The Wilderness Lodge FAQ (Part 6) Simbas and Tiggers and Humphreys OH MY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the WL have comfortable chairs in the room? My sister is having shoulder problems and can't lay down for long. Do you think they could maybe let us borrow out of the hall or something if they don't have one in the room? It's a lot to ask, I know, but I'm really worried she will be up all night for 5 nights.
Samsma

To be truthful the chairs in the room aren't what I would call comfortable, nice desk chairs but not comfy. I went over to AllEars and found these photos so you can see them:

wl183.jpg

wlhm14.jpg

There are nice comfortable chairs in several locations through out the Lodge but I don't believe they could really be relocated to a guest room. :confused3 Plus the room size would also be a factor.
wl65.jpg

I guess you could always ask.

This is a photo of the 4th floor area that also has nice chairs.
wl12.jpg

Now if you book a Deluxe room or a 1-bedroom over at the Villas she would have very nice comfy chairs or couches she could use.

Beckie

OK, I'll post here what I posted in the last one. :)

I made a booking in a deluxe (junior) suite about a month ago, and I still haven't heard from customer support (from the concierge. Is this normal? I know they have my correct email. Does anyone have the email so I write to them?

Thanks? ;)

I made a booking in a deluxe (junior) suite about a month ago, and I still haven't heard from customer support (from the concierge. Is this normal? I know they have my correct email. Does anyone have the email so I write to them?

Thanks? ;)

This is the address from an e-mail I got from the wilderness lodge planning office regarding an upcoming stay on the concierge level Wilderness.Lodge.Itinerary.Planning@disneyworld.co

Just so you know they did not contact me first: I had called regarding booking something and they e-mailed me back with all the info that it was booked.

Good Luck

Beckie,

Thanks for starting up this new thread and doing everything you do to keep it going. I can't believe I have been lurking and posting here for 5 years.

We'll, we were lucky enough to receive a 40% off code in the mail the other day. It was enough to make me book 8 nights at the end of August. The rate is $178 including tax for a woods view bunk bed room. I think rack rate including tax would be around $290 per night. We weren't planning on a return home trip this year, but I think it's a deal we can't pass up.

Now the obsessive planning begins... :goodvibes

Tardin

I made a booking in a deluxe (junior) suite about a month ago, and I still haven't heard from customer support (from the concierge. Is this normal? I know they have my correct email. Does anyone have the email so I write to them?[/color][/size][/font]

Propofol

I did answer you question yesterday...It was the first post I answered on this new thread.

Beckie
:wave:

Propofol

When I have booked Club Level I did received an E-Mail from the IPO Staff shorty after I book concierge. I believe they wait if your trip is way over 180 days out. (mine never have been)

Even though Disney may have your correct E-Mail your ISP may be blocking the mail from your server as junk mail.

This is the information I have:
Wilderness Lodge Itinerary Planning Office
407-824-2466 phone
407-824-3162 fax

wdw.wlodge.itinerary.planning.@disney.com

Hope this helps.
Beckie

Updated new information:
The 200 day mark is the latest date you should wait to hear from the Planning Office. If you haven't received a call by then you need to be sure you contact the IPO asap.

Pkondz, Glennsgirl762, Grannyminnie, Cindy's Mom, Along4theRide, 2moms, ROBIN4NY and Tardin

You are all very nice, but remember all the other great Wilderness Lodge Vets that have helped gather the information. I just started the new thread we all have to work to keep it going.

As with the last few threads I always keep the information on my first post updated through the year/years, so if anyone receives any new info just let me know and I'll either add it to the first page or correct old information we have posted.

Tardin

That's a great rate for the Lodge, you know we will expect photo's.

You and I started posting about the same time here on the Wilderness Lodge thread, 5 years ago Where has the time gone? :confused3

Everyone have a great trip home,
Beckie

Subbing

Thanks to all the WL Vets who have provided such great info to us! :)

Hi everyone!!

I received the 40% off coupon in the mail at the end of last week and immediately called to book a room for October. This is my first time staying at Wilderness Lodge (I have wanted to for SO long). All that was available was Courtyard View. Are all rooms of this type good or should I be requesting/avoiding certain areas?

Thank you for all the information. The explanation of room location was excellent. However, since I have never been to the WL I can't for the life of me decide which room location to request. Okay, to be honest I can't even follow all the descriptions! I know this can be subjective, but does anyone have a preference? We are booked in a Deluxe Room.

When booking I told WDTC the only deluxe resort I would not stay in was the WL. We live on a farm in Oregon and visit DL a few times a year. We stay at the Grand Californian when we go to Anaheim. It was way too similiar to the GCH for my taste. The reservationist thought that was a shame since it's his favorite resort and he could get our family of 6 into a room for much less money than a full suite. Suddenly, I felt a growing appreciation for the WL. My husband is thrilled. It is exactly where he wanted to stay!! I have to admit I am excited as well!

