The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

We will be taking the Mears shuttle to WBC from the airport. And our run is at 10:00 at night, so I don't think we will have trouble getting there on time. We will most likely have to take a taxi after the run, since it will be so late after the after party, but we are okay with that. Others who have done the run told me that they walked back to WBC afterwards, along with dozens of other people, as it ends at Epcot. Are the shuttle schedules not accurate? The one I looked at showed many shuttles, from morning to evening? We really, really don't want to rent a car. The price, the hold on my one credit card, driving in an unfamiliar place. I hate driving in traffic anyway and posts on here said the traffic on Disney property is horrible if you don't know where you are going. Thank you for your info, I will look into it further and see if I was given correct info.

I ran W&D this past year and stayed onsite at OKW, with a rental car and we were glad we had it there. We're going back for 2015 W&D and are staying at WBC. And honestly, I wouldn't consider it without a car. You'll need to get to the ESPN Wide World of Sports before the race (either the day before or earlier in the day on the day of the race) to pick up your packets, so that would be a taxi. Then getting back to WBC after the after-party from Epcot is late-late-late and I'm not sure if they'll be shuttling at that time. Plus, when we were ready to go, we were ready to go (especially this year, it was rainy). The cost of the shuttles is what? $5 each? Multiply that by the two of you by how many ever trips back and forth plus cab fare here and there plus a grocery delivery fee plus your Mears fares and you'll probably pay a lot less for a rental. Orlando usually has some great rental deals, I think ours was around $20 a day. I don't think traffic is bad on property. I-4 coming from the airport can have some traffic depending on the time of day, but everything is well labeled and you won't get lost.

Happy planning! Wine and Dine was a blast, even in the rain!

We will be taking the Mears shuttle to WBC from the airport. And our run is at 10:00 at night, so I don't think we will have trouble getting there on time. We will most likely have to take a taxi after the run, since it will be so late after the after party, but we are okay with that. Others who have done the run told me that they walked back to WBC afterwards, along with dozens of other people, as it ends at Epcot. Are the shuttle schedules not accurate? The one I looked at showed many shuttles, from morning to evening? We really, really don't want to rent a car. The price, the hold on my one credit card, driving in an unfamiliar place. I hate driving in traffic anyway and posts on here said the traffic on Disney property is horrible if you don't know where you are going. Thank you for your info, I will look into it further and see if I was given correct info.

The shuttle times/frequency change month to month. We have found that when we need to make due with it, we manage, but we would rather have a car. We just drive to another Disney resort, park and use their shuttles.

Staying at WBC but going to SW and Aquitica several days. Looking for recommendations for the best breakfast locations between WBC and these parks. Looking for moderate price - $10- 15/per person max.

Thanks!

There is a Perkins and Waffle House not too far from BC that would work. The fastest way to get there right now would be to get on I4 towards a Sea World and get off and the very next exit.

Or there is a Denny's (I think it's Denny's might be IHOP) not too far from Sea World. You have to drive past the entrance to Sea World and then turn right at the light (I don't know the street name).

Planning a stay this fall. Haven't stayed here since 2012. I've read that some renovations have been done. Has the entire resort been renovated? Or just certain buildings? If it's still happening, can someone let me know which have been done and when the rest are expected to be done? Thanks!

Are there ice machines or do any of the fridges have ice makers? We have only stayed at Bonnet Creek once, and we were in a two bedroom. Our fridge did not have an ice maker, so we used the ice trays to make ice which was sort of a pain because we would forget to fill them up each day.

Are there ice machines or do any of the fridges have ice makers? We have only stayed at Bonnet Creek once, and we were in a two bedroom. Our fridge did not have an ice maker, so we used the ice trays to make ice which was sort of a pain because we would forget to fill them up each day.

We've only stayed in a 3 bedroom and it had a nice maker each time. I know in the lobby of the tower there is a pop machine and maybe an ice machine, but I wasn't really looking so don't know for sure.

Our fridge did not have an ice maker, so we used the ice trays to make ice which was sort of a pain because we would forget to fill them up each day.
That's odd. I've always had an ice maker. I wonder if the one in that unit had broken and been removed.

That's odd. I've always had an ice maker. I wonder if the one in that unit had broken and been removed.

I am really hoping that is the case because we really like having ice. There were two ice trays in the freezer. So we would try to remember to make ice each night. Then we would bag it up in a freezer bag.

Our units have always had ice makers. In addition, I've found an ice machine in the ground-floor lobby of each tower.

Thanks everyone for your input! We were so excited for our trip in November that we couldn't wait and booked a trip for the end of February and one again in September! Only staying at BC on the September and November trip though. The one next month is at All Star Sports and I heard it is TINY! But my DD surprised me with the trip, room and AP and my DS bought me my plane ticket for an early BD present so who am I to complain, lol!?

I am so excited because I just booked Bonnet Creek for the last week of June!:cool1: We have never stayed here but I have wanted to for years! I just keep getting sucked in to Disney with free dining but not this time. :laughing: I have to go back and read all about WBC now. Let the planning begin!:goodvibes

I just read on Kennythepirate that there is a character meal at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, but I can't find that info anywhere else. Is this current?!

Just wanted to say we were at Bonnet Creek 6 years ago and loved it. Next month will be our 'next' trip to Disney since 6 years ago and for the first time ever we'll be staying on site. I have a feeling I'm going to miss this place!

Tips : Plan a day to spend in the water at the resort. My kids could have spent an entire day there. My husband and I didn't know why we didn't just add on an extra day or take 1 less day at the parks and just hang out at the hotel because the kids loved it!

And use the Pay if Forward thread! We actually left our next people things like our Disney Lanyards and a couple trading pins and a lot of other stuff. I kinda wish I still had them since now I'm scrounging for more for this trip...lol, but it was so awesome showing up with a box of 'gifts' almost or leftovers from the previous guests. I don't think the Disney resorts do this...

I just read on Kennythepirate that there is a character meal at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, but I can't find that info anywhere else. Is this current?!

I'm also interested to hear if this is still offered. If so, it's definitely something we'd like to check out! :thumbsup2

I'm sure this is buried somewhere in the thread, but does anyone know, do the prices listed on vacation upgrade include the resort fees and taxes, or are they extra?

do the prices listed on vacation upgrade include the resort fees and taxes, or are they extra?
For timeshare bookings at WBC, there are no taxes/fees.

I just called the resort and they told me they do not offer any character dining since they aren't affiliated with disney.
Maybe it is in the hotel side? They are managed separately.

For timeshare bookings at WBC, there are no taxes/fees.

Maybe it is in the hotel side? They are managed separately.

how would I contact the hotel side? Are the restaurants at the hotel different from the timeshare?
Is the hotel also called Wyndham Bonnet creek?

I called Wyndham lake buena vista. They do have character meal Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday mornings with Mickey Goofy and Pluto. $24.95 adults/ $12.95 ages 4-11. For those prices it doesn't seem worth it. Might as well do a real disney breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter