The Wave for breakfast?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by kitkat4622, Feb 17, 2017.

1. kitkat4622

kitkat4622 DIS Veteran

yay or nay? and is it a buffet or individual meals that can be ordered. thank you.

2. ErinsMommy

ErinsMommy What if i fall..but oh my darling what if you fly!

was nay for me - DH liked it enough that we went another time but more for convenience since it was in our hotel. breakfast they take your order but there's also some food options you can get up and get yourself as well.

3. minoh

minoh MinnieNewbie

We've got an ADR for a breaskfast at The Wave. It's sounds so good, I was hoping it would be worthwhile.

4. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. bamaliving

bamaliving Earning My Ears

I've got an ADR for breakfast at The Wave too.. the menu looks sooo good! I'm interested to read the reviews here and see if it would be worth making the effort to get there before park opening. We may be better off just grabbing something at the food court..

6. Ewoks

Ewoks Mouseketeer

It's the best breakfast on WDW property. Period. I can't recommend it enough, it's just that good.

You can either order off the menu or get the buffet. You'll be in and out quick, too.

7. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

Total YAY for us.

You *either* get the buffet or you order from the menu.

8. minoh

minoh MinnieNewbie

That sounds very promising :)

9. ErinsMommy

ErinsMommy What if i fall..but oh my darling what if you fly!

When we went we had both, but were on the DxDp if that made the difference or not I dont know.

10. TCRAIG

TCRAIG Member Since 2010 SS/OKW/HH/BCV/WLV/BLT/GF

It's my favorite breakfast - I get the buffet - DH orders off the menu. Always delicious and fresh and stellar service!

Ewoks likes this.
  11. Ewoks

Ewoks Mouseketeer

We were there last week as well as three weeks ago and it is definitely buffet OR menu. Each person, however, can order one or the other, so for example one person at your table could choose to order from the menu and everyone else get the buffet. Most items on the menu are available on the buffet (sweet potato pancakes, frittata, etc). The Mickey waffles at the Wave are multigrain, unlike other restaurants on property, and in my opinion they're much tastier too. Something about the multigrain batter makes them extra yummy.

ErinsMommy likes this.
  12. kitkat4622

kitkat4622 DIS Veteran

so one more questions, on Sunday's is it the brunch menu or regular breakfast menu?

13. minoh

minoh MinnieNewbie

14. miTnosnhoJ

miTnosnhoJ DIS Veteran

We did the buffet at Wave for Breakfast, and it was really good. There is a big selection so there is something for everyone. If you like eggs, bacon, omelets, and grits, you will not be dissapointed.

Ewoks and bamaliving like this.
  15. andied

andied Earning My Ears

It's our fav breakfast on property

Ewoks likes this.
  16. Meriweather

Meriweather Being a Nana is my superpower

One of our favorites now. We have gone twice recently....probably add it to our go back again....and again

Ewoks likes this.
  17. goofy4prez

goofy4prez A guy can love Disney and still keep his man card!

Would I recommend the Wave for breakfast?

ABSOLUTELY

The Wave was one of the most pleasant surprises I have experienced at WDW. When we were staying at the CR a couple of years ago we decided to try this place out last minute since we were there and did not have a breakfast ADR. IMO, one of the best breakfast buffets on property along with the option to order off the menu instead. The buffet is not large, but it is fresh, it is clean, and it is well maintained. These three things you really cannot say at most of the Disney buffets, especially the character buffets. I have been there twice since then and each time the experience was a pleasant one.

Ewoks, bamaliving and minoh like this.
  18. disneymom06

disneymom06 DIS Veteran

Another YAY veto! It was a surprise to our family who enjoys late breakfast. We were worried that lunch would interfere but as they started lunch they were still maintaining the breakfast buffet. Excellent choices, food was hit and well stocked. It has become one of our must visit. The Wave has never disappointed in many visits.

Ewoks likes this.