This is my first time staying at Wilderness Lodge (I have wanted to for SO long). All that was available was Courtyard View. Are all rooms of this type good or should I be requesting/avoiding certain areas?

TBuss
All Courtyard Views aren't the same...to receive the view most guest want when paying for a Courtyard View you need to add Inner Courtyard View to your reservation. There are Courtyard View rooms that actually have a view of the Villas and the small Hidden Springs Pool.

If you want the view of Silver Creek Springs Pool, Silver Creek, the waterfall, the geyser and Bay Lake, besure to add this to your request.

While I prefer the Courtyard rooms that are off the main Lobby, many enjoy the North Wing for a great view of the Electrical Water Pageant out on Bay Lake. While the views of the pool are better from the South Wings. :confused3 I am posting a map from page 1 of the room locations so you can decide what you may prefer. Just click on the link below.

Beckie

Wilderness Lodge Room #'s and Locations

The explanation of room location was excellent. However, since I have never been to the WL I can't for the life of me decide which room location to request. Okay, to be honest I can't even follow all the descriptions! I know this can be subjective, but does anyone have a preference? We are booked in a Deluxe Room.
Agent
WELCOME, I hope you enjoy your first visit to the Lodge.

I think if you reread the post about the Deluxe Rooms while following along with the room location map it will make more since, open two screens on your CP and view at the same time. (Hope it helps) You will see that most of the Deluxe Rooms are located at the very end of the North or South Wings near Bay Lake.

Wilderness Lodge Room #'s and Locations

As for preference I have stayed in the Deluxe Rooms several times and I love the views of Bay Lake from the South Wing at the very end of the hallway, it has an excellent view of the Electrical Water Pageant. BUT as the Deluxe Rooms are now Club Level access I would prefer a room closer to the elevators so you can be on the 7th floor in a second. The Deluxe Rooms # 2123, 3123, 4123, 5123 & 6123 are located right around the corner from the mid-way elevators making a quick trip to Club Level possible. They also have a Courtyard View that is very nice. Of these rooms I would request either 5123 or 6123.

Beckie

MAGICinMYHEART-

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Not only for some specific room numbers, but for a nice guide to computer use without being condescending. I truthfully never thought about opening 2 screens!

I am excited about the WL, but a little apprehensive since we are so familiar with DL. I feel like I'm traveling to a foreign country. I read posts and have to stop to assimilate all the abbreviations. Maybe I will become WDW billingual. Thank you again!

Agent

OH, I just had a flash back to my first trip to DL, I know WDW like the back of my hand but standing in Disneyland was like being in a foreign country.

The one thing you will love about the Magic Kingdom and the other WDW Parks is how wide the walkways are.

Beckie

Wow, I just paid for a Courtyard View. I'm glad I know this info going in, I'll be sure to call ahead with my request.

Tardin

You and I started posting about the same time here on the Wilderness Lodge thread, 5 years ago Where has the time gone? :confused3

Beckie

lol... I wish I knew... all I know is it's going by faster and faster....

My two previous trips we stayed in a wood view room overlooking the otter pond. I like the northwing upper floors becasue it's quite.

However, I may want to request a room off the lobby this trip. I don't think I've enjoyed the lobby as much as I could have since it was a bit of a walk back there from our room. Especially since my girls will be 10 and 12 yrs old this trip... I may need to be able to make a quick excape in the morning when the two of them and my wife are getting ready.:scared1:

Since I have a woods view bunk bed room booked, I'm not sure how many options there will be off the lobby and what the view is like.

Anyone have any experience with woods view rooms off the lobby???

Thanks!

lol... I wish I knew... all I know is it's going by faster and faster....
My two previous trips we stayed in a wood view room overlooking the otter pond. I like the northwing upper floors becasue it's quite.

However, I may want to request a room off the lobby this trip. I don't think I've enjoyed the lobby as much as I could have since it was a bit of a walk back there from our room. Especially since my girls will be 10 and 12 yrs old this trip... I may need to be able to make a quick excape in the morning when the two of them and my wife are getting ready.:scared1:

Since I have a woods view bunk bed room booked, I'm not sure how many options there will be off the lobby and what the view is like.

Anyone have any experience with woods view rooms off the lobby???

Tardin
I am writing a new post that will cover all the request for room views and where to request. I will add it to one of the post on the first page when completed but it may take a few days...

As you enjoy the North View what about requesting one of the Woods View rooms located over WCC on floors 4th, 5th or 6th floor, there will be some landscaping below but you may still be able to see some of the fireworks.

Beckie

Tardin
I am writing a new post that will cover all the request for room views and where to request. I will add it to one of the post on the first page when completed but it may take a few days...

As you enjoy the North View what about requesting one of the Woods View rooms located over WCC on floors 4th, 5th or 6th floor, there will be some landscaping below but you may still be able to see some of the fireworks.

Beckie

Thanks Beckie, I think that's what we are going to request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter