The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

It looked to me that if you had your name on the reservation prior to June 18th, you were okay. Crossed fingers...sounds like you made it before the cutoff. :)
They really need to check with Vacation Strategy. A lot of the big Wyndham owners don't add the guest name to a reservation until 15 days prior to checkin. So it is possible that there is a reservation there but the guest name is not yet added and the reservation could still be cancelled.

They really need to check with Vacation Strategy. A lot of the big Wyndham owners don't add the guest name to a reservation until 15 days prior to checkin. So it is possible that there is a reservation there but the guest name is not yet added and the reservation could still be cancelled.
Yikes. Good point! This sounds like it might become a disaster for the bigger owners as well as their renters/guests. :scared1:

It looked to me that if you had your name on the reservation prior to June 18th, you were okay. Crossed fingers...sounds like you made it before the cutoff. :)

I made the deposit with Vacation Strategy on March 10th. The final payment on the reservation was made June 7th.

Just sent an email to Vacation Strategy with the link to the Wyndham notice. Hoping they respond with some good news. Fingers crossed.

Wow on these weekend dates being added. I have 2 different rooms for a multi generation trip in November, weekends not added *so far*. Going to have to call about making sure name added early incase of more surprises. I feel really bad for those families who have planned special trips with scheduled flights etc.

Wow on these weekend dates being added. I have 2 different rooms for a multi generation trip in November, weekends not added *so far*. Going to have to call about making sure name added early incase of more surprises. I feel really bad for those families who have planned special trips with scheduled flights etc.

I was almost in this panic mode. We are headed down for my daughters birthday and have two families staying in one of the suites at BC. Everyone has airline tickets and park tickets already purchased. I thought we were going to be scrambling to find a new place to stay. Definitely would have been more money than what we paid for the suite.

FYI I did check with vacation strategy and if your dates fell within the new weekend black out dates and you were paid in full they went ahead and placed your name with reservation. I called as my dates are in November but not in the holiday blackout and November/December was not added for weekend blackouts. If you have paid in full and call them they will place your name on reservation but you will lose the ability to get a refund. They should get notification again if weekend dates for November/December are added and will have until midnight to add names, which is what they did for those who fell in this group just now.

This whole thing really stinks. We always travel over Sept/Oct for our family vacation to WBC. Been doing it for 8 years now and renting there every time. Looks like we won't be able to do that anymore since it always overlaps a weekend.

So I guess I'll start looking at Hilton Bonnet Creek. Its not a condo, but at least it in the same general area and they actually run bus service every half to one hour or so to the parks throughout the day which is something that WBC never really did well.

We are checking in Sat at Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek Hotel - We booked back in March and I have a print out of our confirmation and total cost for stay. I just checked our reservation online and the total for stay has increased by $189. It looks like they added the resort fee.
It was not added on the original res. I thought it was because I became a member at that time. I tried to call main res # and agent could not help me so I tried to contact hotel directly and they are not picking up.
Is this happening to anyone else?
I will try the hotel again later and make sure to bring my conformation print out.
So annoying!

Do these restrictions involve all weekends or just around major holidays? Ignore please. I was able to open chart. We missed it by 2 days!!

This whole thing really stinks. We always travel over Sept/Oct for our family vacation to WBC. Been doing it for 8 years now and renting there every time. Looks like we won't be able to do that anymore since it always overlaps a weekend.
I don't know how much you have been renting for, but you really should consider buying a week at Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek or elsewhere in the system if you plan to still go every year for the foreseeable future. They key would be to buy resale where you should be able to get something for free or close to it. A 2BR Deluxe is only 112,000 points that time of year. Depending on where you buy, you can get maintenance fees in the $5/1000 points range plus the $185 program fee. For a week there you could get in at around $750 and you wouldn't have to worry about any of the shenanigans that Wyndham is playing with rentals.

We are checking in Sat at Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek Hotel - We booked back in March and I have a print out of our confirmation and total cost for stay. I just checked our reservation online and the total for stay has increased by $189. It looks like they added the resort fee.
It was not added on the original res. I thought it was because I became a member at that time. I tried to call main res # and agent could not help me so I tried to contact hotel directly and they are not picking up.
Is this happening to anyone else?
I will try the hotel again later and make sure to bring my conformation print out.
So annoying!

Your reservation is at the hotel, not the timeshare which is called Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek. None of the weekend restrictions will impact you as your reservation is for the hotel.

In addition, Club Wyndham does not have a resort fee.

Being a member has absolutely nothing with your hotel reservation.

Wow… did I miss a lot! I haven’t checked this thread in a week and it threw me into a panic because we have a WBC rental for August 8-18. I emailed Ken Price and was relieved to find out he added our names to the reservation 10 days before the cutoff. A little bummed we have to find another option for future vacations after around 10 stays at WBC, but very happy we didn’t get canceled for this summer.

Wow… did I miss a lot! I haven’t checked this thread in a week and it threw me into a panic because we have a WBC rental for August 8-18. I emailed Ken Price and was relieved to find out he added our names to the reservation 10 days before the cutoff. A little bummed we have to find another option for future vacations after around 10 stays at WBC, but very happy we didn’t get canceled for this summer.
Who knows if this year's restrictions will carry over into future years? This has been an unusual year for travel plans.

I'm seriously looking into buying on the resale market as @dioxide45 points out. We just love WBC so much that I don't even want to fool with staying anywhere else. Most of our trips are in the later half of the year and always include one weekend so this new rule is a big bummer for us.

I'm seriously looking into buying on the resale market as @dioxide45 points out. We just love WBC so much that I don't even want to fool with staying anywhere else. Most of our trips are in the later half of the year and always include one weekend so this new rule is a big bummer for us.

I'm thinking the same thing. But trying to navigate the ins and outs of Wyndham's program seems daunting. I'm part of a Facebook group for owners and renters and it all seems very complicated.

I just want 1 or 2 weeks or partial weeks at WBC in off times (May and October/November). This was easy to do renting from an owner but this new restriction really puts a damper on planning.

Luckily I'm looking for 4 nights in early November that isn't restricted. For now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter