• yes

• yes, many times

• no

• I would like to

• I have only seen clips

Results are only viewable after voting.

Charlotte ~08

Mouseketeer
Have you ever watched the entire movie? Its one of my favourites, a classic, I love it.

I'll always remember my nephew being scared witless at the flying monkeys when it was on one Christmas Day many years ago.

wizard-of-oz-DVDcover.jpg

Love The Wizard of Oz, but I was also terrified of those monkeys when I was younger!!

Now when I watch it, Dorothy really annoys me. But I still love it :)

Well, considering that my youngest DD, 12 now, used to watch "Izzie in the Oz" over and over to the point that she wore out the VHS tape (we own the DVD now), I guess that qualifies as yes. I remember as a kid looking forward to when it came on network tv, usually only once a year. I also remember being confused when it started out in sepia, thinking I had imagined it being in color, lol. I still adore it, even have a ton of WoO CHristmas ornaments. We saw through Wizard of Oz on Ice twice, once rink side, that was great. I also remember having a cassette of the soundtrack that DD used to make me play repeatedly in the car.

I've seen it too many times to count. Now for 2 more good questions?

How many of you have seen it in a theater? I have twice.

How many of you have seen Return to Oz? I own it. :)

My dd4 watches this movie at least 5 times aweek. It used to be at least 2 times a day.She loves it! I used to love it now I'm tired of it.

I was forced to wach it every year as a child. I never liked it was because I remember hiding behind furniture whenever that wicked witch and/or her flying monkeys came on. As an adult I have no desire to watch it.

my husband,will put this on,whenever it comes on sky.
it certainly reminds me of christmas,when i was a child,as it was only ever on,over christmas.that & chitty chitty bang bang:)
tracy

This was my son's favorite movie when he was little. I have watched it more times than I can count.

I remember the first time I watched it on television at least 40 years ago. I watched it alone with my mom one night and when the wicked witch came on I was so scared that I went upstairs and crawled in bed with my dad. I don't think I watched it again until about 30 years later!

I watched it today....all the wee ones in our family have loved it and now its my nieces turn.She was over today and we watched it.

Ive also been the lion in a school play....

I watched this movie so many times (pretty much everyday from ages 4-7) as a kid that my parents could have tried out for any of the roles... God bless 'em!

LOVE IT.
I used to be afraid of the MGM lion at the beginning- before the movie even started!:lmao:

We did the main characters in a program in High School..... We did Toy Shop each year at xmas.. It was fun.

I've seen all of it, and never understood why someone wouldn't.
But, that's just me.

Yep, many times.

I can't stand it now, especially after becoming a major fan of Wicked :p

We have seen it many times. Three weeks ago we saw the movie accompanied by a live orchestra in Fort Worth at the Bass Theater. Wonderful!

penny

Too many times. Especially because I DO. NOT. LIKE. IT.

Sorry, but I have serious Munchkin issues. I saw this documentary once, and all of the Munchkin actors were doing not-so-family-friendly things behind the cardboard tornado. And then the makeup got in the Tin Man's lungs and almost killed him, so they had to get another actor.

I wrote a speech about it for school.

And then today, I had to do a project on it and how it relates to the Populist Movement (hint: they both happened in Kansas). So, I'm in Oz-induced distress.

Wow. I have issues.

We used to go to my uncle's every year when we were kids, to watch Wizard of Oz. They had a color television!
Now I watch parts of it when I know it's on tv, but it's not such an 'event' - I guess because it's on so frequently, and because I'm sure parts of it are cut to allow for more commercial time.

rwrocksme said:
Sorry, but I have serious Munchkin issues. I saw this documentary once, and all of the Munchkin actors were doing not-so-family-friendly things behind the cardboard tornado. And then the makeup got in the Tin Man's lungs and almost killed him, so they had to get another actor.
That so-called documentary is wrong about the original Tin Man actor, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was wrong about the Munchkin/actors' behavior as well.

Buddy Ebsen - the original Tin Man - had an allergic reaction to the aluminum paint used on his skin and could not continue in the role, so was replaced. Nothing to do with his lungs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter