The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

That happened to me at the Wyndham Labelle maison in NOLA. Aaarrgghh so frustrating. And the system you have to use to book was awful plus no availability. I think they should disclose you will not stay at this property but one of our old less desirable locations.

My sales guy was upset too. He thought he had a sell. I was asking all the right questions, acting interested, etc. When I said no thanks but thank you. He was visibly upset. I had him take me on the tour too. LOL!
When I checked into WBC I told the "parking" person that I had zero interest in a timeshare presentation (with a huge smile). They laughed and gave me my parking pass.

The worst experience I had was in Hawaii at the Hilton Waikoloa Village. We did the tour for $200 in hotel credit and a bunch of HHonors points. We were very clear that we were not buying since my DH had a ton of HHonors points and we owned at DVC. At the end of the 90 minutes, the salesperson literally pointed to a photo of her son and told us that we were taking food out of his mouth by not buying :charac2:. She then made us wait for another 30 minutes alone while she wandered away (probably passive aggressively getting back at us). We finally tracked down the manager to get out of there since we had to pick up our DD from the childcare by a certain time. I was furious that we were treated so poorly but I held my tongue at the time or I would have blown my top. I wanted to go back and report her but once I was out of there I didn't want to go back.

Here now. The place is a ghost town. Thankfully they finally opened the pools back up, after closing them on Monday.

We were able to get our 3 bedroom at 11am on Tuesday, lake view.

No problems having pizza delivered or instacart.

Nice to hear the WBC is OK. I'll be there in 3 weeks to the day. Can't wait. I have already mentally checked out on my job and a still have a ton of things to do before I leave. LOL!! Thank goodness this isn't a quarter end!

Enjoy the rest of your trip. Hopefully the parks are just as empty.

I finally got reservations. I had to book from two separate agencies. I am hoping the reservation can be combined upon arrival. I made sure I booked the same type of unit.
We had to do the same with Ken. He said they will combine at check-in, and we will stay in the same unit. But, you can always call ahead now to be sure. I don’t know about you, but I like to know about any hiccups ahead of time.

We're booked in for 3 weeks in February, so I'll probably be asking lots of questions in here. :)

Is it feasible to take Uber's etc to the parks and Disney Springs for the time we're there? Are they very far away?

We're booked in for 3 weeks in February, so I'll probably be asking lots of questions in here. :)

Is it feasible to take Uber's etc to the parks and Disney Springs for the time we're there? Are they very far away?
Ask away!!!

Ubers are totally feasible. Even when we have a car we often like to take an Uber or Lyft to let someone else take care of the stressful part. You can even check prices and times in the app (click to change your pickup location).

Disney Springs, Epcot, and Hollywood Studios are extremely close. Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom are also nearby.

Usually I would budget $10-15 per ride if I am using UberX, the economy option, plus a small tip of $3 or so. We save so much by staying at WBC i feel justified splurging on as many Uber rides as I’d like.

3 weeks would be a dream!!! You’ll love it, I’m sure.

Ask away!!!

Ubers are totally feasible. Even when we have a car we often like to take an Uber or Lyft to let someone else take care of the stressful part. You can even check prices and times in the app (click to change your pickup location).

Disney Springs, Epcot, and Hollywood Studios are extremely close. Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom are also nearby.

Usually I would budget $10-15 per ride if I am using UberX, the economy option, plus a small tip of $3 or so. We save so much by staying at WBC i feel justified splurging on as many Uber rides as I’d like.

3 weeks would be a dream!!! You’ll love it, I’m sure.
Thanks for the great info! We considered hiring a car, however parking costs and driving on the wrong side of the road led us to Uber.
We can't wait for this trip. It's our honeymoon actually. :)

Driving in on property is a breeze. Don't discount it. Been going for 10+ years now and we drive to every park/Downtown Disney from WBC. Never taken a taxi or Uber or whatever they call it nowadays.

I understand if you don't want to mess with a car but don't let anyone tell you its too difficult to do. Disney has done an excellent jobs with road signs and directions.

Last edited:
Thanks for the great info! We considered hiring a car, however parking costs and driving on the wrong side of the road led us to Uber.
We can't wait for this trip. It's our honeymoon actually. :)

Congratulations!

Like @pepperandchips we Uber/Lyft at times even though we rent a car. Especially if we know we'll be having an adult beverage or if we're park hopping and plan to end at a different park than we start at. For Epcot, our favorite is to rideshare over to Boardwalk then walk in to Epcot through the International Gateway entrance.

We had to do the same with Ken. He said they will combine at check-in, and we will stay in the same unit. But, you can always call ahead now to be sure. I don’t know about you, but I like to know about any hiccups ahead of time.
Will do, that is a good idea!

I was told there are no pool/lake facing 1BR presidential rooms, they only face the other way. Can anyone confirm this? If this is true, is there a particular side of the building that's got a better view than the other?

We just got back and used Uber and Lyft the entire time! It was awesome! We used the Lyft Minnie Van for Magic Kingdom since they drop you off right in front of the gates...all other parks we used regular Uber. It was so much easier than any other trip we've taken!

We just got back and used Uber and Lyft the entire time! It was awesome! We used the Lyft Minnie Van for Magic Kingdom since they drop you off right in front of the gates...all other parks we used regular Uber. It was so much easier than any other trip we've taken!
You can have Lyft drop you off at the Contemporary resort and walk over to Mk. The bag check on the walkway going to Mk is much faster than the main bag check in front of Mk. We did this many times last week.

Do the Lyft/Uber apps show the driver what tower you're at for pick up?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!