebrate the Season Show - 7:45, 10:05 and 11:30 p.m. at the Castle Forecourt Stage

Belle's Enchanted Christmas Story: 7:15, 8:10, 10:00 and 11:15pm

I'm thinking I'll aim for the first Celebrate the Seasons show, first parade (go to second if the first is too crowded), holiday Wishes. then either the 10:15 or 11:15 Twas the night before Xmas.

Should I try to see Belle's story time (solo adult)? Any thoughts?

PS-One month from right now I'll be at LeCellier. :goodvibes:

So Allears.net listed the MVMCP schedule today:
Holiday Wishes--Celebrate the Spirit of the Season: 9:30 p.m.

Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime Parade: 8:15, 10:30 p.m.

Mickey's 'Twas the Night Before Christmas' Show: 7, 8, 9, 10:15 and 11:15 p.m.

Celebrate the Season Show - 7:45, 10:05 and 11:30 p.m. at the Castle Forecourt Stage

Belle's Enchanted Christmas Story: 7:15, 8:10, 10:00 and 11:15pm

I'm thinking I'll aim for the first Celebrate the Seasons show, first parade (go to second if the first is too crowded), holiday Wishes. then either the 10:15 or 11:15 Twas the night before Xmas.

Should I try to see Belle's story time (solo adult)? Any thoughts?

PS-One month from right now I'll be at LeCellier. :goodvibes:

Thanks so much for posting the times! Any idea on the times yet for the storytellers in Epcot?

PS 4 weeks from right now I will be heading to the Magic Kingdom for Dinner at Liberty Tree and the Christmas Party!

Thanks so much for posting the times! Any idea on the times yet for the storytellers in Epcot?

PS 4 weeks from right now I will be heading to the Magic Kingdom for Dinner at Liberty Tree and the Christmas Party!

I haven't seen one.

I will be at DTD, readying myself for Planet Hollywood and the AC. :teeth:

Oh, look, I've become banal daily updates pre-trip report girl. I studied WDW Poly Princess' TR's today at work though, so one can hope I'll improve (plus, I'm going to DollarTree and Target this weekend, so at least I'll have new stuff to take pictures of at that time).

Anyway, the menu for Yaking Yeti, I mean, Yak and Yeti is up, and I am underwhelmed (I didn't really see any veggie options, why the AK is the least veggie friendly park I will never know). Ergo, my Monday plan looks like this:
Monday, December 10
EMH at AK. Ride EE, grab Kali fast passes. Ride Safari. Ride Kali. Hang out in DinoLand. Grab snack. Look at animals. See Parade. Head to MGM. Grab fast pass for RnR or ToT. Eat at ABC Commissary. See Fantasmic. See Osboune Lights. Go back to POFQ. Grab snack at POFQ.

In other news, now that I'm taking my tour, it looks like I may not be using one park day on my 8 day park hopper. I'm considering adding to expiration to my ticket because of that, plus I would then have 5 plus options left, enabling me to buy straight park hoppers for my next trip (plus I'd have my 3 day park hopper from this package). :rolleyes1

In picking up stuff for my DIS ornament exchange and SR Christmas exchange people yesterday, I realized there’s some long exposition I forgot to inflict on the internets.

See, I didn’t used to be a Christmas person, really. I didn’t actively dislike it (well, those years I worked in retail I did ;)-you ask me, Scrooge worked in retail for many years), but I wasn’t one of “those dang Christmas people.” Oh, I liked getting people presents, and cider, and the routine of putting up the tree, but it wasn’t a big thing for me.

As I’ve mentioned before, my father died on December 11, 2004. As he was dying, I remember asking my mother “are we doomed to become those people who are depressed around the holidays?” The question seemed rhetorical.

And then it was December 2005. I was interning at a cognitive therapy program on decision-making programs and choices for inmates at a jail near my college. And it occurred to me that I had a choice: I could become a person who’s depressed around the holidays (and there’s nothing wrong with that) or I could accept Christmas and December as a microcosm of life as a whole.

Sure, the first weeks of December are filled with “today x years I learned death was imminent” and I’m bratty and cranky and sad (see also, why I’m off to The Happiest Place on Earth in December). Then Christmas comes, and there are stockings to fill and food to cook and kiddos to hug. And at the end of December, I’ve got a solid, loving family that’s willing to try to carry on as we can. And at the end that’s all that matters.

And that, dear reader, is how I became a dang Christmas person.

</needless exposition>

I’m minorly bummed the Samantha Brown and Food Network Christmas at WDW are on after I leave, then I realized I’ll be at WDW-I don’t need any stinking special. (I may DVR them, though)

In picking up stuff for my DIS ornament exchange and SR Christmas exchange people yesterday, I realized there’s some long exposition I forgot to inflict on the internets.

See, I didn’t used to be a Christmas person, really. I didn’t actively dislike it (well, those years I worked in retail I did ;)-you ask me, Scrooge worked in retail for many years), but I wasn’t one of “those dang Christmas people.” Oh, I liked getting people presents, and cider, and the routine of putting up the tree, but it wasn’t a big thing for me.

As I’ve mentioned before, my father died on December 11, 2004. As he was dying, I remember asking my mother “are we doomed to become those people who are depressed around the holidays?” The question seemed rhetorical.

And then it was December 2005. I was interning at a cognitive therapy program on decision-making programs and choices for inmates at a jail near my college. And it occurred to me that I had a choice: I could become a person who’s depressed around the holidays (and there’s nothing wrong with that) or I could accept Christmas and December as a microcosm of life as a whole.

Sure, the first weeks of December are filled with “today x years I learned death was imminent” and I’m bratty and cranky and sad (see also, why I’m off to The Happiest Place on Earth in December). Then Christmas comes, and there are stockings to fill and food to cook and kiddos to hug. And at the end of December, I’ve got a solid, loving family that’s willing to try to carry on as we can. And at the end that’s all that matters.

And that, dear reader, is how I became a dang Christmas person.

</needless exposition>

I’m minorly bummed the Samantha Brown and Food Network Christmas at WDW are on after I leave, then I realized I’ll be at WDW-I don’t need any stinking special. (I may DVR them, though)

Not needless at all. It just helps us all know you a bit better.

:hug: :hug:

May I just say that, on behalf of myself and the other members of the Dang Christmas People Society, that we accept your application and welcome you into our Society with tidings of great comfort and joy.

God rest ye, Merry Gentlewoman!

Kathy

May I just say that, on behalf of myself and the other members of the Dang Christmas People Society, that we accept your application and welcome you into our Society with tidings of great comfort and joy.

God rest ye, Merry Gentlewoman!

Kathy

Why thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter