The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

We stayed at WBC in 2011 and 2012. Loved it. What does the DIS hive-mind think about the no-guest policy in 2022? I am planning a spring break trip (March 2022). Would they block a period like that, or stick with holidays?
Here are the blocked-out holidays for this year:

Memorial Day
Independence Day
Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Year’s Eve

Over at TUG, someone posted this in a Q&A about the new policy:

Will this continue to 2022?
This has not been ruled out. Given how many people seem to love the idea, I would say assume it will happen again next year.

In any case, if you are planning a trip during an extremely busy time, history can repeat itself. It should also be noted that they set a deadline for booking guest reservations, so you would know ahead of time if the period is blacked out.

Here are the blocked-out holidays for this year:

Memorial Day
Independence Day
Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Year’s Eve

Over at TUG, someone posted this in a Q&A about the new policy:

Will this continue to 2022?
This has not been ruled out. Given how many people seem to love the idea, I would say assume it will happen again next year.

In any case, if you are planning a trip during an extremely busy time, history can repeat itself. It should also be noted that they set a deadline for booking guest reservations, so you would know ahead of time if the period is blacked out.
Thanks. Since they didn't launch the limitation until that period had passed last year, I'll keep watching. I hope that "season" is drawn out enough that they don't block it.

Last edited:
It looks like the hot tubs opened on Saturday April 24th based on a WBC Facebook post from someone who is there.

That’s right, they opened on the 24th. We checked in on the 20th and there were only a few open on property with a 5 person capacity. Starting on Saturday they all opened with no COVID-related capacity limits.

That’s right, they opened on the 24th. We checked in on the 20th and there were only a few open on property with a 5 person capacity. Starting on Saturday they all opened with no COVID-related capacity limits.
What spas were open on the 20th? We checked in on the 19th and there were no open hot tubs that we could see except the one associated with the Wyndham Grand hotel. All the Club Wyndham hot tubs were roped off. They were all still closed when we checked out on the 23rd.

Last edited:

What spas were open on the 20th? We checked in on the 19th and there were no open hot tubs that we could see except the one associated with the Wyndham Grand hotel. All the Club Wyndham hot tubs were roped off. They were all still closed when we checked out on the 23rd.
You're correct, the only one (I heard someone say there were two but I only saw one) I saw open prior to the 24th was at the Wyndham Grand. All spas at the Club Wyndham towers were roped off.

You're correct, the only one (I heard someone say there were two but I only saw one) I saw open prior to the 24th was at the Wyndham Grand. All spas at the Club Wyndham towers were roped off.

The hot tubs opened on the 24th.

That your experience that the hot tubs associated with the Club pools weren't open during your stay that ended on the 23rd is not helpful and is inaccurate for anyone there on the 24th or later. Again, the hot tubs opened on the 24th.

The Wyndham Grand hotel hot tub has been open for quite some time as has been documented here.

The hot tubs opened on the 24th.

That your experience that the hot tubs associated with the Club pools weren't open during your stay that ended on the 23rd is not helpful and is inaccurate for anyone there on the 24th or later. Again, the hot tubs opened on the 24th.

The Wyndham Grand hotel hot tub has been open for quite some time as has been documented here.
I am not arguing that. Several people indicated multiple hot tubs were open before the 23rd. That simply wasn't the case. I was just pointing that out and correcting what was incorrect information. The only hot tub open prior to the 24th was the one associated with the hotel. I simply shared my experience with very specific dates. I am not sure how any of that is inaccurate. Perhaps unhelpful for those going on or after the 24th, but certainly wasn't inaccurate.

Last edited:
Arriving tomorrow for our first stay. Man, it’s gonna be hot. How are crowds at the pools right now? And I can’t remember-are there DVD players?

And we made it-out first stay. In tower two, 6th floor, nice view of pools and lake. The unit is great (though we realized at 10 when we went to bed that we have no bedding for hideabed-need to get our 11 year old to sleep since we’ve had a loooong day). Only bummer is the cheer convention-it’s pretty obnoxious. Shrieking teams competing with each other to yell from one pool to the next-my 15 year old asked why no one ever told her kids her age are so annoying. And one cheer mom and daughters jumped in the elevator with us just as door closed-kids masked but mom not. These are little elevators-argh. In hindsight I should’ve got out and caught the next one. I come from an area with really high mask compliance so this is disconcerting.

And we made it-out first stay. In tower two, 6th floor, nice view of pools and lake. The unit is great (though we realized at 10 when we went to bed that we have no bedding for hideabed-need to get our 11 year old to sleep since we’ve had a loooong day). Only bummer is the cheer convention-it’s pretty obnoxious. Shrieking teams competing with each other to yell from one pool to the next-my 15 year old asked why no one ever told her kids her age are so annoying. And one cheer mom and daughters jumped in the elevator with us just as door closed-kids masked but mom not. These are little elevators-argh. In hindsight I should’ve got out and caught the next one. I come from an area with really high mask compliance so this is disconcerting.

Yikes! Yeah, that mask thing would have me upset. Is WBC not in the county with the mask mandate as well? Any idea how long those cheerleaders will be around? Sounds like a bit of a nightmare...

Yikes! Yeah, that mask thing would have me upset. Is WBC not in the county with the mask mandate as well? Any idea how long those cheerleaders will be around? Sounds like a bit of a nightmare...
We are at Sheraton Vistana Resort and there are cheerleaders here too. I asked when many check out and was told Monday (today) and some will be here till Tuesday. (tomorrow).

There are no mask mandates in Florida. Nothing that can be enforced anyway. Gov DeSantis banned all mask mandates enacted by municipalities months ago and just today revoked all local emergency orders that municipalities tried to enact as far as Covid is concerned.
https://www.mypanhandle.com/news/go...l-local-covid-19-emergency-orders-in-florida/
Private businesses can still do what they want, but this new order will put heavy pressure on private businesses to remove mask restrictions in the state of Florida. The confusion that is about to erupt will be enjoyable to watch.

Last edited:
There are no mask mandates in Florida. Nothing that can be enforced anyway. Gov DeSantis banned all mask mandates enacted by municipalities months ago and just today revoked all local emergency orders that municipalities tried to enact as far as Covid is concerned.
https://www.mypanhandle.com/news/go...l-local-covid-19-emergency-orders-in-florida/
Private businesses can still do what they want, but this new order will put heavy pressure on private businesses to remove mask restrictions in the state of Florida. The confusion that is about to erupt will be enjoyable to watch.

Yeah, just saw this as well. It will definitely put a lot of pressure on the business, both ways. If they want to enforce masks, it will be difficult.

Ok, odd question maybe..
I tried searching for it, but it came up with no results.
I remember when we used to stay here around 2010-2015 ish, they had the Disney TV feed with Must Do with Stacey playing. Do they still have the Disney Resort TV feed coming in? Just curious...

Just got back from a week at WBC in a 2br. I found that over 50% of people were not wearing masks inside and over 90% weren't wearing them outside. The spas are all open; you need your own tubes for the lazy river and there is a air pump you can use for inflating. The people working at this resort are some of nicest, most helpful of any place I have ever stayed. Our mattress was so bad, we couldn't sleep the first night and DH ended up with one of the kids in their room. We notified the front desk and had a new mattress delivered before 11am and someone came in to make it with new sheets too. It was incredible. This resort is very attentive and well run! Any questions, let me know!

Ok, odd question maybe..
I tried searching for it, but it came up with no results.
I remember when we used to stay here around 2010-2015 ish, they had the Disney TV feed with Must Do with Stacey playing. Do they still have the Disney Resort TV feed coming in? Just curious...

We were there in September and I believe Stacy was with us!

Hey - Just booked 5 nights at WBCR next week. We have stayed there before, but obviously not in a while, but now my youngest has had his first vaccine shot we are feeling brace. Anwyay, I could only get 5 nights, and we will be remote schooling and remote working while there so I want to make the most of my time. Has anyone used Instacart or Shipt to get groceries delivered? We have a car, but I don't want to check in and go right back out to the store. How do they get through the front gate? Do we meet them in the lobby of our building? Any help appreciated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts