The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

We just checked in as guests of an owner. The guy at the sales desk were we get the bands told us that unless we go to the sales pitch we cannot use any of the amenities, is this true or a just a hard sale tactic.

We just checked in as guests of an owner. The guy at the sales desk were we get the bands told us that unless we go to the sales pitch we cannot use any of the amenities, is this true or a just a hard sale tactic.

Sales tactic. We didn’t go to the sales pitch and used all the amenities just fine.

Yep, as above. Forget him - as usual, and as many say, if a timeshare salesman’s lips are moving, he’s lying.

I also just checked in and managed to completely avoid the wristband. The lady who was checking me in asked if I knew about wristbands, I told her yes then she reminded me I needed to go see about my wristbands after we were done... I paused to look at something, put my papers/keys away in my bag, and high-tailed it out of there. :rolleyes1 Nothing to see here folks...

I also just checked in and managed to completely avoid the wristband. The lady who was checking me in asked if I knew about wristbands, I told her yes then she reminded me I needed to go see about my wristbands after we were done... I paused to look at something, put my papers/keys away in my bag, and high-tailed it out of there. :rolleyes1 Nothing to see here folks...
You might want to unplug the phone in your room, unless you can stand to hear it ringing and not answer. They'll probably try to call you.

We checked out today, rented from Ken Price. Wow! We are on site snobs, but I wouldn't hesitate to go back to Bonnet Creek! We loved it!!! Watching the Epcot fireworks from our balcony, and the MK ones too! Everything was beautiful, and so convenient! LOVED IT! So thankful for this thread, as it made it easy to convince us to give it a try!

Heading down December 13 for 5 nights. First-stay as an owner. Just wondering which tower to request for awesome view in 2 bedroom Deluxe? Any lakeAND firework Views? And if not which is betterfireworkor Lake? Thank you in advance!

Building 5 has some fireworks views, but lake is more common, because all of them have those. I'm not sure if any of the lake views can also see over/between the buildings beyond. Honestly, either would be fine, and we've even had stays that don't face either, and those were still lovely.

Bonnet has gone back and forth about whether or not they even take requests unless you are VIP Gold and above, in which case you can request a specific villa when you book. (I've read that sometimes even those are not honored, but I am not VIPG+, so I have no direct experience.)

Heading down December 13 for 5 nights. First-stay as an owner. Just wondering which tower to request for awesome view in 2 bedroom Deluxe? Any lakeAND firework Views? And if not which is betterfireworkor Lake? Thank you in advance!
Tower 3 has Epcot and lake views.

If you want a specific view, check in as early as possible and tell them you are willing to wait for a room to be cleaned. It is basically first come, first served.

Any recommendations for places to stay since WBC is blacked out for the summer? Man, I'm super bummed about it. We're thinking about going cruising instead but taking one more look at it before we book a cruise. Thanks for any and all recommendations.
The guy I rent from normally can do Cypress Palms too, looks pretty nice, but no Bonnet Creek.

Bonnet Creek can still be rented out during blackout times, but owners can only do it twice a year,

So while the market won't be as robust as in the past, there will be still some opportunities out there.

The guy I rent from normally can do Cypress Palms too, looks pretty nice, but no Bonnet Creek.
Reunion is another option. I think it is only blocked out during Thanksgiving and Christmas/New Year in 2022. It is further out and not as convenient and they only have three bedroom units, but the overall Reunion resort has a ton of amenities.

Last edited:
Reunion is another option. I think it is only blocked out during Thanksgiving and Christmas/New Year in 2022. It is further out and not as convenient and they only have three bedroom units, but the overall Reunion resort has a ton of amenities.
There is also Star Island, which is right next to Cypress Palms, which is also Wyndham. I don't believe it is on the blackout list.

Bonnet Creek can still be rented out during blackout times, but owners can only do it twice a year,

So while the market won't be as robust as in the past, there will be still some opportunities out there.
Yeah, the problem is finding an owner like that. I have a friend I normally rent from, but he has all his points tied up on a family ski trip this year :(. (How dare he use his points, instead of letting me! ;)).

@dioxide45 is right: Reunion is only restricted for Thanksgiving and Christmas for '21 and '22, so far. Cypress Palms is blocked out on those plus the long President's Weekend. Neither Star Island nor Orlando International are on the list.

You can track it here: https://clubwyndham.wyndhamdestinat...rces/reservations/owner-priority-reservations

You don't need to be logged in to see this, so it should be visible to non-owners.
Kingstown Reef also isn't on the restricted lists for any dates. If you aren't concerned about the resort experience but want to be fairly close to things, it can be a good option and the Wyndham units there are only a little over a year old.

Kingstown is being removed from Club Wyndham in the middle of next year, but I'm sure you could find WorldMark owners who would be willing to rent to you.

A Future Club Pass-Only Resort

Effective May 1, 2022, this resort will become a WorldMark resort and will only be available to book through Wyndham Club Pass. Starting Nov. 29, 2021, all exchange fees will be waived for new Wyndham Club Pass reservations at WorldMark Orlando - Kingstown Reef for travel dates between May 1, 2022 through Dec. 31, 2023.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter