The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

So after doing a lot of research and almost booking WBC well in advance, I decided to hold off for the 60day mark and try to go through Vacation Upgrades. When I asked before Ken was optimistic that we’d be able to get our dates, but now that we’re almost at 60days things are apparently pretty booked up.

Ken can offer me a unit for our first few nights, and I see another unit listed on Redweek starting the day our first rental would end. Is there any reason a split booking like that would cause a problem? And is there anything I should be aware of when booking through Redweek? The particular unit I’m looking at is a 3 bedroom renting for less than most 2 bedrooms are around that timeframe, so I’m afraid it may be too good to be true?

I do see units on VRBO for our entire stay, but the prices are significantly higher than either Vacation Upgrades or Redweek, so that probably doesn’t make sense. I’m planning to check with VS one more time too to see if that’s still an option.

We typically stay on site and take a mid-day break to let the kids rest, eat lunch, and take in some air conditioning before heading back out to the parks. I've heard that in general this isn't as feasible when you're staying off site, but Bonnet Creek is sooooo close to the on site hotels that I'm thinking it's a possible exception. So I'm curious - those of you who have stayed there before, are any of you midday break kind of people?

We typically stay on site and take a mid-day break to let the kids rest, eat lunch, and take in some air conditioning before heading back out to the parks. I've heard that in general this isn't as feasible when you're staying off site, but Bonnet Creek is sooooo close to the on site hotels that I'm thinking it's a possible exception. So I'm curious - those of you who have stayed there before, are any of you midday break kind of people?

We have done this plenty. WBC is next door to the Caribbean Beach Resort, so you really aren't going far.

A bigger issue maybe pulling your kids away from the resort if they are having a good time there.

It’s kind of tedious with the Magic Kingdom. Unless you use a Minnie Van to/from the MK gate.

We have done this plenty. WBC is next door to the Caribbean Beach Resort, so you really aren't going far.

A bigger issue maybe pulling your kids away from the resort if they are having a good time there.

Thanks, good to hear! Our five year old is on the spectrum and gets to the point of needing a sensory break, and his brother who is a year younger gets super amped up when we talk about what park we'll be going to at night and what fun things we'll be doing after stopping at the hotel, so I think we'll be okay =)

It’s kind of tedious with the Magic Kingdom. Unless you use a Minnie Van to/from the MK gate.
Good point - might push to stay all day and just find quiet spaces for sensory breaks as needed on MK days. I love the monorail but it definitely adds on to the commute!

You might try valet parking at the Contemporary. It is $33 plus tip but does eliminate the ferry or monorail if you just walk over to MK. I also think the amount of time you spend waiting for a bus to your Disney resort you could easily get back to the MK parking lot and drive back to WBC. I will agree it is a long way whether you are in your car or a Disney bus. WBC is very close to both Epcot and Hollywood Studios. A little further to Animal Kingdom but a good drive to Magic Kingdom area.

You might try valet parking at the Contemporary. It is $33 plus tip but does eliminate the ferry or monorail if you just walk over to MK. I also think the amount of time you spend waiting for a bus to your Disney resort you could easily get back to the MK parking lot and drive back to WBC. I will agree it is a long way whether you are in your car or a Disney bus. WBC is very close to both Epcot and Hollywood Studios. A little further to Animal Kingdom but a good drive to Magic Kingdom area.
I have done the valet thing. It is quite nice :) I don’t know if I’d want to do that walk four times in a day... kind of a personal choice I guess. There are also times of the year when even the valet lot at CR is off-limits without an ADR. Last week, for example.

So I’m close to pulling the trigger on the split booking stay, but I just saw a note in a review elsewhere that the larger waterslides were for older/taller kids only. I’m seeing different reports when I search—age 8 and up, 48inches, nothing that’s enforced, etc.

Can anyone confirm what the water slide rules are? The pool is a big part of why we want to book here, and I have a 7 year old who is a whisper under 48 inches. He’s going to be devastated if we go and he can’t use the slides!

So I’m close to pulling the trigger on the split booking stay, but I just saw a note in a review elsewhere that the larger waterslides were for older/taller kids only. I’m seeing different reports when I search—age 8 and up, 48inches, nothing that’s enforced, etc.

Can anyone confirm what the water slide rules are? The pool is a big part of why we want to book here, and I have a 7 year old who is a whisper under 48 inches. He’s going to be devastated if we go and he can’t use the slides!
There are 2 slides that I would consider "big". One of them (the one at the pirate ship pool) has a height minimum. There is a person out there usually checking I think. The other slide outside building 3 should be fine for him. It might have a height requirement but I've never seen anyone turned away including 2 year olds. If your son gets to the bottom and can't swim the lifegaurd will tell him not to go down anymore though.

Thanks. He’s about 47.5 inches barefoot right now—in shoes he tends to measure at 48 so he can do most rides, but at a water park he sometimes is turned away. Two months to go, I should start stretching him...

Can’t decide if I should wait to book at the 60 day mark or now! Any thoughts...
Dates: March 28- April 3
Current booking price is $1700 for the week- 2 bedroom delux
Just nervous that my dates won’t be open if I wait much longer.

Can’t decide if I should wait to book at the 60 day mark or now! Any thoughts...
Dates: March 28- April 3
Current booking price is $1700 for the week- 2 bedroom delux
Just nervous that my dates won’t be open if I wait much longer.
I'd honestly book now. Those dates look like spring break dates to me. I'm slightly surprised there is still availability now.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before. We were going to split on site and BC through Ken and Denise Price because we are on a tight budget. Our plans fell through because they don't have any availability during our dates. Where is another budget friendly place to go through to stay at BC?

I'm sorry if this has been asked before. We were going to split on site and BC through Ken and Denise Price because we are on a tight budget. Our plans fell through because they don't have any availability during our dates. Where is another budget friendly place to go through to stay at BC?

There is no one place to book. You can look at Redweek, Ebay, TugBBS, SkyAuction plus all the homeaway-type places. Some people use Craigslist.

Generally, the closer you get, the cheaper it will get, but availability is always a concern. The good thing about Orlando is there are many, many options in resorts. While WBC is great, no one should have to forgo a trip for not finding a place to stay.

In the end the split booking option fell through, but Vacation Strategy had a two bedroom available for our dates, so we grabbed that. It’s actually a tiny bit more than the 3BR units we expected to get, but still WAY less than we were paying for accommodations elsewhere. My son watched a video about the resort and I warned him he may be too short for the water slide, but there was so much other great stuff he was happy anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter