The Walt Disney World Annual Passes Open for Sale

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I was just looking for a bit of clarity.

I bought 2 sorcerer passes last weekend (DVC members), and the cast member told me that they would be valid from the first day I use them for 12 months, and not the day I purchased them.

On the MDE app however it says they expire 12 months from the day I bought them, which is a bit of a worry as I planned to 'activate' them in December this year and use them again next February and October.

Is the 'expiration' date in MDE simply the time period that I have to use them for the first time, OR does it mean that whether I use them or not, they will expire on that date in 2022?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I was just looking for a bit of clarity.

I bought 2 sorcerer passes last weekend (DVC members), and the cast member told me that they would be valid from the first day I use them for 12 months, and not the day I purchased them.

On the MDE app however it says they expire 12 months from the day I bought them, which is a bit of a worry as I planned to 'activate' them in December this year and use them again next February and October.

Is the 'expiration' date in MDE simply the time period that I have to use them for the first time, OR does it mean that whether I use them or not, they will expire on that date in 2022?

The “expiration date” is the time period you have to activate your passes. The 1-year countdown will begin on the day you activate

Magical Enhancements are no longer an issue. I successfully upgraded my UT tickets originally purchased for my May 2020 trip to an AP using gift cards as payment..CM was very helpful and efficient.

The “expiration date” is the time period you have to activate your passes. The 1-year countdown will begin on the day you activate

Thanks so much, that is what I thought. So essentially, I have 1 year from date of purchase to use the pass for the first time, and then a year of access from that date?

If you upgrade your ticket over the phone, do you have to go pick up your AP card before entering the park? Thinking about calling and trying to upgrade my 4 day hopper to an AP for our trip later this week. The website says something about redeeming a certificate and picking up the AP card before first use. Wasn't sure if that was the case or if you can get in the park using MDE / Magic Band to get in and then pick up the AP card later.

If you upgrade your ticket over the phone, do you have to go pick up your AP card before entering the park? Thinking about calling and trying to upgrade my 4 day hopper to an AP for our trip later this week. The website says something about redeeming a certificate and picking up the AP card before first use. Wasn't sure if that was the case or if you can get in the park using MDE / Magic Band to get in and then pick up the AP card later.
My understanding is that you have to activate the AP at Guest Services before you can enter the park.

Yes, I believe so.
Just to reply to this, because just last week we bought annual passes for the first time ever, and notice that "expert date" one year later and were confused. So we called up Disney, and they confirmed, that you have one year to use the pass(you can't first use it in 2030), but one year from that activation date, your pass will expire(I didn't ask about things like using on the first and it last til the 31 of that month the following year)

Thanks! If that is the case, I will just wait until we get there to do the upgrade.
Makes sense. I was upgrading May tickets to use an AP in April so it made sense for me to upgrade first and then activate when we go in April. I looked at switching my May tickets to April but they cost more so it would have been an additional step to pay the difference and then upgrade. It wasn't an easy process so if you can wait until you get there and only deal with Guest Services once, I'd highly recommend that.

Had to call because need our many upcoming tickets applied to the cost of the passes. Got through at 7 and made it to the hold music and then the system hung up on us. Called back and got busy signals for a few minutes. Just made it back through and on a 2+ hour wait.
Were you able to apply more than one ticket to your AP purchase? We have 1 one day ticket and a 2 day ticket for the stays at the beginning and the end of a cruise trip. We would love to be able to use the value of both to apply to an AP purchase if possible.

Were you able to apply more than one ticket to your AP purchase? We have 1 one day ticket and a 2 day ticket for the stays at the beginning and the end of a cruise trip. We would love to be able to use the value of both to apply to an AP purchase if possible.
I was only able to apply multiple tickets by doing it in person at guest relations at WDW, specifically international gateway at Epcot. DVC member services told me on the phone that they could only apply one ticket toward the AP and I should go in person. The CM at guest relations was able to apply all of our upcoming tickets towards APs. In fact, the tickets had cost way more than the APs, so they gave me the difference in gift cards. Seems in person guest relations just has a lot more leeway than anyone on the phone.

I was only able to apply multiple tickets by doing it in person at guest relations at WDW, specifically international gateway at Epcot. DVC member services told me on the phone that they could only apply one ticket toward the AP and I should go in person. The CM at guest relations was able to apply all of our upcoming tickets towards APs. In fact, the tickets had cost way more than the APs, so they gave me the difference in gift cards. Seems in person guest relations just has a lot more leeway than anyone on the phone.
Thank you! That is what we will do. We will try that at the beginning of our stay. I will print out our vouchers and will also have both sets of tickets added to MDE, so hopefully that will be everything we need. I appreciate your response.

In the UK we are able to buy a '14 day ticket' that get you in everywhere at WDW. We have bought these for our Christmas trip. It's not much different buying these twice in a year compared to a Sorcerer's Pass I don't think. But would I be able to use a 14day ticket over Christmas (blackout dates on Sorcerer's Pass) and then upgrade to a Sorcerer's Pass? 🤔

In the UK we are able to buy a '14 day ticket' that get you in everywhere at WDW. We have bought these for our Christmas trip. It's not much different buying these twice in a year compared to a Sorcerer's Pass I don't think. But would I be able to use a 14day ticket over Christmas (blackout dates on Sorcerer's Pass) and then upgrade to a Sorcerer's Pass? 🤔
A Sorcerer’s Pass is only available to non-Florida residents if they are DVC owners, otherwise out of state visitors can only choose the Incredipass

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter