The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

We've stayed here a few times over the years and I always have issues with their outlets! Usually my charging cord just acts funny when plugged into them. And I've noticed it at other Wyndham resorts too. It's so weird.
Good to know it is not just me. You use your phone for so much now so not having it charge overnight was not good!
We are at BLT now and have no issues with charging. every cord news works.

We booked Wyndam Bonnet Creek for this Thanksgiving. through VRBO back in February. We were just notified by the owner today, our reservation was canceled because WBC is no longer accepting owner transfers to third party. This seemed odd so I checked WRBO and noticed their are still over 50 units available for that week between $799-999 a night. We paid $1300 for 6 nights back in February. It seems that rates have gone up and the owner wants to take advantage of that fact. i called bonnet creek they hung up on me twice. LOL Our only option now is report this management company to VRBO but it puts us in a bind and may have to cancel the trip. Has anyone else heard of this policy or experiance a simular sinario? Quite honestly I doubt i will use a third party rental ever again.
Yes, as @dioxide45 said, this is true. Wyndham implemented a restriction on guest certificates for popular times like Thanksgiving to allow other owners to book those dates for themselves. It’s caused some problems because it doesn’t just apply to renters, it applies to owners’ family members too. If the owner’s name isn’t on the reservation, it’s cancelled.

We have used Shipt for grocery delivery at WBCR but prefer to have groceries delivered by Wal-Mart.
Which walmart do you get your groceries delivered from? I think there are two nearby now? Do you have to be waiting in the lobby or do they call you when they arrive or are close to arriving for you to go meet them? I know bell services no longer accept the deliveries. Not sure how this works but would live to try it

Yes, as @dioxide45 said, this is true. Wyndham implemented a restriction on guest certificates for popular times like Thanksgiving to allow other owners to book those dates for themselves. It’s caused some problems because it doesn’t just apply to renters, it applies to owners’ family members too. If the owner’s name isn’t on the reservation, it’s cancelled.

Would this effect reservations through Vacation Strategy? We are booked for the end of September and haven't heard anything from Vacation Strategy.

Hi all- first time poster. I'm hopefully taking my sister to DW in October and are staying at Bonnet Creek, but I'm starting to second guess myself because we would be relying entirely on Uber/Lyft, do you think this is practical?

I haven't driven in 10 years and am in the UK so the idea of driving in the US is too terrifying. I've budgeted for a daily Uber/Lyft expense and am familiar with using them, so I'm mainly just concerned that availability and wait times will mean it's not going to be practical and will create a lot of problems for going to the parks 5/6 days a week. Has anyone else managed a holiday and not hired a car?

Hi all- first time poster. I'm hopefully taking my sister to DW in October and are staying at Bonnet Creek, but I'm starting to second guess myself because we would be relying entirely on Uber/Lyft, do you think this is practical?

I haven't driven in 10 years and am in the UK so the idea of driving in the US is too terrifying. I've budgeted for a daily Uber/Lyft expense and am familiar with using them, so I'm mainly just concerned that availability and wait times will mean it's not going to be practical and will create a lot of problems for going to the parks 5/6 days a week. Has anyone else managed a holiday and not hired a car?
Uber/Lyft should be doable. Just plan for surge pricing at certain peak park opening and closing times. Not sure if that is usually an issue, but could be. Also consider that WBC has a theme park shuttle. The schedules aren't ideal, but it is a decent and fairly cheap alternative. There is a fee.

Here are the WBC dates that are blocked for guest reservations in 2021. If you aren't a Wyndham owner, you're a guest.

Memorial Day (May 28 – June 2)
Independence Day (June 25 – July 9)
Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Year’s Eve (Nov. 19-27 & Dec. 17 – Jan. 2, 2022)

Here are the WBC dates that are blocked for guest reservations in 2021. If you aren't a Wyndham owner, you're a guest.

Memorial Day (May 28 – June 2)
Independence Day (June 25 – July 9)
Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Year’s Eve (Nov. 19-27 & Dec. 17 – Jan. 2, 2022)
Yes, and if even one day of your reservation is included (e.g. check in on the last day blocked), your entire reservation can be canceled.

Wow, was that just posted today? They didn't give people much notice, did they? I feel sorry for the people who just reached deals to rent and hadn't filed the "paperwork" yet. Both owners and renters.
Yes, just posted last night, no warning (same as the initial restriction notice - sent out via email on a Friday evening, only two hours before the deadline to do something about Memorial Day stays). Long discussion about it on TUG, with speculation about workarounds that owners might use for their guests (including renters).

Wow. We had just received our offer and hadn't paid the deposit for September yet. Looks like we're not staying at WBC now...anyone have a recommendation for a property with similar amenities?

Last edited:
Wow. We had just received our offer and hadn't paid the deposit for September yet. Looks like we're not staying at WBC now...anyone have a recommendation for a property with similar amenities?
While it won't come close to Bonnet Creek, you could consider Vistana Resort or even another big hotel brand timeshare like Marriott's Grande Vista or Harbour Lake.

I should add, that it is still possible for the owner to add two guest certificates per year to a reservation in the restricted dates. So it is possible that you could still have the reservation. Who did you rent through?

I should add, that it is still possible for the owner to add two guest certificates per year to a reservation in the restricted dates. So it is possible that you could still have the reservation. Who did you rent through?
We were working with Vacation Upgrades. Thanks for the info, though!

While it won't come close to Bonnet Creek, you could consider Vistana Resort or even another big hotel brand timeshare like Marriott's Grande Vista or Harbour Lake.
I'll definitely look into those. So disappointed about WBC, but maybe we'll find another hidden gem. Thanks!

We have a paid in full reservation at Bonnet Creek through Vacation Strategy for September 23-28. If I am reading the notice correctly, our reservation is going to get canceled?

We have a paid in full reservation at Bonnet Creek through Vacation Strategy for September 23-28. If I am reading the notice correctly, our reservation is going to get canceled?
It looked to me that if you had your name on the reservation prior to June 18th, you were okay. Crossed fingers...sounds like you made it before the cutoff. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter