The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

I have really enjoyed reading through this thread! I can't wait to make our second WDW trip official once I book a suite at WBC :) Out of curiosity (and I have already started to gather some quotes of my own for a November 2017 trip from TS, TU, VRBO, etc) what is the best price you personally have been able to secure for an early June trip in a three bedroom deluxe or four bedroom presidential? I wanted to go during value season of this year, but it may not be possible. As we're making a budget, I wanted to see how close people came to the prices listed on VU.

ETA: It would be a June 2018 trip, so I know it's too early to begin getting quotes for these dates

The first week of June is High Season and the rest are Prime Season. That will affect the price. A 3BR Dlx will be around $2,100 and a 4BR Pres will be around $2,900 during Prime season. That's based off $7/1000 pts. That is just based off what I see rates as when I rent from people. That should just be used as a guide though.

Something I noticed recently...

WBC gets a fair amount of negative reviews because of bugs (cockroaches specifically). Two things are true: Florida has bugs everywhere; and online reviews can be unreliable. But still, it seems to be more of a problem in reviews compared to nearby properties.

Does anyone feel this "reputation" is legitimate at all?

We haven't seen bugs in our three visits so far. I got some sort of bite on my leg on one of our trips, so I did a major inspection of the bedding but no evidence of anything so I still don't know what it was or where it happened (but it was bad enough that I used the Doctor on Demand app and got a prescription for the itching!) Probably just something random in the wild.

Booked!!!:sunny::cool1::cheer2::beach:

I just paid our deposit for our late August trip. I didn't want to wait any longer in case it filled up. We are really looking forward to staying here again.

May I ask how much you're paying and who you booked through? I'm looking at the same time frame - Aug 19 to Sep 2? Are you going for 1 or 2 weeks (or somewhere in the middle)? TIA!

May I ask how much you're paying and who you booked through? I'm looking at the same time frame - Aug 19 to Sep 2? Are you going for 1 or 2 weeks (or somewhere in the middle)? TIA!
Sure no problem :).
I am booked August 25th to Sept 1st, 7 nights that are a Friday to Friday. We are in a 2bdrm deluxe and we booked with Vacation Strategy. We are paying $1083 and that includes a 5% discount (which I think is for being repeat customers.) We've used them before with no issues. We submitted a quote request and had an answer that day.

Something I noticed recently...

WBC gets a fair amount of negative reviews because of bugs (cockroaches specifically). Two things are true: Florida has bugs everywhere; and online reviews can be unreliable. But still, it seems to be more of a problem in reviews compared to nearby properties.

Does anyone feel this "reputation" is legitimate at all?
I've had many stays at WBC - the only bug I've ever seen inside was an ant I brought in on my shoe. And I'm a Floridian - I'm used to seeing errant palmetto bugs pretty regularly!

I have really enjoyed reading through this thread! I can't wait to make our second WDW trip official once I book a suite at WBC :) Out of curiosity (and I have already started to gather some quotes of my own for a November 2017 trip from TS, TU, VRBO, etc) what is the best price you personally have been able to secure for an early June trip in a three bedroom deluxe or four bedroom presidential? I wanted to go during value season of this year, but it may not be possible. As we're making a budget, I wanted to see how close people came to the prices listed on VU.

ETA: It would be a June 2018 trip, so I know it's too early to begin getting quotes for these dates

We're staying this year May 27 - June 3 in a 2 bdrm that I got off SkyAuction for $800. I also add cancel for any reason insurance up to 3 days before our trip for another $64 bucks :-)

Hi all,
we are looking at options for thanksgiving week and looking at bonnet creek as a potential option. I have read a fair amount on the treads here but I have quite frankly gotten info overload. I had a few questions I hopes someone with experience would be willing to answer.
1. how does the space in a one bedroom compare to a DVC studio? We have stayed at AKL a couple of times, but it looks like we could do this for about half the price.
2. Are there any hidden fees not included in the rental I need to be aware of?
3. How does this property compare to Windsor Hills, another option we are looking at?
4. We will be 2 adults and a teen. What kind of resort amenities are there to appeal to us if its too cold to swim?
5. What kind of onsite dining is offered?
thanks!

1. Compared to a AKL DVC studio, about 3x the size plus full kitchen.
2. No hidden fees, just a $100 cc hold for incidentals. If you don't use it, it goes back to your cc
3. Not sure about Windsor Hills, but this is an all out resort comparable to any Disney Deluxe (better in my opinion).
4. If it is too cold to swim, there are bars, restaurants, mini golf, shuffleboard. You can always hop over to a Disney resort as well. BW is only 2 miles
5. There are pool bars, quick service restaurant, and I believe a few full service restaurants. Disney Springs is 5 minutes away as well. Plus, all offsite dining is 5-10 minutes away.

Hi all,
we are looking at options for thanksgiving week and looking at bonnet creek as a potential option. I have read a fair amount on the treads here but I have quite frankly gotten info overload. I had a few questions I hopes someone with experience would be willing to answer.
1. how does the space in a one bedroom compare to a DVC studio? We have stayed at AKL a couple of times, but it looks like we could do this for about half the price.
3. How does this property compare to Windsor Hills, another option we are looking at?
4. We will be 2 adults and a teen. What kind of resort amenities are there to appeal to us if its too cold to swim?
5. What kind of onsite dining is offered?
thanks!

Personally, since the price is so decent I'd shoot for a 2 bedroom at WBC, that way your teen will have their own room and bathroom as well.

In addition to the shuffleboard and mini golf that BRN mentioned, there's ping pong and pool free of charge, as well as programs to watch and take part in like a reptile guy or game show types of things at the amphitheater. There's also an arcade.

Personally, since the price is so decent I'd shoot for a 2 bedroom at WBC, that way your teen will have their own room and bathroom as well.

In addition to the shuffleboard and mini golf that BRN mentioned, there's ping pong and pool free of charge, as well as programs to watch and take part in like a reptile guy or game show types of things at the amphitheater. There's also an arcade.
We cannot get a 2 bedroom with anyone who has replied thus far. Sold out.

1 Bedroom Deluxe at WBC is 812 sq ft, and the standard studio at AKL is 365 sq feet so well over twice the size. Also the bathroom is gigantic at WBC, you have a separate tub and shower, and as a previous poster mentioned, you have a full kitchen, living, and dining area.

There shouldn't be, but some owners charge a $99 "reservation fee" to make the booking. They are passing on some of their costs to you - just check for that in any fine print. If the total price comes to what you are willing to pay then you are good. You have to give them a major credit card to put on file at check in but there are no other fees (resort, parking, etc)

We did not stay in Windsor Hills, but at a nearby villa in the Four Corners area (near Windsor). There are a lot of choices in Windsor Hills from my understanding - everything from a large home with private pool to town homes and condos. We stayed in a house with a private pool but ended up not being there very much. One reason we like WBC so much is that it is so easy to travel quickly between the resort and the parks - our rental villa was just too far away to come and go like we are accustomed to. WBC is basically on Disney property so it is really quick to drive (or take Uber).

We haven't used any WBC amenities except the pools - my favorite thing about WBC is the living room, kitchen (with full size coffee pot) and patio so that your relaxation time in the room is really relaxing and not just sitting in a bed. If you luck into a great view that patio becomes a big selling feature! We also have never eaten at the on site restaurants as it's just too much fun to do the Disney restaurants we love or eat meals in the room if we are on a budget. I made a few things ahead and brought with us to keep in the fridge for snacks.

Good luck deciding and have a great trip! I know you will love Thanksgiving in Orlando.

We hope to be booking a 4 BR Presidential unit for the first week of November.....are there 3 bathrooms in those units? And are they usually the upper floors of the tower they are in...I know when we stayed in Tower 1, it is only maybe 5 floors. But other towers are what, 10 or more floors???
Hi! I don't know all the answer to your questions but I can tell you that the 4 bedroom presidential we stayed in had 4 bathrooms. It was a dream getting ready in the morning! We were on the top floor in a presidential reserve suite. 2500 for 7 nights for 11 people. We couldn't even dream of coming close to that on Disney without spending three times that amount!

2500 for 7 nights for 11 people. We couldn't even dream of coming close to that on Disney without spending three times that amount!
You are absolutely correct. A Grand Villa at SSR resort which has 1 less bedroom and bath on the cheapest season is $7,000 renting from someone. At $7/1000 points during the busiest season, the 4BR Pres is $2,900. During Value season, it is $1,570. If you have a good person to rent through, inside 60 days, those numbers are cut in half if it is available.

I was nervous to make the leap off of Disney property but in all honesty we were closer to the parks then when we stayed at ASM. It is minutes to get to the parks from the resort. The space and ability to make full meals just can't be beat. We are going back in 2018 with my parents and brother again. This time hoping for a longer stay to enjoy more of the resort! This summer we will make a surprise trip to Fort Wilderness, renting an RV from Florida Camper rental. It will be a change from the space we just had but the outdoors will be used as space too :-)

I did a search but no results. Can anyone tell me if WBC units have any kind of baking dishing like a casserole type dish?

Does anyone know where the closest Wal Mart is between the airport and WBC? We plan on stopping at one on our way from the airport. Thanks!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter