The WOnDeRs - THE RESULTS ARE IN - W/C 21st April

Here is my weekly weigh in. Another 1.8 lbs. lost. I am at a total of 7.8 after 2 weeks. 1.8 is a realistic weekly number, but don't we all wish we could lose 6 lbs. every week? :)

Kim

A little late, but would like to join all of you! I restarted WW two weeks ago, and began the couch to 5K running program at the same time (I have never been a runner- but am liking it so far!)
I lost 3# last week- Yea!

My favorite tips and tricks that keep me going:

Breakfast I have activa light- vanilla put it in a bowl and pour 1/2 cup of fiber one honey clusters cereal on top- very good and just one point, as the fiber one is 0!

for lunch my fav is 2 light wheat english muffins (and can some one tell me why these are 1pt each but when you have two ww online says they are 3.5 pts together???:mad: ) I toast them to crisp them up, then top each half with salsa, a little bit of 2% cheddar and pop them under the broiler- they are Yummy!

My fav little treat are the hostess 100cal packs of chocolate cupcakes- just one point and completely satisfying!

enough for now- have to try the fancy fish- sounds great!

Sandy, welcome and good work. Jackie starts a new thread every Monday morning for us to post our weekly results. I had heard about the C25K program. How does it work? I do go to a gym most every work day and work with weight machines and do variety of cardio machines. I'm not sure I should even be running at my current weight. My knees aren't as young as they used to be. Neither is the rest of me. I am trying to keep the cardio low impact.

Kim

Welcome Sandy and Sarah :thumbsup2

How is everone going today - weekends are my downfall,trying so hard to be good but sometimes a girl just needs chocolate ;) Have resisted so far so hopefully I wont cross to the dark side :)

I think I need to stay away from the scale. Still no pop and working out every day, but nothing lower on the scale. Maybe next week :(

Hi, Sandy & Chirugeon, just wanted to pop in and say I completed C25K two years ago and it pretty much changed my life. I became a "runner" (albeit the slowest one out there). When I started I couldn't go for more than 60 seconds without needing to walk. About 10 months later I finished (slowly) a half marathon. Fell out of running a bit in the last few months due to, well, life, but I am pretty much starting out again.

Here is the link if anyone wants to check it out.

So my point--you will love C25K, you will be so proud of what you can accomplish that you never knew! :thumbsup2

Sandy, welcome and good work. Jackie starts a new thread every Monday morning for us to post our weekly results. I had heard about the C25K program. How does it work? I do go to a gym most every work day and work with weight machines and do variety of cardio machines. I'm not sure I should even be running at my current weight. My knees aren't as young as they used to be. Neither is the rest of me. I am trying to keep the cardio low impact.

Kim

Hi Kim- I am loving the C25K program, it is a walk/run program to get you used to running, the first week is just 60 sec running to 90 sec walking- 10 repititions and it builds from there each week. I also downloaded podcasts created by a man who followed the program, and I think this really helps. He has music, but lets you know when to walk and run and gives some encouragement along the way:cheer2: I am all about the encouragement :goodvibes
Anyway, thanks for the welcome! Looks like I lost another 2 lbs this week- hooray :yay:

Hi Kim- I am loving the C25K program, it is a walk/run program to get you used to running, the first week is just 60 sec running to 90 sec walking- 10 repititions and it builds from there each week. I also downloaded podcasts created by a man who followed the program, and I think this really helps. He has music, but lets you know when to walk and run and gives some encouragement along the way:cheer2: I am all about the encouragement :goodvibes
Anyway, thanks for the welcome! Looks like I lost another 2 lbs this week- hooray :yay:

I am going to try the c25k program. What podcasts do you listen to?

Thanks for the podcast tip:worship: I've been following the C25K since March (I've been trying to do 3 miles 5 days a week so i follow the program for the first 30 mins and walk the rest) and I use the Nike + with my nano, but I hate having to constantly check to see where I'm at. I'm only on week 5 (I'm a SLOW runner) so this is perfect for me... I love the C25K program.. and it's really so easy that anybody can do it.... I can't believe that by this time next week I'll be running 20 minutes straight :banana: and the best part about that... I'll be running in Disney World LOL (I always thought the people that get up and run when they are on vacation are crazy:rolleyes1 now i'm planning on doing exactly that during our trip :rotfl2: ).. I'm trying to gear up for the 5k run in Jan at The World.. but I need to find some races around here that are sooner for me to run in. Good luck everyone with the C25k program.. it really is the best.

http://www.ullreys.com/robert/Podcasts/
Here is the link to the podcast for the C25K program- off in a few minutes to go running, as the rain has stopped- a very dreary cold day in upstate NY YUK How I wish I were in WDW right now!

Thanks. I haven't been on a treadmill in probably 4 years. I starts this morning, and it was the fastest 20 minutes of my life with the intervals. However, by the end it was kicking my butt. Why? Because my backside tends to be on the large size. I'm thinking of getting it a sport's bra or something.

I got on the scale this morning, and I have FINALLY lost something. It's not much, but at least I'm losing. I've lost 1.1 pounds.

I forgot to post on Friday after my weigh in. I lost 3 lbs this week :-) I'm right at 200 knocking on the door of being under finally!! Hopefully this week goes well. I went to see Ironman on Friday and ate a lot of popcorn!! whoops.

Can I join you guys? Had a sick/busy winter, lost my mom in February (breast cancer:mad:), kind of fell of the physical fitness wagon. Before last winter I had beein doing probably 10-15 miles/week. Need a kick in the pants, because, well, the pants are getting a little tight on me :scared1:

My 6 yo son & I jogged today 1.67 miles (I used to do 3 no problem), I also got out last week and jogged probably a mile. I am back to the beginning, running 60 seconds, walking 30. Before Christmas, I had been running 10 minutes, walking 1 minute, I want to get back there.

Best of luck to all of you in your fitness/WL goals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter