• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

First time staying (2 nights before we move over to Disney). A couple of hiccups. While we did have early check in, they hadn’t left bedding for the fold out (found out as the kids wanted to go to sleep). And then a few of the power outlets don’t seem to work. I thought my phone had been charging overnight but found out this morning that it hadn’t. Then I started freaking out when the second outlet I tried didn’t work either.
Some of the outlets are controlled by a wall switch. We found this out the hard way as well.
During our last day, the bedding for the sofa bed was in one of the bedroom closets, not the hallway closet like usual.

Thx.

Awww man we really need a 3rd bathroom. Hmm we might get two 2 bdrms.
In the master, there is a sink and tub and then the connected room with the shower and another sink.

The 2-bedroom unit in total has 3 sink and mirror combos. Two showers and two toilets.

I think the 3-bedroom is similar but I think there is another sink/mirror combo, so 4 sink-mirror combos.

I think the 3-bedroom is similar but I think there is another sink/mirror combo, so 4 sink-mirror combos.
This is correct about the 3BR. However, two of the sink and mirror combos are in the master beth. The guest bath has a sink and mirror combo outside the door to the main guest bath where the tub/shower is along with the other sink and mirror combo.

Sorry I don't know about the lazy river pools... Club Wyndham Ocean Blvd in N. Myrtle Beach had the tubes available at both of their lazy rivers last month as well as all of their hot tubs & activities/amenities open. But that's SC. Don't know the status in FL.

The floats are BACK In the Lazy rivers as of 6/11/21 for sure! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
No need to bring your own!

In the master, there is a sink and tub and then the connected room with the shower and another sink.

The 2-bedroom unit in total has 3 sink and mirror combos. Two showers and two toilets.

Two and three-bedroom units are a little bit different based on what building/phase they were built in, it seems. We have had two bedroom units that had The master bathroom and then the second bathroom was one single room with the tub/sink/toilet. We’ve also had two bedroom units where there was a smaller tub/toilet area with a sink and then another sink just outside of that room. And yet another two bedroom configuration where there was a tub and toilet and one room with one single sink in another room outside of that.
We stayed in a three-bedroom this last time and there was a full bathroom with a tub/sink/toilet and then another sink area open to the hallway just outside of that room. It was not a separate room with a door. I did inquire as I would have preferred three full bathrooms and was told three bedroom units do not provide this, and only some provide the added separate sink space like described above.

I'm sure I'm this has already been announced (a long time ago), but the bell service is no longer accepting groceries because "their policy has changed." Thankfully, our Walmart delivery person was extremely helpful and understanding and will hang on to them for a little longer (until we get to the resort). Just giving a heads-up for others who plan to have groceries delivered.

Does Vacation Strategy reach out to you to finalize your reservation details before your arrival date?

I'm sure I'm this has already been announced (a long time ago), but the bell service is no longer accepting groceries because "their policy has changed." Thankfully, our Walmart delivery person was extremely helpful and understanding and will hang on to them for a little longer (until we get to the resort). Just giving a heads-up for others who plan to have groceries delivered.
So, what are the options? Arrange for groceries when you are actually there or you can no longer order any groceries?

So, what are the options? Arrange for groceries when you are actually there or you can no longer order any groceries?
Correct. That's the information that we were given. If you want groceries, you must be present to receive them yourself because belll services will refuse the delivery.
In our case, I thought we would be in Orlando by 8 pm, but we had a delay and arrived closer to 9 pm. Thankfully, our grocery delivery person was amazingly understanding and very helpful; otherwise, I don't know what else we would have done about our order.

Hi everyone! My family of 6 will be staying at WBC 9/8-9/15 in a “2BD accessible Deluxe.” I booked through Airbnb before remembering DISboards is such a wealth of knowledge so I’m pleasantly surprised and happy to find this threads so I can learn more about where we are staying! I’m wondering what is the current recommendation in terms of tower requests? Are there towers with more updated fixtures? Which tower has fireworks view (now that WDW announced return of MK and Epcot fireworks)? Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences!!

We've stayed many times at WBC and just wanted to throw out an endorsement for Vacation Upgrades. We've used both Vacation Upgrades and Vacation Strategies over the years and only had great service from each. But what puts Vacation Upgrades over the top, for us, is that Ken Price will attempt to rebook your stay at 60 days out and can sometimes dramatically lower your costs. For our 10 day trip in August, we got quotes from both and Vacation Upgrades was $200 lower to start so we booked with them. At the 60 day mark, Ken emailed us and let us know he was successful in rebooking our reservation and he saved us another $950! Obviously, it all depends on availability and they can't promise they will be able to rebook the reservation, but they will always try. :-)

First time staying (2 nights before we move over to Disney). A couple of hiccups. While we did have early check in, they hadn’t left bedding for the fold out (found out as the kids wanted to go to sleep). And then a few of the power outlets don’t seem to work. I thought my phone had been charging overnight but found out this morning that it hadn’t. Then I started freaking out when the second outlet I tried didn’t work either.

We've stayed here a few times over the years and I always have issues with their outlets! Usually my charging cord just acts funny when plugged into them. And I've noticed it at other Wyndham resorts too. It's so weird.

We booked Wyndam Bonnet Creek for this Thanksgiving. through VRBO back in February. We were just notified by the owner today, our reservation was canceled because WBC is no longer accepting owner transfers to third party. This seemed odd so I checked WRBO and noticed their are still over 50 units available for that week between $799-999 a night. We paid $1300 for 6 nights back in February. It seems that rates have gone up and the owner wants to take advantage of that fact. i called bonnet creek they hung up on me twice. LOL Our only option now is report this management company to VRBO but it puts us in a bind and may have to cancel the trip. Has anyone else heard of this policy or experiance a simular sinario? Quite honestly I doubt i will use a third party rental ever again.

We booked Wyndam Bonnet Creek for this Thanksgiving. through VRBO back in February. We were just notified by the owner today, our reservation was canceled because WBC is no longer accepting owner transfers to third party. This seemed odd so I checked WRBO and noticed their are still over 50 units available for that week between $799-999 a night. We paid $1300 for 6 nights back in February. It seems that rates have gone up and the owner wants to take advantage of that fact. i called bonnet creek they hung up on me twice. LOL Our only option now is report this management company to VRBO but it puts us in a bind and may have to cancel the trip. Has anyone else heard of this policy or experiance a simular sinario? Quite honestly I doubt i will use a third party rental ever again.
This is correct. There was a recent policy implemented where owners can't add guest names to reservations at certain resorts during certain peak travel dates. This was posted in this thread a while back starting in post #6228.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter