The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Do they check them at the pools? Hate wearing a wristband all vacation just to swim for a few hours.
Echoing @AnnaKristoff2013 that I've never had a pool check of wristbands, but that said I think the wristbands you're envisioning aren't the same as what Wyndham gives you. They're not the plastic hospital style ones. They're a stretchy fabric wristband with a little plastic slider that is like a baby room key. Easy to take on and off, and much better than the plastic ones that you're stuck in.

Echoing @AnnaKristoff2013 that I've never had a pool check of wristbands, but that said I think the wristbands you're envisioning aren't the same as what Wyndham gives you. They're not the plastic hospital style ones. They're a stretchy fabric wristband with a little plastic slider that is like a baby room key. Easy to take on and off, and much better than the plastic ones that you're stuck in.
Yeah, more akin to magic bands in functionality (but a little more comfortable).

Any recommendations for non - Disney restaurants near Bonnet Creek? We are going with my 17 year old ds who is not too adventurous with food, but he loves fruit.

Checking in from BC now! We are in Tower 5. So far all is great. We never even picked up wristband and no one has asked. Looks like most people we see aren’t wearing them either. Just had drinks and apps at Escudos. Wings were great as well as a couple rum punches and vodka tonics. Just an fyi in case some don’t know….they add a tip of 15% to dine in at Escudos. We added extra but wanted to mention in case someone didn’t know.

Also…WiFi is great for a while then grinds to a halt and goes soooo slow. Frustrating but not a big deal to us.

Checking in from BC now! We are in Tower 5. So far all is great. We never even picked up wristband and no one has asked. Looks like most people we see aren’t wearing them either. Just had drinks and apps at Escudos. Wings were great as well as a couple rum punches and vodka tonics. Just an fyi in case some don’t know….they add a tip of 15% to dine in at Escudos. We added extra but wanted to mention in case someone didn’t know.

Also…WiFi is great for a while then grinds to a halt and goes soooo slow. Frustrating but not a big deal to us.
How did you get into your room without a wristband? They double as entrance gate and door keys.

We never even picked up wristband and no one has asked.

In the interests of sharing my good Timeshare fortune: we checked in to a week at Vidanta's Grand Mayan in NV on Saturday. This is our first visit to Vidanta, which is notorious for its hard-sell trying to get you to a presentation (and the presentation is even worse).

Somehow, we completely missed the "do you want to go on a tour" conversation. I am not sure how that happened; it’s definitely not clean living!

How did you get into your room without a wristband? They double as entrance gate and door keys.
They gave us a regular key card. Also noticing that a lot of people are not wearing the wristbands at the pool. All the pool gates are unlocked, but you do need key card to enter the buildings from the outside.

Interesting. I thought they got rid of key cards years ago. They used to use those before the wrist bands were a thing.

We get card keys at check-in everytime. Then you wander over to the selling folks and are given the wristbands. I used to always stop at the sell desk but recently skip it altogether. I find check in at WBC to be painful, slow, and a huge drag to a start of a vaca and do not want to prolong it. I SO wish they had online check-in like Disney.

We have never worn the bands or carried them with us. The card opens the gate, doors, and pool just fine.

In the interests of sharing my good Timeshare fortune: we checked in to a week at Vidanta's Grand Mayan in NV on Saturday. This is our first visit to Vidanta, which is notorious for its hard-sell trying to get you to a presentation (and the presentation is even worse).

Somehow, we completely missed the "do you want to go on a tour" conversation. I am not sure how that happened; it’s definitely not clean living!
Which points system/exchange system/whatever did you use to book Vidanta?

(I stayed at a Vidanta resort a year ago, and had no problems with timeshare sales people, either!)

Last edited:
We are Wyndham owners and have 2 one bedrooms booked for March spring break at Bonnet Creek. I don’t have a building preference but I want to be third floor or lower because of young grandchildren traveling with us. Are one bedrooms only in certain buildings? When we stayed at Bonnet 2 years ago we were upgraded from a one bedroom to a two bedroom at checkin.

Do they have cribs and/or bed rails!
We will be traveling with a 1 and 2 year old
Kingdom Strollers and probably the other stroller companies have other items besides strollers. Maybe check with them and see what they have. PS: unless you're driving, I recommend renting strollers over bringing them on the plane with you.

We are Wyndham owners and have 2 one bedrooms booked for March spring break at Bonnet Creek. I don’t have a building preference but I want to be third floor or lower because of young grandchildren traveling with us. Are one bedrooms only in certain buildings? When we stayed at Bonnet 2 years ago we were upgraded from a one bedroom to a two bedroom at checkin.
1, 2 and 3 bedroom units and 4-bedroom presidential units are located in all the towers.

1, 2 and 3 bedroom presidential units are only in the upper floors of Tower 6.

I don't understand what being on the third floor or lower has to do with having young grandchildren. Are they afraid of heights?

If concerned about safety, all the units have proper guardrails on the balconies and locking patio doors.

Most people at WBC want high-up fireworks views, so requesting a lower unit might be granted. Unlike when you visited a couple years ago, the resort will likely be at 100% capacity.

Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter