The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

1, 2 and 3 bedroom units and 4-bedroom presidential units are located in all the towers.

1, 2 and 3 bedroom presidential units are only in the upper floors of Tower 6.

I don't understand what being on the third floor or lower has to do with having young grandchildren. Are they afraid of heights?

If concerned about safety, all the units have proper guardrails on the balconies and locking patio doors.

Most people at WBC want high-up fireworks views, so requesting a lower unit might be granted. Unlike when you visited a couple years ago, the resort will likely be at 100% capacity.

Have a great time!
Thanks. Yep some are afraid of heights.

an owner who has VIP status, we get a discount on things at Bonnet Creek
We do? I’ve never heard this! (Except of course the 60-day booking discount but that doesn’t sound like what you mean.) Do you have a link to the list?

We do? I’ve never heard this! (Except of course the 60-day booking discount but that doesn’t sound like what you mean.) Do you have a link to the list?
I know when we visit Marriott & Vistana resorts as owners, they give us bands that gives us a discount on food and beverage. We don't even have to be VIP. Food & beverage is so overpriced that 10% discount doesn't cut into their bottom line all that much.

Yes as dioxide said. I thought it was VIP, but I could very well be wrong about that part.

I am not a Wyndham owner but if you show them your wristband, they do give you a food discount. However, it's basically an offset because they are also still charging a Covid fee. So the 10% off and the 10% Covid fee Zero each other out.

If you are an owner who has VIP status, we get a discount on things at Bonnet Creek like how DVC gives members a discount. We scan the band to get that discount, so I wouldn't want to lose the discount.
Ah, ok. Resale owners do not get a discount though? We just bought resale but haven’t stayed there as owners yet.

Bonnet Creek does, but I may be wrong about the VIP. They tell you anything to buy more points. I have definitely gotten my 10% off.

PS the wristbands, while useful (they’ll open your room door & the pool gates and qualify you for discounts), have taken the place of parking passes for the purpose of giving Wyndham the chance to solicit you for a sales presentation. Be prepared for that.
This isn't a new thing. It was talked about in this thread in 2021.

We don't own Wyndham and stayed on a owner (ahem, rental) reservation. We received a discount at Escudos Bar & Grill. But we didn't receive a discount at the restaurant associated with the hotel. Here is what it looked like on our receipt;
1676655885805.png

We are here now. They leave 2 packets of laundry detergent. There are tiny Paul Mitchel hair products (one use) and tiny soaps. We brought pods, dryer sheets, a container of pump soap and our own shower products and hair care products. Exactly why we got an Owner's Locker (got an AP discount) for our DVC/WBC stays.

They are really thrifty with products here, though I don't use those brands so don't care.

I'd go to $ store and get the 3 or 4 packs of travel bottles, bring a zip bag of pods and dryer sheets and bar soap and toss when you leave - room for a new pair of ears LOL!
Did they provide coffee or coffee filters?

What do the wrist bands look like and can you take them on and off?
I have never taken a picture of them. If you google Wyndham Bonnet Creek wristband, pictures will come up. They come in adult and kid sizes. My daughter 20 years old and still wears the kids size. You can charge on them like magic bands. and the funds come off your deposit.

Wondering about requesting a location. We booked through Ken at Vacation Upgrades. Can we request when we check in or do you need to request sooner?

If possible, I'm thinking about requesting tower 4 or 5 for proximity to the parking garage, unless there are other recommendations?

Oh yes, I do have clothespins packed for this reason! Good call!

Side question - does anyone know if the two double beds in the 2BR Deluxe Units can be pushed together? Or are they fixed to the floor? TIA!!
We ended up getting carryout from Flippers - great suggestion!
Where is flippers located? How far from resort?
I’m thinking a good option for lunch on our arrival day.

There is no kid free pool or building; we have stayed in tower 4 many times with all the kiddos in tow and 4 is one of the larger buildings so its busy all the time. No one discourages you from being anywhere at WBC with kids, it’s a family atmosphere but I can’t imagine couples feeling uncomfortable or overwhelmed. There’s too many places to choose to hang out to get bored. Towers 6 and 2/3 have slides but 6 is bigger. The daily poolside music and activities rotate and aren’t focused to one location. After many years we realized we prefer #1 or 2. It just seems quieter and not as busy as they’re smaller. Honestly we don’t have a view preference as any tower has a great view and Disney isn’t doing fireworks now anyway. Your first trip, go to a different pool each day, don’t like it, move to the next or love one, go back! If there’s activities at one location you prefer-easy choice! But you can always pop in for those whenever you want. Activities are probably scaled back right now. But there’s still ton to do. We also have a brood of boys so we always bring baseballs/gloves, football, spikeball, and they play in the courtyard between tower 1 and the main building. Almost always, other kids come join in and often WBC staff has stopped by for a few tosses too! 😀
I’m leaning toward tower one because we have 2 small children with us, and also 2 young adults, do you remember if they have music at the main pool? Also, are there umbrellas available at that pool?

What’s changed since 2019?
We are from England and not visited since 2019. Eager to come back to our favourite resort now that things back to normal. We visited Orlando 17 times between 2005 and and 2019 with nearly all of them at Bonnet Creek. Our son is eager to come back with us. He is 22 and he was 5 on his first trip. His girlfriend will be coming with us on her first ever Orlando trip. Would love to know what’s different since the pandemic. We miss BC. Thanks so much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter