The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Hey guys! Wyndham owner here: I just wanted to give you some strategies if you are roped in to the parking pass desk. The number one strategy is to put only your name , not your spouses, on the reservation and only you go and check in. When you are approached by the staff tell them it is just you visiting, not your spouse. If you’re a married couple both must attend so this let’s you off the hook. Next, if they ask about income and your spouse is with you: lie. Blurt our a amount lower than $60k a year. You have to make $60k a year to attend the presentation. Finally, if that fails and they keep badgering tell them part of the Wyndham sales team pledge is to treat their guests with respect at all times and you would like to speak to the manager of the resort.

I always do the tours as an owner because the incentives are so good but I have the ability to say no many times and hold them to the agreed upon 90 minutes.

Is there a charge for parking at Bonnet Creek? Trying to figure out if a rental car + Theme Park parking or Uber/Lyft everywhere would be a better value.
There is no charge for parking at Wyndham Bonnet Creek. If you are referring to the Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek or the Hilton Bonnet Creek, there is a charge for parking.

This thread is about the WBC timeshare resort, where parking is free.

For those with experience... how does having a car compare to using Uber at WBC? It looks like price might be similar ($200 for rental plus $25 a day parking at a park on average or $30-$40 in Uber charges daily). Does that seem right? My husband likes Disney transport because he views it as efficient, which is a reason he's pushing for an onsite stay (we have 5 times before), where WBC looks cheaper and a better in-room experience (and personally I don't think Disney transport is thaaat great).

So, we've never booked a presidential because usually we just want to save money and we're traveling with kids, but we're doing an adults only trip and for once I'd like to get a nice room location, so I was going to book a 1 bed presidential because I thought it would be in tower 6, but when I called the resort the person I talked to said that there are presidentials scattered all over, even on lower floors and only the presidential "reserve" rooms are in tower 6. Anybody have any experience with this? I wanted to the room to feel different from when we're there, but that alone is not worth the $220 extra if we don't definitely have an upper floor or better location.

For those with experience... how does having a car compare to using Uber at WBC? It looks like price might be similar ($200 for rental plus $25 a day parking at a park on average or $30-$40 in Uber charges daily). Does that seem right? My husband likes Disney transport because he views it as efficient, which is a reason he's pushing for an onsite stay (we have 5 times before), where WBC looks cheaper and a better in-room experience (and personally I don't think Disney transport is thaaat great).

I can't speak to the uber piece but I can tell you it feels pretty darn good to walk by all those tired people waiting for a bus and hop straight in your car.

I can't speak to the uber piece but I can tell you it feels pretty darn good to walk by all those tired people waiting for a bus and hop straight in your car.

This!

We've never relied on Uber/Lyft from WBC but have used it for convenience when we have park hopping plans. Zipping around in your own rental car is easy and saves a bunch of time. If you choose to rent a car, your DH will likely never want to go back to relying on Disney transportation even if/when you stay onsite again. We have a trip coming up to Saratoga Springs via a timeshare exchange and we're still renting a car. The only time we use Disney transport anymore is when we stay at Fort Wilderness and take the boats to MK.

So, we've never booked a presidential because usually we just want to save money and we're traveling with kids, but we're doing an adults only trip and for once I'd like to get a nice room location, so I was going to book a 1 bed presidential because I thought it would be in tower 6, but when I called the resort the person I talked to said that there are presidentials scattered all over, even on lower floors and only the presidential "reserve" rooms are in tower 6. Anybody have any experience with this? I wanted to the room to feel different from when we're there, but that alone is not worth the $220 extra if we don't definitely have an upper floor or better location.
The 4 bedroom presidentials are in each building on the top floors, but I'm fairly certain that the 1,2,and 3 BR presidentials are all in tower 6. Presidential Reserve are on the top couple of floors of tower 6, but below that in tower 6 are the standard presidentials. I want to say floor 15 and up is pres reserve. I don't know how low the pres units go in tower 6, but with such a tall building I would think you have a better chance of being high up.

The 4 bedroom presidentials are in each building on the top floors, but I'm fairly certain that the 1,2,and 3 BR presidentials are all in tower 6. Presidential Reserve are on the top couple of floors of tower 6, but below that in tower 6 are the standard presidentials. I want to say floor 15 and up is pres reserve. I don't know how low the pres units go in tower 6, but with such a tall building I would think you have a better chance of being high up.
This is what I thought, thank you!

No one has said it recently, but lots of transport questions lately, so just a friendly reminder that you can check the cost of Uber or Lyft by opening the app and starting the process of requesting a ride - change your pickup to WBC or the Orlando airport as needed and enter your destination. Then you can scroll through the various sizes and options to see fare quotes and even see the prices for a Minnie Van in the Lyft app. Just don’t actually tap the button to request a ride 😉

The 1BR presidential rooms are on the upper floors of Tower 6, but they start around the 6th floor, so it will still the luck of the draw where you end up.

After staying in both deluxe and a presidential at WBC, I would save the $200 and have a memorable fine dining experience somewhere every time.

The decor is a bit fancier and the units have a full-size washer and dryer in the presidential units, but I think the upgrade is minimal.

No one has said it recently, but lots of transport questions lately, so just a friendly reminder that you can check the cost of Uber or Lyft by opening the app and starting the process of requesting a ride - change your pickup to WBC or the Orlando airport as needed and enter your destination. Then you can scroll through the various sizes and options to see fare quotes and even see the prices for a Minnie Van in the Lyft app. Just don’t actually tap the button to request a ride 😉
To add on to this (because this is what I did to get the $ amounts as I mentioned above, and what I do as part of my normal trip planning for any vacation) WBC to most parks in the cheapest Uber option for the time I was checking (mid-day) was $8-$13 with near immediate availability (could get you picked up and to any of the parks within 25 minutes). Modifying the search time, number of people, etc. would change this (sometimes substantially), as well as how things are going by chance when you actually need the ride. This is per trip (not round trip) so consider both directions as well as park hopping or mid-day breaks.

The 1BR presidential rooms are on the upper floors of Tower 6, but they start around the 6th floor, so it will still the luck of the draw where you end up.

After staying in both deluxe and a presidential at WBC, I would save the $200 and have a memorable fine dining experience somewhere every time.

The decor is a bit fancier and the units have a full-size washer and dryer in the presidential units, but I think the upgrade is minimal.

Thank you! Normally I would advise people to do the same and I wouldn't spend the extra just to stay in a presidential, but this is our first trip without kids, for my 40th birthday. We had planned on staying on property, but want to save THAT money for dining and experiences, so the compromise in my mind is to at least stay in a different type of unit than we normally stay in with the kids - just a little classier! We're already saving $300-$800 over where were looking at on property. That's the mindset right now at least, we'll see if I cave and go for the Deluxe ;)

Thank you! Normally I would advise people to do the same and I wouldn't spend the extra just to stay in a presidential, but this is our first trip without kids, for my 40th birthday. We had planned on staying on property, but want to save THAT money for dining and experiences, so the compromise in my mind is to at least stay in a different type of unit than we normally stay in with the kids - just a little classier! We're already saving $300-$800 over where were looking at on property. That's the mindset right now at least, we'll see if I cave and go for the Deluxe ;)

Personally, I'd go for the presidential in this case...just a bit fancier and make it feel different for a different type of trip :) .

Personally, I'd go for the presidential in this case...just a bit fancier and make it feel different for a different type of trip :) .

I think this is what we'll stick with! Made a reservation through Vacation Strategy, but also checking on pricing with Vacation Upgrades. I love jacuzzis and the presidential one is bigger, so there's that, too!

Has anyone stayed at Wyndham Bonnet Creek and NOT gone to Disney/Sea World/Universal? If so, was there "enough" to do at the resort? We are looking to do a 4 day get away in late March and the amenities here look so incredible, I'm thinking that's all we will do!

Without scrolling all the way through the thread...

We are booked in a 2 bedroom deluxe. I'm guessing from what I have read, they are scattered throughout the property. If we were going to make a request, what would you suggest? Is any particular towers better than others? Adults only and will be spending most of our time at Disney or universal so we don't particularly need to be close to pools or other activities.

Has anyone stayed at Wyndham Bonnet Creek and NOT gone to Disney/Sea World/Universal? If so, was there "enough" to do at the resort? We are looking to do a 4 day get away in late March and the amenities here look so incredible, I'm thinking that's all we will do!

We have stayed at WBC several times and not gone to theme parks. During those stays, we have gone to Disney Springs, the Boardwalk, Fort Wilderness and Disney resorts to eat or walk around, but the bulk of the time was spent at WBC enjoying its amenities.

All the time. We do “Disney” trips and we do “Bonnet Creek” trips. Completely different styles and goals. Like @Upatnoon we still eat at Disney resorts, enjoy Disney entertainment, watch the fireworks, ride the Skyliner, take monorail and boat rides, shop, etc but usually in the evening and after WBC entertainment that we want to see. WBC is our our priority on those trips as they’re meant for relaxation. Disney is the extra time filler, if we’re looking for something to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter