The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

I avoid the sales pitch and phone calls very simply. I go to the parking pass desk. By myself. I let them know that I am married. I tell them that my husband is not traveling with me on this trip. That stops the conversation right there. They are not allowed to sell to you if your spouse is not present.

They have no way of knowing that my husband really is with me. The reservation desk has nothing to do with the sales desk.

I don't know if this is a change or not (we're staying here for the first time, through Vacation Strategy). We checked in on Saturday (May 6) and skipped the parking pass desk as many others have recommended. Today (May 8), we got a phone call in our room telling us we would need to get a parking pass. And, of course, since they had me on the line, they wanted to schedule me for a breakfast during which they would give their timeshare presentation. Maybe they have had too many people skipping the parking pass desk (and not signing up for the presentation)?

Regarding the timeshare presentation, I assume that it is like most others. As a reward for sitting through 90 minutes of presentation, they are offering a week at one of their resorts. Is there anyone who has taken advantage of this offer who would be willing to share how easy/difficult it was to redeem?

Yes the tips on this board not only say avoid parking pass/informational packet desk but also unplug the phone in your condo for your entire stay.

They are not allowed to sell to you if your spouse is not present.
They are, but there's a much larger chance of a rescission. The sales staff get dinged for a rescission, so the tour flow folks are told not to qualify them for a tour. But, if it's a slow week, they might try to sign you up anyway.

mrzrich pointed out the other one as well. It is against Wyndham policy to only work through one spouse. If you tell them your spouse is not with you, they will end all discussions at that point.

You do not need a parking pass at all. That phone call for you was a fishing expedition. They want you down there to throw a bunch of cheap trinkets to get you to go to the "survey" or "tour". Simple solution...unplug the phone.

Yes the tips on this board not only say avoid parking pass/informational packet desk but also unplug the phone in your condo for your entire stay.

Thanks. I now remember the advice to unplug the phone. Oh well. It is easy enough to say "no" to their solicitations.

I don't know if it is related but I gave the front desk my cell number at check in last stay and have noticed a huge uptick in spam calls afterward. May be totally unrelated but it's something I thought I'd mention.

Last time we were there I went up to the desk to get the pass, even though we usually skip it but I thought the same thing - just say no and keep it moving.

Yeah easier said than done. the lady was very aggressive. after several minutes of her giving me her spiel and me responding with "thank you but we are not interested" (like 10 times) I finally got annoyed and told her "you are taking up precious vacation time, my kids have been in the car for several hours and are tired and hungry, now please just give me my parking pass so I can be on my way" (as if one cue my 2yo on my hip started crying - she wanted me to put her down but she's a runner and the lobby was very crowded)

The lady tells me, in a very nasty tone "listen I am trying to help you save money, if you would just let me finish talking and stop interrupting you would see that" I then asked to speak to her manager, that finally did the trick and she handed me the pass. it was such an unpleasant experience. I should've just skipped it like I always do.

We skipped parking pass desk - it was easy - we did super early pre check in, and said we would swing by when we came back. Later, in the afternoon, we told them we got it in the morning when we did pre check in.

We had one message on the phone while we were out, but we never got a call to set up an appointment. There's no way they would know whether you have one or not (at the desk) - only at the security gate could they in theory look for a "pass".

We did give the front desk my cell, got a call from them at 2:00 when our room was ready, and I didn't get any spam so hopefully that's not the cause.

We skipped parking pass desk - it was easy - we did super early pre check in, and said we would swing by when we came back. Later, in the afternoon, we told them we got it in the morning when we did pre check in.

We had one message on the phone while we were out, but we never got a call to set up an appointment. There's no way they would know whether you have one or not (at the desk) - only at the security gate could they in theory look for a "pass".

We did give the front desk my cell, got a call from them at 2:00 when our room was ready, and I didn't get any spam so hopefully that's not the cause.

They do know that you didn't stop at the desk. They check you off when you get the pass. When you don't go to the desk they call you.

As said before, the front desk people have nothing to do with the parking pass people.

They do know that you didn't stop at the desk. They check you off when you get the pass. When you don't go to the desk they call you.

As said before, the front desk people have nothing to do with the parking pass people.

Well, we got lucky because they didn't call us. The message we received was from the front desk, not about the parking pass at all.

I don't really understand how they would know - what if you took a cab or other similar transportation? You wouldn't get a parking pass then.

Well, we got lucky because they didn't call us. The message we received was from the front desk, not about the parking pass at all.

I don't really understand how they would know - what if you took a cab or other similar transportation? You wouldn't get a parking pass then.
You have to give them a plate number for your vehicle when you check in. We've never gotten a pass and they've called the room Every. Single. Time. After the first trip, we unplugged the phone upon arrival but listened to any messages before we left. One trip, they called 3 times leaving almost threatening messages that our vehicle may be towed.

You have to give them a plate number for your vehicle when you check in. We've never gotten a pass and they've called the room Every. Single. Time. After the first trip, we unplugged the phone upon arrival but listened to any messages before we left. One trip, they called 3 times leaving almost threatening messages that our vehicle may be towed.

We must have REALLY lucked out, then - because he never asked for our car info. I purposely took a photo of the rental license plate, expecting them to ask. But they didn't. Sorry you went through that.

Another way to shut them up quick is to tell them you make $15,000 a year. They won't bother pitching to you if they don't think you have any money.

I personally use the "girls weekend" excuse every time I go. I have never been called once I tell them that my husband is home with the dog. (Even though he is out in the car waiting for me)

We must have REALLY lucked out, then - because he never asked for our car info. I purposely took a photo of the rental license plate, expecting them to ask. But they didn't. Sorry you went through that.
We were there three weeks ago. Didn't get a single phone call to the landline, or to the cell number I gave them. I was never hassled by the parking guy in Tower 5 either when I walked by. I expected to be inundated the whole week! It was a pleasant surprise not to hear a word from them.

I was just told by Michel Sullivan Wyndham has changed their booking policy as to personal use versus rental and we can only book 60 days in advance now for rentals. Anyone know what is up in more details?

Hi all! I have searched through this thread, but would like to get everyone's opinion. We are booked for a split stay over Thanksgiving. My family of four (includes a 7-year-old and 2-year-old) has a one-bedroom unit booked from Wednesday, November 22-25. On the 25th, my parents and brother will be arriving and we have a four-bedroom presidential booked for seven nights. We plan on going to Magic Kingdom early on the morning of the 25th, so my plan is to check us in to the four-bedroom before leaving (at maybe 6 or 7 that morning). My dad will be using a scooter, and my parents have several non-park days scheduled, and will be in the condo often. I know there is no way a four-bedroom will be ready the Saturday after Thanksgiving that early; so my question is, what view/building would you recommend I request upon check-in? I really want my parents to enjoy the room and view! Thanks!!

I was just told by Michel Sullivan Wyndham has changed their booking policy as to personal use versus rental and we can only book 60 days in advance now for rentals. Anyone know what is up in more details?
I HIGHLY doubt that. There would be lawsuits files by 10,000s Wyndham owners for breech of contract. Wyndham could not afford the lawsuit. What they are probably stopping is the book/rebook for rentals. That has been known for a long while they were trying to correct that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter