The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread! (pics and reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ones in the Hilton and Waldorf=Astoria should already be open; they've been operating since October. The Wyndham hotel is not slated to open for some time yet (I'm not even sure they have a date.) The remainder of the locations in the complex are covered sit-down locations with pizza, sandwiches, wraps, etc.

Thanks, Brian. The last time we were there it sounded as if they might open some of the restaurants prior to the hotel opening. I wonder if they will complete the walkway before the hotel opening.

I'd imagine if anything opens early, it won't be by much---the liability issues of having guests anywhere near an active construction zone would give the lawyers nightmares. I could be wrong, but it seems like a lot of risk just for a few extra months' of operating revenue.

I'd imagine if anything opens early, it won't be by much---the liability issues of having guests anywhere near an active construction zone would give the lawyers nightmares. I could be wrong, but it seems like a lot of risk just for a few extra months' of operating revenue.

I don't know, their insurance carrier wouldn't like it but nothing says billable hours like a liability case! :cool1:

We like Unos, Fuddruckers, Sweet Tomatoes, TGI Fridays, Flippers Pizza. These are all about 5-10 minutes away in a shopping center. There are in a shopping center. They have others in the shopping center too, but I can't remember what they are. Bonnet Creek is also very close to Downtown Disney.

We like Unos, Fuddruckers, Sweet Tomatoes, TGI Fridays, Flippers Pizza. These are all about 5-10 minutes away in a shopping center. There are in a shopping center. They have others in the shopping center too, but I can't remember what they are. Bonnet Creek is also very close to Downtown Disney.
These restaurants are in the Crossroads shopping center.

I have to thank all of you who've contributed to this thread. We are fortunate enough to have a Sept reservation at BC. We've been to the World many times and have enjoyed all of the places we've stayed both on and off property. I was a little worried about not being in an official Disney resort until I found this thread. No worries now!!! Have briefly checked out some of the pictures but will spend some time reading more thoroughly very soon. Thanks again. I'm certain most questions I will have be answered once I finish reading but may be back with inquiries of my own.

I am feeling very excited this evening. Booked Bonnet Creek 3 bedroom for a week in July 2011. We are owners but generally stay on Disney Property but thanks to this threaad I am excited about giving BC another try. We stayed the first year they were open, I think there were 2 buildings open at the time, no lazy river, very limited transportation to the parks, etc. Seems all those concerned have changed and I can't wait. This July we will be staying on Disney property but can't hardly wait for next year.:woohoo:

How did you book Bonnet Creek for July 2011? I am a Wyndham owner and can only book 10 months in advance. Did you rent from the resort and not use points? Just curious as I am hoping to get a 3 bedroom for early June of 2011 and have to wait until Aug. 3 to try and book it.

How did you book Bonnet Creek for July 2011? I am a Wyndham owner and can only book 10 months in advance. Did you rent from the resort and not use points? Just curious as I am hoping to get a 3 bedroom for early June of 2011 and have to wait until Aug. 3 to try and book it.

It is our home resort so we can book at the 13 month window. I still need 2 more one bedroom units that I will be using Point Credit Pool for and can not do them until 10 months in advance. Where do you own?

Good luck with your June request, I think with the new buildings opening up it will be alot easier to get into a larger Bonnet Creek unit.

We own at Sea Gardens. Bought back in 1993 from the builder. Wyndham did not arrive until much later. We had been happy with RCI but things got more & more difficult to get the locations we wanted so switched to Wyndham points about 6 years ago and have been very happy with the system. I like paying [using points] for what I want rather than being at the mercy of the RCI staff.

I have done several searches, but I can't find any information. I am hoping to book Bonnet Creek for July 18th for 5 nights. I see we can book through "Ken" but I am unsure how to do this. Does anyone else have any other ways for me to book? Thanks for your help. This thread has sold me on the resort!

Spanky: I think your chances are pretty good for that 10 month reservation. There are still 3BRs available for President's Week in February.

dimimi: you can find some other owner willing to rent to you, or you can book it as a conventional hotel. Booking as a hotel is usually quite a bit more expensive than it would be to rent a reservation from an owner.

My family of 4, along with my sister's family of 4, just returned from a week at Bonnet Creek and I have to say, we will never stay in a Disney resort again. We had a 2 bedroom and my sister had a 1 bedroom on the 2nd floor in Building 4 (Puerto de Cielo). We stepped out of the back entrance directly into the pool area at Escudo's bar and the zero-entry lazy river is directly behind the bar. One day we walked around the lake to the pool and waterslide at La Cocina bar and the kids wore the waterslide out.

We're from Georgia so we're used to the heat & humidity, but the week of the 13th was extreme, so thank goodness for the washer and dryer because I did several loads of laundry throughout the week. A nice surprise was the delivery of fresh towels & sheets twice during the week, as well as housekeeping coming in while we were gone one day to freshen up the beds & baths.

We drove to all of the parks instead of using the shuttles and were parked at EPCOT & Hollywood Studios in 15 minutes. Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom were of course a little farther away, but we beat the bus.

One our last night, the dads took the kids to the pool while the moms packed and I ordered two pizzas to be delivered from La Cocina. They arrived within 20 minutes and were steaming hot and loaded with toppings. They also offer by the slice at the bar area.

There are about 6 large gas grills between the check-in building and building 4 and every morning, BC staff were out scrubbing the grates to keep them clean. Every staff member we encountered was extremely polite.

They are working on what appears to be the last building which will have a pirate ship pool. The construction was never a problem from our building.

At check-in we were not asked to attend a sales presentation and had a missed call one day, but we were never approached. We did notice many families/couples walking around with sales staff and it would be very easy to get sucked in because the property is gorgeus.

We will go back and I highly recommend Bonnet Creek to anyone looking for a relaxing stay.

I have done several searches, but I can't find any information. I am hoping to book Bonnet Creek for July 18th for 5 nights. I see we can book through "Ken" but I am unsure how to do this. Does anyone else have any other ways for me to book? Thanks for your help. This thread has sold me on the resort!

Ken is great to work with. here is his website. http://vacationupgrades.com/

I've heard you can also use ebay or book through Wyndham. We've only used Ken. You will love this resort.

If you are talking about July of this year, you will have to find someone who already has it booked as there are no more units available. If you are looking for next year, you shouldn't have a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter