The What's for Dinner Thread - August 2014 (recipe index in OP)

Kind of. My DS and DDIL are in the foster to adopt program and about 3 or 4 hours after they were licensed they got a call to pick up a set of three day old twins at the hospital. Crazy ,right? They are exhausted! They were not prepared, and so they scrambled to get what they needed, and since they were really premature, my sister brought in her friend who is a NICU nurse to go over what hey had and be sure that the babies were cared for properly given their development. SO far my very brilliant son and DDIL have refused to let these children out of their sight for two minutes, that means they are taking turns watching them all night. UGH! No wonder they are so tired. Anyway, Mom is fighting the removal of the children and has requested a trial after having had 2 judges refuse to reverse DCF involvement. She has 6, and has custody of none. It is so sad really, and Donny and Anna have fallen in love with the children, as have we all. I have no idea how it will turn out for everyone, but I do know that their home is a good one for these two beautiful babies. Buddy is worried about our hearts, and I get that, but I had to tell him to guard his in any way he felt necessary, and I would take my chances with my own. Too late really, these two have it in their little hands.
How wonderful!
and exciting and the good kind of exhausted.

How wonderful!
and exciting and the good kind of exhausted.

YEs indeed.

The little boy has been in the hospital since Monday when Donny gave up on the pediatrician Mom picked and brought him to Children's. Thank God! Hopefully he can come home today,

I made my own version of Lo Mein and brought some over to them. Anna did nto have it but DOnny liked it.

I also made a stuffed eggplant that was really good, Donny ate it.

I hollowed out eggplant, diced the flesh. I cooked some sort of pretty reddish pepper in oil, added the eggplant an some salted water and cooked until softened, and then used my go to pizza meatloaf method: ground meat (I used ground beef this time, but you can use ground turkey, chicken or pork) packaged onion soup mix, spaghetti sauce and rolled oats, along with teh eggplant mixture. Put it back in the hollowed eggplant boats adn bake untill cooked through. After a while the eggplant releases juice so I added tomato soup to "glaze" the tops of the boats and basted with the pan juice Delicious!

YEs indeed.

The little boy has been in the hospital since Monday when Donny gave up on the pediatrician Mom picked and brought him to Children's. Thank God! Hopefully he can come home today,

I made my own version of Lo Mein and brought some over to them. Anna did nto have it but DOnny liked it.

I also made a stuffed eggplant that was really good, Donny ate it.

I hollowed out eggplant, diced the flesh. I cooked some sort of pretty reddish pepper in oil, added the eggplant an some salted water and cooked until softened, and then used my go to pizza meatloaf method: ground meat (I used ground beef this time, but you can use ground turkey, chicken or pork) packaged onion soup mix, spaghetti sauce and rolled oats, along with teh eggplant mixture. Put it back in the hollowed eggplant boats adn bake untill cooked through. After a while the eggplant releases juice so I added tomato soup to "glaze" the tops of the boats and basted with the pan juice Delicious!
I have cucumber and onion salad last night for dinner... lol,

So the little one is home! YAY!!!!

Saturday night we went to Cheesecake Factory, Kady's choice for dinner before going to college. It was really good! Sunday was simple, sandwiches made with garden fresh tomatoes, and ham. I made a custard in the instant pot and will bring it to Nola tonight. SO far the leche flan is her favorite, and Two Sleevers creme caramel was not a hit. WE will see about his one.

PSA: if you do not feel well, wine will not make you feel better.

Want to share the custard recipe?

When you said the little is home, I thought at first you were talking about my son... lol he is not little anymore. Then I remembered you were talking about the little one in the hospital. So glad he is home.

Not dinner but I threw a brisket in instant pot with bay leaves, crushed garlic, and S&P. Cooked it 45 minutes, NR for 15 more. Then I sauteed a mirepoix, added to Brisket with beef stock, onion powder, garlic powder, and brought to high pressure for 10 minutes, QR, then added egg noodles brought to pressure for 0 minutes, QR. David has soup for the week for lunch. He says it is awesome.

Have a great day everyone.

Not dinner but I threw a brisket in instant pot with bay leaves, crushed garlic, and S&P. Cooked it 45 minutes, NR for 15 more. Then I sauteed a mirepoix, added to Brisket with beef stock, onion powder, garlic powder, and brought to high pressure for 10 minutes, QR, then added egg noodles brought to pressure for 0 minutes, QR. David has soup for the week for lunch. He says it is awesome.

Have a great day everyone.
Sounds yummy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter